Revelations: 1

Like Magic

Revelations: 1


     "Baekhyun?" Jieun asked, surprised.

     Baekhyun panted lightly as he smiled at Jieun so innocently that Jieun couldn't help but laugh. He looked like a little puppy that was so happy to have found its owner in the rain. Jieun scanned him up and down and stared at his black Adidas tracksuit and then at his slippers that revealed his white toes soaked by the rainwater that he stepped in.

"Sorry," he scratched his head. "I took too long right?"

"What are you doing here?" Jieun chuckled. 

"I came to get you off course," Baekhyun smiled. "It's pouring out." 

"But Kyungsoo-"

"Kyungsoo's busy," he interrupted. "Let's go, it's cold."

     Jieun nodded awkwardly and joined Baekhyun under the umbrella, the two of them walking out of the school premises. Silence filled under the umbrella as the two walked, quietly listening to the raindrops pattering against the umbrella. It was funny; now that she thought of it, Jieun had never actually had proper time with Baekhyun before.

"I don't think we've ever been alone like this before," Jieun said, awkwardly scratching her head. 

"Right?" Baekhyun chuckled awkwardly. There was a deafening silence that wrapped over them, and neither of them knew what to do.

    "Jieun," Baekhyun gasped as he grabbed Jieun's arm and pulled her towards him, glaring at the bike that sped right past them, splashing water on them. Jieun stared at Baekhyun as he looked back at her and awkwardly coughed, releasing her gently. Jieun stared at the side of his shirt and saw it drenched from the water that the biker splashed.

"T..thank you," Jieun stuttered. "Your arm is wet."

"Oh," he laughed awkwardly. "Don't worry about it."

"You're going to get a cold," Jieun bit her lips, feeling bad. 

"I'm super strong," he said lightly. "I've never gotten sick before." 

     "I'll wash this for you when we get home," Jieun said as she tried to pat some of the water off his arm. Baekhyun watched as she stood in front of him, patting the rainwater off his arm with her petite hands. Both under the same small umbrella, Baekhyun felt his heart pounding so loud that he was afraid that Jieun would hear it if she got any closer.

"Are you okay?" Jieun asked as she looked up at his face. "Your face is really red. Are you cold?"

     Baekhyun skipped a breath as Jieun felt Baekhyun's forehead with her hands and he felt her warm pulse on his skin.

"I'm fine," Baekhyun stepped back a little. "It's getting dark, we should go now."

"Are you really okay?" Jieun asked, staring into his eyes.

"I'm fine really," Baekhyun murmured, avoiding eye contact. 

Baekhyun felt his face burning quietly as Jieun's eyes were on him. 

     Baekhyun and Jieun walked under the same umbrella, Baekhyun's shoulders wet from pushing the umbrella toward Jieun's side.

--

    Kyungsoo watched from the sofa as Jieun and Baekhyun walked in, chattering. 

"Hey Kyungsoo," Jieun smiled as she took her shoes off. "What's this umbrella?" Jieun stared at the black umbrella leaning next to the door. 

"I bought it," Kyungsoo said. "Had some business to tend to." 

"Oh, ok." Jieun forced a grin and walked into her room. 

     Kyungsoo stared at Baekhyun as he took his shoes off. Kyungsoo noticed his right shoulder and arm were wet and his hands put down the yellow umbrella that he used to pick up Jieun yesterday. 

"I could have gone," Kyungsoo said monotonously.

"I know," Baekhyun shrugged. "But I just wanted to."

"Why're you so drenched?" Bakehyun asked, scanning him up and down. 

     "It's nothing," Baekhyun smiled and walked up to the room. Kyungsoo stared at Baekhyun, his eyes focused on Baekhyun's wet shoulder. The warmth in the air was different between Baekhyun and Kyungsoo; it was cold. 

     Kyungsoo leaned his head back on the sofa and closed his eyes, sighing. 

-Earlier-

      Kyungsoo zipped his black windbreaker jacket up and pulled the hoodie over his head. 

The yellow umbrella he used wasn't there today.

     He ran into the convenience store near Jieun's house and bought a black umbrella, opening it. The rain had gotten heavier than before and it looked like thunder would be coming soon. As Kyungsoo was about to leave, he saw a small handwarmer on the display table next to the door. He thought for a moment and grabbed one, walking back inside to pay for it. 

     Kyungsoo read the instructions as he rushed over Jieun's school; he was running a few minutes late. 

Kyungsoo shook the handwarmer to heat it and smiled as he reached the gate of the school, suddenly stopping.

    Kyungsoo watched as Baekhyun walked up to Jieun in front of the school building and stood in front of her, the yellow umbrella in his hands. 

     He watched as Baekhyun smiled and let Jieun under the umbrella, tilting the umbrella towards Jieun. 

     Kyungsoo rushed behind the gate and watched as Jieun and Baekhyun walked out of the school gate, watching as Baekhyun tilt the umbrella completely towards Jieun and letting his shoulders get wet.

     Kyungsoo stared as the two walked back home, gently squeezing the handwarmer in his hands. 

-end-

     "How did you get home not wet?" Suzy asked as she stared at Jieun.

"Baekhyun came to get me," Jieun said with a chuckle. "I was really surprised."

"Baekhyun?" Suzy blurted, shocked.

"Yeah," she nodded. "Why?"

"That loafer went to get you?" 

"What?" Jieun laughed at the name she called him. 

"He's a lazy bum," Suzy shook her head. "He never does anything for anyone like that."

"Really?" she said as she hung up her blazer. "He seems far from being a lazy person."

"He probably has a crush on you or something," Suzy said as she lied on Jieun's bed. 

"Baekhyun?" Jieun said disbelievingly. "He's just being kind because he's thankful to me."

"Baekhyun's all talk," Suzy muttered. "He never shows it even if he's thankful, he just says it. The way he went out to get you and everything, I'm sure."

"Whatever," Jieun laughed. "I doubt it."

Suzy shrugged and gave a funny smirk. 

 

     "Can I come in?" Jieun quietly knocked on the boys' room and peeked through the gap. Kyungsoo stumbled to the door, hopping on one leg. His broken leg seemed to be pestering him even more. Kyungsoo opened the door with his normal arm and with his big surprised eyes, let Jieun in. The floor was strewn with clothes and there were books all over the couch with shoes dangling over them. On the corner of the room were the broomsticks leaning, which made Jieun grin.

     "What brings you here?" Kyungsoo asked, trying to clean up the room with his one arm. 

"I was just uh-" Jieun said as stared at Kyungsoo struggling with his broken limbs. "looking for Baekhyun- hey don't worry about cleaning the room."

"Oh," Kyungsoo scratched his head. "Baekhyun?"

"His shirt got wet when he came to get me and I promised to wash it for him." 

     "He's.. right there," Kyungsoo grinned bitterly and pointed to the door. Baekhyun walked into the door with a thin towel around his waist, revealing his chocolate abs and white skin that was dripping with water. He had a small towel over his wet hair as he walked into the room and flinched a little at seeing Jieun in the room.

"Hey Jieun," Baekhyun said with a smile. "You scared me."

"Y..eah I was just-" Jieun stuttered, surprised. "I wanted to wash your wet shirt for you."

"Oh really?" Baekhyun smiled as he threw the towel off his hair and slipped on a shirt. "thanks so much, here." 

     Jieun held the wet shirt, a little shook. Baekhyun had such a baby face with a dependent personality and to see him in a completely different light had her hazed in the head. Jieun watched as Baekhyun sneezed now and then, sniffling. 

     Jieun walked out of the room, placed the shirt in the dryer, and searched for cold medicine in the cabinet. The image of Baekhyun shirtless was lingering in her head and she had to snap herself out of it every often. 

    Jieun grabbed the box of medicine with the clean shirt and slowly crept towards the guys' room. There was no sound in the room, so she assumed that they were all sleeping. She silently crept into the room and saw Jisoo sleeping on the couch, while Kyungsoo and Baekhyun slept on the floor with their blanket on the other side of the floor. 

    Jieun placed Baekhyun's shirt and medicine by his side and grabbed the blanket, placing it soundly over Kyungsoo and Baekhyun. The moonlight from the transparent ceiling shone against both their faces. Jieun crouched down in front of Kyungsoo and glanced at his face, mesmerized. His milky skin looked even more smoother in the moonlight, and his sleeping face looked like that of a baby angel. 

"It feels like a dream," Jieun whispered as she looked at him. "You being here." 

     Jieun flinched as Kyungsoo suddenly tossed in his sleep and began talking in his sleep. Jieun gulped as Kyungsoo looked terrified in his sleep and began muttering some things under his breath, desperately gasping for breath. Beads of sweat formed against his forehead as his groans grew louder, and he tossed and turned even harder. 

     "Kyungsoo," Jieun blurted, grabbing his hand. "What do I do?"

     "HOLD ONTO THE BROOMSTICK JIEUN," he blurted and rose from his spot, sweat dripping down his forehead. He panted before touching around his neck for sweat and breathed out, turning his neck. He flinched silently when he saw Jieun crouching behind him, looking concerned.

"Why are you here?" Kyungsoo snapped, shifting away from Jieun. 

"Are you alright?" she asked, trying to get closer. "Did you have a nightmare? I-"

     "Don't come closer-" Kyungsoo stopped her and forced himself against the sofa. He groaned at the pain of stepping over his own arm and wiped the sweat off his forehead with a disgruntled face. 

"What you said in your dream," Jieun said quietly, keeping her distance. 

"What?" Kyungsoo said, trying to regain his senses. 

"You said hold onto the broomstick," she said. "Then you called my name." 

"What-" Kyungsoo paused at the look in Jieun's eyes. "What?" 

"What's this dream you have every night Kyungsoo?" Jieun asked. "Tell me."

"No," he shook off. "It's just nightmares."

"I don't think so," 

"What?"

"The thing that you dream every night, I dream it too." 

"What are you going on about Jieun?" 

"In your dream, wasn't I behind you on your broomstick? W..weren't we flying together? Didn't you suddenly get mad at me-"

     Kyungsoo threw himself on Jieun and covered silently. He forced himself up and grabbed Jieun by the wrist, pulling her out of the room. Kyungsoo was feeling chills in his body; he was scared but this had to mean something important. 

 

With the sound of the door closing, Baekhyun opened his eyes.


     Hello~

I updated in a very long time :D I just got accepted to Grad school and graduated from College so I have a lot of time on my hands now. But I'm bummed that Jisoo has a bullying scandal, I don't even know if I should use him in this story anymore ahhh