Chapter 6 : High School Graduation

THE JJANG

Hyunjin knocking the door again and again, but there is no response, she put the food that her brother and friends ordered, then knocking it hard until one of the customer who just walking pass by her looking at her weirdly,

“Why are they lock the door?, ahh..really,” she take her phone from her pocket and typing text for her brother, not long after that,

“Oh..you are here..,” her brother said after open the door, Hyunjin look angry,

“Hmm..since 30 minutes ago,” she said while enter the room, “what were you doing?,” she said then shocked after looking at the mess that her brother and his friends make, “ah..seriously..I know that this room is your camp, but please…keep it clean,” she said then put the foods on the table, “and I know that all of you are happy because your days as a high school student will be approaching the end, but control it, okay?,” she said then leaving the room.

“Is she really Hyunjin?, why I feel so young when I heard what she said?,”Sooyoung said then sit and starting to eat, “after this let’s sing again,” she said.

“I already choose the song,” Changsub said, he choosed Cho Youngpil’s let’s go travel.

“Two weeks later is your school graduation’s party, right?,” Sungjae asked to the girls.

“Hmm, in the morning we have graduation’s ceremony, and from 5.00pm, we have graduation’s party,” Seulgi said.

“And one of you should became my boyfriend,” suddenly, that voice make Changsub and Sungjae spouted out their ramen,

“Ah, really..it’s really dirty,” Hyunsik said while wiping his arm, “yah..Park Sooyoung, said it on the way we will understand it, don’t make it ambiguous, I became the victim just now..,” he said still wiping his arm.

“What’s now?, you always come up with something strange,” Sungjae said.

“I should choose one of you to became my boyfriend for my graduation’s party. They said that we must come with a boyfriend,” Sooyoung explaining it.

“Then why Seulgi didn’t asked the same thing as you, both of you come from the same school,” Chnagsub asked.

“Because there are so many male students who want her to became their partner in graduation’s party. She can choose it from there,” Sooyoung said while looking at Seulgi who is busy eating.

“I don’t decide yet about it,” Seulgi said, Sooyoung pouting,

“You said 2 weeks later, righ?, then I can’t, I have practice that day until late night,” Hyunsik said even before Sooyoung officially choose it,

“Ah..really,” Sooyoung said, “then, you must go, Sungjae-yah, as my boyfriend,” she suddenly decided without ask to the person if he want or not.

“Why me?, why not him?,” Sungjae asked while pointing his finger to Chnagsub.

“He is not match with this kind of party,” she said.

“Who said that?, you don’t know I can do waltz too,” he defensed himself, “it’s just I don’t really interest in your life drama, just go with Sungjae and get him the best tuxedo,” he said.

“If I grant it, what will you do for me?,” Sungjae asked, “do anything I ask to you?, okay?,” he said.

“Let’s see, what’s your wish?,” Sooyoung ask him back, Hyunsik at while looking at them,

“I can’t think anything right now, I’ll say it after the party,” he said.

“Okay, I’ll grant it if I can.”

“Okay, I’ll come then, I don’t have nothing to do either that day,” he is agreeing, Sooyoung smile to him and ask him to high five with her,

“Let’s looking for the dress next week. Ah…I’m full now, let’s play it..,” she said while take the mic.

“Wait for me, I’ll finish it in one minute,” Changsub said, then stand up after finished his food, they start sing, the rest of them just looking behind them,

“Are you sure you wanna go to that party as her boyfriend?,” Hyunsik asked.

“Hmm, she promise she’ll grant my wish, so I must go there, I want to go to the party of that school, I think it’ll be a luxurious party,” he said then drink water.

*

Hyunsik is about to leave his house after lunch, Hyunjin ask him something after lunch,

“The one who go as Sooyoung unnie’s boyfriend today is Sungjae oppa, right?.” Hyunsik still busy checking his book,

“Hmm, why suddenly asking about that?,” he asked he back without looking at her.

“Why she choosed him when she know about it?,” she said while walking to the kitchen,

“What are you saying?, I didn’t heard that, know what?,” he asked.

“No, nothing…why she choosed him?,” she asked.

“Because he is the one who have time and want to come?, I can’t go today, Changsub also didn’t want to go to that party, so the only one left is Sungjae, and he’s agreed to come there.”

“Why she didn’t asked the boys from the same school as her?,” she asked again.

“Why are you so curious about that?,” he said then looking for his shoes, “actually, I want to go to that party, but because of this practice, I can’t. I’ll go now, ” he said then leave the house.

*

They come to the party, looking pretty and handsome, Seulgi wmiling while watching at them who walking on the red carpet,

“Do you feel like an actress?, why waving hand like that?,” Sungjae asked, her hand one his arm.

“Why?, the theme of this graduation party is living as an actor/actress just for tonight, don’t you know?,” she said, not facing him, Seulgi come to them with her partner, she choosed partner from many male students who want to fill it, the one who good in studt is her last choice,

“He is really your type of boy,” Sungjae said after saw her partner, her partner smile after heard that,

“What was those words?, I don’t really like hearing it,” Seulgi said, “it'll start soon, let's go,” she said, they enter the hall.

When they enter the room, some of students give them a card and said,

“This is the corner of this party, you can take a photo here and the theme is about one of the romantic scene from a drama, wanna give a try?,” Sooyoung look excited, she is pulling Sungjae's body, “there will be a voting for the best photo, the winner will get a special gift from us,” she promoted again.

“Let's try it,” she said then pulling his body again. They enter the photo box and choosed one of rolls of papers, and they get that concept, a sudden kiss from the female lead, Sooyoung grinning,

“I don't want to do that,” Sungjae said.

“Are you female lead?, read it carefully, I'm the one who do it, you just standing here and smiling, make sure that we'll win the vote,” she said then get ready to kiss his lips,

“Yah..it's too much,” he said.

“Yah, we came here as a lover, what's too much about that?,” not long after that, she kiss him on lips, she look surprise, he look angry, she look at the photo, “wahh..it's pretty, really pretty, I hope we'll win this,” she said then grab his hand and come out from the photo box, “Seulgi-yah, try it, it's fun,” she said after come out.

“Yah, you really do it?, the kiss?,” Seulgi asked.

“Hmm, you want to do it or not?,” Sooyoung asked, Seulgi shaking her hand, “then let's go,” they still holding hand, Sungjae look angry after that kiss, but Sooyoung doesn't realize it yet.

“Why are you so quiet?, is there something wrong?,” she asked innocently, “yah, it's starting..let's do it the waltz..,” she said then once again pull his hand to the enter of the hall where the couple do waltz, “why?, you look angry?,” she asked when they start dancing,

“You asked because you don't know?, why you did that?, the kiss?.”

“Ahh.. because of that?, don't be to angry, I just do it for the photo, I heard the gift is camera, you want it right?,” she said.

“So, you did that because of camera?,” he asked.

“Actually I know that after taking photo, so I don’t really regret for taking photo with that kind of pose, with that kind of pose, I think we’ll win the camera,” she said then smile to her.

“Then, can you handle the after math?,” he asked something that make her confused.

“What do you mean?, after math?.”

“What if after that kiss, I suddenly like you,” he said, Sooyoung smile,

“Wah..is that a confession?, I’m happy to hear that, but I hope you don’t like me if that the only reason,” she said, they still doing waltz,

“The only reason?,” he asked.

“ ‘I like you because you kiss me’ that kind of reason, I don’t really like it if that’s the only reason, find another reason if you really like me...the reason that I can accept,” then she’s grinning, “I might look like a girl who really don’t pay attention in my love live, but actually not.”

“If I find another reason that you can accept, what will you do then?,” he asked.

“Let’s see..what will I do then..,” then she looking around, “I’ll go to the toilet, go back to our table, let’s eat again after this,” she said then run to the nearby toilet.

Sungjae back to their table, Seulgi is there talking with her friends,

“Is he Sooyoung’s boyfriend?, he is handsome,” one of them asked when Sungjae sit, after heard that he giving bow to them, “isn’t he too well mannered?, we at same age, right?,” one of them said again,

“Hmm, we are same age...,” not long after that there is something on the stage, MC said that they will announce the winner of the party corner, there will be two winners for this who can have the gifts, “where is Sooyoung?,” Seulgi asked.

“She said she went to toilet,” he said then drink his juice.

She’s back from toilet and whisper to him,

“I grant your wish, we get the camera,  I heard from one of the MC, haha..” she said then smile, she want to high five with him, but he didn’t response it, “aii..you still mad because of that kiss, although we get what you want?,” she asked, after heard that he’s grinning and grab her hand, “why?.”

“Didn’t you asked to high five with me?,” he asked, then they do high five, Sooyoung grab his hand after that and pull his body after heard their name called by the MC,

“Congratulation for the winners,” the MC said, and the big screen in stage showing their photo, Sungjae look mad once again, but this mad is mix up with shy feeling,

“Yah..you should thanks to me...fill this camera with me..,” she said then give the camera to him,

“Okay..Thank you, Park Sooyoung-ssi.”

The party ended at 10 pm, Sungjae waiting for the girls who still busy taking photo with their friends, then someone approach him giving him something,

“Congratulation for you and your girlfriend, you look so cute together. This is your photo, you can have it,” then she leave him.

“Oh..thank you,” he said out loud, he smile while looking at the photo, “she really did it, I have my first kiss with her?,” he said then take out his wallet and place that photo in his wallet.