Chapter 1 Lunch Meeting

For You

Seoul Airport

“Seoul’s fresh air. I miss being back home!”

“Fany will you lower it down?”

“Why are you always such a killjoy, Sunny? Aren’t happy to be back?”

“No, not really. We are here for business.”

“Always so serious. Don’t forget that you are also here because of your cousin’s wedding.”

“Ugh don’t remind me of it.”

“Seriously, shouldn’t you be at least happy or pretend to be?”

“Fany, we both know that this wedding is a business partnership.”

“Who is he marrying anyway?”

“Some Park girl?”

“Some Park girl? Didn’t youbther to even know her name? Wait isn’t his previous fiancé also Park?”

“It’s the same girl.”

“Woah”

“Yes, I mean why would she back out before and then marry my cousin 2 years after?”

“She might have realized that she was wrong and so she agreed to marry your cousin.”

“Well I don’t like her. She’s lucky I wasn’t there when she threw a ruckus 2 years ago.”

“Well enough of this Park girl. She ruining the mood. So let’s talk about our campaign.”

Tiffany Hwang and Lee Sunny are business partners. They are both Koreans but most of their lives they lived in LA. They have their own fashion/ clothing line named T&S. T&S is based in LA. Sunny is a niece of Lee Soo Man who is a business conglomerate. But T&S is a company she can call her own. She and Tiffany build it without asking for their family’s help.

She was compelled to go to Korea to attend her cousin’s wedding. Sunny does not support this arrange marriage set up. And she dreaded the idea that her uncle might set her up after her cousin’s. She knew how powerful and influential her uncle is. Imagine, he was able to push the Park-Lee wedding. 2 years ago, her cousin, Sungmin and the Park girl were engaged. And then suddenly, this Park girl changed her mind and ran away. It was not during the wedding but she just disappeared. She even ran away from her family. It was a good thing that her uncle was able to control the press so no news came out about this embarrassing incident. Sunny wasn’t there during that time and so she just heard from her father what had happened. And now, the wedding is about to pushed through. Sunny just hopes that this Park girl would not change her mind again.

Sunny and Fany decided to take advantage of their stay. So they planned to shoot a campaign for their brand. They have a list of models and photographers to consider and they have no time to spare.

--

 

Yuri parked her car and checked the time. “Right on time.” The passersby were looking and second glancing at her. They were not sure if it was really Kwon Yuri that they were seeing. Kwon Yuri the top model. She saw the person she was waiting for and waved at her.

The other person waved back at her childish friend.

“Is that Kwon Yuri?”

“Neh, she’s my roommate.”

“Oh…”

“Want to say hi?”

The other shook her head. “My van is there. Plus we do not want another unnecessary rumor right?”

“Arasso.”

“Later don’t forget?”

“Hahaha”

“And don’t you dare not show up, Park Hyomin. I’m expecting you.”

“Arasso Im Jin ah”

The girl named Im Jin ah more known by the public as Nana, smiled widely. You could not tell if the top model blushed after that comment because she is known to have a poker expression. No one would ever know as the top model went to ride her van.

“Is that Nana?” Yuri asked.

 “Hi Yul. Nice to see you too. By the way I’m fine.”

“Ya ya. Is that Nana?”

“Yes it is Nana.” Hyomin said nonchalantly as she ride Yuri’s car.

“You lucky being. And you seem friendly eh…” Yuri teased. “Well it was 5 days in the beautiful island of Jeju. Who knows what would have happened.”

“Aish. I’m not like you.” Hyomin said while Yuri acted hurt. “Contrary to popular belief, Nana is nice and friendly.”

“I didn’t say she isn't. Nana is very professional. But that… what I just saw is her being all too friendly.”

“Aish let’s just go.” Hyomin said and Yuri just laughed.

Yuri and Hyomin have been friends since they were younger. Yuri knows about Hyomin’s passion for photography. And 2 years ago, when Hyomin decided to pursue her passio, Yuri was there to help her. Hyomin has made her name as a photographer. She is based in China. Occasionally, she will be in Japan, Thailand, Singapore or Malaysia. It was only recently that she decided to accept a project in Korea. It was a request from Nana. Nana is also a top model. She and Hyomin had known each other since they were younger as well. They met in China for a fashion event and it was then that Nana asked her to be part of her project in Jeju.

--

 

Later that night

 

“Looking good, Park” Yuri commented.

“You’re not so bad, Kwon.” Hyomin replied. “Who would be the lucky girl this time?”

Yuri just smirked. “Me and some friends will be in Sketch. Why don’t you join us?”

“I can’t. Ummm… the team is having some drinks and barbeque.”

“Sounds boring but it’s better than staying here at home.” Yuri said.

Hyomin was about to rebut but her phone rang. “Neh, I’m on my way out. Where are you? Ok I’ll see you there in 20 minutes.”

Yuri raised her eyebrow.

“It’s just Nana.”

“Ohhhh…well have fun on your date.” Yuri teased.

“Yah! It’s not a date.”

“Whatever you say Hyo.” Yuri said as she walked out the door. “Oh you can still join us at Sketch. And you can bring your date!”

 

--

 

The next morning

 

“Good morning.”

“Morning.”

“You’re up early?” Yuri asked.

Hyomin sighed. “Yeah… have a lunch meeting.”

Yuri became serious too. “Dreaded lunch meeting I see.”

“Yeah tell me about it.”

“Isn’t it still too early to go to that meeting?”

“Nah I like to walk around to somewhat clear my head before the meeting.”

 

--

 

“Sunny, I have confirmed the venue. So I’ll see you later for the screening?” Tiffany said over the phone.

“Thanks, Fany. That’s great help.”

“Don’t mention it.” Fany reassured. “How was the family meeting?”

“I just had breakfast with Umma and Appa. The lunch meeting is later.”

“Oh so you will finally get to meet the Parks eh?”

“Yeah.” Sunny said nonchalantly. “Where are you? It sounds noisy in the background.” Sunny asked.

“Oh I’m in a café. I’ve looking over their menu for who knows how long and still I haven’t order. Why are all these in Korean?!” Tiffany exclaimed in English. She can speak Korean but she has a hard time reading.

Sunny was just laughing in the background.

“Oh you go ahead.” Fany said to the other customer in the queue.

“One Iced Americano and one of your House Special.” The girl ordered.

Fany listened intently on the orders. She considered just copying the order.

“Here.” Fany looked up and saw a lady giving her a coffee.

“Me?”

“Yes. It’s their house special. People come here for this.”

“Oh thank you.”

“You seem to be having a hard time choosing from the menu. You’re not from here?”

“I am Korean but I lived in LA. I just arrived here yesterday.”

“Ahh well I hope you enjoy your stay.”

“Thanks…ummm…”

“Hyomin.”

“Nice to meet you Hyomin. I’m Tiffany. Fany.”

“Nice to meet you Fany.” Hyomin said. “Well I should go. I have a lunch meeting to go to.”

“Everyone seems to be having lunch meetings.” Fany commented.

“Huh?”

“Ani.”

“Well enjoy your coffee.”

Fany tasted the coffee and it was great. She loved it. She thought that she should bring Sunny here next time.  

--