Final

It's Cheesy I Know

“She’s so pretty. You too look good together.”

 

“We’re just friends Fany-ah, I don’t like her that way.”

 

“I bet you’ve fallen for her already. Do you already love her?”

 

“Love? Wait what?!”

 

“You should really go for it, I bet she would make a terrific girlfriend.”

 

“She wouldn’t.”

 

Taeyeon moved closer and grabbed her by the shoulders, tiffany held her breath.

 

God, she’s so close. Wait, why is she this close? No don’t blush!  

 

“S-she wouldn’t?”

 

“She wouldn’t.” Taeyeon said firmly. “Not even half as terrific as someone my heart beats for.”

 

So there is someone she likes.

 

She moved away from Taeyeon.

 

“I think I should go ahead, it’s getting late.”

 

“I’ll walk you.”

 

“No you don’t have to, I can manage, besides its not far.”

 

She started walking not waiting to hear Taeyeon’s reply.

 

Go for it Taeng, stop being a coward and tell her how you feel.

 

Taeyeon walked faster and kept up with her.

 

“Fany-ah do you like Shakespeare?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Do you like Shakespeare?”

 

“Well yes, why do you ask?”

 

“I didn’t like him, only now that I can relate to those lines I always thought cheesy did I begin to read more of his work, I ended up liking him.”

 

. . . .  

 

“All thanks to the person I like.”

 

. . . .

 

“Fany-ah . . .” She gently held Tiffany’s hands.

 

. . . .

 

This is too painful. Knowing for sure that she likes somebody, I can’t even talk. She must think I’m an idiot! Don’t move too close you dork. My heart, it’s supposed to be broken, but having her so near, it’s still beating so fast…

 

“How can I grow to love the moon? After having seen the sun.”

 

“Huh?” Go on you stupid mouth, make a fool of me!

 

“I mean I-I.. I don’t like Jessica. She’s a great girl, undeniably pretty too. But I’m not the least attracted to her, at least not in the way you think. But I do like someone, scratch that, I love someone Fany-ah.”

 

She pulled her hands out of Taeyeon’s gentle hold.

 

“Why are you telling me?” Don’t you realize how my heart breaks right now?

 

“Well my love wouldn’t be fulfilled if I can’t even try getting over being a coward. Our love story. . .  if I’m lucky enough to have one, with you. I think it should start with a romantic confession. That’s why I tried to infuse Shakespeare, really dumb I know, b-but you know, him being a classic and all, I just thought it would be like those movies you like so much—“

 

She pulled Taeyeon by the collar and kissed her, the stunned girl responded after a few moments and a first kiss meant to be short and sweet became deep and god knows how much sweeter than intended. They pulled away at the same time and rested their foreheads against each other, both with shy smiles on their flushed faces.

 

“You talk too much”

 

Tiffany said, cheeks becoming redder.

 

“Fany-ah~ please be my girlfriend?”

 

“Only if you’ll be mine too Taetae…”

 

Taeyeon ended up walking her girlfriend Tiffany home.

 

 

-end-

 

 

:)