Chapter 1

Give me your hand and save me

~ Love is a lie. Don't tell me. Don't tell me bye. ~

 

Run. I wanted to run safely into your warm arms but instead I’m now running in the rain away from you. 

Why did you have to do this to me?

Why?

She thought as her foot went into a puddle of water.

This was what youth tastes like. Pain. Hurt. Love. If this is what being a youth means, I just want to grow up. –she thought.

She thought about the events that she just saw.

Her boyfriend of 8 years lay under the girl whom she called her best friend. Scratch that, her ex-best friend.

She ran and realized she was at a bridge that separated the train station and his house. 

Her foot stops and she turns to look down to the waters. Rain running down her face, she was a mess.

“Jimin you pabo. I shouldn’t even be crying over you. You are not worth crying for” she whispered.

But she knew. He was. He was worth crying over. He was her everything. His eyes that crinked when he smiled or his arms that never matched his baby face that wrapped her body on cold days like this. The way his lips felt when they had their first kiss, and how their body felt like one under the sheets. She gave him her everything, how did she end up like this?

Flashes of anniversaries, birthdays and dates went through her mind.

‘He probably had his reasons. I probably wasn’t worth it.’ she thought. It was true.

Recently she was busy with school and work to barely even have time to meet him let alone sleep.

‘Maybe I deserved this.’ –she thought. It wasn’t bad enough that she was struggling with her school while juggling her work as an admin that she was stressed up.

‘I have nothing to live for anymore’ she thought as her phone vibrated in her pocket. She scooped it up from her pocket and saw the baby faced fool she was in love with.

‘I have nothing to live for’ she ascertained herself and she dropped her phone next to her as she pulled herself up the ledge of the bridge.

The ledge was slippery and she knew what it would eventually lead her to.