The Stem of an Iris

Of Lilacs and Lavenders
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was an awkward silence.

Neither of them said a single word, even when they were a foot apart from each other. Taehyung fidgeted with his fingers as Jeongguk squeezed his fists. It was cold in the hallway, there was a deathly chill in front of the principal's office as they sat in the chairs. Jeongguk didn't know what was going to happen, was he going to lose Taehyung? His best friend that's been there since the start of school? Over some girl?

Scratch that. He was going to lose Taehyung over Cheonsa. 

Cho Cheonsa.

Something surged through him and not an idea ran through his mind why. There were so many thoughts swimming in his head. Where was Jimin? What was his mother going to say about all of this? Was Cheonsa going to choose Taehyung over him? Would he be suspended for starting the fight? Did Taehyung hate him now? A heavy pulsing of his temples immediately told Jeongguk that he needed to stop worry or he was going to have one of the worst headaches known to mankind. Yet, he couldn't stop thinking. He was so worried. 

The sound of heels walking across the perfectly, waxed tiled-floor had gotten louder. Mrs. Park had stepped out of her door, looking directly into his eyes and he quickly averted his attention to the arm rest of the wooden chair he sat in. She was a justifible woman, everyone in the whole school knew that. She didn't tolerate fist fights or troublemakers. Was it also bad to mention that she adored Kim Taehyung? Jeongguk was beyond nervous and he scratched at the arm rest, trying to carve his last wishes into the dark oak. Mrs. Park was going to sentence him to Death. Death was going to hand him over to his mother. Jeongguk's mother was the worst when she was disappointed. Not that she yelled, but she stuck so much guilt in his heart because she trusted him and he betrayed that trust. Guilt-tripping was worse than any punishment that she could think of.

"Mr. Jeon, may I speak with you for a minute?" She turned to the secretary and asked the other woman to grab Taehyung an ice pack. Mrs. Park guilt-tripped as well.

Just as he stepped into her carpeted office with more breakable, vaulable things than he could probably count- The Principal asked in a very concerned tone, "Jeongguk, I know you're a very good student and a responsible kid- What was so bad that you punched one of your best friends?" 

"I don't know. It was in the moment. I was angry. Everything was rushing through me." He mumbled- almost to himself. He was babbling, that's what he did best when he was nervous.

She shook her head, also in disappointment- just as his mother did. "I don't understand. What was the reason? Did he say something to you?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter