( 0 1 )

si vis amari ama


 

song minho, on his twenties, his name is already famous as the only inheritor of his father business empire. since he was too little, his parents taught him well about their position, their high class image that very hard to maintain, and the fact that in his hand, he could change everything, with a single snap of his fingers, everything could be in control or the opposite of that. when he grew up a little, he started to understand how influential his father is, once he become rebellious, he can harm the entire family, either his father's stocks, his mother's image in front of public, or both. mino learnt how to suppress his emotion and eventually he mastered the art of acting mature at such a very young age.

 

and he gradually become one of the most influential person as well. mino is very ambitious, once he sets a target, he won't back down until he achieve what he wanted, precisely. one missing detail and he'll call himself a failure, even though jinki always say there will be another chance. mino is also blessed with intelligence and he's very passionate with everything he loved. a perfect combo for a man who's carrying a heavy title like him.

 

"stop working so hard, you're going to get yourself killed with your workaholic symptoms!" jinki whined, sitting in front of his desk, while mino who's analyzing a report chuckles a little. his eyes still glued on papers he's holding and jinki have no other choice but to snatch them from the younger man, "hyung!" mino protested, jinki patted his shoulder, "hey, tell me honestly, did you have a good sleep last night? you only sleep for four hours a day, and based on what i read, that's not healthy." mino can only smile hearing him.

 

mino met lee jinki when he was six years old, jinki himself is a ten years old kid. it didn't took long for them to become friends, mino adore jinki hyung a lot, he's fun and calm. his jokes though, he didn't understand them but still laugh along. to describe jinki perfectly, mino always say he is like a fresh water spring, his kindness is infectious, everyone around him feel safe and mino is one of them. jinki does have the leadership traits in him, but sometimes he is easily fooled because of his kindness. the mature one in the group, by age but not mentality.

 

then not too long after that, through jinki, he met kim junmyeon. the this time isn't that big, only two years apart. junmyeon was not as rigid as he is now, in fact, he was quite a rebel, a cool one. he still remember that junmyeon lends him a lot of toys and even though he broke them so many times, he will never get mad. but as they grow up together, junmyeon changed his personality a lot that once mino felt afraid of the chances of junmyeon having double identity. junmyeon on high school, university, and the latest version of him was very different from one another. mino felt like junmyeon was way too confusing and he decided to let junmyeon forever be a living mystery for him. there are main personalities that he has, he's serious and doesn't like to be underestimated.

 

"hyung, you are not doctor kim junmyeon, stop lecturing me and take a look of yourself. aigoo hyung." mino took back his papers as jinki laughed like there's no tomorrow. he stopped though when his phone vibrates. he fished his phone, swiping right before the loud voice from the other side could be heard by mino, and jinki doesn't even put it on loud speaker mode.

 

"HYUNG! hyung, hyung guess what," a chirpy voice greeted jinki's left ear first. this punk, there's not even a proper greeting? mino thought.

 

"what? tell me, fast!" jinki said, as excited as the caller. he truly can't decide which one is the dumb and which one is the dumber. "hyung, i got us a party invitation at gangnam tonight! the buffet food line up hyung, can't resist that one,"  mino can't help but to scoff. jinki was about to open his mouth when mino took jinki's phone, "yah, jackson wang, you're rich enough to have a full course at pierre gagnaire a seoul! you can fool girls to think you're humble but not me!"mino grins as he heard laughter from jackson, "hyung, your taste is too exquisite for me, beside, i'm there to socialize, who knows, maybe i'll meet someone i want to be with for the rest of my life?"

 

okay, for mino and jackson, they met at the party wang family held, he was fifteen and jackson was fourteen. jackson was an outgoing person—he actually is until now— mino liked his personality, he himself was not too good at throwing jokes and making people laugh, but jackson is superbly nailed that subject. without him, literally the party doesn't start. jackson truly loves what he loves and that's the only common thing they have. fencing is one of many things jackson live his life for, he was an athlete but he stopped when his father asked him to learn business management instead. jackson wang is devoted to his parents and willing to do anything for them.

 

"psh, what are you? a cinderella?"

 

jinki snatched his phone back, "we'll come, tell seunghoon to join too," mino widened his eyes, "what us? no hyung, i'm not coming!" jinki shut him up by continuing, "mino will be there, i guarantee you  that. uh, bye, see you later." he chuckles at himself hearing jackson's excited voice, "see you later hyung!"

 

he glanced at the latter who's all silent and he pinch mino's pouty lips, "c'mon mino, don't be too uptight," mino looked up, "i'm not seunghoon hyung, he's way too carefree and i envy him," jinki sat next to him, "then be carefree like seunghoon does, although i don't like his addiction of partying. be someone who act like your age," jinki smiled, "i don't encourage you to be very reckless like seunghoon, but he's having fun with life."

 

lee seunghoon, jinki's cousin from his father's side. mino met him at music class when he was in high school. he was sixteen, seunghoon was seventeen. seunghoon was probably the one who has the dirtiest private life. likes to party and he's a ladies man. but behind all of that, mino knew he's very sincere, tends to love more than what he could give. loves children so much, sometimes he went to pre-schools and be one of the teacher there for two till three months. has two older sister who already take care the family business. seunghoon likes to keep his appearance in public as minimal as possible, that's why he declined his noona request to take over the family business.

 

mino get up from his seat, startling jinki who sat next to him. mino turned back to his desk, he reach out his phone, dialing someone. jinki raised his brows as mino's eyes looking at him almost teasingly, his killer half smile was there, "hello, mrs.jung, please cancel all my meeting for tonight, i have something important coming up. yes, thank you." jinki replied mino with a pleased smile. 

 

"you will make sure i'm not regretting this, right hyung?"

 


 

the “humble” party jackson told them about turned out to be the opposite of humble, the party is grand. he should've known since the moment he heard the party is located at gangnam, the most common place for a party held by the elite youngsters. even though its totally different from what he used to attend with his family, the luxurious extras can still be seen. familiar faces everywhere. like yoon doojoon, jinki's other best friend, or son dongwoon, junmyeon's college mate.

 

mino and jinki stepped out from jinki's white audi Q5, the valet service rushes to park his car. mino glanced at jinki, "thanks for lending your spare tux and bow tie." he smiled, the latter who's struggling with his wrist watch can barely answers, "seunghoon taught me that bringing your tux along with you is not a crime," mino chuckles, that hyung. 

 

they stepped in and all he can hear is people murmuring about him. in case you didn't notice, song minho is the most wanted bachelor across the country. he's good looking too, add the charisma when he speak. he's way too good to be single. his inner circle have a lot of rumors circulating around them, especially about the “private” love life, including him. jinki and junmyeon have a good reputation overall, it's only about a matter of time before they get engaged to a heir. on the contrary, jackson and seunghoon, it's predictable that bad news involving their name spread quickly. mino? couple of times, but they were only a fictional story, the media was so thirsty about mino's personal life until they became desperate. mino is good when it's about keeping his life stays only around him, family and closest friends.

 

jackson and seunghoon suddenly came out of nowhere, circling their arms around jinki and mino, trying to squeeze in the middle of them, "mino hyung! good to see you without you stressing about how you hate parties like this," jackson nudged jinki on his ribs as jackson whispered something to jinki's ear, "someone is getting laid tonight!" seunghoon added, making the rest except mino laughed their asses off. mino rolled his eyes, very mature guys, "ha. so funny."

 

they walked straight to the bar while laughing in between, exchanging stories. it's been a long time since they hang out like this, minus junmyeon. they sat on the classic stools, they ordered beer but instead seunghoon ordered a lemon drop, seems like he's planning to get drunk this fast, "yah, just order a beer, i want you to stay sober the entire night," jinki said, his eyes emphasizing how serious he is, while the latter waving his hand up and down, "a single lemon drop won't make you drunk hyung, even though the main ingridient is vodka," jinki rolled his eyes, "just don't get drunk you punk," and he only grinned, "hyung, you should worry about yourself!" jackson shouted, before he divert his gaze somewhere else, purposely avoiding jinki's eyes.

 

jackson was staring at the talented bartender when suddenly mino's hand touched his shoulder, "jackson, who held this party exactly?"

 

"you know fiona park?"

 

mino shook his head to the left and right.

 

"oh my god, she's the only daughter of lee youngmi, the owner of nois magazine. please don't tell me you don't know nois," jackson shot him a look, "i know nois, but i thought she only has a son, richard park, right?"

 

"some complicated story hyung, i'll tell you later okay? enjoy the party for now," jackson said, after gulping a glass of beer in one shot, "i'm going there, hyung, bye!" he waved and ran, "yah!" mino's mouth widen as he shift his gaze to seunghoon and jinki who rose from their seat, "where are you going?" he tried to make himself look pitiful, "socialize, eat, and meet someone who's fun, wanna join?" jinki said, "nope, i'll just stay here," after a long thought, even though it's really tempting, he really is not in the mood right now.

 

unfortunate for him, not too long after he got alone, ladies started to gather around him. at first he didn't mind, oblivious about the whole situation. but three of these ladies start to get really flirty, one of them even got the audacity to put her hand on his shoulder like they have known for a long time. what worse is mino honestly didn't even know who she is. the rest is trying to make him drunk, but he's way more smart than them.

 

"how could you be a genius? my father talked a lot about you." one of them, he knew who she is, her name is seo hyerin and her father is his father's bestfriend. he tried to stay polite but he also need to break free somehow. his brain is busy making up plans. then, he half smiled, "you want to know a secret?" his smile got wider when he saw she's faking curiosity, "my father is actually a cannibal. he hunt many smart people across korea, that's why i am smart at many different field. my mother especially likes person with good fashion sense like you." 

 

"but he failed to catch my uncle who's running away to russia at that time. oh, my uncle is superb when it comes to archery, that's why he can't do archery at all."

 

mino turned his head almost 180 degrees to look at the brown haired woman behind him. her lips who's smiling at him was covered in red matte lipstick. her smile was polite, but the eyes held a glint of humor. her seemingly long hair was tied up in a bun that reveal the delicate cut of her elfin features, some strands of her hair falling out, framing her face perfectly. the bulb above her only seem to illuminate her beauty more. other thing that is quite eye catchy to mino was her dress. the dress was strapless, which showed off her collarbones and her petite shoulders. with suede heels and one or two rings on her middle finger.

 

hyerin looked at them, her eyes went from his and hers several times, "what am i doing here, making my dear friend wait—" mino hop off from the bar stool and he automatically let his arm circled around her bare shoulders, "—let's go outside."  while the latter taking mino's head nod as a cue to leave, her lips held a faint smile towards hyerin and it make hyerin's blood boiled almost instantly.

 

after they got out from the suffocating room, their laugh echoed, cutting through the silent night. mino breathed in as he glance the woman next to him, "i believe i owe you something for saving me from those boring ladies." her laugh began to quiet down, but she still struggles to keep herself from smiling, "it's an entertainment for me too, believe me," she turned her body from him, letting him to stare at her back for a while. 

 

the sound of her heels against the pavement filling up the silence between them. mino was busy with how to make the conversation going when suddenly he heard her voice.

 

"if you want to pay me back, come with me. i want to take you somewhere cool. what do you say?"

 

mino can't bring himself to say no.

 


 

even before mino realizing, he found himself inside of a stranger's—a very beautiful one— car, heading to god knows where. 

 

 

perfect.

 

the car ride didn't took long, after all they were still in the same neighborhood. she park her car somewhere and walked casually, while mino is the one who's afraid of getting robbed. she noticed this and she chuckled, "the place is hidden so we have to walk a bit, are you alright with that?" he responded with a curt nod, "aren't you afraid?" she was mute for a minute, "of what exactly?

 

"of me? or the fact that we walked in the middle of a night, in a nonhyeon-dong back street, alone?"

 

"there's two of us. so, in theory, we're not alone. second, i'm not afraid of you. third, ask questions when we get there, okay?"

 

mino shut his mouth and walked right behind her. he stopped when she stopped in front of a huge steel door and next to it, there's this little red glowing sign. the large building itself reveals no trace of the hip bar hidden within, away from the hustle and bustle of the main roads. 

 

she got in first with mino followed behind, he even opened the door for her. 

 

from the first sight, mino already love this place. dark wood floors, soft lamp lighting and —a touch of 21st century style— patches of exposed concrete here and there, the atmosphere, with its classic interior and dark finish, is an undeniable value-added plus. the 1920s feel of this place, it certainly makes you feel a little special when you walk in.

 

swanky jazz music was their company for the night. as they sat on the stool, she let her long hair down, rubbing her hair with her hand and combing her messy hair in between. his eyes maybe can't lie, one thing bothered him. he took off his—or jinki's— tux to cover her bare shoulders from unwanted nasty gazes. she murmured, "what a gentleman." as she looked up, mino smile broadened, lifting his cheekbones even higher.

 

she ordered a cosmopolitan,  a typical drink for a woman like her. when she asked him what he would like to drink, he refused, "you're so insecure that you don't even want to let your guard down, by getting drunk, it is just like you willingly open up to a stranger, right?" 

 

she's smart. and he likes woman with brain and manners."i don't drink since a long time, just don't feel like i want to," he leaned his elbow on the wooden edge of the bar table, with his hand to support his head, "why girls like you always order a cosmo?"

 

the corner of her lips tug a bit, "girls like me? i'm sorry but my booze is my booze, cosmo is pretty pleasant too! you, what your drinking prefrence?" he thought it's kinda cute when she look offended, "wine, sometimes jack daniel's whiskey, if i have no money," mino take a better look of her, she's wiping off her red lipstick, applying chapstick afterwards. she startle him when she turn her head to him, "messy?" mino shook his head, even giving a thumb up, "you look great."

 

"what do you do for a living?" 

 

she laughed, "you do ask a lot of question," mino clicked his tongue, "you say i have the freedom to ask questions when we get here, here we are, why waste even a second?" his lips formed a smug smile, "i work for nois magazine, umm, a fashion editor to be exact, you?" 

 

"i work for HWS company, you know, song hwangi's company," he decided to keep it minimal, she cannot be trusted, yet. she sipped her cosmo, "your father's?" she divert her gaze from the alcohol rack to him, her hands somehow reached his bow tie to took it off. he even flinch a little when she the top two buttons of his shirt.

 

"loosen up a bit, we may not meet again, mr. song minho." she said his name loud and clear. mino on the inside was alarmed, but mino on the outside was calm. he turned the situation, making it was her who caught off guard,"what yours then?" there was a crease between her brows, she was utterly confused, "it will only be fair if i know your name." she grabbed her purse, picking up her name card and push it towards mino with her forefinger, mino read it out loud too, "irene bae?" 

 

"irene." he said once again, more like a statement, "wait, what's your real name?" he asked out of pure curiosity, "that's my real name," she chuckled, "no, i mean your korean name."

 

"maybe if we meet again, i'll tell you that. but for now, irene is good enough," said the petite woman with a gentle smile, mino nodded, "okay, i'll remember that. irene-ssi, you have a huge debt!" they laughed again, maybe they are the nosiest couple here.

 

the clock on his phone shows 01:01 AM, the woman amd the man keep talking and laughing. it turns out that they are a complete opposite. their music taste even, but they always have that common thing cutting through the differences. she is somewhat pleasant in his eyes. the way she talk reflecting gracefulness, but also at the same time she's playful and full with humor. she's just not like the rest. 

 

"c'mon, tell me your birth year!"

"strangers don't do that, if you notice."

 

mino huffed, "we are not a stranger, i know your name and you know mine!" irene smiled, chuckling afterwards, "well, you're not an oppa for me," mino was in shock, "how? you can't possibly be a noona for me, right? you look so young!" he lied, actually his guts already telling him that she's older than him, she's way too mature to be younger.

 

"thanks for the flattering compliment, believe me when i say you're not the first person who said that," mino was about to talk back when his phone vibrates, it was jinki calling. he looked at her as if asking permission to answer. with her curt nod, he gets up from his seat, swiping right in a hurried manner.

 

"hell—"

 

"WHERE THE ARE YOU?" jinki screamed from the other side, mino even had to give his phone a distance from his ear, "woah, calm your horses hyung—"

 

"calm? how can i possibly be calm when the chances of you getting kidnapped is very high? someone could sell your body parts if you don't do what they want, or they could just beat you to death! you push everyone's panic button by went missing! no more party for you, mino, you hear that?"

 

mino grinned from ear to ear, "hyung, it is true that someone had kidnapped me," although his tone was showing that he was grinning, jinki almost took it seriously if he doesn't continue, "by someone who's really beautiful inside out." he turned his head, the woman he talked about was playing with her rings. a loud sigh escaped jinki's lips, "i'm picking you up. text me the address or walk till you're dead."

 

without goodbyes jinki just hung up like that. mino get back to her but irene already rose from her seat, "let's go home, it's past 03:00 AM." 

 

mino was hesitant, but jinki will also kill him himself if he went “missing” for another hour so he nodded. he put his right hand on pocket. he signaled her to circle her arm around his right arm, "you sure you can drive?" irene looked up, "i'm not that tipsy, i only drank one the entire night," she lifted her forefinger, assuring the man as they got out from the bar.

 

they walked in silence, comfortable enough with only hearing one's breathing. mino didn't bother to make a conversation, he's busy admiring her. don't even ask how many times he thought she is beautiful tonight. okay, we're not a stranger and she's cool. i'm cool with her presence.

 

after what mino thought a short walk, they stand next to irene's black sedan. mino, being totally clueless with woman, didn't know how to properly say goodbye. irene on the other hand, noticed the restless man. she leaned her head next to his ear, resting her chin on top his shoulder, while whispering, "may god forbid us to see again."

 

he was in complete state of confusion. not because the intensity, but of what she just said. "it sound so sad," he said, leaning his head to the right and his cheek touched her hair, "don't say that ever again." irene hummed, "we'll see if god is being nice to you, or being nice to me." they stay like that for a moment before mino's phone rang, again. mino scowled while she giggled and breaking the intensity between them. she tilted her head to the right and found a white audi not too far from where they stand, unfortunately she can't see who's driving because she didn't wear any contact lens or glasses.

 

"yes grumpy old man i see your car. tell seunghoon care about his goddamn business. alright give me a few minute, bye."

 

mino turned around giving her apologetic look while she smiled and took off his tux from her body, "thank you for the incredible night, now i owe you one," he laughed, "i can take you somewhere cool then, right?" mino looked at her as if he was hoping for a santa to come on a christmas night, "not that fast young man, we'll see." she said before she bid him a goodbye and her black sedan slowly disappeared from his sight. mino sighed, she looked so, sad. and he didn't love it as much as he love seeing her smile. of course he's not stupid, he did not believe love at the first sight because it doesn't seem genuine in his eyes, but maybe, because she was that different, he start to believe that thing could be true. it's not a myth anymore.

 

he entered jinki's car and the first thing jinki said to him was this.

 

"don't trust woman that easy, or else you'll end up like junmyeon."

 


 

a/n: 4.1 k words!! ( i can't promise to update fast bcs i hv so much ff to update lolz /enter crying emoji here/) buuut i love minrene so i thought why not? kekeke. please do subsribe, comment, and upvote if you want to! sorry for grammar mistakes/typos aand i appriciate those who give me suggestion bcs it improve my writing. thank you for reading! :)