2/2

reaction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sana bends to set down the last box carefully next to the other equipment, unwilling to be responsible for the fragile burettes packed in there.

 

“Hey Jungyeon, is this it?”

 

Jungyeon gives her the thumbs up. “Yep! I took care of the pipettes already. Thanks Sana!”

 

Sana feels something behind her, and quickly jolts up. Smack. Too late.

 

“YAHHH!!”

 

Jungyeon snorts-laughs and Nayeon gives her a high five. Sana contemplates her life decisions a little more.

 

Sana sniffs a little indignantly, then decides that she’s going to ignore her friends. As she washes her hand in the lab sink, she senses Jungyeon behing her again. Sana sends a death glare, but Jungyeon’s unfazed as usual.

 

“So, I think Nayeon told you already. A freshman transferred to our lab session, so we decided it’s better for you to partner up with her. Nayeon won’t work with you anymore, but will be helping me.”

 

“Please,” Sana snorts. “You just want to spend more time with your girlfriend.”

 

“Not true!” Jungyeon turns a little red, but they all know.

 

It’s the beginning of a new hour, and students start to file in. Sana goes to review her lab manual, when Jungyeon calls her name.

 

“Sana, this is the new student.” Jungyeon leads someone, whose face is covered by her hair, to her lab table, and Sana blinks from the sense of deja vu.

 

“This is Tzuyu. She’s a freshman, so make sure to take care of her.”

 

Sana reaches her hand out for a handshake out of instinct. When you’ve had to introduce yourself to too many people in college, you get used to it.

 

The girl - Tzuyu - finally looks up with a small smile, and Sana suddenly forgets how words are formed. All she wants to do is gaze into those big doe eyes, rub her palm against those pink cheeks, run her thumb along Tzuyu’s rosy lips, sweep her fingers through Tzuyu’s long dark hair. She wonders how she’s lived for so long to be deprived of seeing such a beauty.

 

But when Tzuyu takes her hand to return the handshake, Sana doesn’t remember what she was even thinking of.

 

This time, it’s from the tips of her fingers, the ones tenderly held by Tzuyu’s hand. The warm tingles flow through like a current, and Sana would have seen all of the hair on her arms raised from the goosebumps if she looked.  

 

Sana knows Tzuyu feels it too, sees the already large eyes widen slightly, her lips parting a little more.

 

“Hello, are you Sana?” Tzuyu breaks the silence between them first, speaking with a soft low voice, and Sana feels as if she’s been hit with a bag of clouds. If this is how it feels to hear her talk, Sana’s willing to get smacked as many times as needed. She’s doesn’t know if this is what honey sounds like, but she could find out if she has a chance to kiss Tzuyu. While at it, maybe even kiss her a little senselessly

 

“Yah, kids, sit down,” Jungyeon interrupts them, and they finally break eye contact and let go of each other. Meekly, Tzuyu takes a quick sit across from Sana, but Sana wishes she was by her side.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter