thirteen

Stronger

Gloomy, it was. The rain started to pour lightly then harder and harder.

“Park Min Soo, wear your raincoat and boots. Do you need umbrella?” Eunbi shouted from the kitchen while packaging MinSoo’s lunchbox. Daehyun found his umbrella inside his boxes.

Ding Dong, Min Soo ran to see the person,“hyung! What are you doing here? At this hour?” he looked at Seungkwang with Eunbi’s usual tone. They giggled and went inside the house. Feel like at home Seungkwang found his lovely friend at kitchen,”morning Eunbeagle, my best dorky friend”. Eunbi’s mouth hang opened, they talked and laughed like what they always do.

Daehyun heared them and went to see,”uh, sorry. I heard the bell earlier but Iwas finding my umbrella” he smiled awkwardly. Good thing that Seungkwang is really friendly to everyone.

“Beagle, I’ll take Min Soo to school. The rain is pretty hard, wanna join?” Eunbi grinned to her kind-hearted friend, but she can’t let Daehyun go alone, somehow she just can’t for no reason.

More good thing, Seungkwang could read the situation. “Daehyun-ssi, let’s go together”. They went take Min Soo to school first. “hey Beagle, I saw your company new girl group. They have a cute concept, are you their dance choreographer?” so many relations between those two.

Daehyun kept silent. “no, I can’t do those cute thing. To be honest, I want to try all concepts, but it just hard to do it, uuurrggh..” Eunbi shook her head in disgust. “good, you know that you aren’t that cute type. Don’t try it,Beagle. Thanks for that. You’re welcome” Seungkwang chuckled.

 

 

 

Knocking the table with his pen, Daehyun stared the wall blankly,”don’t you have any inspiration? Then with is the wall giving you any idea? Blank~ you’re so blank my wall, hard wall~”Kim Himchan, his senior, the lyricist from another world. “did you ever fall in love, hyung?” he asked still blank,”what? Oh, the cold Daedae is falling for someone~ lemme guess, is it Hwang Eunbi or..”. Shocking than ever,”haha lame joke. My throat is dry. Let’s grab a drink.”, Himchan furrowed his eyebrow,”I’m not joking though, ok, you pay.”

 

Sometimes fates are cruel, simply said unluckily they met the dance choreographer team. There she was, laughing with her friends, so free. Himchan teased Daehyun non stop.

“hey guys! Oh, Eunbi-ah, there’s something important..” Himchan stopped the group. Daehyun smiled and greet them,”hyung, what are you doing?” he mumbled. One of the senior said they had to go so they left Eunbi. Nervous took his body, he smacked Himchan’s back,”why you called her that way?”,”what? I’m in good line with her tho. So Eunbi-ah, we’re going to buy coffee over there, wanna come?” Himchan smiled brightly.

Eunbi stared at Himchan weirdly,”that’s important? Nice. But you heard earlier, we have something to do. More urgent than coffee, so thanks sunbae”. She bowed and left the two dumbfounded. “see? You’re insane hyung”,”what? You liked her. She’s pretty cool, totally my type”,”don’t- uhm, yes she is cool. There are other girls hyung~”,”yah yah! I’m not saying to date her, what are you then? Coward~ tell her, if she reject you, go..far away”. They kept bickering ‘til the coffee separated them.

 

“you’ve worked hard guys! Be careful on your way home!”, they bowed to each other and left the room one by one. Rain at night wasn’t good choice,”Min Soo! Ohh~ Seungkwang, gotta call him. –oh, hey, Min Soo..- uh, thanks friend. You’re the best and you knew it”, how nice if there were thousands copy of him. Thanks to her too kind-hearted friend, Min Soo were already home. She went outside the building and found Daehyun with an umbrella in his hand.

“still here? It’s not going to stop soon”,”here, use it.” Daehyun gave the umbrella to her. She thought they will use it together, but Daehyun ran with hoodie on his head instead. “yah! You’re gonna catch a cold! At least let’s go together Jungdae!”. Daehyun kept walking, no turning back, Eunbi pulled his hand,”listen to me then, let’s go!”.

Daehyun blushed with the fact that Eunbi hold his hand, so warm, so calming, how I wish I can make it mine. Their journey was queit, so queit that they could hear the rain beat.

At home, Min Soo was watching TV by himself. “hey there, I’m sorry I couldn’t pick you up..”,”I’m okay noona~ I’ve grown up, you knew, Seungkwang hyung take care of me well, better than you..” Min Soo happy that he could teased Eunbi,”I have to study. I’ll be in my room”. He really grown up, thinking about past, she thanked god that she met Park Min Soo, she loved him for her whole heart, or almost.

“hey, I’m done. Hurry or you‘ll catch a cold” while drying his hair with towel he went to have a glass of water. He couldn’t find her anywhere. Eunbi came out from her room with hairdryer,”use it”, she handed it to Daehyun and went inside to take a bath.

Dumbfounded, he couldn’t use it, he didn’t even ask her how, he didn’t even know why he should use it. She came with towel on her shoulder and sighed to see Daehyun. “you look so genius staring at hairdryer like that”,“you look like a man, Eunbi, nice though”. She nodded with the best flat face she ever had.

“give it to me, use it so your pillow won’t wet, and you wouldn’t catch a cold” she explained it like how she usually explained it to Min Soo.
“what are you doing?” froze on the spot, he could feel Eunbi was brushing his hair with towel.
“I’ll do it, just stay still” she commanded sternly with her eyes fixed on his hair.
“o-kay then, thanks anyway.. Eunbi” he blushed hard.