1/2

reaction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There’s a lot of speculation over how someone will know when she’s met her soulmate, or if she will even actually meet her soulmate. Some say that it’s as if you’ve been electrocuted; or that you’ll feel as if you’re floating on clouds, the euphoria undescribable. Others say they just know. Sana’s not a skeptic, but she does think the experience is too exaggerated. She’s happy for Nayeon and Jungyeon, Mina and Chaeyoung, and all her friends who’ve met their soulmates, but after three unsatisfactory relationships, her excitement has drastically decreased.

 

She thought Jihyo was the one when she dated her in high school, and then she thought Momo would be it after that. Now she’s in junior year of college, and after a mutual break up with Mina last year, it’s time for a break. Of course, she’s glad for Mina, because she can’t deny Chaeyoung seems to make Mina happy in all the ways she couldn’t during their relationship, not even during their “honeymoon” phase the first month.

 

When she's feeling crappy and likes to make herself feel even crappier, she wanders down into the dark side of her mind. Maybe she doesn’t have a soulmate. Maybe her soulmate died already and she’ll never know...

 

She’s decided: school first, then love. Finishing up pre-med is the biggest priority right now, especially if she wants to be a neurologist. Though with how late she’s running this morning, Sana wonders if she should contemplate a little longer on her life decisions.

 

“Dahyun that little , turning off my alarm clock on purpose,” Sana grumbles, struggling to pull on her blouse with her granola bar in between her teeth. After almost ripping apart her short while putting it on, Sana finally rushes out of the room.

 

Luck’s not her side - she misses the bus too by mere seconds, the driver gleefully feeding off of her misery as he pulls away, knowing fully well that Sana’s chasing after the bus.

 

“Ah, it,” she groans, picking herself up to tread tiredly to class. Sana’s not one to curse (all the adults tell her her voice is too sweet for dirty words to come out of it) but hanging around Chaeyoung and Jungyeon has influenced her.

 

Being the good student she is, Sana still tries to make it to class, though lecture’s been in session for half an hour now and Nayeon is already taking notes for her. She sighs, still a good three minutes away from the Plant & Biology building. Why do neurology students have to take a class on plants anyways, Nayeon had complained a few nights ago as they were finishing up their model.  

 

“Do plants even have brains?” Nayeon contemplated.

 

“I don’t know,” Sana replied monotonously, too tired to care.

 

“If they had brains, then would they have feelings?”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“And then does that mean plants, too, have soulmates?”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“Do you think plants and humans can be soulmates? Like the Japanese guy who married his lifesize pillow of the anime character. I wonder if that can count as his soulmate.”

 

Sana just ignored her after that.

 

She groans internally, hates that she’s always reminded her of her soulmate-less life. If her life is going to taunt her, then it might as well just never give her a soulmate. It’s not like she can tell the difference anyways-

 

Sana stumbles backward, before tripping over a rock that was definitely not there before, and lands squarely on her bum. A dull pain throbs from her left shoulder where the other person bumped into her. Spiteful at how cruel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter