Final

Let me be your eyes

Nam Taehyun and Song Minho had been childhood friends since anyone could remember. Whenever one saw Taehyun around, they would know that Mino would be close by and watching over him.

Despite being a year apart in their age difference, they still managed to get closer in their friendship and would automatically include the other in their respective circle of friends.

Initially, when Mino was younger, he thought the feelings he had for Taehyun was one of brotherly affections. However, as they got older, he understood the actual feelings he had for the younger guy was something deep that spoke of love between lovers. He never told Taehyun about it for the fear of changing their already comfortable dynamics.

Mino decided at very early on that he would keep his affections towards Taehyun in his heart and just be there for him and making sure that the younger guy was always happy.

Even though their friends knew how much Mino loved Taehyun, all did not say anything except best wishes when Taehyun introduced his boyfriend, Jiwon, to them. Mino decided that he would still be there for the younger guy if he ever needed his help or company. After all, he wanted Taehyun to be happy.

Jiwon fitted in with them well even though there were times where he got jealous with the closeness of Taehyun and Mino but he trusted him when Taehyun told him about his friendship with Mino and he understood.

Everything was fine for the couple until one night went tragedy struck. Taehyun and Jiwon were out drinking when a fight broke out. Taehyun was in the direct line of fire and the guy was charging at him with the broken end of the bottle.

Suddenly, his vision went black.

Mino rushed to the hospital when he received the text from Jiwon that Taehyun was injured. He kept praying that everything was going to be fine and that the injury that Taehyun suffered was nothing serious.

“He was lucky that there were no other major injury. However, with that being said, there was serious damage to his optical nerve. Simply put, he will never be able to see again.” The surgeon informed them when he finally came out of surgery.

Taehyun felt as though something in him died along with him losing his vision. He would never be able to see anything or anyone. He tried his tried his hardest to adapt to the major change in his lifestyle but there were times when he just wanted to give up.

Jiwon was there initially at every step of the way through his therapy and lesson. However, he told Taehyun after six months that he could not do it anymore and left. Taehyun was devastated but at the same time he never blamed him since it is going to be such a big adjustment and commitment to live with a person who would never be whole again.

Mino was usually at the sidelines watching over Taehyun but when he found out that Jiwon and Taehyun broke up, he stepped in immediately. He never once minded that Taehyun would act like a spoilt child or hurl hateful words at him. He still pushed the younger guy harder whether he liked it or not.

Taehyun was initially resistant to Mino’s help. After all, Mino should not have to burden himself to care for such a person like him. There were times when he just felt that the going was tough and days where he just do not want to get out of bed and face the world. Still, Mino would not let him. He came without fail to drag him out of bed and to the extent of learning Braille with him.

“Why are you doing this?” Taehyun asked one night after dinner over a hot cup of coffee.

“Because I will always be there for you.” Mino said softly yet the tone of voice was unmistakable to Taehyun’ ears.

It was at that time Taehyun finally felt the depth of Mino’s feelings and he knew he came to reciprocate those feelings but he knew that Mino deserve someone better, someone who was able to see and share the world with him and definitely someone who is whole unlike him.

Mino knew that Taehyun had been pulling away from him since his little unofficial confession. He knew very well that Taehyun would think that he deserved someone better and able to share the beautiful things with him.

What Taehyun failed to understand was, he was the one that Mino wanted to share everything with even if it meant that he needed to be Taehyun’s eyes, he will gladly do it in a heartbeat. After all, was that not what unconditional love meant?

Taehyun knew it was a hard thing to do by avoiding Mino. However, when Mino begged him to accompany him out to he had been meaning to visit for a while, Taehyun did not have the heart to reject since he missed Mino too. 

“So where are we going?”

“I am not telling. It is a surprise.”

“Why the need for the suspense? Just tell me already!”

“Then it would not be a surprise anymore, Taehyun-ah. Just be patient okay?”

Taehyun could only groaned as he sank back into the passenger seat turning towards the window looking annoyed, much to Mino’s amusement.

Mino carefully led the younger guy across the field towards a fence that stood with bottles placed in the gaps.

“Okay so there is a fence in front of you.” Mino carefully guided Taehyun’s hands to one of the bottles.

Taehyun was confused at first but as he touched the bottles he came to realize that the bottles were formed as a word in Braille.

I love you and I will be your eyes so you don’t have to always be in the dark

“Mino… Listen…” Taehyun choked at the confession he just read but he would not hold him back that way.

“No, you listen. I love you and I am going anywhere or entertain the notion that I deserve someone better because you are perfect for me. I love you, you idiot.” Mino interrupted as he moved closer to wipe the tears off Taehyun’s eyes.

“I just don’t want you to regret.” Taehyun mumbled as he buried his nose into the crook of Mino’s neck as he felt Mino’s arms around his waist, pulling him closer.

“No I won’t. I love you and that is never going to change. I want to see the world with you by my side even if I have to describe every single thing to you, I would gladly do it.”

Mino gently lifted Taehyun chin so that he could look at the guy he loves more than anything.

“I love you, Nam Taehyun.”

“I love you too, Song Minho.”

Mino could not help but to lean forward to capture the younger’s lips in a kiss when he finally heard the words he longed to hear.

Taehyun finally felt hopeful for the future as long as he had Mino by his side, he could do anything.

~~~~~~~~~~

Written a short drabble because I am bored with nothing to do on a Sunday weekend... Hope you enjoy this.. As usual no silent readers please... :)

P.S... I wonder if i should put all my short tories into one main post... Let me know if i should do that... :) Anyways have a lovely Sunday! :)