Prologue

Altar or the Highway?

The sun shone bright and warm, the birds chirped in the lawns that was bustling with activity. Each corner boasted of flowers in various shades of white and pink, while women and men smartly clad in expensive jewels were sharing a glass of wine each paired with rauceous laughter.

Nobody was aware of the thunderstorm the bride was being hurled in.

Slowly the wedding planner started showing them in.

There was a wedding today.

 

~.~

 

The door raised tall, and behind the doors stood the man I was to marry. It was normal for brides to get wedding jitters before their wedding. However, my wedding jitters began the moment I found out my father had fixed my marriage with a stranger.

 Was  I your definition of a glowing bride?

Glowering is more appropriate

Was I thrilled?

Of course. Not.

 I have never seen the guy before other than pictures once I stalked his Facebook and Instagram that very day.

Was he cute?

 Hot to be exact.

 Did I fall in love with him?

 Not a single bit.

 Do I still want to marry the stranger and learn new things about him, probably falling in love with him later on?

 Oh hell no! This isn't some cliche love story.

 

Then why am I standing in front of the door that will decide my fate?

 All dressed up and ready to be married to a stranger while pretending to be okay with all of these?

 I don't know. I really don't know.

 

The truth is, I have never gone against my  family about anything. Though, marrying a total stranger and devoting eternity to him is not my cup of tea.

 

All these time I let myself believe that my father would at least allow me to choose my own life partner, yet here he is, choosing for me as if I am still a toddler who can't make any right decisions. I mean sure I am always confused whether to get Matcha or Cookie Dough ice cream but this isn't the ice cream parlor- It’s an altar!!

 

"I can't do this" I mumbled under my breath. My sister in law took my hand giving me a reassuring squeeze.

 

I shook my head in denial. "Unnie please, can you and oppa think this over? Can't you pursuade Appa? Don't you think I'm too young or anything, maybe -" I kept rambling until Victoria cut through my nervous ramble.

 

"Okay, calm down," she placed her hands over my shoulders, "Why are you so nervous? Kyuhun is handsome, rich and has certain fondness for you. You’ll be absolutely fine with him” 

She sounded like one of those chaebol ahjummas my friend Tiffany always makes fun of.

 

"Still I can't do this," I really can't.

 

"Stop being stubborn Seohyun, and let's go!" she straightened my veil and held the door open.

 

I shook my head once again, "No! Not anymore..."

 

 With that I slowly back away from her, the church, and everything before me. I have always been that good girl, always doing the right thing. And frankly running away from my own wedding front of my sister in law seemed like the right thing to do. For God's sake, I'm only 21.

 

The noises coming from the church began to fade away as I ran far away from it and the stranger who was ready to marry another stranger. I stopped running once I realized I was on the side of a highway. I had no clue how I got there but I was lucky because there wasn't many cars on the road. The side opposite of where I was standing was filled with darkness and huge trees.

 

Maybe if I cross over to the other side of the road they will lose me, I thought.

 

Gripping tightly onto my heavy wedding dress, pulling it up a little, I begin to chase freedom that waited for me on the other side of the road. Suddenly I saw a light causing me to stop and just stare at it. I was glued to my stance, couldn't move even if I wanted to.

 

You're a goner Seohyun!

 

The light dimmed a little, and the engine stopped whirring and a figure came out. I couldn't make out who or what it was since it stood behind the lights.

 

"What the hell do you think you're doing?"  an angry male voice  "If you wish to die that bad, find another car!"

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Hello Hello Hello

So I saw an Italian movie last week which had a similar plot and serves as an inspiration for this story. I haven't decided whether I'll keep this short or a long fic, but I wrote this prologue and wanted to post it as soon as possible.

This is again going to be a romantic comedy (atleast I'm hoping :P)

In other news, I have graduated from Law school and going for masters in criminology :P

Also I'm trying to get back to writing so give me some time to update all the pending ones :)

Do comment, subscribe and upvote!!