Too Much [PG15]

#BINWOO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Summary: You shouldn't draw conclusions about everything you hear.

 

Late mornings were considered luxuries in the ASTRO dorms; the members almost working an average of 16-18 hour days during album promotions. They left the apartment before daybreak and returned a few hours after midnight - if they're lucky. But now that a hiatus was looming in the horizon and the fansign events were whittling down, the boys could enjoy more mornings spent tucked in bed until it was time for lunch. That is, if anyone of them could manage to wake up long enough to remember lunch.

So you could imagine the frustration four of the six members felt when they were snatched out of their pleasant dreams by the sound of rhythmic thumping that was coming from the other room. The two person room.

Bin and Eunwoo's room.

Thump. Thump. Thump. Muted but persistent banging that occurred in too regular intervals to be accidental.

Sanha grumbled first. Turning over to bury his face on his pillow, he let out a muffled scream. "Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhh!" He reached blindly to his right, catching hold of his Jinjin hyung's shirt and giving it a tug that threatened to rip the cotton material. "Hyung, make them stop!"

"What is that?" Myung Jun muttered from the top bunk, shoving off the black Hamtaro eye mask he slid on his face before going to sleep. 

"Nnnnggghhh." Jinjin slurred, finally reacting to Sanha's nails digging into his chest. "Wh... What?"

"Jinjin? Do you hear that?" Myung Jun called down, slowly rousing himself into an upright position. Beside him, Rocky was also beginning to stir, muscular thighs shifting within his blanket.

"Hear whaaaaatttt?" The group leader's voice was still thick with drowsiness.

Sanha gave his hyung's chest a hard knock. "Those two in the other room. Go, make them stop!"

"What? Who?" Still disoriented and a bit disgruntled at being forced into consciousness, Jinjin rubbed at his eyes as he sat up. And then he heard it. That pounding that was gaining in strength, making the walls of their room shake with the intensity of a minor earthquake. "What the?"

A foot appeared on the rung a few inches from Sanha's head and then another as Myung Jun made his way down from the top bunk. "What are those two doing in there? It's like 11 in the morning." He was squinting at the wall clock that hung above their door. He suddenly clutched at the bed frame, seeing the clock quiver from its perch from a particularly strong knock. "Whoa!"

"Yes! Yes! Just right there!"

"Earthquake?" Rocky suddenly yelled. "Earthquake! Aww!" He bolted upright so abruptly he hit the top of his head on the low ceiling of their apartment.

"Faster! Please! Oh, please do me harder!"

Myung Jun and Jinjin looked at each other, their mouths hanging open, appalled at what they were hearing. DO. ME. HARDER?

Really?

Have they no shame?

This really shouldn't be a surprise anymore. They've long ago suspected that something more than just close friendship was between Eunwoo and Bin. Observant people have often commented about how unusually tactile the two of them were with each other. But it wasn't just the constant touching. It wasn't even the need to always be where the other one was. It was the looks they exchanged; sickeningly sweet glances that seemed laden with meanings only the two of them could understand. Sanha probably said it best when he claimed that it's like their eyeballs are stuck together with melted toffee.

And then in the group car last night. Those two were whispering...making the usual googly-eyes... Could those sounds be the culmination of -

"Oh my god! Yes! Don't stop! Don't stop!"

Rocky started stripping his blanket away. He was rubbing at the bump on his forehead but he was also concerned. "Why is Eunwoo-hyung screaming like that? Shouldn't we check?"

"Hnnnnggghhh. Oh! Oh!"

He was right. It was certainly Eunwoo; yelling at the top of his lungs in ear-splitting bliss. Myung Jun rolled his eyes in disbelief, unable to fathom why those two in the other room couldn't engage in their personal activities more discretely. More than that. Why hadn't Bin thought about using a gag?

"Harder! There! Again! Harder!"

"Maybe something fell on him because of the earthquake?" Rocky was making his way to the edge of the top bunk. The poor, naive thing. In all likelihood, he misconstrued the loud as pleas for assistance. Well, they were. Sort of. Except Eunwoo probably needed a different sort of assistance.

"There's no earthquake. But something did fall on Eunwoo." Myung Jun mused out loud. "Just not what you think." He added under his breath. "Most likely your Binnie-hyung... over and over and over again."

Sanha's head popped up inevitably hearing snippets of what MJ said, his young mind forming its own conclusions. "Wait? Are they wrestling?" He struggled to get up from under his covers, long limbs flailing to get free. "But that's not allowed. And Binnie-hyung could be killing him in there!"

"Yeah." Jinjin agreed, half-amused and half-annoyed at just how close Sanha's theory was to the actual truth, but still be completely way off the mark. "Binnie is definitely killing him from the sound of things."

Rocky dropped down on to the floor gracefully, landing with a catlike spring in his step. "Bin-hyung doesn't know his own strength sometimes."

"From the sounds Eunwoo's making, he doesn't know too." Myung Jun had to bite at his lower lip to keep himself from laughing. Rocky was looking at him, completely bewildered at his hyung's lack of immediate concern. Why was he finding all of this funny?  

"Hang on." Jinjin raised his hands for quiet. The sudden absence of shrieking and thudding made him sigh in relief. Perhaps he wouldn't have to intervene after all. "It stopped. Oh, thank the - FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!"

When the banging resumed, it returned with a ferocity that made all of the four members jump in surprise. And then Eunwoo's voice took on a quality of desperation that could only come when one is near the cusp of...

"Oh! Oh! Hnnnnngggg.... So near! So near! I... I..."

Myung Jun looked to the heavens - well, actually the dorm ceiling - hoping that the powers-that-be would stop the frenetic rabbits next door.

"Aaaaaaarrrggghhh!"

Jinjin swallowed hard completely at a loss; unable to string words into a coherent sentence to explain what the penultimate scream meant to Rocky and Sanha who were both looking to him - their hyung and leader - for answers. "Oh. Well, that was -"

The resounding crash that followed, however, was so unexpected that it made them all cringe and gasp collectively in shock.

Was that the bed frame collapsing or a body falling? 

"I don't know about the rest of you but I want to find out what - Yaaaahhh, hyung!" Sanha yelped, finding himself being held down forcibly.

Realizing what the two of them might walk into if they did try to help, Jinjin sprang into action without so much as a by your leave. He crawled over Sanha's sprawled form, nearly crushing their group maknae with his full weight in his haste to get out of bed. If the managers found out about how he had neglected his duties to protect the minors in the band from being exposed to anything inappropriate, he would never hear the end of it.

"No! Absolutely not! You two stay right here!" 

"But -"

"Don't you dare leave this room!" The group leader commanded, staring down both Sanha and Rocky until he was sure they wouldn't move an inch. He pulled at Myung Jun's arm, dragging the unwilling, eldest member to the door. 

"I wanna see!"

"No!"

"Well, I don't want to see so, can't I just stay here too?" Myung Jun countered, desperately hanging on to the doorknob just as Jinjin was about to pull on it. Really, he didn't need to know what Bin and Eunwoo had been up to. Funny as he may have thought of the situation before, witnessing the real thing would scar him for life.

"I need you for back-up." The leader hissed, prying him loose and shoving him out.

Jinjin's short legs made equal short work of the distance between the two rooms, even with Myung Jun playing dead weight. He was knocking his clenched fists against the closed door soon enough. "Oi! Open up! What's going on in there?"

There was silence from the other side. Jinjin and Myung Jun pressed their ears against the wood, straining to hear. The hush within became rustling; then snippets of whispered voices and... oh wow. Was that a giggle? The two nearly fell into the room when the door suddenly opened and Bin stepped out... looking tousled...y tousled. His shirt was inside-out. His pajama bottoms twisted. His hair was all over the place. And, there was a sheen of sweat on his skin like he had just done something strenuous.

"Hyungs? What's up?" Bin was blinking at them, wearing that extra bright smile that he usually reserved during album promotions... or if he was caught doing something he shouldn't.

He closed the door behind him which was odd. Now why would he need to do that? Jinjin and Myung Jun exchanged looks. To them, it was as much a confirmation that their suspicions were correct than an actual verbal admission. But they wanted one anyways...

Bin's seemingly innocent question was so at odds with the sounds that they heard coming from the room earlier, Jinjin couldn't keep his left eyebrow from going up. So he was going to play this game with people much older than him? With people who know better? Jinjin decided he was going on interrogator attack mode, crossing his arms over his chest. Beside him, Myung Jun remained silent, preferring to watch the leader unleash himself on the other male rather than get involved...that is, at least, for the moment.

"Where is Eunwoo?"

"Inside?" 

"Why?"

"Well, because he sleeps there?"

"Is he sleeping now?"

"Well, no. But - "

"Then why isn't he out here with you?"

"Well, because he's -"

"Why were you two so noisy?"

"Because... Wait? We were noisy?"

Jinjin rolled his eyes while Myung Jun thought it entertaining to watch  the volley of questions and answers travel in rapid succession between the two of them. He was well-aware of the other's strategy, firing question after question coupled with that intense eye squint until the person answering slips. Bin was doing surprisingly well under the strain of the group leader's inquiry.

"I'm certainly not here out of curiosity. What the hell was going on in there?"

Bin reached up to comb his fingers quickly through his hair. "Eunwoo just needed help with something."

Myung Jun couldn't hold his disbelief or his mouth any longer. "Really? Did it happen to have anything to do with wrecking the apartment?"

"What? No! Of course, not."

"Or breaking your bunk bed?"

"Our bed is fine. "

"So what was all the racket about?"

"We didn't realize we were making so much noise."

"Clearly." Jinjin muttered in consternation. "You woke us up with all the banging and the screaming."

"Screaming?"

"Yes. Whatever you were supposedly helping Eunwoo with in there, he was agreeing very strongly. We heard all of it." Myung Jun let his words hang meaningfully in the air.

Bin's hand reached up to clutch at the back of his neck, appearing sheepish. "Well, that was -"

The group's apartment intercom chimed, the clear bell indicating that someone from the lobby was requesting access up to their floor. Myung Jun had to step away to press a button at the monitor located by the security door. The round face of their manager filled the screen. Behind him was one of the male staff that usually assisted during fansigns. It seemed they were carrying boxes, probably the fan gifts from their last event that had passed through company inspection for bugs, spycams and listening devices; and were finally being delivered to their rightful recipients.

"We're coming up." He said.

Myung Jun buzzed him, before giving the group leader and Bin a worried glance. "If he starts looking for Eunwoo..."

"Say nothing!" Jinjin hissed.

Bin paled. Jinjin was beginning to count the minutes before he gets demoted from his esteemed position in the group having been unable to prevent this lunacy from happening. His anxiety rose a hundredfold when Rocky and Sanha burst out of their room defying his direct orders for them to stay put. They young ones stood huddled together eyeing Jinjin warily.

"We heard manager-hyung's voice." Rocky said, egged on by Sanha's nudging.

"Whatever." Jinjin replied, turning to face the entry way. "Just shut up and let us do the talking."

The five members heard the beeps of buttons being pressed from the outside; their apartment pin code known to the Fantagio staff who handle ASTRO exclusively. And then, their manager walked in followed by his assistant for the day, each lugging a huge box in their arms. They placed them on the floor in the center of the living room before both men stretched to ease the tension in their backs. 

No Taeyoon had seen the members of ASTRO grow and develop; first as their media trainer when they were still in their trainee stage

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter