Chapter 3: Handy man to the rescue

Next-door Nitwit

 

"nae?" said the voice from beind.

I turn around and see this tall man with black hair and round glasses. 

"oh! ahn yeong ha sae yo. My name is Ah-yeoung. I live across from you." I say in Korean . 

"Nice to meet you..didnt expect a somebody to move into that old house...anyways! I'm Min-Jae. Nice to meet you" 

We shake hands and I gift him the fruit basket. 

I return back to my house and think...

"Old house..? I guessed no one lived in here for while." 

...

Its the next day (9:30am)  and already the washroom lights are dead and the kitchen sink isnt working. 

"wtf" i think 

I call Joshua to ask for help and he gives me a number to call to get things fixed. 

...ring..ring

"Hello, you have reached ___, sorry we are not able to get to you. We are on holiday for the next three days. We apologize for the inconvienince. Thank you and hope to see you again" says from the other line. 

"WHAT THE HONEST EFF? YOUR JOB IS TO FIX PEOPLE'S HOMES NOT GO ON A HOLIDAY. WHAT IF SOMEONES HOUSE BROKE DOWN AND THEY HAVE NO WHERE TO STAY BECAUSE OF YOU LAZY PEOPLE!" I scream at the phone. 

Well okay I have to do this by myself. I grab a chair and buy some bulbs from the 7/11 nearby. 

Sigh. 

I step up on the chair and try to change the bulbs. But from the morning shower I took, the floor was really wet. And plus Im too short to reach, it was no help. I was wobbling and slipping. 

I was probs gonna break my head and back if I dont get help. 

Ding dong..I ring Min-Jae's house bell. 

Minutes later an unfamiliar guy opens the door. 

He has a dark brown hair, messy af. He's wearing a mask and looks at me with squinting eyes. I guess he just woke up. 

"Oh. sorry looks like Min-Jae lived with other people...I'll come back later...>.>" I say awkwardly. 

"? Hi..? Min-Jae? you know our hyung?" The guy says 

"Yea I met him yesterday. Are you his brother?"

"No. He's our manager..who are you??" 

"Sorry! I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Ah-yeong. I live across from you. And you are..?" 

"I'm Jungkook. Nice to meet you...WAIT are you some crazy fan??" He says with shock and closes the door half way to hide himself. 

"Fan? excuse me? Wh--? " 

"oh. sorry. nevermind. anyways what do you need." He says cautiously. 

-I explain what happed earlier. -

"Hm. Its kinda early...but i'll look over your house for you. Just give me a minute to get changed. Ill be there so go first" He says

"Thank you so much!!" 

Minutes pass and Im in my house thinking about what he said earlier..

"Fan? Our manager..?? what is this guy...some mukbang star? omg thats so cool." 

Knock knock..

I open the door and Jungkook is standing infront of my door with a hood and mask on. He walks in and immediately shuts the door as if hes running away frome someone.

"Woah, are you okay? " I ask

"yea I just ..yea. -Okay so what lights are broken?"

I lead him to the washroom and give him all the tools, chair, and bulb. 

"want me to hold onto your jacket and mask while youre up there?" 

"nono its fine . Ill keep it on." 

In like 10 minutes the lights are fixed and I thank him. 

"Anything thing else? "

"uh my sink is broken but Im not sure if you could fix that or not." 

"yea Im not a handy-man ...so "

"Would you like anything to drink before you go?" 

"nono. I should get going. Bye" He says and runs out the door. 

The moment he opens the door Min-jae is opening the door to his house. 

Min-jae and Jungkook are frozen and looking at eachother in shock. 

"Jungkook.?" says Min-jae