Hidden Gardens

Of Lilacs and Lavenders
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I find these... notes and flowers in my locker almost everyday." Jeongguk told Jimin as he sat at his computer chair, finishing up the research paper for Mrs. Oh's AP Biology class. 

The other boy was fixing himself dinner on the other side since his parents were too busy with work. Jeongguk could hear him moving around on the other line and would smile to himself occasionally, "R- Really? And what do they say?" 

He leaned over to grab the note from a few days ago, the flowers were still fine on his bedside table, "Like, I asked the night sky if there was such a thing as love and the early morning stars replied back with a constellation of you."

Jimin was quiet for a good minute, "...Who do you think it is?"

"I have no clue." Jeongguk shrugged his shoulders even though the other boy couldn't see and flipped the card to the other side, observing the blank back.

"Do you like what they say about you?" The smaller asked.

"Well, of course. I think anyone would."

"So, what is it?"

Jeongguk sighed, rubbed his eyes, and leaned back in his computer chair as he held one of the notes in particular, close to him, "Well, the one I got recently said: When I see you, I'm reminded of all the others the sulk in silence- you are so much more than that. I don't like seeing her hurt you. The way she speaks of you is terribly saddening. Anyone would want to give you their heart. I would give you every flower there ever was, every star that twinkled, and every drop of ocean water just to see you smile like you used to. You deserve more than you can imagine. Don't settle for less. - Secret." When Jimin didn't say anything after a few seconds, he spoke again, "They know Cheonsa and all that's been going on lately with Tae." 

"You don't even care about this person that's doing this for you. All you care about is Cheonsa." The other boy said breathlessly and almost laughed. Jeongguk didn't understand why Jimin was always so quick to insult him and his way of liking his girl best friend, "Why can't you look past her? It's so rude and selfish of you, Jeon. I'm going to bed. I have to go somewhere tomorrow with my mom and she won't let me back out, so our plans are cancelled." 

"Oh... really?" Jeongguk was taken aback, staring at the screen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter