Alternate Ending

Haru Haru

The doctors came out and shook their heads.

What does that mean? Why are they shaking their heads? She can't be gone. No.
I tried to convince myself that she was fine. She can't be dead. She was a fighter! I was hysterical. I refused to believe anything the doctors said. Surely it was a prank? 
Jiyong was much different. He seemed to accept it right away. He rushed to her side and leaned down to her level. "(Y/N), I love you." he whispered. 
Once I finally embraced the fact that she was gone, I slowly walked to her side and attempted to talk to her.
"(Y/N)?" 
Jiyong glanced up at me. 
"She's gone, jerk." 
That caused me to snap.
"Hey look, I was helping her and I thought I was helping you too! Now I know I didn't. I (bold) said I was sorry." I raised my voice a little. 
"I'm sorry." he said quietly. "I just don't want her to be gone." 
I stopped talking and exited her room. When I came home, I collapsed into a sobbing pile, crying until who knows when. 
Suddenly, I felt a chill. When I turned around, I saw a pale transparent (Y/N). 
'Hey Seunghyun.'
"Oh my god, (Y/N). Is that really you?" I asked, unable to grasp the current situation. 
Her figure shimmered a little bit as she lightly giggled. 'Yes it is me.' 
She then turned serious once again. 'Listen, I'm only here for a short while- I need to see Jiyong too, but I decided to talk to you first because you seem even more broken then Jiyong.'
"That's because I can't live without you, (Y/N)!" I lunged myself at her an collapsed into her arms, sobbing uncontrollably. She patted my head. 
'Get over it, please, find another girl! Find happiness elsewhere! I was meant to die and you were meant to be with someone else. Please Seughyun- move on.' 
"But-"
'No Seunghyun, please. I'll always be with you, remember that, but just not in a physical form. If it helps, I feel so much more free like this!' 
I relaxed in her embrace. "Really? Free? What does it feel like?" 
'I feel light. No pressure pushing down on me anymore now that I'm not in the torture world known as Earth.' she joked.
"I'm glad you feel better" I mused. Reluctantly, I pushed myself away from her and gave her a smile. "You should go to Jiyong now. He really needs you."
'Ah yes. Thank you for everything Seunghyun, tell the boys I said hi!' With that, she disappeared into thin air, as if she was never there in the first place. 
I dropped my smile and curled myself into a ball and returned to crying once again.


The world is cruel because we were meant to be hurt from the day we were born.