Chapter 2 The Offer

For You

In the studio

 

 

Hyomin walked straight in the studio and went to her stuff and prepare her camera.

 

“So how was the meeting?” Yuri asked even though she has an idea that it did not end well.

 

Hyomin closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

 

“I’m guessing Eunjung brought bad news…”

 

“It’s a disaster! Like how could they?! Like…ughhh!!!”

 

Yuri just let Hyomin vent out her anger.

 

… After a few minutes…

 

“Well?” Yuri asked when Hyomin seemed to calm down or drained her energy.

 

“I would need to stay longer than I originally planned.” Hyomin said. Originally, Hyomin planned to go back to China after a few days. But from the looks of it she has to stay longer.

 

“You don’t need to worry about a place to stay. You already have a room in my place.”

 

“Thanks Yul.”

 

“Don’t mention it.”

 

--

 

 

In another studio

 

 

“Hey Sunny. Everything is set up. How was the lunch meeting?” Fany asked.

 

“Actually it went well.”

 

“Huh? You mean you approve of the wedding?”

 

“Well not entirely.”

 

“So what about the Park girl?”

 

“You mean Park Jiyeon? She seems nice and adorable. She and Sungmin Oppa seem to be a good to each other. So that’s good enough for me.”

 

“How about the last time she backed out?”

 

“No one brought that up so I guess both parties have buried that issue.”

 

“That’s good then. So how about we start?”

 

“Yes, everyone, let’s start!” Sunny announced.

 

After a few hours of screening.

 

“So have you chosen?” Fany asked.

 

“It’s quite difficult but I do have my favorites.”

 

“Here’s my pick.” Fany said showing the portfolio.

 

“Her? She’s only been in the industry for 2 years?” Sunny said.

 

“Yes but look at her work.” Fany explained.

 

Sunny looked at the portfolio and nodded approvingly.

 

Fany smiled. She might be biased a bit because it was the girl in the café earlier but no one can deny that her portfolio is great.

 

“Seems like she and this model Yuri work really well.” Sunny commented upon seeing the Yuri and Hyomin’s portfolio.

 

“Yuri seems to be perfect for our T&S campaign.” Fany commented.

 

“Yes but the question is can she work with another model?” Sunny replied.

 

“Well if Sica is what you are worried about? She approved of Kwon Yuri. Actually she only approve of Kwon Yuri.”

 

“Haha Sica is fast as usual.”

 

“She asked me to send her a copy of the models.”

 

“We should set a meeting with them then.”

 

“Or how about we do a surprise visit? According to some files they seem to have a studio.”

 

 

--

 

 

Hyomin & Yuri was cleaning the studio. It was an old small studio Yuri and Hyomin used to go when they were younger. A year ago, it was for sale so they two bought it. Whenever they don’t have projects, they go there and work. Yuri was sweeping while Hyomin, who is in a better mood, is at the back cleaning. If someone would come in the studio, no one would imagine that it was owned by a top model and a fashion photographer because it gives an old studio vibe with a trot song playing in the background.

 

The bell rang signaling that someone has arrived.

 

“Welcome! Please come in.” Yuri greeted warmly.

 

The two visitors were a bit taken aback because of the person in front of them. They both recognized the model’s natural beauty despite the latter wearing an apron and holding a broom.

 

“Oh mianhe… Please come in. I will get you some tea.” Yuri offered to whom she thought were customers.

 

Sunny and Tiffany looked at each other. They didn’t know if what they just saw was true. The model Kwon Yuri is sweeping the floor of an old studio.  A girl went out of the back room getting the attention of Sunny. She was tall with a model like body. Obviously Sunny was checking her out. She assumed that this is Hyomin considering that she was holding a camera. Oh boy how she looks more beautiful in person. “Hello I will be your photographer for today.” Hyomin greeted. “Omo, Fany, are you here to have your picture taken?” The photographer asked upon recognizing the other girl.

 

Sunny glanced at Fany surprised and more so curious.

 

“Ah yes. I came along with my friend Sunny.”

 

“Oh hi Sunny. I am Hyomin. So who will go first?”

 

“I will!” Fany volunteered.

 

“How did the two of you meet?” Yuri asked.

 

“I saw her in the café yesterday. She was having a hard time choosing from the menu.”

 

“Thank you for your help. I love it. I will take Sunny there later.”

 

“Oh Tae’s café?” Yuri asked.

 

“Yes.” Hyomin answered.

 

It was Sunny’s turn to have her picture taken. “Smile.” Click.

 

“You’re a natural.” Hyomin commented.

 

“Mwo?” Sunny surely heard the compliment but still she asked.

 

Hyomin smiled and said, “You are a natural in the camera. Look.”

 

“Thank you.” Sunny said shyly. Sunny is very used in front of the camera. She should have been used to this kind of compliments but Sunny still acts shy all of a sudden.

 

“Please have some tea while we print these pictures.”

 

Hyomin and Yuri handed the pictures to the two.

 

“Actually we didn’t come here to have our pictures taken.” Fany said.

 

Yuri and Hyomin looked at each other then back to the two then back to each other before seating across the two.

 

“Fany and I are here to meet the two of you. You see Tiffany and I are the owners of S&T.” Sunny paused seeing the surprised reaction from the two which she finds dorky. “And we handpicked the two of you. Yuri as our model and Hyomin as our photographer.”

 

“What do you say?” Fany asked.

 

The two looked at each other. Hyomin started to scratch her unitchy head.

 

The truth is the two were excited that T&S is going to shoot a campaign here in Korea. Hyomin wanted to get the job because it will be a great opportunity for her and for her career. Who knows she might be able to launch her career in LA and probably move there.

 

“The thing is. We are grateful. But I’m sorry I would have to decline your offer.” Hyomin said and bowed. Yuri was shocked. “I sincerely apologize.” Hyomin continued while bowing her head.

 

Yuri followed, “Mianhe, I will have to decline as well.”

 

Hyomin looked at Yuri and whispered, “What do you think you are doing?”

 

Yuri whispered back, “What are you doing?”

 

T&S owners were shock. First because it was the time someone or actually two had declined their offer. Second because they were bowing in front of them. They were not used to this gestures.

 

“Omo please sit up. It’s ok.” Fany said.

 

“May we know why you declined our offer?” Sunny asked looking at Hyomin.

 

“If you asked me a few days ago, I would have immediately grabbed the opportunity. But something came up and my hands are all tied.” Hyomin explained vaguely.

 

Sunny would want to inquire further but she knew she has no right. She then looked at Yuri.

 

“I may sound childish but I would only accept this job if Hyomin is the photographer. Mianhe.”

 

The two dorks were going to bow again but were stopped by Fany and Sunny.

 

“Arasso, we understand.” Was all they could answer though they could not really understand what had just happened.

 

--

 

 

After the owner of T&S left, Hyomin went to have a bottle of beer. She needs to clear her head. She has been in Korea for a few days and her life has already turned upside down.

 

--

 

Flashback to 2 years ago.

 

 

“No I will not go through this engagement.” Hyomin announced during the engagement rehearsal surprising everyone.

 

“Hyomin.” Sungmin called trying to tell Hyomin to stop and don’t be too rash.

 

“Mianhe Oppa. But I am doing this for our own sake.” Hyomin said.

 

“Hyomin what is this nonsense?” Hyomin’s father asked.

 

“Mianhe, Appa. But I need to stop this now.” Hyomin replied.

 

Lee Soo Man was just there watching not saying anything but you can tell that he is not very happy with what was happening. Hyomin bowed to Mr. Lee before going to her father. “Appa…”

 

“Go back up there or else don’t you ever show you face in front of me again.”

 

Hyomin was hurt by her father’s words but she must hold to what she stands for. “Mianhe Appa. I am such a disappointment to you. But I will not go back up there.” Hyomin kissed her father. “Goodbye Appa” and left.” Hyomin left crying. She knew that after this she has nowhere else to go. She cannot go back to her family. She has no face to show to them, to her father after what she just did.

 

“What are you doing? Follow her!” Someone said.

 

“No let her be.” Sungmin commanded.

 

 

End of Flashback

 

--

 

“A beer for your thought?” Yuri offered another bottle to Hyomin.

 

“Yul, about the offer from T&S, you should have accepted it.” Hyomin said.

 

“I should say the same thing to you.”

 

“You know I can’t.”

 

“Well I will only do it with you and I.” Yuri explained.

 

“Yah what are you four? You are a top model and for sure you can do this without me.”

 

“For your information I am five. Besides I only take this opportunity so that you would try it. I mean it was a perfect opportunity for you to launch your career in LA.” Yuri said.

 

“That was the plan. Before all this.” Hyomin replied.

 

“Before you decided to changed career to being a wedding crasher/ engagement stopper / run away fiancé. Take your pick.”

 

Hyomin sighed. “Who would have thought, that they drag my sister into this mess. They made Jiyeon replaced me as Sungmin Oppa’s fiancé?! How could they?”

 

“Hyo it’s not your fault.”

 

“Yeah…” Hyomin answered though she does not agree with Yuri. For Hyomin it was all her fault. Her sister wasn’t supposed to be dragged into this mess. “I’ll fix this.”

 

 

 

--

 

 

Confuse? No? hehe

 

Here is a rundown and possible spoilers.

 

Hyomin is the original fiancé but she backed out and ran away.

 

Jiyeon is the new fiancé.

 

Sunny thought they were the same person that Jiyeon was also the ex fiancé…hehe. Sunny wasn’t there 2 years ago to meet Hyomin and Sunny does not really care about the arrange marriage.

 

:)