Constellations

Zodiacs & Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

My name is Park Junghwa and I’m 21 years old from Anyang.

I’m also a Taurus.

Yes guys the dreaded Taurus. The one who’s arrogant, snobbish, and stubborn.

Bull-headed… I mean, our symbol is the bull for a reason.

We tend to not get along with most of the other astrological signs, but hey, I don’t mind.

For example, the last guy I dated was a Virgo. Don’t get me wrong, I did like him… but he just couldn’t handle me. He dumped me after a month of dating because I was too controlling.

The guy before him was an Aries and boy did I hate him. He was just so moody. One day he would be all excited to see me; the next day he ing despised me. I mean what was I supposed to do? Keep him around and maybe he’ll get over it? Uh…no way. Dumped him the minute I had a chance.

Bottom line is…anybody that wants me has to learn that a Taurus woman is a lot to be responsible for.

My current boyfriend does that fairly well.

Are you talking about me? 

Uggh…really? I wasn’t done talking yet.

Well you started talking about your boyfriend which is me, so I thought it was a good time to speak.

Whatever. There’s no stopping you now. Go ahead.

Ok, this is going to be good.

My name is Ok Taecyeon and I’m 27 years old from Seoul.

And I’m a Capricorn.

Despite Taurus’, other star signs love us. We’re practical, responsible and funny when we need to be. We’re like successful CEOs while Taurus’ are the rotten janitors that drink out every night.

Hey! That’s mean! And I don’t drink out every night.

Yeah, yeah. Let me rephrase…almost every night.

Our symbol is the goat. I don’t really know what that is exactly supposed to mean but we are nice people. We can date practically anybody we want to. I don’t have trouble with jealous ex-girlfriends or money leeches. Everybody that I date is sweet like apple pie.

Yeah, except me.

Yeah…except Junghwa. She’s like the apple pie that got cooked for too long.

What the Taecyeon? You make it seem like I’m the bad guy here. Sometimes I’m a nice person.

The key word is sometimes Junghwa. Sometimes you’re a nice person.

Whatever. You love me anyways.

I do. But love for us wasn’t a smooth road. But then again, when is it a smooth road for anyone?

We hated each other when we first met. He was so serious and I just wanted to have fun.

That’s one of the many reasons why we never got along.

But one day, when nature’s lights shone so bright, we finally saw that we could work. That Taurus’ and Capricorns could make it as a couple.

This is the story of 2 opposite people–who were supposed to be compatible–and their journey through the stars.

 

 

Taecyeon was so ing pissed that he wasn’t done with school.

Being a coach at a high school only required a 4-year bachelor’s degree, but since he wanted to branch out and start his own company he had to go back to school to retrieve the necessary degrees for it.

This is what he wanted, but honestly, it ing that he had to go back to college.

Going back to school meant going back to seeing lame kids run around. It meant sitting through long boring lectures taught by a professor who didn’t want to be there. It meant meeting girls that he knew he could make long-lasting relationships with, but chose not to.

It meant being trapped in a campus full of booze and books when all he really wanted to do was go back home and sleep.

And how he loved the new Tempur-Pedic that he got after 5 years of teaching juvenile boys how to play soccer. The strain and stress that he received all went away after just 5 minutes on that bed.

Anyways, he was 27. He was tired of college and what it had to offer him. He had already been there done that 5 years ago. If this was what he had to do just to start up a company that sold plush cats, then he wanted to drop out.

But if he dropped out, then all the money that he invested into this project would just go to waste.

And he had to get his money’s worth.

If he looked on the up side of it, it was only for a year and he only had to take 2 accounting and finance classes each on different days. It wasn’t hard.

But if he looked on the down side of it, he wasn’t mentally ready.

Luckily, his friends were doing different things that happened to be revolved around the campus so it wasn’t all bad.

Just one year and he could go back to his memory-foam mattress.

With all this in mind, he pressed his car key so his jeep could start up. After quickly finishing his protein shake, he grabbed his backpack, locked the door to his apartment and hopped in his car.

The college that he was going to was new to him. It had been built about a year ago and it was close to his Seoul apartment, so commute wasn’t hard.

He was parking his jeep 15 minutes later and a hand slapped his shoulder.

He turned to find one of his best friends Nichkhun with a grand smile on his face, “Yo, what’s up man?”

A smile immediately came to Taecyeon’s face as he gave him a bro hug, “Nothing man. What about you?”

“Oh I’m good. Life’s great. Going back to college should be fun,” he said as they walked toward the school gates.

Taecyeon grimaced slightly from Nichkhun’s comment. College for him was nothing but a bad headache. Luckily for him, Nichkhun was too excited to catch the look on his face.

He shook his head to get rid of the expression and decided to change the topic, “So how’s the baby?”

A shy smile appeared at the mention of his 10 month-old baby girl, “Minhee’s amazing. Fortunately, Victoria’s off-days line up with the days that I have to be here, so we don’t need a babysitter. It’s all good.”

Taecyeon opened the gate and was instantly pushed by a kid. His immediate reaction was to show the kid a piece of his mind, but he saw that the scrawny boy was just trying to get to class on time. He sighed before looking around.

The buildings were low and most of the kids were probably high from something, because they all walked around like they were drunk. Why would you get drunk when you knew you had college tomorrow? He just didn’t get it.

Nichkhun tapped him on the arm, “Hey my class is this way. I’ll see you later ok?”

Taecyeon turned to him and nodded before he ran off. He walked the other way for a while before coming up to his class. The lecture hall looked pretty empty so he opted for a spot in the back, away from pesky boys and girls whose skirts were too high. As he settled in his seat and pulled out his laptop, he received a text from Nichkhun.

Hey! I just found Wooyoung. He invited me to this club that he works at tonight. Want to come? I know you want to. ~Nichkhun

He contemplated the idea before coming up with a response.

Sure, why not?

~~~~~~~~~~

Taecyeon took back every word that he said in that text, because he could find a million reasons why he didn’t want to be here.

First off, it wasn’t just a club; it was a gentleman’s club, meaning half- girls were walking around everywhere.

Second, it was very packed. He was lucky finding a spot at the bar.

Third, the Tempur-Pedic was just calling his name, telling him to lie down and drift right off to sleepytown.

He couldn’t blame anybody though, he did tell Nichkhun that he wanted to come. Besides it might not be that bad.

Or it may be.

Taecyeon brushed his fingers through his hair as he gulped down the rest of his scotch. The liquid glided down his throat and the aftertaste burned his tongue in a good way. He closed his eyes as he let the buzz shock his system.

“Want some more?” a bartender asked. Taecyeon was about to say yes when his friend Wooyoung came around the bend.

“Taecyeon! You came!” he exclaimed as he poured two shots of tequila. He quickly whispered to the other man and he left him and Taecyeon alone.

“Hey brother. What’s up?” he asked as he slid a shot over to Taecyeon.

“Nothing much,” he answered as he swirled the liquid in its cup.

“How’s the team? I heard you guys went as far as province,” Wooyoung asked as he served the person to Taecyeon’s right.

“We won provinces so we’re resting up before heading to nationals.”

Wooyoung smiled as he nodded his head, “That’s good. Where’s Nichkhun?”

“He should be around here somewhere. I’m surprised he even invited me to come, considering he’s got a child and all.”

“Yeah, but Victoria’s pretty lenient on the things that Nichkhun does. As long as he goes home before midnight and he’s not drunk, then she won’t kick him out of the house,” Wooyoung said before laughing.

Taecyeon laughed too before the lights in the club suddenly dimmed down. He confusedly looked around before asking, “What’s going on?”

A smirk was plastered on his face, “Well you know this is a gentleman’s club, so we do a lot of shows here. But tonight is special.”

“Why?”

His smirk grew wider, “You’ll see.”

A spotlight shone on the far stage and the curtains opened up to reveal a tall and slim girl. Her long brown hair went past her black crop top that was adorned on the end with chains. She wore black shorts and heels to match and her makeup was done fantastically. Subtle but sultry.

Music started to play and she danced on stage, involuntarily showing her curves and flat stomach. At that moment, every guy flocked to the stage except Taecyeon and Wooyoung. Some guys offered money and threw it on stage while others shouted her name.

He was mildly disgusted by the scene, “Who is she?”

Wooyoung finished drying a wine glass before placing his hands on the counter, “That my friend is Park Junghwa. Angel in the streets, devil between the sheets.”

Taecyeon immediately set his glass down, “Don’t say that again.”

“She comes in here every Monday. Never shows too much and never takes any money. But what she does give is appeal. Every guy loves her in here. If she has time, she comes on other days.”

“What do you mean if she has time? This is her job.”

He air through his teeth, knowing that his next sentence would make Taecyeon mad, “This isn’t her job. She’s a junior in college.”

The reaction that Wooyoung got was just what he expected. He could practically see the fire come out of Taecyeon’s eyes. He was the type of person that didn’t like these crowds. Women who sold their bodies to old and haggard men didn’t make sense to him. People who treated others like trash because of their own problems upset him. ed-up people in general were the type of people that Taecyeon didn’t want to be around. He despised them.

He sighed angrily before grabbing a random bottle from behind the counter and drinking straight from it. Wooyoung managed to take away the drink before others saw him.

“Why the do these women to that? Dance on stage just to get money? It ing disgusts me,” he said with distaste on his mouth.

“She doesn’t do it for money. She just wants to have fun,” Wooyoung said as he tried to reason with him. It was to no avail though because when Taecyeon was mad about something, there was no stopping him.

The lights came back on and the music changed before guys started going back to their original spots. Taecyeon ducked his head, trying to relieve himself of the now massive headache he had. He wasn’t there for very long because he heard a voice.

“So? How’d I do?”

He looked up and was instantly smacked in the face with hair. He shooed it out of the way while Wooyoung spoke.

“Perfect as always Junghwa,” he said with a smile. He served her a drink and she took a sip before looking at Taecyeon.

“Hmm… you’re new. What did you think of my performance?” she asked.

He took a sip of the new drink that Wooyoung got him, come to find out it was water, “Mediocre. Nothing special.”

She laughed, “Well that’s a first.”

Taecyeon scoffed, “It’s the first time that a guy has told you that your dancing ? I guess you haven’t brainwashed me yet.”

He saw her eye twitch and he could tell that she was irritated, “I’m going to rewind this before we get off on the wrong foot,” she held out her hand, “I’m Junghwa.”

He rudely ignored her hand, “I know who you are. Wooyoung told me about you.”

Now he clearly knew that she was mad. Nobody liked their hand not being shaken when they offered it, “So, are you new to the city or new to the club?”

“Why are you making small talk? Shouldn’t you be on stage it up?” he exclaimed.

She slammed her cup down with enough force to attract a few guys standing by, “What the did you just say? I’m not a .”

“Well you sure dress like one.”

From the side he could see that Wooyoung was trying to stop him from speaking, but he didn’t care.

“ wear a lot less clothing than what I’m wearing. Watch your mouth,” she said as she started to turn away.

Despite the loud party music, Junghwa was able to hear what Taecyeon said next, “Make me, hoe.”

Wooyoung loosened his tie in frustration before calling out, “Where’s Nichkhun when I need him?”

She turned around and smiled sinfully, “I suggest you stop talking before you make a fool out of yourself.”

“I believe the only fool here is you. Going around and showing guys your bony for money is pretty embarrassing.”

She walked closer to him, “You know what’s embarrassing? You. Your one of those guys that walks around here like he owns everything in the world, but guess what… this is my club.”

“Really? Because I don’t see you paying any bills around here. Fake hoes don’t make that much money a month.”

Wooyoung whispered in his ear, “Bro, stop. You don’t want to mess with her.”

“I don’t give a . Somebody needs to put her in her place,” he whispered back.

She scoffed and ran a hand through her hair, “What’s your problem? I don’t even know you.”

“But I know you. You’re so superficial that talking to you gives me your life story. You’re a , a , a man’s toy. You probably live in some shack behind this club and use the money you make here to pay for what little food you have,” he stood up and hovered over Junghwa, “You most likely ed some old hag into giving you money to go to college.”

“Taecyeon stop. Nichkhun! NICHKHUN!” Wooyoung screamed.

Tiny tears started to well in her eyes but she quickly wiped them away, “I’m not like that. You don’t know a thing about me.”

“I don’t, but I judge based on what I see. Girls like you won’t last a year in the real world on their own. You’re a dependent, unworthy, low-lifer that has nothing more to do but swivel your hips and put on a pretty smile.”

“Just stop talking! Stop!”

He laughed and his lips, “Oh I’ll stop. Just after this message,” he went to whisper in her ear, “Don’t defy me. The people who do fear me. You’re just another example of people I hate.”

Junghwa stood still, frozen in fear. She wiped away tears as she stared angrily into his eyes. She wasn’t going to cry. Not in front of him.

“Hey, I heard you from across the club. What’s up--” Nichkhun froze as he saw Junghwa and Taecyeon inches from each other and eyes hell-bent on destroying one another. He looked to Wooyoung who frantically mouthed to him to get Taecyeon out of here.

Junghwa scoffed for a final time before giving Wooyoung and Nichkhun a frown, “Nice friend you got here.”

She walked away and immediately tears fell from her eyes. She blindly pushed through the back door and slumped against it while roughly yanking her hair.  Her eyes were flooded with tears as she hit her head with her fist.

Why was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter