A Hundred Times Over as per Jin

In Between Worlds

Jin was in the balcony that night looking over the Seoul City lights. He didn't understand why he had to live here in the heart of the city when he has a house nearby that takes just a train ride everyday to school. There was nothing wrong with their house, so why send him away?

He ran a hand through his hair and sighed. In a few day, the midterm exams will be held. He knew he studied hard, but he wanted to be part of the top ten. His classmates were way smarter, and the ranking pushed Jin down the 15th spot. That's not bad, Namjoon would comment. But for Jin, everything else follows when he'll get a landing among the elites.

There's a minor setback, though. Looking over six highschool kids is just as akin as running a nursery. Jimin would be the most obnoxious in the group, trying to assert himself to Jungkook for the most part. Jungkook, though, just dispelled his hyung like a mosquito, though Jin guessed that Jungkook secretly adored being pestered by Jimin. Hoseok is the second most obnoxious, getting the household riled up in his horseplays. 

Jin had another problem. In the human world, he is Kim Seok Jin. In reality, this is his front of covering up his main identity. He is Prince Conrade Maine, Treasurer and Financial Advicer to his brother and king, King Connor Carmine, who is Namjoon's real identity. It was said that Jin had lived in that apartment for years under the insistence of his aunt, which was so. The time he is presently in has been time warped a hundred times over, making most of the characters of this story older than they seem. Everyone, but Jimin.

Prince Emerald (Jungkook) is the only son of King Connor. He is quite naive, quite feminine, yet strong as a horse. The palace personnel adors him because he is very athletic, though he can be quite indifferent and gives some blunt comments. Eversince his mother, Queen Diamond, became the head of the eunuchs, concubines and farm animals of the king, she found it bothersome to divide her time, but most especially take care of her only son. She was also kind of a lazy lady, and the household would sometimes be in shambles. Because of this, Prince Conrad had to "babysit" her, as well as her son Emerald.

Luckily for Conrad, Emerald is not a very needy child. He can do things on his own, but he only asks for help when he needed to. King Connor, having been betrayed by the laziness of his wife, found solace in hopes that Emerald would soon rule the monarchy.

Trouble brewed when Emerald scoffed an arranged marriage that was scheduled a few years before the current setting of the story. The scorned maiden, Princess Reginata, vowed that she would get her revenge. She turned to her uncle, Esquire the Warlock, and told  him of her misery. In exchange for Esquire granting revenge for Reginata, the princess would have to work for him as The White Crow. Her kingdom, the Five Cavernous Hills, also succumbed under Esquire's power. And so, with that kingdom under his spell, her people became his army of warring horses. Esquire himself removed Reginata's memories and conscience so that she'll eternally work for him.

The next day, Emerald suddenly started acting differently. Connor thought that his son was just  sick. When the Prince suddenly rushed to his mother's room to wear her clothes, the King was furious. Emerald now sang and danced like a female, and he wanted to learn to spin clothes instead of doing archery. 

Stannum and Conrad saw throught the curse and told the King about  this. When Connor heard about the sad fate of his son, he wept. There was no way his son was going to rule over Bryndelinterrysailor as a Queen. Conrad would've been the next option, but he and Connor were half brothers. The next powerful ruler capable of domination happened to be Esquire the Warlock.

Many solutions were sought from all over the places. Even The Turtlesaurus was asked, but he said that both he and the Small Dragon didn't have any feasible answers.

It was one stormy night that Emerald chanced upon a disturbing dream. Earlier that day, Esquire had created a void beyond their skies, preventing  someone  from interfering with his plans. In the dream, Emerald was washed far and across by gigantic waves, threatening to drown her. The void stretched out infinitely so that Emerald cannot see what lies beyond.

Suddenly, a lad's voice called out, telling her to hold his hand. But Emerald couldn't see who that person is, and she couldn't grab his hand no matter how hard she tried. When she woke up, Emerald was too tired to even fight her sobs that she ended up leaning on Conrad the whole morning.

Conrad and Stannum separately saw the same dream in streaks, hovering over the air, only to disappear a few milliseconds later, and then reappearing in the Dirty Water.

At the back of Conrad's mind, he was thankful for that dream. He then remembered the Dream Princess, Yumeko-chan. She, as elusive as she is, visits people on her own terms and whims. She dared not go near Esquire, otherwise, her power of dreams will vanish. The Frowning Knight is her lover, and she favors him with dreams every single night.

Jin sighed. He knew that in a few days time, if he can't have Jimin enter their realm, Jungkook would be done for. The hyung just hoped that Hoseok, Esquire the Warlock, would not know of his plans. And he hoped that Stannum and the Frowning Knight, Taehyung and Yoongi respectively, would get some work done.