A Love We Never Knew: Eternity

A Love We Never Knew

(Just a little cameo of 301 before we start the chapter proper!)

 

"Oh? MinYoung's staying in Seoul?"

"Mhm"

"What about her work?"

"I got her another job here in Seoul, so she'll just be staying here"

 

KyuJong munched on his sandwich and nodded. He started thinking about something for a while, and then like as if a lightbulb appeared above his head, he got up. Looking up and checking that no one is in the waiting room except the both of them, KyuJong went forward nearer to his hyung and spoke softly.

"So.. Hyung. How did it go that day?"

"Which day?"

"You know. MinYoung's birthday"

 

"Ah.."

YoungSaeng smiled. "Good, I'd say.. But that was already 2 weeks back; why're you asking about it only now, KyuJong ah~"

"Aish~! Hyung! We had schedules and MinYoung only stayed for a couple of days before going back Busan, I didn't even get to see her~ And since she went back so fast, I thought maybe something didn't go well.. And you didn't talk about it either so.. I thought you didn't want to talk about it"

KyuJong then walked back to his chair and sat back down comforably. "Ah~ At least now I know it's going well~"

 

YoungSaeng's dimples showed at his dongsaeng's worries.

"You haven't seen MinYoung for a while, isn't it?"

"Mhm. I think.. It's about.. more than a year?" KyuJong took a bite from his second sandwich, and then thought of something again. "Ah! Aniya aniya~ She came over during last christmas isn't it~"

"Neh" YoungSaeng laughed "Well now you don't have to worry about forgetting when was the last time you seen her; She's moving over tomorrow morning. I'm going to fetch her from the station since we don't have schedule tomorrow, you want to come along?"

 

"Of course!" KyuJong got excited. "Oh~ I wonder if wuri MinYoungie missed her kyu oppa~"

"Ani, she didn't mention about you the last time, at all" YoungSaeng played along with KyuJong and back.

"Mwoya~~ Hyung you're too much~"

 

"What's up what's up!!"

HyungJun came into the waiting room and overheard the two of them. Well, just the last sentence. "What did hyung do?"

"Aniya, nothing. Hyung was just saying how he's gonna punish you for being late~"

"Wae!! Look! Where is everybody? Aren't we preparing for the interview?"

Both YoungSaeng and KyuJong started laughing.

"Wae wae waeeeee!! Tell me what's going on, hyung!"

 

"Nothing, they postponed the interview time till after lunch, so everyone's just taking a break outside. While we're both just waiting for the person who's late"

"Aniya! You guys are just early~"

"Junnie if you're this late, I think we ca't tell you what's going on tomorrow anymore" KyuJong looked over at his hyung

"I didn't say I'll let him go, either"

 

"Hyung~!"  HyungJun ran over beside YoungSaeng, which YoungSaeng reacted fast to.

"Wae wae wae. Even if you're going to do aegyos, don't you think you're too old for that now?"

"Tell meeeee~ What's going on tomorrow~?"

"Buy us lunch."

"But-"

"You haven't bought your hyung anything since comeback; not even a drink. Ah~ How upset I am~"

 

"Aren't you guys already eating now!" YoungSaeng looked at HyungJun with a blank look, since KyuJong is the only one with food. Then the maknae corrected himself "At least KyuJongie is already eating"

"Aniya aniya~" KyuJong gestured a wave with his hands "This is only my breakfast; I need a proper meal~ Ah hyung~ Baegopa~"

YoungSaeng gave HyungJun a look that said See~ Your hyungs need food.  HyungJun had no choice but to give in.

"Araso araso, I'll buy hyung food. Now tell me, what's going on tomorrow"

 

"Ah Junnie you have't seen her for quite a while too right!"

"Dugu?"

"MinYoung. She's moving over to Seoul tomorrow morning so I'm picking her and KyuJong's coming along. So don't be late if you wanna tag along~" YoungSaeng finished his announcement, and stood up coolly.

 

"Now. Food."

"Komawo Junnie~"

 

(End of the 301 moments!)

-----------------------------------------------------

 

YoungSaeng rested his head on his palms which was placed on his temples, supporting the weight with his arms. He closed his eyes and let out a sigh. The others around the table didn't look good either.

"YoungSaeng ah.." Their manager started off again

"Again. It happened, Again." YoungSaeng repeated himself.

 

"It's not something we can control.." One of the other staff in the meeting spoke

"Not something we can control?" YoungSaeng cleared his throat; he got a little irritated but he tried not to show it so as to show respect for the team. "Yes, let's take it as something we cannot control. But it is something we could have prevented. With the company's ability, we can easily prevent it, if everyone took it as a serious matter"

"YoungSaeng-sshi, I believe we did what we could. But things like this, having our songs plagiarised right before our official release, all we could do is to postpone the release and investigate the case. Once everything is settled, and if it can be resolved like the last time, we can release the original songs without any changes and without any troubles."

 

YoungSaeng let out another sigh. He was really getting irritated. KyuJong and HyungJun was at his sides, and they looked at each other. KyuJong nudged his hyung lightly, before he spoke in a light-hearted voice.

"Alright. I think what YoungSaeng hyung is worried about, is that it caused a lot of troubles for everyone. Not just us, but our staffs in the company, and a lot of media arrangements, as well as schedules. I believe we are all worried. As hyung has mentioned, because this issue has happened before, and not just once, but twice, naturally we thought more care and precaution was taken this time. I'm sure our staffs were all very careful, but unfortunately it happened again, for the third time."

KyuJong paused for a bit, before he continued.

 

"This album especially, is very important. Of course our previous ones were important as well, but this one is different. I believe all of you know. It's the first full album for DoubleS301, and it includes songs written by our members. At the same time, we also remade some songs from SS501. And we even made the extra step into involving our other 2 members JungMin and HyunJoong hyung in the album preparations. It's a big album. And there's a lot of anticipation from the media and our fans as well. Delays of release date is fine; we always expect that. But this time, the plagiarism appears to be quite serious.."

"Very serious." YoungSaeng emphasized, unhappily, while KyuJong continued his words with care.

"Neh.. As I said, I believe our staffs did their best in the preparation for the release. But sometimes, things just don't happen our way. I think, what's best now, is we try to resolve the problem as soon as we can. We hope, the delay doesn't extend pass 2 months. And then after everything is settled down, we hope the company can make a review on this repeating issue, so that we can prevent it the next time round. I believe, a detailed investigation, and explanation is needed"

 

"Definitely" The project manager spoke calmly. "I know the 3 of you are very worried. This issue has also been viewed very strictly by the CEO. Definitely, we will investigate thoroughly this time, so don't worry about it. For now, the respective teams will do their best to resolve the situation. We will update the 3 of you once anything is confirmed."

"Neh neh, of course. Thank you"

Soon after, the meeting got dismissed; YoungSaeng, KyuJong and HyungJun headed back to their practice room. The whole time they had kept quiet.

 

Upon reaching, YoungSaeng sat on the sofa, with a heavy heart. KyuJong followed and sat beside his hyung, while HyungJun went to take some snacks and drinks, and he too, sat down on the other side of YoungSaeng. HyungJun handed over a cup of Americano, which YoungSaeng took silently and took a sip. KyuJong, too, took a quick sip on his own drink, while taking a glance at YoungSaeng, before he finally broke their silence.

"Hyung.. Kwenchana..?"

"Hmm.. Kwenchana.." YoungSaeng replied with a little energy "I'm just a little tired.. and stressed out.."

 

The 2 dongsaengs nodded quietly.

"It'll be alright.." KyuJong tried to assure his hyung

"Hopefully.." YoungSaeng whispered softly

Although he knew clearly all 3 of them were as stressed out about the issue as he is, but YoungSaeng just felt more pressue than the other 2. Maybe it's because he's the leader in the sub-unit. He felt more responsibility in carrying the entire team, and he can't stand anything or anyone taking advantage of them. Yes, the company did a lot for them, but at the same time, there are things that were not done properly as well, including this issue. And YoungSaeng felt they were not treated as how they should be. His 2 dongsaengs were more soft-hearted towards the company, so they kept quiet most of the time. Even though YoungSaeng himself was soft-hearted by nature, but regarding things like these, he knew he have to stand his ground and be firm.

 

They sat there a little longer, before YoungSaeng checked the time and got up after a while.

"Jja. That's it for today. I told MinYoung I'll be picking her up today, so I better get going"

-------------------------------------------------

 

YoungSaeng sat and waited in his car outside the building MinYoung was working at. He was about to rest his head, before seeing a familiar figure near the entrance. It was MinYoung. But she was not alone. He saw another man. They chatted quite comfortably and close too. YoungSaeng just continued watching. It wasn't long before MinYoung made her way out, parting ways with the other male she was talking to, and headed to YoungSaeng's car.

"Annyong oppa!"

MinYoung's cheery voice greeted YoungSaeng the moment she opened the car door. To which, YoungSaeng just slightly smiled. MinYoung noticed it and hurridly got in the car, closed the door, and made herself comfortable.

 

"So.. How was the meeting earlier?" MinYoung started off

"It.. Was fine.." YoungSaeng managed to answer with a straight face. He didn't want to worry MinYoung about his work issues too much.

"Ah.."

MinYoung slightly nodded. She could somehow feel something was wrong but since YoungSaeng wouldn't talk about it, she could only do what them siblings do best for each other: silently supporting the other by not questioning, and try to make things better somehow. She tried to lighten the mood, but when she thought about how she could do that, she came out with nothing. It wasn't like her usual self, since she usually could easily make her oppa feel better in a mere few seconds. It wasn't her fault though; she herself didn't have a good day at work.

 

But she can't show it. Not when YoungSaeng himself looked that troubled.

"So-" "Who-"

The both of them paused.

"You can go first, oppa"

YoungSaeng hesitated a bit. Usually he would pass it and let MinYoung talk first. But today was different.

"Who was that other guy just now?"

 

"Other guy..?"

"The one you were talking with.."

"Ah" MinYoung was surprised that YoungSaeng actually saw them together. "That's just one of my high school sunbae I met in the office today."

"High school.. sunbae?"

"Neh. KangWoo oppa"

 

YoungSaeng turned and looked at MinYoung.

"Oppa?" YoungSaeng said slowly

"N..Neh.. He helped me quite a bit back in school so we were.. a little close.."

MinYoung stuttered on her words a little due to her nervousness. YoungSaeng was being strangely sensitive today. And even during that whole conversation he didn't smile at all. MinYoung quickly tried to assure YoungSaeng's thoughts.

"But..! We're just friends.. and nothing else.. It just happen that he's working in the same office as me so.. we just caught up a bit.. Nothing much.. Oppa.. Don't have to worry.."

 

YoungSaeng nodded a little.

"Mianhae.. Oppa's just really stressed out today.."

"Hmm, kwenchana"

It would have calmed YoungSaeng down a lot if MinYoung could have just lend a hand at that point of time. But it just didn't cross her mind. So both of them just kept quiet, and drove off to get their dinner.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------


"You have a new message!"

 

MinYoung bite on her lips. That had been the 5th time her message notification tone came up in the car. And the most nerve wrecking part? Since they started the journey home till then, YoungSaeng hasn't spoken a word. Even during dinner, the two of them didn't talk much either. And MinYoung had been on her phone most of the time too; there had been some issues with her work team regarding their last proposal. Judging from the awkward silence in the car, MinYoung turned her device volume to vibration, and then kept her phone away without even looking at the last message.

 

YoungSaeng saw it from the side of his eyes while driving. He did glance over a few times already, everytime MinYoung's phone received a new message.

"Wae, not looking at the message?" He said quietly

"Kwenchana.. It can wait" MinYoung replied.

There was a short silence again.

"Dugu" (Note: Who)

"Hmm?"

 

"The messages, who was it?"

"Ah.. Just my team colleagues"

YoungSaeng nodded. Then they continued back home in silence again.

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

' thE workteamSPIRIT! ' Chatgroup:

'We could stick to the original idea'

'No, wouldn't work. The higher-ups don't like it'

'Actually just that small part about finance, they aren't too sure of it, kind of doubting it'

'JaeIn, how did your consultation go'

'Not good'

'RiNa, MinYoung, JongHyun, KangWoo you 4 might need to change your whole proposal again'

'What, why? Wasn't it already approved?'

'The other team manager just looked through our side earlier when i sent in the new concept, they don't want it. Then they reviewed the rest and said they're rejecting these 4 areas too..'

'Mwoya.. They even told us to finalise it. I was already getting statistics'

'Wouldn't work, gotta come out with another one by tomorrow'

'Jeongmal.. Presentation is in 3 days and they still wouldn't approve anything'

 

MinYoung read through the messages, and breathed in deeply. She tried to make it minimum though, so that YoungSaeng who was beside her on the same sofa wouldn't notice. She would have to rush through her work, but before that, she had promised to make some time with her oppa, though they didn't really do anything except watching a movie together at home. Then, another message came in.

 

' KangWoo sunbae~ ' :

'Kwenchana? Seems like it'll be quite a lot of work redoing the proposal. If you need any help, let me know'

 

MinYoung had wanted to just kept her phone away, but she thought, it wouldn't be very nice if she didn't reply to a help's offer.

'Neh kwenchana, araso oppa komawo'

'^^

Anytime~

But you sure you're alright?

You seem pretty quiet on the group chat today'

'Neh, just kind of occupied'

'Really~ You aren't usually distracted back in school

 

You got a boyfriend?'

MinYoung got taken by surprise at the sudden question, at which she turned to look at YoungSaeng, who at the same time, turned his face back to facing the TV, and pretended that he hadn't been secretly glancing over at MinYoung. She swallowed lightly, and turned back to her phone, and the question in front of her. She thought for a while. Is YoungSaeng considered her boyfriend? He confessed, but she didn't. Though they had been going around doing things like a couple since that day, MinYoung guess it can't really be considered official yet. She didn't have the confidence to say so too, either.

'Ani..'

 

It wasn't long before another reply came.

'Ah jinja?

Heol~

Pretty MinYoung is still not taken?'

'Oppa stop teasing me'

'Wae~ I'm not teasing you

It's true.

Don't tell me, you've been rejecting everybody?'

'Aniya, it's not like that'

'Jinja~? Then..

 

How about oppa?'

MinYoung paused again at the question. She knew what KangWoo is talking about. Back in high school, when they were still close sunbae and hoobae, KangWoo had always helped MinYoung a lot, in which MinYoung just accepted and had been always thankful to him. Then one day, during his graduation, KangWoo have had this very similar conversation with MinYoung, and with the same question at the end: "How about oppa?"

Being the naive MinYoung back then, she didn't understand what he had tried to convey, so she simply replied "Oppa will find a good girlfriend~". It was only after she grew older, that she had understood what KangWoo had tried to tell her that day. And somehow, destiny made them meet again, so as to give KangWoo this second chance to ask the same question.

 

MinYoung couldn't make a reply. So she just sat there staring at her phone. In which she didn't even realise YoungSaeng had been staring at her again, watching her as she changed her expression in the midst of the whole messaging thing. Her phone had been receiving messages, almost non-stop, and YoungSaeng was feeling uneasy. Though MinYoung had the noifications on vibration mode, but clearly she was distracted, and so is YoungSaeng.

"MinYoung ah" YoungSaeng heard himself started

"Neh"

"Could you grab oppa something to drink?"

"Ah.. Araso"

 

Not able to think right at the moment, MinYoung just listened to her oppa's request, and got up, leaving her phone on the sofa. YoungSaeng watched as MinYoung made a turn into the kitchen, and then he shifted his sight to the device beside him. He knew in his heart that MinYoung never liked anyone looking into her phone, but YoungSaeng didn't think too much at that point of time. All he knew was, he felt very uneasy, and he need to find out why. Carefully, he picked up MinYoung's phone, which had her lock screen up, and made it rest nicely on his palms. He paused for a second, before he drew in the pattern to unlock MinYoung's phone.

 

Just like where MinYoung left the screen at, YoungSaeng unlocked the phone to be greeted by the chat page. Of course, the last person, was KangWoo. YoungSaeng stared at the name at the top of the screen, twitched a little, and moved on to the messages. He told himself he was just going to scan through it, but when he went over them, his hands tightened his grip on the phone as he carefully read each interaction. He started from bottom up, clenching his teeth when he first realise this guy had been hitting on his girl. He scrolled up.

 

'You got a boyfriend?'

'Ani..'

YoungSaeng's heart squeezed, tight. He took a long stare at MinYoung's reply. His mind went blank, and his eyes started shaking. It was as if his world stopped all of a sudden. He tried to reason it out, but his mind wasn't making ends meet. Technically speaking, yes, he wasn't MinYoung's boyfriend. Or he could say, not yet. So in that sense, MinYoung wasn't wrong in that reply. But yet again, it was asked by another guy who has interest in her.

Why..

 

She could have said yes. She could have said, maybe. She could have said, no but there's someone in her heart. But instead, she had merely said a no, which made YoungSaeng unable to feel anymore. He had clearly done everything to make her feel that they're a thing, and definitely she had been getting a lot of hints on their feelings for each other. YoungSaeng was sure, MinYoung was starting to be sure of how she feels about him. And YoungSaeng was sure, MinYoung knew the intentions of this KangWoo guy's messages. And YoungSaeng thought he was sure, MinYoung could clearly protect both their feelings, at least her own.

But.. Why is it.. That you still can't be clear about our relationship..

 

At that moment, MinYoung had came back with a cup filled with vanilla chocolate, YoungSaeng's favourite out of MinYoung's personal creations. They both had a tough day; MinYoung knew that. Even with that stress she's carrying by herself, she thought at least she could make something familiarly warm for her oppa.

"Oppa look-"

MinYoung gathered some happiness in her voice and had wanted to surprise YoungSaeng, but it disappeared pretty fast the moment she saw YoungSaeng, holding onto her phone in his hand. Her cheeks sank back down as she looked at YoungSaeng.

"Oppa, what are you doing.."

 

YoungSaeng lifted his head, and met MinYoung, eye to eye. With a voice clearly sounding disappointed, YoungSaeng questioned.

"What.. is this about"

MinYoung could easily guess what her oppa meant. He saw the messages from KangWoo. But she tried to avoid the topic of the content of the messages.

"Oppa why-"

"I say. What is this about"

 

YoungSaeng's eyes changed. His voice was firm and MinYoung knew he was not happy. Those initial sadness in him turned from disappointment to vexation in a mere few seconds; from being upset, to not being able to understand. Or rather, not willing to understand.

"Aniya oppa you're misunderstanding. KangWoo oppa is just-"

"KangWoo.. Oppa." YoungSaeng repeated after MinYoung, putting emphasis on every character in the words. This is the second time that day she had addressed her so-called high school sunbae, with a obviously closer term: oppa. YoungSaeng's stares got sharper. "Didn't you say, there is nothing between you 2?"

"It's true, there's nothing-"

"Then why!"

 

YoungSaeng raised his voice, and clenched tighter on the device on his hands.

"Why is it that, you're having such conversations with him?"

MinYoung swallowed. YoungSaeng rarely raises his voice at her. And whenever he does, it scares her a little. She looked away from YoungSaeng. Her hands, which were still holding onto the cup of vanilla chocolate, trembled as she carefully placed the cup down on the table, before she sat down beside YoungSaeng. She turned to face him, with her head down.

"Oppa will you calm down first.." MinYoung said softly, but loud enough for YoungSaeng to hear definitely. Her voice was shaking and she continued to avoid his eyes.

 

"Ani." YoungSaeng replied firmly "Look at me, MinYoung"

"Oppa please.."

MinYoung reached out for YoungSaeng's hands, to which YoungSaeng moved away. MinYoung was taken aback by the action, and took her hands back to herself, alongside some pain in her heart. There was some silence then. YoungSaeng couldn't calm himself as he looked at MinYoung. He tried, but he can't. He don't know why.

 

"Heo MinYoung." YoungSaeng called out as firmly as ever

"Why.. Why is it.. that oppa is being like this.." MinYoung managed to say steadily in a soft voice

"Mwo? Do you think you're not at fault now, Heo MinYoung?"

"The oppa I know.. Isn't like this.."

 

A tear fell from MinYoung's eyes, hitting the sofa quietly. Then followed by another, and another. YoungSaeng saw it, and felt a prick in his heart. But somehow the stress he was feeling made it unnoticeable. At least not enough to realise he was hurting MinYoung.

"Don't you think-"

MinYoung stood up.

"I think.. We need a break.."

 

She turned and softly whispered a "Mianhae oppa.." before heading to the door, and then close it gently behind her. YoungSaeng just looked as MinYoung left, before shutting his eyes tight, letting out a sigh and held onto his head, which was hurting quite a bit. He reopened his eyes after a while, and laid back on the sofa, letting go of MinYoung's phone as he spread out his arms. He turned and looked at the phone, at which it reminded him of what had just happened, making him shut his eyes again.

"What is wrong with me.."

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

MinYoung strolled slowly down the path. She didn't have any destination in mind, but her legs was intuitively bringing her to the park YoungSaeng always brought her to. Hot tears kept rollng down her cheeks uncontrollably, and no matter how many times MinYoung rubbed them away, they came back. fresh. She sniffed and tried to keep herself under control so that she wouldn't catch much attention from people around. Before she knew it, she reached the park, where the swings were at. She took a seat down.

 

She held onto the metal chains at the sides, and pushed herself forward. The swing responded to her force and gave a little motion back and forth, before it came back to a stop. MinYoung's tears started falling again; her heart produced a sharp pain. It reminded her of how YoungSaeng would always bring her over and helping to push her from behind. Those times when YoungSaeng gave her so much care, under such carefree circumstances. Compared to earlier, where MinYoung had received so much stress from YoungSaeng it broke her down.

 

Thinking about it made MinYoung's tears unstoppable. It was the first time YoungSaeng was being like that. MinYoung was partially angry about the fact that YoungSaeng actually looked into her phone without her permission, but the way YoungSaeng reacted had impacted and upsetted her much more. In a way, MinYoung actually didn't understand. Why was it that YoungSaeng just wouldn't trust her when she said there was nothing between KangWoo and her? Why was it that YoungSaeng lost his temper right there and then, without even giving her a chance to speak, to ask him what exactly had upsetted him, what was he so concerned and worried over. He was never like that. 

 

Then MinYoung remembered how YoungSaeng was stressed out from work since he picked her up in the afternoon. But even so, it shouldn't have been a reason for him to raise his voice at her. The edge of her lips curved down even more. Even though YoungSaeng didn't seem to notice, but MinYoung herself too had a stressful day at work. It just seemed unfair how YoungSaeng was venting all his stress out on MinYoung, especially over such a small matter.

She looked down and kicked the sand on the ground lightly.

"Pabo.. Oppa.."

 

--------------------------------------------

 

YoungSaeng had his eyes closed for a long time. It helped him calm down a bit, as time passed. And it helped him clear away some thoughts that was messed up in his head earlier. As it cleared, it made him feel bad at the same time. For not trusting MinYoung, for not giving her any space, YoungSaeng felt like hitting himself on the chest for making MinYoung upset and cry like that, and even having to leave the house to allow him to calm down like this. He started to blame himself, yet at the same time, he himself was still too tired physically and emotionally to move.

 

I'll just wait till she gets better and comes back home..

YoungSaeng thought to himself, as he picked up the cup of vanilla chocolate that MinYoung made earlier. It was a little cold, but he still drank it anyway.

"MinYoungie.." He said softly, staring in the cup, before letting out another sigh.

There seemed to be a lot of things he wanted to say then, but he couldn't form them yet. Not until he sees MinYoung in person. So that he can explain himself. All YoungSaeng could do then was hold tightly onto the cup, and pulled his head back.

"Pabo Heo YoungSaeng.. Pabo.."

 

The sound of raindrops interrupted his thoughts. It started off softly, but soon it got louder. YoungSaeng turned and looked outside the window. It was starting to pour all of a sudden, and quite a heavy rain it was. At first YoungSaeng just stared melancholily at how the rain fell, thinking about how it always rained during important days, be it concerning SS501, or be it concerning MinYoung. Rain just had to play an important role. Then after a short while, thankfully fast enough, YoungSaeng got up suddenly, realising something. Without thinking much, he grabbed the house keys, took a coat near the door, and ran out.

MinYoung ah.. Where could you be in this rain..

 

----------------------------------------------------

 

MinYoung felt the rain fall, and within merely a few minutes, it had turned into a huge shower. But MinYoung didn't move. She just didn't feel like moving a single bit. Somehow the rain made her feel better. Not in terms of healing her troubles, but in terms of allowing her to better cry things out. Without warning and without control, her tears which had previously stopped started flowing again, this time even more aggressively. The rain reminded her of a lot of memories unknowingly, to which MinYoung could only cry to let go of her distress. There didn't seem to be an end though, at least not at that point of time.

 

Those times and memories of how YoungSaeng had always held onto her so gently and sweetly, bringing her through so many days of storms and rain. Her beloved oppa, whom she cherished so much, and whom she had grown to becoming closer to, day by day. He was the first person in her life that she depended on and trusted so much, and he never once brought her down. They may have been apart at times, but MinYoung knew he would always be there. No matter what and no matter when, YoungSaeng would always give MinYoung his support. And that was probably how their feelings started developing for each other.

 

MinYoung had first started to question her own feelings when she realise how she was feeling tingly everytime she talked to YoungSaeng. She would feel excited and not wanting to end the call. When they meet up, she would want to stay in his hug and never let go. Her feelings felt stronger and stronger each time, such that she was afraid what it could actually mean. And the thought of her falling in love with her oppa, made her afraid; Afraid to acknowledge it, as love. 

 

She thought it was impossible, and definitely outrageous. She told herself it was probably her imaginations and the inexperienced love relationships she have had, that made her thought she was in love with her oppa. It was also part of how she ended up with a few very short relationships, which only lasted till the point where MinYoung would question if she had really loved the other party. And when nothing came up whenever she asks herself that question, she knew, her so-called feelings then was all made-up by herself right from the start. 

 

That was also why, when YoungSaeng had confessed, it left MinYoung very confused. She had thought about it countless times, but she could never produce anything that made sense. She even started questioning if YoungSaeng may have regarded their close siblings feelings, and treated it as a made-up love. Yet YoungSaeng had been so firm about his feelings, so sure of his feelings for her and her only. It meant that he was feeling the same feelings as MinYoung, and it proved to MinYoung that it was not only her own one-sided imaginations. And that could mean as well that, it could all be reality, those feelings they call love.

 

YoungSaeng's confession had since made her heart beat passionately, but she was still afraid to face it. Everyday, without fail, and without any bit less than the day before, YoungSaeng would reach out for her heart bit by bit. He caught her heart's every little move. It all felt like both a dream and reality at the same time for MinYoung. All those days felt like forever; all those days felt just right, so right. Too right. Although she knew it meant happiness for her and YoungSaeng, she was still afraid. Her fear of making a wrong move and then losing someone that important to her all at once; it pulled her back a lot. She wanted to hold onto those same hands, for the rest of her life, even if its just as her oppa. She thought it should be enough, and she didn't want to be greedy.

 

But then again, when YoungSaeng had been misunderstanding her earlier on, she felt the urge that she had to explain. She didn't want YoungSaeng to misunderstand. She didn't want him to think she had someone else in her heart. But the YoungSaeng that she was talking to, was not the oppa she knew. His aggresiveness scared her, that she was trembling so badly inside. It felt almost like she would lose him any time if it had went on with that kind of uneasiness and mistrust in the atmosphere. So she thought the best bet was to leave her oppa to calm down before she goes back to talk to him. Even if it hurt her a lot, she had to do it. It was to ensure she could still hold him at the end of the day.

 

Then, in the midst of all those distress MinYoung was feeling, in which MinYoung was busy rubbing her eyes the whole time, suddenly a familiar pair of arms threw himself at her, pulling her into his embrace. He placed his head over MinYoung's shoulders, and pushed her gently towards his chest, and tightened his hug.

"Mianhae.. MinYoung ah.." YoungSaeng whispered in her ears, as he shifted his head to touch MinYoung's skin to skin. "Mianhae.."

MinYoung who realised who it was, then started bawling even more. It was as if her heart was torn open and it hurt so bad. She held on tightly onto YoungSaeng, and cried aloud. YoungSaeng could only hug MinYoung as tightly as he could, and let his girl cry all she wanted. Afterall, he was at fault for making her upset till this point.

 

The rain didn't seem to bother them. YoungSaeng's pants were soaked and covered by sand as he continued kneeling while holding MinYoung. But it didn't bother him a bit from doing what he must do. YoungSaeng could feel MinYoung's whole body shaking and trembling, not from the cold rain, but from deep in her heart. He had to hold her very closely, almost like he was afraid of losing her. He squeezed her tight and made sure she wouldn't feel a single insecurity. So that MinYoung could find a spot in YoungSaeng's embrace that felt protected and safe for her to expose her feelings in. It was something only YoungSaeng could do.

"Oppa is here.."

 

Another set of tears rushed down MinYoung's cheeks, which she rubbed against YoungSaeng. She had felt a sharp long pain in her heart, yet at the same time, it had also raced at YoungSaeng's words and its warmth. Those words had felt nolstagic, as it would always make MinYoung feel a lot more secured, with her oppa there whom she knew she could always depend on. And this time, it also made her feel, his love. With a little apologetic, it was filled with tons of feelings he had for her, from caring to protectiveness to wanting to give her the best, which is of course, the fullest love he could give.   

 

It lasted quite a while. YoungSaeng tried to continue calming MinYoung down by running his fingers under her hair, coming in contact with her neck, and rubbing her there, while keeping her head still close to his. The skinship calmed MinYoung after a while. She was still crying but no longer as uncontrollable. It just hurt occasionally. YoungSaeng released the hug, and made MinYoung look at him. Her eyes were all swollen from the crying and it made YoungSaeng's heart ache. He took off the coat he had on, and pulled it over MinYoung. He looked into her eyes, while MinYoung was still looking down. He leaned forward a little.

 

Although the rain had gotten slightly smaller, it still drenched the both of them. Yet it didn't affect YoungSaeng's feelings. He felt like he had done something really wrong and really bad, to make his precious girl get this upset. He felt like there might not be anything that he can do to make MinYoung forgive him. Or at least, he couldn't forgive himself. At that point of time, there was this one thing he felt could help to convey his feelings to MinYoung. With one hand, he lifted MinYoung's chin lightly, and he leaned further forward slowly. Their faces got closer each second and until the point MinYoung could feel YoungSaeng's breathing on her own face.

 

YoungSaeng hesitated. Their lips were just that small distance apart. He was afraid. Although MinYoung didn't back away, but he was still afraid. One part of him told him that it was the right time. But another part of him told him that it seemed like he was just making use of the situation.

That's right.. I shouldn't be taking advantage.. But..

He struggled, before deciding to back off slowly. He stopped at a distance. His eyes looked up, while MinYoung had hers looking to the side. She was no longer crying, but instead her heart was starting to race without any control.

"Tell me.." YoungSaeng started off, with his heart pumping "Your answer.. I want to know it.. Now.."

 

His voice was shaking a little, although he made sure it was clear enough for MinYoung to hear in the rain.

"If your answer is a no.. Then you can just back off..

But..

If.."

YoungSaeng swallowed.

"If.. Your answer..

Is not a no.."

 

YoungSaeng shifted his hands which was holding her chin, and switched its position to gently caress MinYoung's face. Their eyes met at that time, and then as if locked, they wouldn't leave the other's sight. His other hand had found its way and crept to where MinYoung's hands were. At first touch, both their hearts skipped a beat, and YoungSaeng gently held onto those small hands as he leaned closer, bit by bit. At that same short distance from before, he paused slightly and looked deeper into MinYoung's eyes. To which MinYoung responded by closing her eyes, giving consent.

 

It was like both their worlds stopped right there as they held their breath. YoungSaeng's grip on MinYoung's hands tightened nervously, as he closed up the gap between their lips. Slightly tilting his head and slowly closing his eyes, YoungSaeng's lips lightly touched MinYoung's, before he pressed them together a little harder. His body got warmer at the contact, and MinYoung's heart fluttered. That was their first kiss.

 

It was almost like they could forget everything that had happened. All the hurt seemed to be engulfed by the love and sweetness of their first kiss.

For YoungSaeng, it was the first time he actually had so much feelings placed in a kiss. It made him even sure that his feelings for MinYoung was nothing ordinary, and something that he could never replace with anything, or take for granted. All the built-up feelings made his whole body warm, and his blood rushed through his entire body. He was sure then; MinYoung is everything to him.

And for MinYoung, the feeling felt fresh, and so very sweet, and almost overwhelming. She couldn't extinguish what she was feeling exactly, but it was enough to know what it meant, seeing how her heart reacted naturally to the contact.

 

MinYoung was drowning in the kiss, as YoungSaeng tasted her lips passionately in between a few breaks. He had started slow, before starting to pour his feelings out as the kiss got deeper. She felt the hands on her cheeks moved and surrounded her instead, embracing her and gently pushing her closer. Her free hand held onto her oppa's shirt in front of his chest in return. YoungSaeng's breathing got heavier, which made MinYoung get more nervous each second. She just went along with YoungSaeng's flow in his kisses, which was totally under his control as he carefully broke between each kiss everytime he himself felt breathless from his heavy breaths. It all made MinYoung get into the kiss better at the same time.

 

Covering her lips entirely in his, YoungSaeng made a kiss, and gently pulled away slowly. MinYoung reopened her eyes slightly when YoungSaeng let go of her hands.

"I love you.."

She thought she had saw a slight shine in his eyes, before she was forced to shut her sight again, and entering back into his warmth. YoungSaeng MinYoung's hair and pushed her to create as much skinship as possible. He started off another kiss, this time with more small on her lips, as if asking for permission. MinYoung, who was starting to get comfortable with the contact, gave a response and parted her lips. YoungSaeng who sensed it, breathed in deep, and took the lead by lightly contacting their tongues.

 

The rain was starting to stop, as if reacting to their resolve and newly developed relationship. MinYoung grabbed YoungSaeng's shirt lightly, as they exchanged saliva intimately. She had tasted a little saltiness as she felt a drip of liquid entered their mouths from YoungSaeng's side. She slightly opened her eyes whilst still interacting with YoungSaeng orally. It was one of the rare times she saw the course of a tear appearing on her oppa's face, which had pathed itself from the eye and unknowingly to the lips, and was clearly not a raindrop as it appeared still fresh warm. It was not like she haven't seen YoungSaeng cry before, but he rarely did anymore these years, so it surprised MinYoung a little.

 

Following that, a few more tears appeared and made their way down YoungSaeng's cheeks silently. YoungSaeng loosened the hug and their lips parted slowly. MinYoung instinctively moved one of her hands up as YoungSaeng lowered his head. It touched his warm face, came in contact with his tears, and wiped them to the side. YoungSaeng who felt her tiny hands on his face, closed his eyes as he let his tears fall. Something swelled up in his heart. He took her hands from his face, without saying anything, and pushed her towards him with a little strength.

 

"Eoljima.." (Note: Don't cry)

YoungSaeng rubbed his face on MinYoung's shoulders.

"Komawo.." He replied very softly in her ears "..And mianhae.. for hurting you.. And yet.. You still accepted oppa.."

More tears started falling, and YoungSaeng began to lose strength. MinYoung felt him getting weaker, and along with YoungSaeng, she slided off the swing seat and falling back on the ground together with her oppa, supporting him in her arms this time. YoungSaeng just held onto MinYoung with one hand, while the other supported himself from the ground. His tears flowed as he felt the pain in his heart.

This must have been what MinYoung had felt.. This pain..

Ani.. Probably worse..

 

His feelings of guilt may have came later than expected, but it hurt.

Even after he had went so far hurting MinYoung, he was forgiven.

Even though she had been so afraid, he was still forgiven.

Even when her heart was scarred so badly by her own oppa without any proper reasons or explanations, and not to forget during then her own feelings were also in danger, MinYoung had still held onto him like she always had, never letting go.

 

Although it always looked as if YoungSaeng was the one giving, it had been the other way round for YoungSaeng all these time. The girl who had always given him strength and smiles; The girl who had made him love; The girl who had taught him the many little happiness in life. It had always been her. To MinYoung, YoungSaeng may have given her a lot, from dependence to protection. But compared to him, she had given him much more than anything else in the world; just by being her. If she haven't been so strong being by his side all those times, neither could YoungSaeng have the courage to promise to protect her. It was because of MinYoung's unconditioned care which eventually turned to love, YoungSaeng had the confidence to bring her the love she deserves.

 

MinYoung could hear the soft sniffs YoungSaeng was making. She placed a hand on his head and another on his back. She could feel YoungSaeng trying to calm himself down by controlling his own breaths. It took a while before he felt better. It was then MinYoung knew he was good enough to listen to her.

"Oppa.. Let's forget about what happened earlier.." MinYoung said steadily while resting her head on YoungSaeng's shoulder, since the latter wouldn't let go, especially not for her to see his after-crying-face.

"Hmm.." YoungSaeng's reply was short; As if coming from a little boy learning a lesson.

"We were just.. both stressed out today.. So let's forget what happened.."

"..Komawo.."

 

MinYoung shook her head, and forced YoungSaeng to break away. They looked at each other.

"Oppa.. I should be the one to say komawo.. For loving me.."

MinYoung looked shyly to the sides, before looking back into YoungSaeng's eyes. They saw the universe in each other's eyes; the universe that was made for them and only them.

 

"..I love you.."

YoungSaeng's heart shook, getting warm and tingly at the same time. He smiled warmly. He had waited to hear those words for so long. It was then, that he knew she had fully given her heart out, to him. YoungSaeng told himself, this is a heart he would never hurt again; a precious girl he would never want to see crying again. Someone he would protect with his life and love with his soul, for eternity. Because that was exactly what felt like MinYoung had given him at that point of time.

 

It felt like she had given him eternity. 

"Nado.. Saranghae.."