When we first met

A hope for us

It the middle of the summer in a small town. It was warm, the wind blowing a slight breeze making my hair fly in front of my face. "Dang it. I should have cut it before." I said as I suddenly bumped in to someone, making me fall on my . Ouch, I thought and cringed my face. "Are you okay?" A friendly voice asked me, but not in my native language. "Yeah, sorry about this." I answered him but he didn't answer. I looked up at the man, standing there with a confused look on his face. "Heh, didn't think I could answer you, huh?" I asked him, smiling and getting up. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't help you." He said looking down on his feet. "It's okay. I'm Mina. It's nice to meet you." I said holding out my hand. "It nice to meet you too, Mina. I'm Hoseok." The guy said, smiling at me. "You are cute. Sorry for bumping in to you. I gotta go now. Bye." I said to him and started walking towards the town. 

Where I live, it ain't big. A small town surrounded by nature, short distances to everywhere, making you walk or bike practically wherever you are going. As I walked I noticed that the guy followed me, along with six other guys. I didn't care, guess we are going the same way.

As I walked, I put on some music and started signing. I never cared that my voice , I just loved to sing. The guys behind me chuckles a little but as I said, I didn't care. As I got to the food store, the guys looked at each other and pushed Hoseok towards me. "Yeah, can I help you?" I asked him as they all followed me in, looking at all the food and I heard their stomachs.

"Haven't you eaten anything?" I asked them. "No. As you see, we ain't from her and the restaurant at the hotel here didn't have any good food." Hoseok told me with a pout. "Aren't you the cutest? If you have money, I'll could help you buy what you want. Probably don't have all the things that they have in Korea but something similar perhaps." I said as I took a cartridge and pulled it in front of me.

"Really? You would help us?" One of the guys asked me and I nodded. "You could just come to me after this, you guys seem like you haven't eaten since breakfast. I'll help you cook it. Guys your age need to eat." I told them smiling and started filling up the cart. "What are you gonna make?" Hoseok asked me with interests as he saw the things I threw in. "Well, I wanted tacos tonight, but if I'm buying for you guys too, I need more." I said with a smirk and walked forward.

"Wait, Mina." Hoseok said and looked at me. "Why are you doing this for us? You don't even know us." He continued and they all looked at me. "Mhh... I can feel like I can trust you. You guys seem like nice people and around here, you kinda trust each other. Even if your style is a bit strange, I can see in your eyes that you mean no harm." I told them honestly.

"You're an nice person." One of the guys said. "Thanks, but it's normal around here to be nice. What's your names?" I asked them. The youngest of them came up to me, smiling hugely. "I'm Jungkook. Nice to meet you, Mina." He said to me. "Yah! If she is older than you, it's noona." Another guy said. "No, it's okay. Here, there isn't any honorifics here so just call me Mina, okay?" I said smiling and they all smiled back. "I'm Taehyung. Nice to meet you." The guy who yelled at Jungkook said. "I'm SeokJin and this guy is Jimin." One of them said and then pointed at another one. "I'm Yoongi." One said and I looked at him. "Aren't you cute?" I said and pinched his cheeks. He just blushed and hid behind the last guy who just chuckled. "I'm NamJoon. Nice to meet you Mina." I just chuckled with them. "Let's continue shopping. We need more than this, if you guys want to eat." I said and continued to walk around the store. They just looked amazed as I grabbed everything, that they had no idea what some of it was.

"Mina, how do you know Korean? It ain't even spoken here." Jungkook asked me and I chuckled. "I taught myself. I might have some mispronunciations but I think I got the basics down. I'm talking to you guys, right?" I said and winked at them, throwing down some bottles of coke in the cart and continued to walk.

"How much do you think we are gonna drink?" Yoongi asked me. "Ohh, don't worry. I'm having some for tomorrow too." I said. "You're a weird girl, Mina." NamJoon told me and I chuckled. "Get that a lot so don't worry about it. I'm being me and that's enough." I said to them and smiled.

As we walked out, they carried some of the stuff and I the rest. "You mean you walk everywhere around here?" Jungkook asked me in astonishment. I just nodded. "It gives such peace to just walk here. The air, the environment. It feels so nice just to be out." I said to them and they chuckled. I just walked up to the house where I lived and the guys momentarily stopped. "Mina... You live here?" Yoongi asked me and I nodded.

The house in question, is huge. Sorry for being a rich kid but my parents wanted to live here in a huge house, making everyone look at us a bit weirdly. "It's huge! You even have a stable." Taehyung and Jimin almost yelled out. "Yeah. Let's go!" I said and walked in, where ironically my sister managed to stand. 

"Hi sis. Hade fun shopping?" Jules asked me. "Yeah. I managed to get some new friends." I said and pointed at the seven guys standing with their mouths open. "OMG!!! YOU GUYS ARE BTS!!" My sister yelled as she saw them all. I looked at her and then at the guys. "You guys famous or something, Hoseok?" I asked him and he nodded. "Seems your sister knows." He said with a faint blush on his cheeks as I looked at him intensely. "Sis, how did you manage to get them here?" Jules asked me, half screaming and jumping up and down. "Okay, if you don't calm down, I'll throw you out of here and make you clean the stable, from top to bottom." I threatened her and she stopped.

"So they are a group in Korea? Have I heard them?" I asked her, looking at her. "You do. They sang Dope, the song you try to sing sometimes." Jules said with a pout. "So you do know us then?" Hoseok said with a smile, sounding more happy for some reason. "Apparently, but I only listened to that song. Sorry. But you guys are good." I told him with a smile and they all smiles back. "Thanks Mina. It's nice of you." NamJoon said. "Kya! Rap Monster smiled!" Jules squealed and I looked at her.

"That's it! Out! No fan girling over them!" I yelled at her and started dragging her out the door. "Nooo! Let me stay!" She whined. "No. Especially since I remember you crushing on over half of them. You would try to seduce them or something. Go over to your friends. And if I find out you have told anyone about these guys. You know what will happen!" I said and threw her out the door.

The guys looked at me with both terror and admiration. "Mina, thanks for looking out for us." Hoseok said to me. "No problem. Jules know what happens if she doesn't listen to me. You guys are safe." I said and started walking to the kitchen. "By the way, what did she mean with Rap Monster? Is it a stage name or something?" I asked them and they smiled at me again.

"Yeah. We all have one except Jimin and Jungkook. I'm called Rap Monster." NamJoon said and I chuckled. "Because you're so good at rapping or what?" I said with a wink. Hoseok just laughed. "I'm Suga." Yoongi said and I smiled. "Because you're sweet and cute as sugar." He blushed at my words but NamJoon chuckle at it. "I'm V." Taehyung said. I just nodded. "I'm Jin, just shortening my name a bit." SeokJin said. I then looked at Hoseok. "What's yours?" I asked, interested what he could have been named. "I'm J-Hope." He said, sounding a bit shy about his name. "Cool name. It fits you." I told him, smiling. He just bowed. "Are you nervous or something Hoseok? You don't have to be that. I'm not gonna do anything to you." I told him as I started doing the food. "I'm not!" He said with a pout. "Aww. Aren't you cute?" I said to him. The others just chuckled at him. 

"Mina, can I ask you something?" Jungkook asked me and I nodded. "How old are you? You feel older than Jin-hyung by a couple of years but maybe you ain't." He said hesitantly. "Ohh, I'm born in September 1993. If the older ones than me want the oppa-sign, sure, I can start calling you that." I said and saw SeokJin and Yoongi smile wide. "Guess those two are older." I said signing and continued to do the food. "Call me Yoongi-oppa, just once, in a really cute voice." Yoongi said to me, with a huge smile on his face. "Fine." I said to him and walked to him.

"Yoongi-oppa, please don't make me do this again." Acting all cutely on him, making him blush. "O...oo.. Okay." He said stuttering and I smiled. "Thanks, Yoongi. You are cute when you get all flustered. I guess girls fall for you left and right." I said chuckling, as I walked back to the food. "She is good. Making our level headed guy all flustered. I like you." NamJoon said and went up behind me. "Well, thank you. It's nice to have someone that does like me." I said, starting plating up everything on bowls. "What do you mean?" Hoseok asked with a concerned voice. 

"Well, I don't have any friends. I only have my family. People here thinks my family is weird. My sister manages because she is pretty and spends money on her friends." I said to them and their faces fell. "You don't have any friends? Why?" Jungkook asked me, sounding sad about this new information.

"People thinks I'm weird and the people that comes up to me only does it to get money out of me." I said. "Not really the kind of friendship I want. I only have a childhood friend that I still have contact with, but that's it." I continued, smiling at them, but I stopped as I saw their faces. "How can you smile at that? Don't you want friends?" Jungkook asked me, sounding angry for some reason. "Sure I want friends, but if friendship is going out by me paying for everyone and such, count me out. I want friends that want to be with me for me, not the money that me and my family got." I answered him honestly.

"I'll be your friend Mina." NamJoon said to me and I smiled. "Sure, I would love too. I feel like you ain't gonna be like all the others. I feel like I can trust you." I said to him and smiled. "We want to be your friends too, Mina!" Jimin screamed and went up to hug me. "Aren't you cute? It's nice of you, Jimin." I said and ruffled his hair, making him smile. 

"Let's eat you guys and then I'll show you around." I said to them all and started taking some of the bowls to the table. "I'll help." Hoseok said as I smiled. "Thanks. It very nice of you to help." As we sat down and ate, time seemed to fly away as it has never done before for me. "Aahhh, I'm stuffed. It was so good!" Jungkook said in a high voice. "That's good. You guys are sill growing. You need to eat." I said as I cleaned of the table. "You guys wanna explore the house?" I asked them. "Yeah!" I heard a chorus hour and I chuckled. "Shall we start with my favorite?" I asked myself as I walked back to them. 

As I walked past them, they just followed like puppies. I smiled at them. "We are starting with my favorite. It's part of my work, when I help my parents." I told them as I walked up to a door. As I opened it, I just smiled. It was as I left it three days ago. I don't walk in here everyday but is go as often as I can. "This is my gaming room." I said to them, smiling as I saw the look on their faces. "Surprised? Didn't think I was a gaming girl huh?" I said chuckling as I walked up to the large tv, turning on the Wii.

"What do you work with?" Hoseok asked with hesitation. "I'm a game tester, on of the worlds best actually. All gaming companies around the world send their games to me. They want my opinion on graphics and such, and the game plot of course." I answered him as I put in a game. "What are you doing? NamJoon asked me, smiling at me. "Well, my dear Rap Monster, now that I got you all, you can help me with a game." I said with a smirk. Jungkook beemed and went up to me. "Are we gonna sing?" He asked excited and I nodded. "I can't sing, as you heard before. I want to give this company a good review of the game so I'm asking you guys of a favor." I said, bowing towards them. Hoseok just walked up to me and took a microphone from me. "I would love too." He said and put on a song. The others smiled and grabbed one too, and started to sing with Hoseok. I stood in the back, smiling at them because they seemed to have so much fun. 

Then Hoseok put on a duet and pulled me up next to him. "Sing with me." He said smiling. "Hoseok, I can't sing. I might enjoy doing it, but my voice is like a train wrack." I said chuckling. "Sing with me." He said, looking at me pleadingly. I just smiled at him. "Fine. But you owe me one." I said and started singing with him. It was fun, to have someone to play with. 

"Mina, what does you parents do? I guess you make your own share of money, but they have todo something too." Yoongi asked me. "Well, they own some chains around the world. Me on the other hand, play games as you see and help people with designs and such for home pages and apps around the world. It kinda fun, but people thinks I'm weird because of that. I'm working at least." I told them, looking down.

"Mina, you are doing what you want. If people can't accept that, then, as you say, they aren't friends." NamJoon said to me, smiling. "Thanks you guys. Shall we continue the tour? I asked them and they just nodded. 

The rest of the tour went pretty quick, most of the rooms are my mom and my sisters closets. Shopping maniacs as I like to call them. I help them, but I'm not wearing what they buy. Too many dresses and too feminine for my taste. "You want me to show you the way back to your hotel?" I asked them as it started to get late. "Could you?" Hoseok asked me nervously. "Sure. You don't live here and it can be a bit tricky to get back. Let's go." I said as I walked to the front door.

"Mina, wait for us." Jungkook said and I chuckled. "Not if you can't catch me!" I yelled and hurried to get my shoes on and ran out the door. "Yah!" They all yelled and hurried after me. After a while they gave up an I just laughed. "You guys are slow. Can't even catch in girl. What will happen then when you want a girlfriend, if you can't even catch me?" I chuckled and looked at them. "We will try again." Hoseok said and caught me in his arms. 

"See? I caught you now." He said smiling hugely. "Hope, let go of her." SeokJin said firmly and pulled him off me. I just chuckled and continued to walk. "Mina, thanks for today. We all had fun hanging out with you." Jimin said and the others nodded. "I had fun too. Are you going back to Korea soon?" I asked them and their smiles dropped. "So you're going back tomorrow?" I said and they nodded, looking all sad. "Aww, you guys. Are you gonna miss me? I can always come visit. I have some free time in two weeks. I can come to Korea and meet you. I have the money anyways and it's some company there that I need to speak with anyway." I said still walking but was caught in a huge group hug.

"You would come to meet us?" Jungkook said and I smiled. "Of course. We are friends, aren't we? Plus if always wanted to see Korea. It'll be fun." I said, hugging them back. "Give me your phone numbers and I'll call and text you when I booked everything. I'll be sad if I don't meet you guys soon." I said in a teasing voice. "Give me your phone." Hoseok said an I smiled. I have it to him and he quickly put his number in. "Hope, put in all of our numbers." NamJoon said to him and he nodded. 

"Here's your hotel. Well, as I said, I'll text you when I'll get to Korea. Hopefully you aren't fully booked so you can't meet me." I said and started walking home again, but a pair of arms stopped me. "Hoseok, I something wrong?" I asked him concerned. "I'll text you. Well definitely meet in Korea." He said and I smiled and pecked his cheek. "Thanks Hoseok. See you later." I said and walked home.