Nine

Identity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So... after walking around the whole place, do you have any recollection at all?"

 

Yoseob sighed at the nth time Minhyuk asked if he had regained his memory. They had a long walk in the library, the three dining halls which he thought was superfluous, the grand living room, the pool room, the mini theatre, through the garden and well, basically the whole house. 

 

However, all that was in the smaller male's mind was how Junhyung was doing. Even right now among the flower path, his thoughts were not distracted from the beauty of it. He dare not voice out any longing of Junhyung again though. There were more repercussions than advantages and they could possibly be on the taller male and not him.

 

Trying to be a tad nicer to the gang leader, he gave an apologetic smile and shook his head, "zilch. Nothing at all."

 

"Come on! We walked for hours and told you of the significant moments you spent at those areas. In a drama, you would at least be having some flashbacks or something!" Kwon whined as he closed in on Yoseob, his gaze penetrating through the smaller male's large orbs, "surely there's something, just one tiny thing."

 

The smaller male took a step back and turned to Minhyuk once more, "I'm sorry. But this is no drama and I really cannot remember a single memory of living in this place."

 

The gang leader looked like a wounded puppy but he forced a smile as he placed an arm around Yoseob's shoulder and pulled him close, "it's alright. I understand that this is not within your control. We can continue walking around everyday when I'm not busy and maybe one day, your memory will return."

 

"Yeah," Gil quipped as he playfully punched Kwon's arm, "and if boss is patiently waiting, then you should too."

 

Kwon frowned as he kicked a stray pebble, "but I miss having Hyung in our missions. Things were much easier with his help. His powerful kicks, his swiftness, his sharp accuracy with his gun--"

 

"Oh that reminds me," Yoseob interrupted and threw a glance at Gil who nodded encouragingly. "I was talking to Gil and he told me that I have some sort of a special gun. From whatever I remembered, I never had such a gun. I only had a necklace on me when I woke up in--" he paused, a little hesitant now, as he swallowed a miserable lump down his throat, "in Junhyung's place." It was unexpectedly hard to speak of the taller male's name as the yearning was strong. 

 

Minhyuk's grip on Yoseob's shoulders tightened as he struggled to keep his voice calm. That pause only showed how the smaller male had Junhyung etched in his heart and mind. "Don't worry, Gil has already informed me. I have gotten a few of my men to investigate on this. For today, would you like to go on a mission with us? No major dealings are involved, only some good ol' intimidation to another gang as they had been getting on my nerves. Maybe a few gun shots and some blood, but it shouldn't be too much. It will be a good start for you to return to what you have been doing with us. It could help in you regaining your memory."

 

The first thing on Yoseob's list of what not to do was to return to his past lifestyle but he knew he couldn't refuse Minhyuk forever. So he nodded his head as he mumbled, "as long as I'm not the one who make those gun shots or cause the bloodshed."

 

The gang leader's smile shot right through the sides of his face, "no problem! All that matters is that you are with me again on these missions. Quick, go change into something more befitting of your status in the gang and we will leave." 

 

"I'll help him!" Kwon raised a hand like a child as his other hand grabbed Yoseob, dragging him away while he ran excitedly into the house with the smaller male in tow.

 

Minhyuk's smile gradually fell as the smaller male grew out of sight. He stared wistfully at the shrinking figure of Yoseob, "he still misses that man huh." Gil hesitated, not sure if he should be honest and hurt his gang leader. But Minhyuk did not seem to care for sugarcoated words, "just tell me the truth. You and Kwon spent the most time with him these three days, I'm sure you noticed something."

 

"His crying is increasing and more intense. Sometimes while we tell him stories of our past, he would just burst into tears. His appetite is so bad that he barely eats a morsel of his meals. It is very obvious, isn't it? He has been here for only three days but his eye bags are darker and he looks so much weaker already. He doesn't sleep well at night too. Under your orders, Kwon and I would take turns to sleep on the couch in his room. He would wake up every few minutes, calling for that man and in a bout of fresh tears."

 

Minhyuk's lips were now set in a grim line as his hands fisted up, "what exactly is so good about that man? His apartment is barely the size of the living hall, his cafe definitely makes less money than what we are doing, he does not even have a car while we have at least ten. What exactly did he do right to make Yoseob so attached to him?! He was never even like these to me in the past four years. He was always so cool even when I went missing on missions and would be calm enough to formulate a plan to save me. I remembered the once when all of you thought I was dead from the explosion, he did not even shed a tear. He used to be so tough and I wanted him to be more dependent and relying on me and only me. But now, " Minhyuk spat on the ground angrily, "that bastard did it even before me." 

 

"Maybe it is just the results of the memory loss. Let's just give him some more time and hope the memories return to him soon."

 

"If he has not starved or cried to death by then", Minhyuk growled as he headed back towards the house, "at the rate he's going, he could be a dead man by the end of next week. We need to find a way to get him to eat and sleep."

 

------

 

Yoseob sighed internally as he gave a tiny nibble on the bread Minhyuk gave him while they are seated in the back of the car, heading out for the mission. He had really wanted to eat, to have the energy to escape but he just could not stomach any food down. He missed cooking for Junhyung, missed eating with Junhyung, missed Junhyung. 

 

"When we are there, don't let anyone know that you went missing for the past four months or that you have lost your memories. Wouldn't be safe for you. These four months or so, we told people that you are recuperating from an injury if they asked."

 

"Why do you not tell people the truth? And why should they even care?"

 

Kwon turned from the front seat and clucked his tongue, "you are boss' lover. Do you not know how many wants to use you to go against boss?"

 

"I see", Yoseob muttered as he placed his barely touched bread down and stared out at the window.  It was raining heavily. He wondered what Junhyung was doing. He had better not be out riding his bike in such a weather. That silly man always does whatever he deems fit, sometimes not even caring for his own safety. 

 

"Penny for your thoughts?" Minhyuk asked as he kept the forsaken bread aside and gazed at the misty-eyed male.

 

"That's gonna be a penny wasted on unwanted information", Yoseob replied, placing the side of his head on the window whilst still looking out. "Please let me have a quiet moment for now. I'm sorry."

 

The gang leader was ticked, knowing that the smaller male was thinking of Junhyung once again, but he knows that he should not force Yoseob or show his anger because he did not want the smaller male to push him away. He was starting to smile to him and Minhyuk missed that. He missed the times when they were so happy together. Besides, he was angry at Junhyung, not the smaller male. Therefore, he allowed the rest of the car journey to remain in silence, doing what he can do to make Yoseob feel better.

 

The car came to a stop about an hour later and when Yoseob stepped out, he frowned at the pretentious looking place and wondered if gangs are really all that well off. But then again, the wealthier they are represents the shadier their dealings are. The smaller male was even more curious as to what his role was in the past and maybe even what crimes he has committed. Just the thought of how Kwon had said he was good with the gun made him a little more relieved that he left Junhyung. The taller male really deserved someone better.

 

A touch on his bum snapped him out of his thoughts and his left foot met the face of a stranger in an instant. He glared at the man who was crumpled on the floor now, a distance away. He turned and was face to face to the barrel of a gun. Surprisingly, he was unfazed as he explained simply to the member of the other gang. "I do not like being touched by anybody."

 

Just as he fini

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter