two

si vis amari ama

; 0 2

 


 

song minho adore challenges—preferably, beautiful ones—and he needs one to keep himself entertained. not that kind of entertainment of course, but the one that keep making his brain working. approaching things with muscle was not his style and he like to keep it that way.

 

he turned the steering wheel 180 degrees sharp. definitely bringing himself  further from his condo. home? more like an empty room he did not favor. going home was just a phrase, he feel more isolated inside. he didn't have anyone to share, the big condominium located at the very own heart of seoul is all for himself. he used to have one person to share everything with, a permanent one. but since nights he doesn't remember–and he won't, he's alone.

 

the car ride was not long when your speedometer shows you're running almost 80 kilometer per hour. cold air greeted him as he stepped out from the car and throw his car key to the valet service afterwards. when alcoholic beverages smell smack his face, his lips somehow managed to curve a little. this basement cocktail bar is his favorite mainly because it looks like it could have been in a scene from a ‘90s hollywood movie. with large leather couches and mirrors on the ceiling, the décor and dim lighting is impeccably cinematic. ​

 

he sat on the bar stool and he never seen the bartender looking this shocked before, "song minho?"

 

mino tilted his head to see him right on his face. then not too long after that a grin spread over his face, showing his white teeth and that meant something very bad–or good depending on one's perspective– will happen. he clicked his tongue, "give me some liquor, i want to get drunk–" while the twenty five years old man raised his hand to stop mino from blabbering, "you haven't visited this bar since approximately, last three years."

 

"–today and please don't stop me. or cutting my sentence because i damn hate it jung."

 

jung taekwoon cast a skeptical stare, "still lack of manner huh? you have a big image to maintain, song." he said while he poured the amber liquid to a glass-like cubes. taekwoon pushed it to mino, as he did not approve this drinking habit that slowly came back. mino noticed and he patted the older man's shoulder, "just for one night, i promise. there's so much work i handled this past two weeks and god, i swear, i'm lucky i'm still in one piece and not doing self destruct."

 

taekwoon stopped at his place and let himself analyze the man in front of him. he stared at his glass almost lifeless, his well groomed usual self is gone with the thin air tonight. he swirled the whiskey in his glass, listening to the chinking of the ice cubes​. his brain couldn't wait for the fuzz of intoxication to begin, evident on the way he drank it faster than how he drank soda. 

 

"what the hell happened to you?"

 

"i just happen to realize how lonely and empty i am," his eyes were never still and he never looked at taekwoon except passing briefly,​ "despite how many cash stocked at my bank account, or what i ride and wear, everything is tasteless when i don't have anyone to share everything. what and who am i fighting for?" taekwoon was standing still, not able to utter any word to console him. he can't offer anything but his silent gesture, pouring more whiskey. at least now, alcohol is the only thing mino could hold into. mino quit drinking since two years ago and taekwoon is the first person to congrulate him, even when it means he lost one of his favorite customer. 

 

and taekwoon know exactly what happen when song minho is drunk. he's not loud, but on the contrary, he'll be quiet. when he get drunker, he starts to be more talkative, unfiltered thoughts escaping from his lips as the alcoholic drinks keep coming in front of him. now he's slurring incoherent sentences. taekwoon still remember jnki's number, he drank quite frequently before and he's contemplating whether to make a call or not. mino sudden tap on his shoulder make his heart jump a little, "cigarettes ran out, whiskey ran dry, and she left me. i just realize that horrible thing happen to me."

 

 

mino resembles a stray cat with diamond collar attached to its neck, he seems lost and desperate. suddenly he pulled out his leather wallet. for a moment taekwoon thought he'll pull out a few cash to pay for his drinks, but no. to his own surprise, what he sees is a white name card gripped not so tightly between his forefinger and thumb, afraid he might break the thin material, "but after storms, i deserve a little rays of sunshine right hyung?" taekwoon only stares at the drunk man, "but she obviously thinks this man," he pointed at himself, "is a mistake to began with. but i love her soul and–" which 'she' he talked about? taekwoon peeked a little but the only thing he saw was 'irene' and nothing else. whoever this irene, she's not her.

 

"the song minho i knew wont let thing like that keeping himself from achieving what he wants," mino fixed his gaze to taekwoon who's already staring back at him, after a moment he wet back to his glass and drink the rest of it in one gulp, "that's right, i get what i want the way i want it, precisely." taekwoon shot him his half smile and he looked pleased with the previous statement, mino mirrored it then he continued, "jinki hyung, he's at manila. if something happens to me, call jackson instead." he take a few tissues and write line of numbers with his pen. afterwards, he drank more and more, but now slowly, savoring the taste.

 

it's not too long before he gradually passed out. he lost focus and all of the sudden he close his eyes with his cheek leaning at the table. taekwoon slowly pulled the tissue from his grip and dials the number. the man has a light voice; a cheery voice, when he tell him everything, he said he'll get there soon and his voice changed to this heavy breathing. it seems like he ran and he forgot to hang up. ten minutes passed and he haven't show up.

 

"mino hyung!"

 

taekwoon raise his head to see where the voice comes. a blonde man with a panicked expression almost ran towards them. he shook mino's lifeless body before he let out a defeated sigh, "thank you, for calling me, i'm jackson wang btw, nice to meet you." taekwoon was astonished by the fact that even in this kind of situation, he still manage to be friendly. jackson extended his arm to shake taekwoon's hand and he gladly took it, "jung taekwoon, back to you too." and now he astonish himself for being so good at this thing, meeting stranger and doesn't feel awkward at all. jackson smiled, "this place is quite cool," he supports mino's body and letting him to circle his arm at his shoulder. jackson stepped out from the bar, slowly with mino to his car. he let mino sat on the front seat, he turned around but he heard someone calling his name so he stopped.

 

"mino left something," 

 

taekwoon's fringe is all over the place indicating he ran seriously hard. he gave him a white name card. jackson raised his brows, "is this hyung's?" the latter nodded while jackson took the name card. takwoon was about to go when all of the sudden he turned his back, "mino might need it. wait, let me rephrase, he really need it. please help him."

 

"of course, thanks a lot." jackson bid him a goodbye and polite smile to send taekwoon off. he started the car engine. glancing at the half dead man next to him. mino is the type of person who always listened without judgement. he look in the eye and give him advice like the brother he never had. he never mocked unless he needed a good kick up the . a true friend, one of a kind. it's unusual for him to make such problem, especially getting in touch with alcohol again, something must've happened.

 

he picked his phone to dials a number, only to be greeted by a monotone voice, indicating the number is no longer active.

 

he tries again, and the same monotone voice greeted his left ear. he's tired and pretty angry now, so he dials another number. the one who will always picking up his phonecalls.

 

"hello? this is jackson wang. sorry to call you this late, but can you do me a favor?"

 

this day can't get any better. no coffee, she's dead tired—note that she only sleeps for four hours before blasting off to work— and probably running late because this heels do not cooperate, neither does her pencil skirt.

 

park chorong is the type of woman who can't stand being this unorganized and lousy. she had this “perfect” scenarios in her head and she can't bear to see herself screwing it. she memorized what should she says in front of potential clients. managing relationship with brands wanting to advertise in the magazine, negotiating the rate to charge are tiring, but somehow she finds pleasure in succeeding a deal. all of her effort never go to waste, like running in frantic manner at a hotel lobby. it seems humiliating in idea but she ought to, or else she will be very late and those clients are not easy to tame.

 

"excuse me!" with her left hand she stopped the elevator door from closing. she stepped in while lowering her head. completely oblivious with the other human being that currently standing at the corner. she punched the number 10 button, while the other person punched the highest floor, number 20. she looked up while waiting, once a while, she even tapped her foot out of nervousness.

 

"i can't believe this, park chorong?"

 

the way he said her name, it was as if he is utterly disgusted. the impact had knocked every wisp of air from her lungs, and she stood still, struggling to inhale, to exhale, to do anything. the voice, his voice is bringing painful memories she could not explain. as she trying to remember how to breathe, she is unable to speak, totally stunned as his name rang around her head. shaking head in disbelief, her brain desperately scrambling to make sense of it all. out of all the people i could meet, why him and why now?

 

"i thought you're still in new york. how are you?" he took steps closer to her. seeing her keep lowering her head in attempt to hide her face with her hair. his patience slowly evaporate when she just stood there, all silent and pretending to be deaf obviously. she had the nerve to ignore his question. his hand make their way to grab her shoulders, he pinned her body against the cold iron wall. he lowered his body so he can keep making eye contact with her, "if someone ask you, you answer them. that's a basic manner. i thought you were learning some while you “ran” away." 

 

"lee seunghoon," she gritted her teeth, anger took her, replacing the fright she had earlier, "don't you dare touch me with those filthy hands!"

 

"ouch, that hurts. well, you used to beg me for a little touch, for pleasure." he lifted his hands, his lip started to pull up in that wicked, devilish smirk, that always made a chill run to the back of  her spine, crazy how she still feel exactly the same like what she felt five years ago.  "once a bastard, always a bastard." she looked up, still at the fifth floor. she cursed deep down. she truly can't deal with this specimen from her past she tries so desperately to forget and all of the sudden reappear in her life. no one can stop lee seunghoon from re-entering her life again if he wanted to. what she fear all this time after she came back will come true.

 

"the elevator is running too slow? i asked my father to keep it this way. my my, it become beneficial for me. we can do this reunion a little bit longer." he clapped his hands, "okay, let's start, i wanna hear from you first." 5 years passed but yet it still feel sinful to look at those pair of eyes, so she stared at his chest instead, "i don't want you nor playing with your games again."

 

the elevator door suddenly opens. chorong is more than happy to walk out but seunghoon is not that happy to hear her answer. he pulled her in before the elevator door closed. trapping her inside with his arms on the wall. he grabbed her face with his right hand, "too bad, you can't beat the rule maker. and i'm in the mood for a game, since he's in town and it seems like he doesn't know you're also here, yet."

 

"you wouldn't dare. you can fool anyone, any girls, but not me. behind this arrogant bastard, you're nothing but a coward."

 

he tightens his grip, making her wince. this is lee seunghoon she knew, he favors violent affection. she still remember how he left scars on her, adoring the way they look beautiful on her skin. he still sincere nonetheless, but gentle is not a word he prefers. "stop acting so gracefully either, you know yourself." he spat those words like it's not a big deal and she, to his surprise nodded approvingly.

 

"i know and i hated myself for what i did—"

 

"—but we were beautiful, sinful but i can't get enough of you." 

 

seunghoon smiled after he said that. a genuine one. while chorong was dumbfounded for some time. his hand surely left a trace on her face. it moved from her shoulder, to her arms and stop at her palm. lifting it and playing with her fingers. he leans in, "you're still as beautiful as the last time i saw you. that's the thing i've been meaning to say."

 

she can't believe she let seunghoon toy her like that.

 

"here's the thing. lust is only a thin replica of love based more in desire and conquest.​ we did not wish whatever we have to last. so please, let's pretend we did not meet and stop doing what we used to do. we're not that young and foolish."

 

there, she said that. he half smile before nodding, "true, but what if it's not lust? and i still like playing, especially with you as a company." as he got closer, she's on full alert. "stop trying to be indifferent. we both know it's one of your game you created for fun." chorong always plays like she got the situation under her control, but when she's in front of seunghoon, everything could turn 180 hundred degrees. he brushes chorong's hair back from her shoulder and moves in so close, "you're too afraid that it might be the “L” word." he moved in for a kiss and she felt the graze of his lips against her neck – a gesture that would have sent her head spinning only made her sick to the very pit of her stomach.​ he knows that once he kisses my neck my resistance will crumble​, i can't believe he uses this ugly trick.  then it just happened. she punched him. twice. first she punched him on the stomach and processing towards his face. she left this ugly wound on his face thanks to her rings but she didn't care. "if you blackmail me, i'll add more to your face."

 

he chuckles, "damn, i forgot you learn hapkido." he caress his face, not showing he's hurting. she punched the nearest floor number, 18. not too long after that the elevator door opens and she walked out without saying anything.

 

"only two more floor to my penthouse," he shook his head when the elevator door closed. seunghoon's knees weaken as he slowly fall to the floor. they were all the stars in the sky condensed into a single point. they were everything and nothing at the same time. together, they were both a beautiful dream and a catastrophic nightmare. 

 

"i can never grasp her presence, and i never will. she was never mine to began with"

 


"so i think we should do this concept for this week's issue."

 

irene put on her glasses and examine what nicole have for her. nicole is an art director, she create the overall design that match the main theme, any artwork and layouts must go through her first before actually going into the magazine. since the meeting stuck at the same place, not making any progress and no one has a fresh idea, anything coming from anyone is accepted. irene smiled while taking off her glasses, "this is actually quite creative. i'll talk with my team to see if we can make something out of this." 

 

the meeting is dismissed after everyone agrees with the concept they're aiming for. now they must work for materials to put on the magazine. another busy weeks before the editor-in-chief reviews them all. irene walked towards chorong desk and feeling disappointed because she's not there, she glance at her wrist watch, "she should be here two hours ago, where the heck is she?" she's gone since morning and this is nearly two in the afternoon.

 

and speaking of that, she haven't ate lunch. 

 

"i'm out for lunch, well late lunch. if someone search for me, tell them i went out meeting myungsoo okay?" she said to howon, one of the writer, also her absolute to go with whenever she need to travel far away because he's dependable. he gave her a salute gesture, "aye aye sir, i want one iced americano." irene laughed, "you need bribery? fine, because i'm a good friend. with less sugar like usual?" after a curt nod and a thumb up from him she leave the office and heading to the parking lot.

 

while she's in front of her car door, suddenly a private number called her. "who is this?" she mutters self-conciously.  if only she could see how her face washed blank with confusion​. after a minute, she decided to pick up the call, "hello?"

 

"wow, finally, your real number." 

 

she heard the voice from her back, not only on her phone. she was too surprised to the extent that she accidentally drop her car key. she know this voice too well. she turned her body 180 degrees only to found him. the corners of his lips fighting a smile, his eyebrows slightly raised​, he had ths mischievous​ look all over his face. he glanced down and all of the sudden he ran towards her, only to snatch her car key.

 

"song minho. hello again, give me my car key." she swiped left to end the phone call, he stopped pressing his phone against his ear as well. he shook his head, "nope, i still owe you something. let's go now." he dragged her by force, before she pulled her arm away, "wait, i still have work like any normal people at my age do. i can't go now."

 

mino sighed and he shook his head, "your boss is out from town, what's keeping you?"

 

"yes, she— how do you know that?"

 

"i have this magic ball and i have powers, lets say i manage to convince her to let me borrow you for a while," he said, half  whispering like it was a big secret. the laugh came from irene like a newly sprung leak - timid at first. she wasn't done yet though, she rolled his eyes upwards and half bit her lip and punched his arm. it wasn't that funny to be honest. mino folded his arms, smiling in amusement. after a while she stopped and she looks at him, "oh no, i look like a freaky old lady now."

 

now it's his turn to laugh. his heavy voice make his laugh somehow unique, "stop it, you look beautiful just like that."

 

irene looked at him and the mischievous expression did not fade so she assume he was only joking. even though she froze for a moment, she managed to curve a smile, "okay, but i'm still not going with you." mino looked at her, full with disappointment, "why? i told you everything is going to be fine. only today, i promise." irene just stood there, biting her bottom lip, avoiding his piercing stare. she's thinking hard about this, considering everyone wants to go out with song minho, and well, she's practically nobody. "is your window heavily tinted?" he raised his brows, taking a glance towards his white sedan, "yes. you see, that's my car—" he pointed at it, "—why?" 

 

twisted in that wry smile again as she looked at him, "but there's two thing before we go." mino returned her smile, taking it as a challenge, "we? okay tell me."

 

"first, i need to go home eleven pm sharp," mino nodded, "easy, if you don't pull some cinderella act." she laughed with him for a moment before mino shushed her, "tell me the second one, so we can go—" he took a brief look on his wrist watch, "—now." irene lifted her fingers, "second, i'm starving. can we eat before we go?" while he's trying so desperate to held his laugh back, "consider that problem settled. i know a good ramen restaurant." 

 

   

"patient number 92"

 

he swore if it wasn't because of junmyeon, he wouldn't even willing to enter this hospital. he actually hated hospitals, avoided doctors since ninth grade, and he hated how hospital smells the same. but he works at a hospital and he's also damn busy so there's literally no other way to meet him. junmyeon was writing something when he first came to his room, "may i know your problem or symptoms?" as he looked up, he widens his eyes to see who's currently standing in front of him.

 

 

 

"seunghoon? what is that ugly bruise on your cheek?" junmyeon rushed to get a first aid box, he commanded him to sit down. while the nurse only looked at them, astonished with how seunghoon dressed in such a formal attire. junmyeon looked at her, "miss park, can you excuse us for a moment?" her eyes were focused on junmyeon again, "oh, of course!" she bowed before she went outside. seunghoon glared at her back before going back to him, "the nurse is quite a hottie." junmyeon grunted, feeling disgusted with what the latter just said, "uh gross, she has a fiancée​!"

 

seunghoon laughed, but it doesn't make the atmosphere become happier, "what problem yourself get into?" junmyeon said as he dabbed his wound with cotton dipped in betadine, "ouch, slowly junmyeon! thank god you're not a surgeon." junmyeon chuckled for a little before he become serious again, "i'm not kidding, i thought you are getting better at not making any problem these days."

 

"i met someone."

 

seunghoon looked at junmyeon who stopped to give him his full attention, "who?"

 

"an old friend i met while you're away."

 


a/n: anyone could guess chorong's past with seunghoon? i'm sorry if this chapter quite boring, the next chapter will be details on mino-irene's little runaway. btw i made a trailer (i'm quite excited this is my first time11!!11!!) you can click this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtqGgiUUAF0 give me some feedback so i can improve! thank you for reading and sorry for the slow update T.T