Spare me a chance

The Curse of Park Jimin

- Busan - 14 February 2017 -

Jimin looked down at the wet shirt he wore. The shirt was now clinging to his body like a second skin. The water in the tub was no longer warm, but he didn't mind it a bit. The water in the bathtub was full, leaving only his upper chest up to his head outside the water. The coldness started to numb him a little bit, but he couldn't care less. At least this would be better than living a loser life. He always heard the saying, one without soulmate is somebody who had lost the meaning of life . Jimin pulled the sleeves of his right hand, and slowly he caressed the skin on his right shoulder - the place where Yoongi's name was written. He couldn't help it when his tears started to well up his eyes. He didn't know how long he will live without his soulmate, but one thing for sure, if given the chance, he would have died beside his soulmate the day his Yoongi died.

The door suddenly opened wide as someone slammed it open. Jimin was startled a little, and before he could process what happened, a flash of violet caught his eyes as he felt a strong grip on his hands, yanking him out of the tub onto the floor. He fell with quite a loud thud, with the water spilling out on him like a wave. He heard a soft huff before he felt his cheeks burned. He looked up and saw Taehyung, his palm still wide opened, threatening to slap him again.

"Tae..." He whispered softly before he closed his eyes, cringing as he saw Taehyung's hand coming fast towards him. He sat, curling smaller as he waited for Taehyung's palm to slap him in the face again, before he felt an arm taking him and embracing him. The smell of Taehyung's cologne struck him as he sighed in the familiar scent.

" Jiminie please, don't do this. I want my ChimChim back. I miss you." Taehyung whispered ever so softly, followed by a soft sob. Jimin was startled - not because of the hugs; they pretty much hugged each other every single day, with Jimin being clingy and super cuddly and all - because Taehyung actually came for him. He pushed Taehyung a little, trying to wriggle off from Taehyung's cuddly grip.

"Taetae, your shirt will get wet," Jimin said as he chuckled a little. He could feel Taehyung stiffened a little, before Taehyung released him and smacked him on the chest.

"You dip! How could you worry about my shirt when your life was almost ending?" Taehyung yelled, making Jimin's ears burned a little from the sudden intrusion of the high pitched voice.

"Am not! I was just...bathing ." Jimin said, the last word was barely heard. Taehyung smacked Jimin's head, making Jimin winced in pain.

"Ouch! Are you trying to get me dead?" Jimin hollered.

"Jimin, you've been moping around for two months already, ever since you saw his grave. Just quit it already!" Taehyung said a little bit desperately. Jimin shook his head and took a glance at Yoongi's name again.

"You don't understand, Tae. He's dead. My life was shattered, Tae. I have no hope for love anymore. Do you know how much I've waited for him to come to me? And now, he came to me dead." The words felt like needles on his tongue, and his heart was sliced into pieces the moment he realised Yoongi will never be his.

"Don't you dare, Jimin! Don't you dare! Look at me, no, look at me!" Taehyung said as he cupped Jimin's cheeks and forced Jimin to look at him directly in the eyes. "I dodn't know who is this Jung Hoseok either. For all it's worth, he might as well be dead. Don't you see the point? You are living your life now, not Yoongi's. Yes you won't find love anymore, but would Yoongi be happy seeing you like this?" Taehyung reasoned. Jimin looked at Taehyung's eyes, before his eyes faltered as he sighed and glanced sideways.

"Answer me, Jimin! Will he be happy?" Taehyung said as he tugged Jimin's attention back to him. Jimin's eyes widened a little, before he shook his head.

"He won't be," Jimin muttered softly, before Taehyung hugged him tight.

"Then please, live for him. And for me." Taehyung replied, almost pleading. Jimin sighed a long sigh, before he nodded softly and hugged his best friend. Jimin nodded, and sighed.

"Right now, the one thing I wished the most is that somehow, God will spare me a chance to meet him in this lifetime." Jimin mumbled, loud enough for Taehyung's ear to catch it as Jimin hugged him tighter.

**********

- Seoul - 14 Februari 2117 -

"Hello, young man. I am just wondering, what happened to the baker here? The cakes and bread are not as delicious as before." A soft, shaky voice greeted Taehyung's ears, and Taehyung quickly turned around, smiling his usual bright smile as the view of a familiar old lady greeted her.

"Hello, Madam Lim. It's nice to see you today~ Yes, the baker? Well, usually the owner of the bakery does it himself, but - just between you and me - he wasn't being himself lately. And he rarely came too." Taehyung said, a hint of worries were very clear in his voice, making the old woman scrunched her face a little.

"Oh, whatever it is, I hope he will be fin- Oh dear!" The high pitched shriek the woman let out made Taehyung jumped a little as he quickly turned to see what the woman actually saw. Right behind him, Jimin was standing, trying to find something before he snatched a tissue right on the table top in front of Taehyung. Jimin didn't even spare Taehyung and the old woman a glance as he walked out. Taehyung was dumbfounded, not because of Jimin's sudden appearance, but because of Jimin's state himself.

Jimin's white shirt was torn in a few places, and a few blotches of blood splattered across his shirt. Not to mention, the dripping blood coming down from Jimin's forehead, clearly from a fresh new gaping wound. The scabs on Jimin's hands and cheeks haven't even healed, and yet he had another new wound coming. Taehyung gritted his teeth and fisted his hand in agony. He turned and gave a forceful apologetic smile towards the old woman.

"I'm sorry Madam Lim. I'm afraid I have to go and tend to him." Taehyung said, and waited for the woman to nod her head understandingly, before he threw a sincere apologetic smile and went away, calling for his co-worker to cover the counter for him. He rushed out from the cashier section quickly and headed straight upstairs. He always knew Jimin would be up on the rooftop whenever he wasn't feeling good, and lately, Jimin had been spending his time over there, mulling over the unknown Jeon Jungkook. Either that or Jimin will be out somewhere and came back later with a bloody head somehow.

Taehyung didn't even bother to let Jimin knew his existence. He just smacked Jimin's head in the back, earning himself a string if curses coming out from Jimin's small mouth. Jimin was about to complain but Taehyung will never hear about it.

"Why is it that every time I saw you nowadays, you will be covered with blood? Every single bloody time!" Taehyung said, clearly frustrated as he looked at his best friend, who is wiping the dripping blood of his eyes and forehead. Taehyung went closer to the said boy and pull the boy's head softly as he inspected the wounds.

"Multiple wounds, and quite a deep one. You need to go to the hospital. Or should I call Jin hyung to come here?" Taehyung asked. Jimin shook his head and looked at Taehyung, his eyes sharp.

"If you came here just to nag, then you can off." Jimin said, his language harsh, but his tone was not. If Taehyung could guess, he would say that Jimin's voice sounded tired, and hurt.

"No I won't. You living like this is not okay. Definitely not okay." Taehyung replied as he knelt down, his eyes levelled with Jimin's head as he took the tissue from Jimin's hands and wiped the blood softly. Jimin hissed a little when Taehyung dabbed the wounds a little harder.

"Oh, don't be such a softie. You go out and brawl about here and there, yet you can't even withstand this kind of pain?" Taehyung mocked, earning a glare and a soft mumble of 'Shut up, stupid, I am not a softie " from Jimin.

"Jimin, this is not healthy. You can't mask your hurtful heart with physical pain. You'll end up suffering." Taehyung looked in concern as he sat down next to Jimin. Jimin just looked up at the clouds and shook his head.

"Who said I am hurting? I am not." Jimin argued.

"You are such a loser, and a loser in denial as well." Taehyung deadpanned, earning himself a smack from Jimin. "It's true. Just admit it. Since you saw Jungkook's grave, you've been acting reckless. In fact, you've been into more fights than before. Is that really necessary?"

"Well, if it make me die faster, then yes, it is." Jimin grumbled.

"Oh shish! Just because your soulmate is dead, doesn't mean he wants you to be dead as well. If you really love him that much, you might as well take care of his family for him." Taehyung suggested nonchalantly. Jimin perked at Taehyung's words before his lips softly curved into a silly smile.

"Tae, you could be a genius!" Jimin beamed while Taehyung facepalmed himself.

"I didn't expect you to be so dumb! I was talking sarcastically!" Taehyung said, but Jimin just shrugged him and stood up.

"Well, I have made my mind. Shouldn't you be happy now that I decided to live?" Jimin asked, making Taehyung gasped a little before Jimin slowly walked away, limping a little.

"You dip!" Taehyung yelled, and Jimin chuckled lightly as Taehyung lurched towards him and tickled him a little.

**********

- Seoul - 1 August 2017 - 

"Jiminnie! Jimin! Chim chim!!! Hey! Wait up!" Taehyung panted, looking at his best friend that was walking slowly at the far end of the road. He knew Jimin was on his way back from the class, and seeing how slowly he walked, Taehyung could guessed that Jimin had just finished his dancing lesson as well.

Upon hearing Taehyung's voice, Jimin stopped abruptly and turned his body, only to be greeted by the waving Taehyung rushing towards him. Jimin greeted back by smiling as wide as he could, the rush of euphoria coming into him. Despite the tiredness coming in, Jimin smiled when his best friend came to him, and hugged the other tightly.

"Oh, Taetae! I miss you!" Jimin exclaimed as he Taehyung pushed him a little and huffed.

"You reeks of sweat. Eww! Get away from me!" Taehyung exclaimed, to which Jimin pouted a little.

"Fine! No food for you tonight!" Jimin said playfully as he rolled his eyes. It is always Jimin who cooked their food, ever since they moved to Seoul to pursue their degree. They have been applying at the same university - although different major, Jimin in Dancing major while Taehyung in Vocal - and accepted at almost the very same time. Since then, they have been living in their shared home together, paying the rent half each person.

The house that they lived in was not far from the university, just around 15 minutes walk from their faculty. The rent was affordable, and they don't really mind walking to and fro every single day (except for when it was raining or the weather is too cold). The apartment was not really big, but cozy enough for the both of them, so they are not complaining.

Jimin was a heavy coffee drinker ever since he tried to drown himself in the tub a few months before. Taehyung knew pretty much that Jimin was trying hard to forget his soulmate, so he didn't say anything when he heard Jimin's soft pattering footsteps in the adjacent room at 3 in the morning, dancing his heart out. Although it is clearly taking some tolls on Jimin's body - it made him even more tired although his body is much more built now compared to before - but Taehyung honestly didn't know how to tell Jimin to quit, so he figured that he will just go along with Jimin's antics, at least for now.

So, every single day, Jimin will drag Taehyung into the coffee cafe on the way to their home from the university. Taehyung knew that Jimin always get the strongest shot of Americano for himself, and Taehyung usually passed since coffee is not really his thing, though he enjoyed drinking it sometime. However, today, he felt a little bit happy out of sudden and the image of the Cherry Frappe on the menu above the cashier counter looked pretty inviting, so he offered himself to order their drinks and asked Jimin to sit down. Jimin obliged, sighing comfortably as he sat on the chair.

Taehyung head to the counter and quickly pointed to the Cherry Frappe.

"One Cherry Frappe and one Americano please!" Taehyung beamed lightly, before he turned his attention towards the barista. The barista looked cute, he thought to himself. He gave the barista a really big smile as he handed the money. The barista apparently has the same bright smile (probably even more brighter) as he shot Taehyung a smile too.

"Alright, Sir. Your drinks will be prepared soon. Name to put on the glass Sir?" The barista asked, to which Taehyung nonchalantly answered "Kim Taehyung" while glancing towards Jimin. The barista fell silent, but Taehyung can feel the barista's eyes looking at him.

"You are Kim Taehyung?" The barista asked, his eyes wide in shock. Taehyung nodded lightly, his smile disappeared as he was confused a little.

"Yes, I am Kim Taehyung. Is there a prob-" He stopped abruptly when he saw the name tag of the barista - "Jung Hoseok". Now, both of them froze, and Taehyung kinda freaked out a little. He was almost hyperventilating before he felt a soft tap on his shoulder.

"Taetae, what's wrong?" Jimin asked, his voice is as soft as ever.

"Minnie, I think I found my soulmate." Taehyung whispered to Jimin without breaking his stare with the said 'Hoseok". Taehyung smiled a little, and he swore he could see the other was blushing a little before he said a soft 'hi'. Meanwhile, Jimin just looked at both of them before he bit his lips as his heart clenched in pain at the word 'soulmate' and jumped in excitement because his friends had found his long time happiness.

**********

- Seoul - 1 August 2117 -

"Faster!" Jimin hissed slowly, urging Taehyung to follow faster and he met by the grumbling grumpy Taehyung. Jimin's foot was bleeding a little bit, and his pants had a big hole gaping near the back of his thigh, all because of the scrapings against a chunk of glass that he had broken earlier before when they were trying to sneak into the Town Hall and Library. Right now, they were safely inside, and was running (Jimin was half running and half limping) towards the Archive section where Jimin supposed all the records of human beings living on the earth should be.

Although since 2060, most of the thing goes digital (to lessen the amount of paper used and to save our environment), but records from before the digital times were still preserved in the books and paper form. So, in order to get the best of everything, Jimin figured that they had to break in the Archive section and get more information from it.

"It's ing 3 in the morning! Tell me why are we doing this, again?" Taehyung asked, a hint of annoyance started tosurface. Jimin stopped and just looked at Taehyung before smiling sheepishly.

"Well, we are definitely going to get more information about this 'Jeon Jungkook'. Like you said, now I am devoting my life to taking care of his family for him, so I have to at least get to know his family. And yes, I tried hacking into the archive digital system, but their security was really hard to breach, and my hacking skills wasn't that good." Jimin concluded. Taehyung just gasped in horror.

"Jimin, we can actually do that in the daylight. Why are we here at 3 when I should be having my beauty ing sleep?" Taehyung replied, almsot yelling. His voice echoed through the walls. Jimin cringed a little before he pouted a little.

"I can't. It would become a mess if the people saw me here. The Busan's mayor son is going to the Library? Hell no!." Jimin said, before he took a look at Taehyung's face, and smiled sadly. "Please?? You know how much this means too me." Jimin said, his voice low with plead. Taehyung grumbled as he pulled his hair, sighing in defeat. Jimin smirked when he saw the defeated expression on Taehyung's face.

"Let's just get this over with." Taehyung said  as they walked casually, entering the archive section. Jimin lurched to the main computer and quickly typed in 'Jeon Jungkook' in the search menu. It took only a few seconds for the results to come out, and Jimin skimmed the results as there were a few Jeon Jungkook living in Korea now. After a few moments, he noticed the soulmate's name written in the profile section of the search result, and Jimin quickly find his name. Within a second, he found the 'Jeon Jungkook - Park Jimin' written at the bottom of the screen. He clicked that, and a new pop-up windows came out. Jimin dragged the windows on the screen on his left.

The list that was written on the screen freaked Jimin's out. He tried to process the information, and called Taehyung afterwards. "Taehyung, come here. Look at this." He called. Taehyung quickly came and stood beside him, looking at the screen. He was a little surprised as well at the information.

Search results:
Jeon Jungkook - Park Jimin | 1 September 2097 - Present
Jeon Jungkook - Park Jimin | 1 September 2070 - 20 July 2092
Jeon Jungkook - Park Jimin | 1 September 2043 - 7 June 2063
Jeon Jungkook - Park Jimin | 1 September 1997 - 1 September 2039
Jeon Jungkook - Park Jimin | 1 September 1906 - 13 October 1968
Jeon Jungkook - ???        | 1 September 1901 - 2 June 1904
Jeon Jungkook - Park Jimin | 1 September 1844 - 25 December 1890
*earlier records are in the booklet*

"Whoa, what do this means, Jimin?" Taehyung whispered as he clicked on Jimin's name. Jimin swatted Taehyung's fingers away from the screen, but when another pop-up came, Jimin dragged it to the screen in front of him, so that the new window was placed adjacently with the 'Jungkook search results' windows. Jimin gasped at the result of his name. He can feel his legs wobbled a little.

Search results:
Park Jimin - Jeon Jungkook | 13 October 2095 - Present
Park Jimin - Min Yoongi    | 13 October 2068 - 20 July 2092
Park Jimin - Jeon Jungkook | 13 October 2041 - 7 June 2063
Park Jimin - Min Yoongi    | 13 October 1995 - 1 September 2039
Park Jimin - Jeon Jungkook | 13 October 1904 - 13 October 1968
Park Jimin - ???           | 13 October 1899 - 2 June 1904
Park Jimin - Jeon Jungkook | 13 October 1842 - 24 December 1890
*earlier records are in the booklet*

Jimin pressed his lips together, creating a thin line out of it. "Who is Min Yoongi?" Jimin mumbled slowly, but Taehyung seemed to hear it as he shrugged his shoulder, and clicked on Min Yoongi's name. Another same search result pop-up windows came out, and this time, Jimin dragged it on to the screen on his right. He could clearly see the three screens altogether, and suddenly everything seemed related.

Search results:
Min 
Yoongi - Park Jimin | 19 March 2093 - Present
Min
Yoongi - Park Jimin | 19 March 2066 - 20 July 2092
Min 
Yoongi - Park Jimin | 19 March 2039 - 7 June 2063
Min 
Yoongi - Park Jimin | 19 March 1993 - 1 September 2039
Min 
Yoongi - Park Jimin | 19 March 1901 - 13 October 1968
Min Yoongi - ???        | 19 March 1897 - 2 June 1904
Min 
Yoongi
- Park Jimin | 19 March 1840 - 24 December 1890
*earlier records are in the booklet*

Jimin clicked his hands together, and then he highlighted a few lines from each of the screen. "I think I can get it." Jimin said after a while. Taehyung looked at him questioningly.

"What is it?" Taehyung asked, and Jimin frowned a little.

"Okay. This is gonna be a little bit complicated. Anyway, you see, this screen pretty much shows who is whose soulmates, and the time frame for them living. Look at my name. It started with my birthday, 13 October. So I bet that Jungkook's is 1 September, and the Min Yoongi is 19 March." Jimin started to explain. Taehyung nodded a little.

"Got it? Okay. Then the second dates must be when one of us dies. Look, Jungkook has died a few years back, but the record still wrote 'Present on mine and Jungkook's name. Because I haven't died yet, so that means the relationship is still ongoing although Jungkook has died." Jimin said, pausing a little for taking his breath.

"But you see, - if I am correct - I believe the past Park Jimin is my past lives. But what makes me feels weird though, is how can I be associated to Min Yoongi as well?" Jimin asked. Taehung looked at the highlighted screen.

"Well, you see, when you are with Jungkook, Min Yoongi still exist and tied to you. But you are with Jungkook. And the same goes when you are with Min Yoongi. Perhaps, you are tied to two soulmates?" Taehyung tilted his head, thinking deeply. Jimin nodded and mumbled 'Perhaps' softly.

"Jiminnie, look! When you are with Jungkook, the end of your relationship is the same date as Yoongi's. Maybe he died when you died, despite you are attached to Jungkook in that period of time? Wow, you guys probably didn't even met with each other at each time period." Taehyung showed Jimin the highlighted date again, frowning even deeper.

"Ew. Don't call me with pet names. You know I don't like it. Anyway, yes. I guess so. Does this means, Jungkook always died ahead of me whenever I am attached to him? The same with Min Yoongi too. He died before me, because clearly, Jungkook died when I died the time I was attached to Yoongi." Jimin analysed. "This seriously ed up. Why am I living in a ed up life?" Jimin hollered.

"And look. There is one line where all three of you are paired with unknown. Why is that?" Taehyung inquired softly. Jimin looked closer, taking his time thinking.

"Because all three of us haven't reached 21 years old. So they didn't know who our soulmate is. But from the pattern, I daresay that I was supposed to be with Min Yoongi." Jimin said. Taehyung nodded.

"Wow, this is bad. So....Will you find this Min Yoongi instead? He didn't die yet, in the present. And he is destined to be with you." Taehyung looked at Jimin as he stared at the screen wordlessly.

"No. I am not destined for him in this time period. I want Jungkook, and only Jungkook will be mine, and I'll be his. I don't ing care about this Min Yoongi." Jimin said hastily, before his eyes captured something.

"Wait, Taehyung! Look at 100 years before us. This Jimin is supposed to be with Yoongi. This means that Jungkook has no one, right?" Jimin exclaimed softly as he clicked on Park Jimin - Min Yoongi | 13 October 1995 - 1 September 2039. Jimin read it for a while, and smiled softly.

"Look here, Yoongi died before Jimin even turned 21. So this means that Jimin here has lost Yoongi, just like I did. So....." Jimin smirked a little, but Taehyung was already shaking his head.

"No, you can't! Meddling with time and histories is not something of our power, Jimin!" Taehyung started to panic.

"Calm down silly. I heard of someone inventing a time machine, but he was taken custody and the machine was destroyed, eh? I think I know just what to do." Jimin mumbled slowly. Taehyung smacked Jimin at his head.

"Wake up, idiot! You can't go back to the past! Definitely not!" Taehyung warned.

"Yes I can and I will. I think I deserved to have a second chance of meeting my soulmate, and thisPark ing Jimin from the past deserves to meet his Min Yoongi. And you should know better that no one can stop me." Jimin replied, shutting the mouth of Taehyung. He smirked in victory when he saw Taehyung flinched.

"Fine! Suits you! I am not gonna help you or anything. You are doing this on your own." Taehyung said angrily before he stomped off. "s!" Taehyung yelled in frustration as he walked away, and he could hear the soft mad chuckles from Jimin. "Oh Lord, my friend has turned into a crazy man." Taehyung grumbled silently as he waited for Jimin outside the Archive Section. Although he was mad, but he can't really blame Jimin. He knew how important for Jimin to meet his soulmate. He sighed, and silently, he just prayed that everything will be fine.


Yass~ I finally done updating~
Honestly, I've been having chapter block for all of my story. I am kinda depressed lately, thing shave been piling up and everything seems so wrong.
But I managed, so I am okay now. :)
Hope you have a fine day!!!