final

The Wrong Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Just a little word of advice," 

Taehyung's voice boomed over the loud music of the nightclub, "The longer you strip him with your eyes, all the more you'll get caught."

Jimin coughed, turning his attention back to the cocktail mixer in front of him, trying to play it off as if he totally wasn't staring at the boy at the end of the bar, "Stripping who with my eyes? You might need glasses yourself, your vision seems to be deteriorating." 

Taehyung ignored him as he handed a customer her drink with a charming smile, then moved on to take another order. Jimin shook his head at his best friend and went back to concentrating on making the daiquiri, yet in the corner of his eye, he couldn't help but watch to see if the boy was still there in his stool (which thankfully he was, looking rather attractive if he may add).

"Honestly, just go over there and slip him your number with a free drink. No one can turn down a free drink, especially from a cute bartender, trust me, it works."

"What kind of suggestion is that?" Jimin asked wide eyed while he poured the freshly made daiquiri into a glass and sliding it down to the woman sitting a few seats away, "And what about that fifty percent chance that it doesn't work?"

"Listen, I've done it before and with this face, come on, what is failure?" Taehyung winked then handed him a napkin with a pen, "Once he takes a sip of your famous 'Jiminnie cocktail' (alright, Taehyung was exaggerating here, it was really just a gin and tonic with a extra hint of lime juice. But it was Jimin's best drink), he will be on his knees in a second, trust me." He wiggled his eyebrows at Jimin and moved down to the opposite side of the bar to fill more orders from the increasing amount of customers who were taking a break from the packed dance floor.

Jimin looked down at the pen in his hand which now seemed to be burning a hole through his palm, he chewed down on his bottom lip in thought, when will a boy like him ever walk into the club again? It took him a few seconds before he finally decided to write down a little message on the napkin and got started on making his "Jiminnie cocktail" as his best friend always liked to call it.

Within five minutes, Jimin was able to make the gin and tonic, as well as garnish it with a heart shaped lime slice on the rim of the glass. It was a little cheesy to add the heart shaped lime, but he was taking a chance even giving the drink to the guy so he figured, why not?

But there was one problem.

Jimin could not bring himself to walk over to the boy and give him the drink. He was almost immediately chewing on his bottom lip again, a habit of his that appeared when he was either deep in thought, nervous, or worried. And right now, he was definitely on the nervous side.

He starts looking for Taehyung who he found was now at the other end of the bar merely a few people away from the boy.

Really, Kim Taehyung? 

Jimin mentally groaned and tried to wave his hands to get his best friend's attention, but was failing miserably. He looked around him and decided to throw one of the empty water bottles beside him and aimed for Taehyung.

To his surprise (no, not really, Jimin knew his aim was perfect) he hit the back of his friend's head, making the latter rub his head in surprise and turn to Jimin with a look practically screaming, "Seriously?" Frankly, at any other time when Taehyung would be trying to talk up a girl, Jimin would completely understand and even be his wingman, but right now he needed Taehyung to help out so he frantically waved him over.

Taehyung held one finger up to the girl in front of him then stomped off towards Jimin with a stiff smile, "What's so important that you needed to block?"

Jimin cut right to the chase, "You have to give the drink to him for me, I can't do it."

"Jimin, you have your own two hands. Did you really call me over here just to do that?"

"Yes, Tae, please help me out here. Come on, this is the one time I need you to be my wingman." Jimin begged, his eyes all wide, innocent, and pleading, "Please, please, please."

Taehyung gave him a hard glare before letting out a sign, "Fine, you're lucky you're my friend. I hope you know that." 

"Isn't the saying suppose to be, you're lucky I'm your best friend?"

"Nope, not in my book, so you better try and act all nonchalant before I walk over there so he can think you're the hottest bartender he's ever seen, besides me." Taehyung didn't give him the chance to answer back and strolled off to the far end of the bar to the boy (and who Jimin hoped was only his friend). 

When Taehyung pointed over to Jimin he nearly dropped the glass he was holding in his hand, and turned away just before the boy and his (again, hopefully) friend could discover him watching. He tried to busy himself with cleaning the dirty glasses and tossing the empty alcohol bottles in the trash, but his eyes were itching to see what was going on and if Taehyung gave the boy his number. 

Seconds later, he jumped when he felt Taehyung's hand land on his back. He immediately began to bombard him with questions, "So, what did he say?"

"Did he like the drink?"

"Was he disgusted when he saw it was me?"

"Will he call me?"

"Are you going to answer me or not?" Jimin pouted, his left foot stomping down on the tiles like he was a child. 

Taehyung rolled his eyes as he moved his arm around Jimin's neck, "Well, if you gave me the chance to speak, idiot, I will."

Jimin sheepishly grinned, "Sorry, go on."

"Anyway, he did like the drink, said something along the lines of gin being his favorite. No, he wasn't disgusted when he saw you, in fact, he told me he's been dragging his friend to come to the club almost every weekend so he could work up the balls to talk to you. But you made the first move for him instead, and I don't know if he'll call you, just wait and see to find out."

 

-

 

Really couldn't keep my eyes off of you tonight, I hope you enjoy the drink and maybe call or text me sometime? - The cute bartender, Jimin (010-4321-6789)

"It's about damn time one of you two made a move, I've been missing out on a full night's sleep for three weekends because of you bringing me here." Yoongi took a sip of his coke with a light sigh of relief, "I've never been more excited for you to get laid, it's finally going to let me be lazy and never see this place for a good few weeks."

Jungkook gave him a side glance, "Who said I wasn't going to bring you here anymore? I still need someone here for moral support, and since you're my favorite hyung, you'll be my rock, won't you?"

Yoongi dramatically rubbed his temples together, "You've got to be kidding me."

"Should I text him tonight?" Jungkook asked, taking his last gulp of the drink Jimin made him then stood up, his eyes glued on the napkin in his hand, "Or is that too soon?"

His hyung followed his actions and took the opportunity to start walking towards the exit first, "Do whatever you want, Kook. I just want to get back home."

 

-

 

Thankfully, by the time Yoongi dropped Jungkook off at his shared apartment with their friend, Seokjin, the eldest male was already in a deep sleep. Jungkook tip-toed into his room, not bothering to change out of his clothes and plopped down onto his bed with a thump, his phone and Jimin's napkin in hand. 

He stared at the "Start a New Message" on his phone for almost ten minutes, internally debating if texting Jimin tonight (well, early morning since it was nearly 3 AM) would make him seem too eager. When another five minutes passed, Jungkook's fingers grew a mind of their own and began typing away.

Jungkook: hi, it's jungkook, the guy from the club :) thanks for the drink, it's my favorite to get whenever i go. hope it isn't too late to be texting you.

The instant he pressed send, Jungkook felt like he was back in middle school again as he anxiously waited for Jimin to text back. After tossing and turning a couple of times, his phone lit up with a notification. Like a snake capturing its prey, Jungkook reached for his phone in record time and opened his messages to see what the cute little bartender said. 

Jimin: so jungkook is your name huh? cute. but i'm glad you enjoyed the drink, it's my specialty you know ;) and don't worry i just got home from work.

Jungkook: flirting so early in the conversation? from what it seems, making a gin and tonic isn't your only specialty

Jimin: flirting back so early in the conversation, hm? i have a few more tricks up my sleeve other than making a good drink

Jungkook: from the way you handle cocktail mixer i'm sure you do

Jimin: well, well, well, what are you implying here jungkook?

Jungkook: i'm just trying to say you seem very skilled with your hands

Jungkook: think of that how you want

 

-

 

Jimin choked on his own spit and had to cover his face with a pillow to keep himself from coughing too loud when he read Jungkook's last text. They have only been talking for just about three minutes a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter