The Mysterious Customer

The Curse of the Mask

OMG I can't believe i got such positve feedback >< thanks so muchhhhh

Anyways, you'll be seeing more of Jeongguk and you and Jimin set off together to Naslu Town!

********************************************************

"I'm pooped."

Jimin looks over and you and laughs. "You wanna take a rest?"

You shake your head. "Nah." You and Jimin are already halfway along the Geasgon Forest, meeting many new Pokemon (Caterpie and Weedle being among them) and Chimchar and Snivy prove to be good assets in your battles, since Oddish is kind of weak against Bug-types, so Chimchar would have to pitch in and help out.

Honestly, let's just say that those few battles are the first ever battles in your entire life, so you were completely lost, at least, until Jimin helped you out.

*

"You're shaking, (Y/N)." 

You shoot a glare at him, "I-It's a Rattata."

"So?"

"I've got no idea what to do."

Jimin stares at you with round eyes, "Seriously? And you want to go look for your cousin?" 

You pout at him, but the Rattata still has its steely gaze fixed onto you. "Help me out already!"

"Alright, what does your Oddish know?"

You look down at your Oddish, who is looking up at you with a confused expression. "H-How the h*ll do I know?"

Jimin slaps his forehead. "Look at the Pokedex." Following his instructions, you dig out your Pokedex and open it, the screen suddenly lighting up and a picture of an Oddish is displayed, along with its level, type, moves, ability, and even its height, weight and other miscellaneous information (that you probably wouldn't need to know about).

"Uh...Poisonpowder, Tackle..." Jimin looks through the skills list. "Uh...use Tackle I guess?"

"Oddish! Tackle!"

Oddish runs and rams at the Rattata, and the Rattata is sent sprawling to the ground.

"You can Poison it so that it makes it harder for it to attack you," Jimin says, and you nod, ordering your Oddish to use Poisonpowder. The purple powder is sprinkled all over the still-recovering Rattata, and the Rattata screeches.

"That was Growl, I guess," Jimin looks at his own Pokedex. It has the basic information of Rattata on the screen. "Oddish's Tackle will become less and less effective, but with its health levels I think one more Tackle will do the trick." 

"Alright, Oddish! Tackle!" you shout, and Oddish sprints forward again, knocking out the weakened Rattata with one hit.

"We're getting somewhere!" You pump your fists in the air and Oddish yelps, running back to you and you gather Oddish in your arms in your victory dance. Chimchar continues looking at you with a confused look.

"We're gonna go and find my cousin and all will work out well!"

**************************************************

"Hey, (Y/N)," Jimin calls and you turn around.

"What?" 

"You don't even know how to catch a Pokemon. You don't even carry any Pokeballs on you, except the one for Chimchar," Jimin observes.

"Uh...that..." you realize what a failure you are as a Pokemon Trainer and Jimin tuts, wagging his finger cutely. 

"You have to learn one day, you know," Jimin says, and he hands you a Pokeball. You pick it up from his hands, staring at it. "And?"

"Go catch a Pokemon," Jimin points towards a Kricketot eating a Persim Berry. "Like that one."

You narrow your eyes at the Kricketot. "I don't know...how to even..." 

"Just watch me," Jimin fishes out a Pokeball from his own pocket and he motions Growlithe over. He opens up his Pokedex. Immediately, the Pokedex beeps:

Kricketot. Level 4. Types: Bug. Moves learned: Growl, Bide. Ability: Shed Skin. It chats with others using the sounds of its colliding antennae. These sounds are fall hallmarks.

"Eh, nothing much we can really use here," Jimin touches his chin as he closes the Pokedex.

"So you're an expert now?"

"Well, at least I can catch a Pokemon."

You watch as Growlithe dashes forward, spitting fire at the Kricketot and the bug jumps in surprise, screeching as it releases a "Growl" attack and it quickly braces itself, landing on the ground harshly as it takes the fire attacks like a pro. Jimin looks down at his Pokedex. Health levels are getting lower and lower.

"Wait, Jimin! Something's wrong! It's not attacking!" you yell, panicking as you point to the Kricketot.

"Yeah...something's--sh*t!"

"Huh? What?"

"Growlithe! Get--!"

But it's too late as the Kricketot bursts from its braced state and rams into Growlithe, the built up energy from all its attacks sending Growlithe back to Jimin, fainted. Jimin quickly runs to attend to Growlithe as Snivy shoots forward, tackling the Kricketot and the Pokedex begins to beep. You take a look at the screen and realize its health has dropped significantly, and it's a dark red color against the white of the screen.

Jimin grabs the Pokeball and hurls it towards the Kricketot, the ball hitting it squarely on the head and the Kricketot is trapped inside the ball, unable to get out as the Pokeball drops to the ground beside the Snivy, the lock on the Pokeball flashing red thrice before it clicks, and Jimin walks over to it, picking it up.

"Well, we've got to get this little guy to the Pokemon Center as soon as possible," Jimin sighs, and he picks Growlithe up, hugging it against his chest as you and he continue walking. "Naslu Town should have one."

"Pokemon Center?"

"Geez, you really don't know a thing, do you?" Jimin slaps his forehead in mockery and you fume, hands on your hips as Chimchar copies your pose.

"Seriously! You only know these stuff from your books!" you accuse, and Jimin grins. 

"Well, better than knowing nothing. To be honest, I've never been to a Pokemon Center in my entire life."

You and Jimin carry on walking, and you learn that a Pokemon Center is for Pokemon to get healed extra quickly, where Audino or Chansey will help in the recovery of the Pokemon.

Jimin and you carry on walking for a while more, until you see something blocking your path. Actually, in your path. It's not actually blocking. It's sitting there, giving you the deadliest gaze it can muster. Well, not very deadly. Considering it's a Scatterbug.

Your Pokedex beeps and you open it, watching as words line the screen.

Scatterbug. Level 3. Type: Bug. Moves learned: Tackle, String Shot. Ability: Shield Dust. The powder that covers its body regulates its temperature, so it can live in any region or climate.

"You wanna try capturing it?" Jimin asks, pointing to the Pokeball you're still squeezing the life out of. "By the way, Oddish looks tired. You might want to ask Chimchar to help you with this one."

"Right, okay," You clench your sweaty palms. You've got this. You hold the ball, staring your opponent down and the Scatterbug doesn't seem to want to let up. It continues staying in its stance, and the Scatterbug screeches as it runs forward, attacking Chimchar in a "Tackle" attack.

"Chimchar! Dodge it!" You yell, and Chimchar springs away, managing to grab onto the nearby tree branch and swing itself back at the Scatterbug, claws raised and the Scatterbug rolls away, dodging the Scratch attack and silk flows out of its mouth like a jet of water, the string wrapping itself around Chimchar, binding its arms and Chimchar, losing its balance, falls backwards on its rear end.

"Chimchar!"

Chimchar looks around, panicking, and Scatterbug catches it off guard, using Tackle as Chimchar falls to the ground, still bound by the string.

"You might want to switch out here. Remember you can switch out anytime during the battle if, like, your Pokemon gets too low on health," Jimin reminds, and you nod. Maybe now's a prime time to do so. You call out Oddish and grab Chimchar, getting it away from the battle as you try to find a way to cut his binds.

"Oddish! Poisonpowder!"

Oddish obeys and sprays the familiar, scentless purple powder onto the Scatterbug, which is too slow to dodge, plus the powder covers a wide range of area. Oddish then goes on offence, ramming the Scatterbug repeatedly with its Tackle, and the Scatterbug is sent slammed into a tree trunk, exhausted and injured, and it's poisoned.

"I think it's okay now, you can throw the Pokeball," Jimin says, and you nod, taking the Pokeball in your hands and you aim. You hurl the Pokeball, (almost expertly, you'd say) and the Pokeball hits the Scatterbug. The Scatterbug is brought into the Pokeball and the Pokeball falls to the ground, again flashing red thrice before clicking.

You walk over to the Pokeball and pick it up, turning it around and around and you look at the Scatterbug inside of it, staring back up at you with an annoyed expression.

A realization dawns on you. You just caught your first Pokemon!!

"Oh-em-gee! For the sake of Hoopa!" You yell, pumping your fists in the air and you even run over to hug Jimin awkwardly.

"Uh...okay," Jimin pushes you gently away from him as you clutch the Pokeball. It's your first capture ever! 

"You can give nicknames to your Pokemon too, y'know," Jimin says.

"Nicknames?" you look at the Oddish and Chimchar (its binds were cut open with a branch) and then back at the Scatterbug. Maybe nicknames won't be a bad idea.

"Alright then, I'll name you Dish, and you Chim," you say, beaming. "Like, y'know, Chimchim?" You finally look back at the Scatterbug. "And I'll name you..."

"Please let it not be Bug."

"It's Scatter, dumb*ss! Why would I name it Bug?" 

******************************************************

You and Jimin finally reach the small city of Naslu without any other problems. It seems the sea was right beside you the whole time, and you can smell the salt of the sea and you can even see the Wailmer in the distance. You and Jimin walk along the cobblestone paths and you love the quaint feeling of the town as you see people passing by. There isn't even a dock, unlike Bausn where people unload fishes all the time.

"Let's check into the Pokemon Center," Jimins, and the two of you head into a building with a large Pokeball design on its billboard.

"A room for two," you hear Jimin tell the lady at the counter.

"You know, I thought you'd be as clueless as me on this adventure...and as broke," you say as Jimin fishes out some money to pay for their room fees.

"Well, whatever you say," Jimin nods, grinning. "At least I'm more street-smart. Unlike someone here I know."

"Yah, shut up, Jimin!" you laugh, slapping his arm. 

The two of you head over to your room after the Pokemon got healed up. It's only late afternoon, so there's a little time to explore the quiet (supposedly) Naslu City.

"You think we might meet Jeongguk here?" you wonder aloud as Jimin's Snivy and Dish walk between you two, the two of them already becoming close friends (just because they share a type), and soon, Scatter and Kricketot will too, along with Growlithe and Chim. 

"I don't think so," Jimin says, with a note of finality in his voice. He doesn't seem to like Jeongguk much.

"Hey, look at that! Naslu keychains!" you drop the topic of Jeongguk immediately as you walk into the store, and you notice a customer looking at the various different designs of the keychains, seemingly unable to decide on one, but he's dressed entirely in black, with even a black hood covering his face as he dips his head.

Not thinking much about the shady character, the lady at the counter proceeds to educate you with the different keychains they have, ranging from Charmanders to even Lugia keychains. They're all made from Naslu's special clay and according to the lady, they all carry a special charm.

"Like this one," she holds up a shell-like keychain. "You can hear the voice of someone you love if you put it to your ear." 

You take it from her hands and you put it to your ear. Indeed, you do hear Acacia's voice ringing through your ear, and her smiling voice is enough to pull you into a trance, at least, until Jimin breaks it. 

"Hey, you okay?"

"Huh, why wouldn't I be okay?" you ask, pulling the shell away from your ear when you realize Chimchar is hanging onto your neck, its body pressing against your back, making you feel slightly warm.

"You're crying," he points to your cheek, and you wipe at it ungracefully.

Maybe hearing the sound of Acacia's voice twists your heartstrings. One day without her and you're reduced to a mess.

"Hey, hey, it'll be okay. We'll find her, alright?" Jimin bends down so that he's eye-level with you. "Look, she'll be okay."

You nod, and turn to the lady, who seems to have disappeared and is busy with that hooded customer. The hooded customer is buying a funny-looking keychain, with a yellow mask on it. He nearly bumps into you on the way out, and the bell atop the door of the shop rings as he leaves.

"He looked suspicious," Jimin states plainly and you nod. He does.

You turn back to the lady, and realize her Shinx is right next to her. You pay her the money, and she waves a goodbye to you.

"Well, there goes three hundred Pokedollars," Jimin looks through his wallet and you smack his arm.

"It's a souvenir! I'm gonna collect something from every city!"

Suddenly, someone stands in front of you, blocking your path.

"A souvenir from every city, huh?" her head is lowered, and she looks pretty menacing, even in the light. She has an Amaura standing next to her, and she has necklaces, bracelets and jewellery all over her body, shining in the sunlight, the jewels ranging from emeralds to rubies to sapphires.

"Who are you?" Jimin grits out, and Growlithe leaps forward, barking, hackles raised.

She smiles slowly. "Well, I am..."