EPILOGUE: Let It Go

Love Is Not Over

A/N: Prompts:


 

1 YEAR AFTER THE PROPOSAL…….

 

“It’s that time of the year again!” Hoseok clapped enthusiastically, his eyes sparkling looking around at the thematically decorated hall for the first time.

After much fighting between Minah and Jin- the official wedding planners, purple and white were chosen to be the colors for the grand day. Looking around now, the colorful hall, accentuated by the little fairy lights and flowers, it did seem as if a fairy tale wedding was going to take place there. Just like Jin and Minah had intended it to be.

“What time?” Jin absent mindedly spoke as he inspected the altar for the last time.

“You know, the wedding month!” Hoseok grinned widely. “But to be honest, I can’t believe they went ahead with Minyoung’s plan for a Valentine wedding. Rather, I can’t believe Yoongi AGREED to all this. THE PERPETUAL BLACK HOLE MIN YOONGI- of all people!”

“Well…” Jungkook smirked, “That Perpetual Black Hole Min Yoongi happens to be totally whipped like a thick cream at the moment. So much for being different……”

“Language, Kookie!”

“Yes, mom!” Jungkook rolled back his eyes.

Suddenly, the speakers start to blare an exotic beat in the hall, startling the hell out of the two older men standing in the hall.

“I like to move it move it,

He likes to move it move it,

She likes to move it move it

We like to…..”

“Move it!!!!!!!” Taehyung shouted from the makeshift dance floor on the corner, his hands flailing up in the air excitedly, all the while having his dorky smile.

Jungkook laughed out loud at his lover’s antics who was now shaking his hips in a comic way, on the dance floor, while the other two men stood mortified.

“This is…..”

“The Madagascar” Hoseok confirmed Jin’s fears, all the while trying to control his face (and body) from breaking into a dance of its own.

“What monstrosity!” Jin shouted dramatically, “I shall not allow anyone to blare a kiddie movie’s song on my only sister’s wedding….”

“It has a nice beat hyung…….”

Jin glared at him, “NO-ING-BODY RUINS THIS! I’VE BEEN PLANNING THIS FOR AGES…..” and he stomped off towards the dance floor where Taehyung was gloriously twerking his off while Jungkook collapsed on the floor laughing, acquiring a new wrinkle or two on his new and crisp black tuxedo.

Hoseok, who had been awkwardly witnessing the scene, conflicted whether to laugh with his mouth hidden or laugh while rolling on floor, quickly formed an escape plan.

“I should go and check on Yoongi” he said to nobody in particular (as Jin seemed to have his hands full with manhandling the two younger men) and quickly walked away towards the groom’s room….

The wedding had not even started and it was already eventful.

Hoseok couldn’t wait any longer and in his enthusiasm, climbed two steps at a time, finally reaching the groom’s room which was on the second floor. He knocked on it once and waited.

Nobody replied. Hoseok knocked again, this time a little forcefully.

Another round of silence followed. His eyes fell on the door which was…. unlocked. Stupid him!

“Yoongi hyung, I’m coming in!” he announced and stepped in…… only to see a deserted room.

“Hyung?” he called out confusedly, looking around the room once, twice…. thrice. He walked to check the washroom which was also unlocked and empty. He checked the balcony, the bathtub, under the bed, behind the door, under the table…. Even inside the closet (and every other place where his little friend could easily hide). He even checked the walls for extra measure to check for any secret passages….

(Listen, it’s perfectly normal in Hoseok’s mind to have closets like Narnia, okay? Don’t judge him!)

Of course, there were no secret passages or room…. Or a parallel world for that matter……. Neither was Yoongi.

He promptly plucked out his phone from his jacket’s inner pocket and dialed the said man’s number. The offensive hip-hop tune blared within the room from the top of the dressing table where the owner had promptly forgotten it.

“Oh !” Hoseok rubbed his hand down his face, realization dawning on him.

Min Yoongi, the bridegroom, was missing from the wedding venue- just a few hours before his wedding. It could only mean two things-

  1. Min Yoongi was pretending to be a human all along and now disappeared to his Narnia world…. Or wherever he came from.
  2. Min Yoongi ran away from his own wedding

“ing Yoongi” Hoseok cursed out loud before he walked out of the room, calling his friend some really ‘beautiful names’, plucked from the depths of his colorful “curse dictionary”.

He now not only had to find the missing groom (he was the best man after all), but also try to keep the situation under control and avoid panic (read: “AVOID TELLING MINYOUNG AND JIN AT ALL COSTS!”)

Couldn’t his life be easy for once?

“ing Min Yoongi” he cursed again, as he climbed down the stairs, promptly dialing another number on his phone….

“Ya Jungkook-ah! We’re in big trouble.”

 


 

“There! You’re all done now” Minah smiled brightly at her friend, standing right behind her as they both stared at her reflection. Jinah’s mom stood on the other side smiling in the same manner with little tears pooling in her eyes.

Her little girl had grown up and was now finally getting married. Her tears were justified. And seeing her, brought little tears in Jinah’s eyes as well.

“Oh don’t!” Minah shook her slightly by her shoulders, “Don’t cry now. Otherwise, all the makeup and effort that we did will be all for naught.” Deftly, she plucked a few tissues from the box and gave to the mother-daughter duo.

“Thanks!” Jinah’s mom mumbled as she dabbed her eyes before blowing her nose into the tissue. “Ah! I’ll have to do my makeup again…..” and she hurriedly walked back to washroom.

“Told you” Minah called after her. She turned back to look at her who just sat in front of the mirror, staring blankly at her reflection.

“What’s up with you?” she asked, pulling a chair beside the bride.

“Nothing” Jinah let out a shaky exhale, “Just pre-wedding jitters. I have been waiting for this since so long. And now that it’s here…. I don’t know…. Will it be okay?”

“Of course it will be okay” Minah squeezed her hand, smiling widely at her. “You guys have been through your worst to come here. Besides, whether you admit it or not, you guys were practically married all along. You just had to legalize it. If nothing, you are doing a favor to all of us with this. Seriously, it was becoming grosser day by day to watch you guys canoodling like young lovebirds which you guys aren’t anymore….”

“Hey” Jinah glared at her friend AKA maid of honor AKA the party pooper, “You are the person to tell me I’m gross? I wasn’t eating my boyfriend’s face when I introduced him to my best friend in a café full of people…”

“What? That’s it you…”

The door suddenly was thrown open and three figures stumbled in.

“Hoseok!” Jinah stood up, visibly surprised by the commotion, “What happened? Why are you guys here?”

“Whoa noona!” Taehyung commented, his big eyes growing wider as they went down her lithe figure gracefully covered in the long off-white wedding gown that her best friend had designed for her special day, “You look hot!”

Judging by the looks the three men gave her, seems like Minah did a good job.

“Erm…” Jinah blushed furiously, “Thanks?”

Jungkook, who had been regarding his boyfriend from the corner (and burning in jealousy), coughed loudly, dragging everybody’s attention to them. “We were just here to check on you guys. The wedding will start in an hour so….”

“We’re ready” Minah confidently said, standing up at her place, ruffling her dark purple gown.

“Ah! Good! Great” Jungkook immediately started to stutter, giving the women two thumbs up. While the other two men scattered around the room, searching every corner.

Jinah watched them curiously. “Are you guys looking for something?” She commented as Taehyung was dangling dangerously from the balcony’s railing, looking somewhere above.

“Where is maa?” Jungkook ignored her question, his eyes flitting between Taehyung who was almost off the railing and Jinah, who was looking at them suspiciously.

“Here” Hoseok commented behind him, with Jinah’s mom following him in hurried steps, “He’s not here Jungkook. We’re so screwed.”

“What happened?” Minah was now standing near her boyfriend, holding him by his elbow.

“Baby we’re screwed. That’s what happened” Hoseok pinched the bridge of his nose, trying to check the building anger, “Yoongi has gone missing!”

 “What?”

“Where?”

“How?”

All of them turned around to see Jin standing with hands on his waist, his expression betraying just how furious he was. Standing behind him were Jimin and Yoongi’s dad, looking equally stricken by the sudden news.

“You mean to tell me” Jin literally stomped his way towards Hoseok, pulling him by the collar, “MIN YOONGI DARED TO RUN AWAY FROM MY SISTER’S WEDDING? MY SISTER?”

“Oppa stop….”

“I wouldn’t give two s if it was some other girl. But this is my sister. MY JINAH! And no one leaves her at the altar. She leaves people at the altar…”

“Hey guys! I think I …” Taehyung jumped inside from the balcony (what was he-Spiderman?), froze in his spot, looking at the commotion. He looked at his lover who was trying to break the fight between Hoseok and Jin and then looked to Jimin, who had seen him coming and seemingly understood him.

“Hey guys! I think Taetae has to say something…”

“Not now Jimin!” Minah scolded him as she tried to pull Jin back, “ing stop Jin! Hoseok doesn’t know where he went. And don’t you dare give him a black eye and ruin his perfect face or I swear. I’VE BEEN PLANNING THIS FOR AGES and you better not ruin it for me!”

“He better know where he is or I swear I am going to flip this entire building right about now…..”

Behind them, Jinah sat quietly on her bed, her mother having pulled her into a side hug.Of course she was crying. The thought of her lover leaving the wedding last minute…. And then her closed ones fighting like this was enough to drive any nervous bride to the edge.

Jimin exchanged glances with Taehyung and then Yoongi’s father. He took a deep breath.

“Hey!” Jimin stepped ahead.

“Not now Park Jimin or I swear…..”

“LISTEN UP YOU DOUCHEBAGS!” Jimin finally yelled.

All activity seized as they saw Jimin’s now burly figure seeming even scarier with the way he had gone all red and was breathing heavily, his neck veins becoming prominent.

“If this is something in defense of that runaway then I don’t want to listen…”

“Nobody even asked you to, you overbearing old hag!” Jimin was glaring at Jin, “So just shut your trap. All of you. And listen to Taehyung for once. He seems to know something about Yoongi’s whereabouts…”

All eyes shifted to the said man, who was now awkwardly shuffling on his feet.

“Well?” Jungkook encouraged him, as Hoseok gently pulled himself away from the tight grasp that Jin had on his collar, falling back into Minah’s welcome arms.

“I chanced a glance at the parking lot below. Yoongi hyung’s car is still parked. At the same place.”

“So?”

“So there’s no way he ran off. He’s still in the building, hiding somewhere” Jungkook completed for him. He turned to face the elders, “We should look around again. Maybe there is some place we’ve missed during the search…”

“I think” suddenly, Yoongi’s father spoke, drawing all attention to his deep voice, “I know where he might have gone.” He smiled warmly to the boy next to him. “Jimin” he looked at him with a knowing glance.

The said man looked back at the elderly man, both seemingly communicating by telepathy. Soon, the same look graced Jimin’s face, visibly calming him down.

He sighed. “I’ll go find him” he announced to the other people.

“All the best son” he called out as Jimin nodded to him, before he walked out of the room.

Yoongi’s father turned to the other people in the room. “I would like to talk to the bride alone. That is, if you all don’t mind” he looked at others, who regarded him with something akin of awe and curiosity.

“Of course, Mr. Min!” Jinah’s mom smiled back at him, standing up at her place, “She’s your daughter too now”. She pointedly looked at both her sons, the message clearly understood as slowly all of them dispersed out.

The door closed behind them with a soft thud. Jinah stood up from her place, bowing down deep to greet her soon-to-be father-in-law.

“I am sorry” that was the first thing that he said.

“Excuse me?” Jinah looked at him confusedly as he stood a little away from her, leaning on one of the sofa chairs, dazedly looking at the white lilies that were kept in a small vase on the coffee table.

“My younger son, Yoongi” he had a bitter smile on his face, “He’s never been very good with emotions. Or people in general. His mother died when he was very young. Well, not young enough to forget about her clearly. But ever since Yoona passed away…. Something changed in him.” He turned to look at Jinah. “You know….. He was a very bright kid. He would laugh so much when he would play, he would talk a mile a minute till we couldn’t get him to shut up….. You know, his favorite toy was the small red keyboard that we got for him on his birthday when he was four. He would sit with it throughout the day and play some note or the other with his mother. My wife…… she was the one who loved music a lot. And she passed it on to our little one too. So when she died…… the music that Yoonie had, died too.”

“I am sorry” Jinah mumbled, her heart already aching by the thought of little Yoongi, sitting all alone in the dark room quietly, his small figure hunched up beside his mother’s photograph.

“You know he wanted to be a rapper before?” Mr. Min sunk into the chair, “He saw some performance as a kid on the television and went all crazy after that. When Yoona passed away, he immersed himself more into his books and music…. But it didn’t have that joy for him anymore. After he started going out with Jimin, I thought I saw that passion back in him. I was hopeful that my son was back. So when I suggested him about this architecture course, I was surprised that he didn’t even resist and just accepted it as it was. No arguments. He just threw everything back in a box and pushed it away into the closet, never to open it again. That’s when I realized that maybe Jimin was never the love of his life as he claimed it to be........

He might have fiercely loved Jimin. But he wasn’t enough to make him forget the pain that he had been carrying since so long. The two of them were so broken…..that they couldn’t repair each other and bring each other up. But with you, I’ve seen that passion in him.” He was smiling at her warmly, “You, my child, you’ve brought back the little Yoongi that I had lost years ago. And I don’t really know how you did it, what you did…. But I just want to say…. Thank you. Thank you for accepting him and letting him open up himself. Thank you for believing in him and loving him and giving him another reason to love himself. Yoona…. she would have been so proud of you both” The older man immediately wiped a stray tear that fell from his eyes.

Jinah sat there dumbfounded by the sudden outpouring, containing her own tears. “Thank you to you too” she mumbled back, still reeling from his deep words, “Honestly, even I don’t know what Yoongi sees in me. But I’m glad to know that I mean something to him. I promise you that I’ll always look out for him- in sickness and health. I’ll never let him alone or any less loved. He is very precious to me and there is nothing that I wouldn’t do to keep him happy.”

“I am glad” Mr. Min smiled at her, “I am glad you two found each other.” Silence descended in the room as Jinah bowed to him, returning his smile back. They were family now. Just the prospect of it made her heart swell.

“I should go now” Mr. Min stood up, “The guests must start coming soon. I have to be there with Yoonjae…”

“Father?”

Mr. Min turned back to face her.

“Where do you think Yoongi went?” she looked at him curiously, “You never told me that…”

Mr. Min gave her the same knowing smile (which he gave to Jimin moments back), “You know…… after his mother’s death, whenever Yoongi would feel anxious or troubled and he felt too shy to share it with me, I would always tell him to look up at the sky and smile. Because somewhere from above, she will be looking out for him, giving him answers for all his troubles. So if my guess is right he might be…..”

“…… on the Rooftop” Jinah finished for him, realization dawning her features.

Finally, years after dating him, she understood her partner’s habit of running off to the rooftop every once in a while and literally camping there, till he would catch a cold.

Min Yoongi was such a difficult puzzle to solve. But she loved him anyways.

And that would never change. Not now. Not ever.

“Good luck” Mr. Min gave her a thumbs up, before he opened the door and disappeared out into the corridor.

 


 

Another gust of chilly wind hit his pale face making it even more pink than usual. He knew it was an awful idea to sit outside in the cold (though thankfully, they were in Jeju and not Seoul……. He would have definitely frozen his off if that was the case).

But….. he had to see her.

How could he forget his mother on his big day? Obviously he wouldn’t. Never, for the world.

He wonders how different things would have been if she was here. How would she receive Jimin as her son’s boyfriend? Would she have liked Yoongi being a rapper? Or would she have said the same thing as his dad? Would she have liked Jinah?

Of course she would have liked her. Everybody liked her. She had that easy going nature that he lacked. A thoughtful smile came on his face.

He stared at the noon sky which shone bright blue back into his eyes. Thank God the weather seemed to be okay. Maybe it was just her way of saying that everything would be fine.

Yoongi didn’t know of any Gods. But he had known his mother.

“How are the folks up there treating you mom?” he asked to the flying clouds in the sky that seemed to .

“Enjoying? ....... Glad to hear.” He had his gummy grin, “At least one of us is enjoying.”

Another breeze passed by but he was too numb to feel anything, wrapping his jacket tightly over himself.

“I am scared amma” he confessed to the air, “I don’t know… Will I be a good husband to Jinah? Will I be a good father to our kids in the future…..Just like how our father has been? I don’t know…. I want to do the best for us. Will I be able to?”

“Of course” he heard a voice behind him.

Yoongi jumped at the sound, turning back so swiftly that he almost lost balance. “Jiminie!” he squeaked.

“Hi!” Jimin gave him a smug grin, slowly coming to a halt beside him, “Having a conversation with heaven again?”

“Shut up” Yoongi’s ears were totally red now…. And it wasn’t because of the cold anymore.

“It’s okay” Jimin patted his back, “Whatever helps you. Just take it off your chest……. ”

Both of them stood in silence on the terrace of the hotel, looking out at the picturesque landscape with the distant beach and the blue green sea which sparkled under the sun and kissed the clear blue sky in the distance……

It was all so beautiful. So perfect.

“You’ll be fine hyung” Jimin was now Yoongi’s back, “If I know you well (which I am pretty sure I do), you are totally a husband material. A++. It’s like…. Domesticity comes naturally to you……”

“Shut up brat”

“... And to her as well” Jimin squeezed his shoulder comfortingly.  “As it is, you both are literally the father and mother of the gang.”

“Seriously” Yoongi was glaring (and failing as his lips twitched into a small smile), “Shut up Jimin, before I push you from here.”

“Try me” Jimin winked at him, making Yoongi blush even more.

“Have some shame dude” Yoongi mumbled, “It’s my wedding day….”

“And you’re being a right now” Jimin was looking at him seriously, “Man the up Yoonie! You were the one who asked her for marriage because the transition seemed natural to you. And the level of transparency and communication you guys have now, you won’t even realize the difference, trust me. You both have waited for so long. Now don’t back down. And trust me, mom won’t like it either...”

“You think so?” Yoongi said quietly, looking like a school kid being parented by his father.

“I know so” Jimin cupped his face in his hands, “You will be fine hyung. Trust me…… Trust mom. And besides, if you ever have a doubt or fight, you know we all will be there supporting you like your personal cheerleaders.”

Yoongi conjured a small smile, holding both of Jimin’s hands in his, “Thank you Jiminie. Thanks a lot for everything.”

“Idiot” Jimin touched his forehead with his own, “What is family for?” He pressed a small kiss to his pale forehead, his lips resting for a longer time than necessary. When he pulled back, he saw Yoongi looking at him with those buried emotions for a split second, before he was pulled into a hug.

“I mean it when I say this” Yoongi whispered, “Thank you so much for everything. Our time might just be a memory….. But it will always be the most beautiful moment of my life. Forever. Never forget that.”

Jimin choked back the tears that inadvertently pooled in his eyes. “Thanks to you too, you sappy old man” he whispered back, his grip tightening around the groom’s waist.

Both stood silently under the sun in each other’s arms, their secret just known to the wind…. And the sky above. Just like the scene from the last page of a romantic novel. Perhaps, that’s what it was…….

A pop song suddenly blared around them breaking their moment. Jimin fished out his cellphone from his pants’ pocket, quickly wiping his tears.

“Hello?”

“Jiminie, you found him?”

“Yes hyung. He’s with me right now.” He heard an audible collective sigh from the other side.

“He’s fine right? He wasn’t there too jump off right? His father told us to look around at the grounds so….”

“He’s fine Hobie hyung” Jimin barely suppressed a chuckle, “He didn’t jump off and yes, we’re on the rooftop. See you down in a minute.”

“Cool. See you” and he hung up.

“Forever the troublemaker! See what you did?” Jimin scolded him lightly.

“Sorry?” Yoongi had the nerve to still smirk at him when everyone below had been pulling at their hair strands about his whereabouts.

“You better be. Jin hyung didn’t seem very pleased…”

“Oh !” Yoongi’s expression immediately morphed into that of horror, his legs moving on their own accord towards the door. “We should go Jimin. That man would cook me alive and serve it to the guests if that was possible…”

“Be there in a minute” Jimin smiled as he saw the love of his life giving him his brilliant gummy smile before disappearing from the place, and possibly, his life.

But this time, his heart didn’t ache the same way as it did before. It did hurt, but it was a good kind of hurt? After all, Yoongi deserved all the happiness of the world.

And the most that he could do for the person he loved the most, was to let them go.

And somehow, the realization made him happy…. Really happy…. For the first time in several years. It was the same kind of happy when he was with Yoongi years ago. He looked up at the sky.

“I let him go amma” he smiled widely, his eyes drawing into those beautiful crescents.

“And I’m happy.”

 


 

Thankfully, everything had settled down as soon as Yoongi reappeared. Seokjin seemed to have calmed down (a lot). And Hoseok was reassured that he won’t die so soon.

Soon enough, the wedding started off smoothly as guests started coming in one by one. It wasn’t a very big gathering, just consisting of the near and dear ones.

Namjoon had come dressed up smartly in a navy blue tux, his blonde hair gelled up revealing his forehead. In the past three years, he had become much more attractive than he was already.

 

A year after Minah left her previous workplace, Namjoon had released a select collection of poems he had written over the course of ten years, starting from high school. It was a known fact to his close ones that Kim Namjoon had the command over languages. But to see his talent being appreciated by other people, especially by some of the big literary figures of the country was just….. Surreal. Needless to say, Namjoon became a celebrity overnight and was now a celebrated poet/author from the younger generation, with two successful releases under his belt.

 

Soon enough, the time for the ceremony arrived. Yoongi took his place at the altar beside the priest with Hoseok, forever his sidekick since ten years, whispering supportive messages for him from behind. He had no idea what he would do if Hoseok wouldn’t have been with him throughout all these years, supporting him through everything without asking any questions. As much as he cursed him to be less of a sunshine, at this moment, there was nothing he would want to change about him. (Though he was sure to tease Hoseok to hell, the day he gets married to his girlfriend.)

He ran his eye once again over the crowd, seeing all his loved ones sitting in the front row with equally vibrant expressions.

Yoongi’s dad and his niece sat together, giving him a thumbs up. He smiled back, giving her a thumbs up in return. There was Yoonjae, his elder brother and sister-in law, deep in conversation with each other. His family- though incomplete shall forever be his pillars. And he hoped Jinah felt the same about them.

His eyes fell on Jimin who sat on the other side of his dad, wiggling eyebrows at him suggestively.

Jimin- Park Jimin. His Jiminnie. His first love. His first everything. The man to whom he owed his life, someone who taught him that it was okay to hurt but one should still love themselves. The carefree but strong Jimin, who had been to hell and back, time and again. Gods weren’t exactly fair with him in anyway. In spite of everything, their bittersweet memories, Yoongi could only wish all the world’s happiness for him. Even if their love was over, Yoongi knew that he would be there for him in a heartbeat (just like Jimin would be there for him). After all, they were best friends before anything else.

He barely suppressed his laugh at his antics and quickly shifted his eyes to the bride’s side.

Minah and Jin stood on the other side of the altar, deep in discussion over something. As much as they both had irritated him to extremes throughout this wedding preparation (and before…. And he was sure they would do so in the future as well), he shall forever be grateful to them for all that they had done for both of them till now- from being their cheerleaders to even being their strict mother-in-laws. He shall eternally be grateful.

Mrs. Kim gave him her motherly smile. He was regretful that he got to know her only later. She didn’t exactly fill the void that his mother’s death had left in his heart but she still did her best. It was amazing to see how she had a tremendous capacity to love and to offer that love selflessly to the people around her. Perhaps that’s why, all three of her children- Jin, Jinah and even Jungkook…. They always looked out for each other and the people around them. Dr. and Mrs. Kim had clearly done a wonderful job.

Speaking of Jungkook, he was currently taking photographs on his DSLR. Ever since he came from US, he had taken a fierce liking to photography and actively pursued his hobby. Yoongi suspected that it had something to do with his oh-so-photogenic boyfriend but he never pondered much about it. Nevertheless, if anything, the kid had been his staunchest supporter throughout the relationship and looked up to him and Yoongi sure didn’t want to disappoint him. Not now. Not anytime.

A light flashed on him, bringing him out of his daze. He blinked multiple times, rubbing his eyes briefly. He looked up to see Jungkook giving him a dorky, bunny smile. Taehyung stood behind him, peering into the screen which his partner had clicked and broke into giggles.

Taehyung- well what to say about him. This fact itself was just enough to describe the weird persona he was, that rendered people speechless. One time dorky, other time genius, his go to whenever home sickness hit too hard (frankly, it was Taehyung who would get home sick more often, always worrying about his grandmother and her strawberry farm back at home), Taehyung was the person that weirdly kept them all together. He was adorable like that.

(What? Yoongi can find people adorable too…!)

Suddenly, the doors across the aisle opened, the whole hall being immediately being washed up by pin drop silence.

At the end stood Dr. Kim with the love of his love- looking ethereal in her off-shoulder wedding gown.

For a moment, Yoongi lost all his words as they slowly walked down the hall. He had always dreamt of this moment several times already and each time, Jinah looked beautiful. But this was…. Something else. This brought tears in his eyes. The tears of joy. The tears that his mom would have been shedding with him if she would have been here.

He quickly dabbed his eyes dry and looked up to see her getting closer. With each step she took towards him, his heartbeat rose too.

He had been waiting for this moment. The moment when he shall forever make Jinah his.

She reached the altar with Dr. Kim pressing a kiss on her forehead before he took his place beside his wife. Minah helped her with the dress, as she slowly climbed up the little steps that led to the stage.

When she came to stand before him, she finally looked up, visibly choking back tears of her own.

“Hi gorgeous!” Yoongi blurted out.

“Hi!” Jinah bashfully replied, visibly shrinking under his intense stare.

“Everyone please be settled” Jin announced from the podium, “We shall now officially start the wedding ceremony of Mr. Min Yoongi and Ms. Kim Jinah.”

“You’re ready?” Yoongi gave her a small smile.

“More than ever” Jinah smiled back at him.

 


 

Soon enough, the ceremony was over. When the time for the kiss came, Yoongi swept Jinah in her arms and kissed the daylights out of her, earning catcalls and whistles from their friends, scandalous looks from some of the elders and knowing smiles by both the fathers. Interestingly, Jin cheered the loudest out of all of them reassuring him that everything was finally, FINALLY, alright.

And now, after a round of food and wine, they were at the dance floor. And what started out as a sober affair eventually turned into a hilarious party as nobody seemed to care about anything anymore. Jinah and Yoongi were happily dancing with her parents. Taehyung and Jungkook were doing some weird dance moves of their own. Mr. Min was happily dancing with his granddaughter standing on his toes. Jin was chatting up to a very pretty colleague of Yoongi’s, who had not left his side ever since the ceremony got over. Hoseok and Minah were MIA. (Well everybody seemed to know what they might be up to so no one bothered…. You know what I mean! *wiggles eyebrows suggestively*)

Jimin had been watching all of them from the round table in one corner, with a huge smile on his own, nursing half a glass of wine in his hand. Seeing all of them enjoying themselves without a care in the world was refreshing.

“Not dancing?” a deep (and admittedly y) voice suddenly came from behind him.

Jimin turned around to see a tall (really tall guy with blonde hair) smiling at him cutely (oh God, those dimples!), coming to sit beside him. Seeing him this close, familiarity seemed to creep up in Jimin’s mind. He had seen him somewhere… and oh!

“Namjoon right?” Jimin squeaked, looking at him wide eyed, “Kim Namjoon. The author of ‘REFLECTION’! Oh my God! It’s you.”

“Uhm” Namjoon visibly blushed, “You seem to know me. Thanks, I guess?

“Of course I know you” Jimin said, “I am a huge fan. Besides, haven’t we met before? Some years back, during Jinah’s birthday or something? You and Jin hyung did that dance…”

“Oh please don’t remind me” Namjoon covered his blushing face in his hands, to hide his embarrassment. He had just come to ask for a simple dance date. Why was this happening to him?

 

Ever since they had met the first time years ago, at Hoseok’s apartment, Jimin had always been there somewhere on his mind. They didn’t talk much but Namjoon was charmed enough for the night to remember him for the rest of the month. Or the coming months.

Neither could he ever muster the courage to ask for his number. Namjoon wasn’t sure about himself at that time. Just what was he?

 

Suddenly, he heard Jimin giggle. He quickly looked up to see his small figure shaking with laughter, one hand covering his face, his eyes twinkling. “You’re cute” he managed to say between his incessant giggles.

If there was something more beautiful and innocent in this world, it was Park Jimin’s laughter. And Namjoon could already think of hundreds of words to write on it. He sat there dazedly, admiring the beautiful specimen that was Park Jimin.

Why did he take all these years to figure this out?

“Would you like to dance with me on the next song?” the words left his mouth even before he could think.

Jimin looked at him, his eyes still smiling, enjoying the awed expression that Namjoon currently had. He was a really, really clumsy yet attractive man.

Jimin could definitely use a date or too for the night.

“Of course” Jimin stood up as the song ended, giving out his hand towards him, “Lead the way…..”

As soon as they reached the stage, the familiar tropical beats and then an explosive chorus rang out…

“I like to move it move it,

He likes to move it move it,

She likes to move it move it

We like to…..”

“Move it!!!!!!!” everybody in the hall shouted in unison. Somewhere down the hall, they could hear Jin’s voice yelling an indignant ‘KIM TAEHYUNG, YOU RETARD!’ which was soon drowned out by the energetic little crowd on the dance floor.

Jinah had long thrown away her heels and was now jumping up and down with the beat. 

“Is it just me or did the party become ten times more fun now?” Jinah called to Yoongi.

“I think I would agree with you on that baby” Yoongi replied. He slowed down a bit, admiring her as she just danced away, uncaring of the song or its lyrics.

“Hey!” Yoongi pulled her by the waist, bringing their chests flushed together.

“Hmm?” Jinah smirked back at him.

“I love you” and he planted a forceful peck on her lips.

“I love you too” Jinah grinned back, burying her head in his neck.

So much for their happy ending…….

 


 

BONUS SCENE:

The last part of the ceremony arrived where the bride had to throw the bouquet behind her for the maids to catch. And seeing the anticipation of the ladies, it was clearly the most anticipated event of the entire day.

“Don’t they ever get tired?” Jungkook commented from where he was collapsed on one of the chairs beside the commotion, his feet pulled up the table. Unexpectedly, his usual energy was depleted, all thanks to the manhunt they had all gone on in the afternoon.

“You are the one to say?” Jimin poked him in the ribs, “Your boyfriend is literally competing there with all the women.”

And much to his horror, Taehyung and Minah were actually engaged in a small wrestling fight of their own, fighting for the perfect place.

“I will stand here” Minah put her foot down.

“I calculated the damn trajectory considering the velocity with which she will throw that bouquet. So no, I will stand here and you can off to wherever you came from” Taehyung sassed back.

“You ….”

Hoseok sighed from beside them. “I just hope that Minah catches it. Otherwise I’ll have to endure that whole sob story throughout the night when we could do anything more productive.”

“I feel for you man” Jimin patted on his back sympathetically.

“Okay ready?” Jinah called out. She smiled brightly at her husband who simply kissed her on her cheek, her cute dimples showing up at the enthusiastic cheer.

Namjoon was absent-mindedly walking towards the round table congregation of men who were dazedly watching the spectacle before them. He had danced too much for his own liking and was now nursing an ice pack on his wrist which he somehow happened to bruise (Don’t ask him how, seriously he won’t know. He’s Namjoon. God of destruction. Period.)

In the end, it was all worth it because Jimin had laughed more and seemed to enjoy the night. They had a very long conversation about each other and if he was reading the signs correctly, his luck just might shine.

“One, two, three…….”  And the bouquet flew in the air.

Suddenly, Namjoon’s ice pack slipped off his hand because of course, Namjoon. He lowly cursed and bend down to pick it up…

“Watch out” he heard Jimin’s voice. He looked above him…...

In a split second, he stood up and instead of an ice pack in his hands, he now had…. A bouquet. To be specific, Jinah’s bouquet.

Behind him, he heard the grumbles of the clearly hyped up men and women. Taehyung looked at him with a dumbstruck expression while Minah shoved him from behind. “Why did you catch it dumbo?” she grumbled.

He turned to look back at the table where Jungkook and Hoseok had stood up, clearly pained because of Namjoon. “Why did you catch it dumbo?” Hoseok said in a resigned note, clearly done with the day, preparing himself for the hurricane called a “Disgruntled Minah.”

Only then did Namjoon realize what had happened. And suddenly, he heard Jimin giggling, his whole form shaking hard. Soon after, everyone else followed (except for the four people in question) and Namjoon wished the earth would just open up and swallow him whole. He buried his face into the roses, his face growing as pink as them…...

Why did such things always happen to him?

 

 

“You were too cute” Jimin would tell him later when they were going out of the venue, “Wanna hit a bar before we call it a day?”

The way Jimin looked at him held the promise of something more. Seemingly, not all accidents were as bad as they sound.

Well…… if things were to go well (even though at his cost), who was he to refuse it?

 


A/N: Yes, this is goodbye...... 6.5k+ long. Hope you like it. Actually, I hope this story was worth your time and you could laugh, cry or just enjoy it in your spare time. I would consider it a job well done....

Some of you were concerned about Jimin.... Well, what do you think now? Let me know in the comments below...

See you with my previous stories and some new ones too! (I know I haven't updated bulletproof since ages....!).

As usual, comments/ subscribes/ upvotes are much appreciated! :-D

Good luck to you all and have a nice day/night/whatever!  ;-)