chapter 5

Coach

Taemin's stomach twisted when he saw Minho and Minseo walking into the sport center, the little girl let go of her father's hand and ran at him announcing her arrival before she went to the showers to change for her class, his eyes linked awkwardly with Minho's and he forced a smile on his face as the man got closer to him.

Three days passed by since their date and his pathetic try to get a kiss from Minho, to be fair the man sent him a message the next day but Taemin hadn’t answer.

"Hi…" Minho said now as he was in front of him.

"Hi" the boy said shortly, he wished something will interrupt them and save him from this embarrassing moment.

They were quiet for a while before Minho said "even 'I'm sorry I don’t think it will work' could have been an answer"

Taemin looked like a child as he lowered his gaze and shrugged, luckily Minseo came out of the showers right on time to save him.

"I'm ready!" she called gleefully and Taemin sent her to wait by the pool.

"I think we should keep it professional even after our unsuccessful date, I know it wasn’t ethical of me to ask you out and I'm sorry, let's not make it weird. I think we should meet and talk about Minseo's classes schedule so it won't interfere with school-"

"I thought we had a good date" Minho cut him off "it wasn’t unsuccessful date"

Taemin shut and gulped, his heart pounded wildly in his ears "…so, why haven’t you…" he bitten his tongue so he won't make a fool out of himself.

Minho looked at his puffy lips for a moment before he glanced at his daughter who seems to be bored from all the waiting "we could talk later, over a cup of coffee maybe? Or would you like to go to a restaurant?"

The boy frowned at him but said nothing.

"…well, restaurant it is"

"We don’t need to-

"It's a date" Minho cut him again.

Taemin stared at the soft smile on the man's face and sighed, fine, they could call it a date.


 

 

"Oh, and Appa…"

"Hmmm?"

"I've asked Taemin Oppa if you could swim with me one day, like you said you will"

"Oh…you did?" Minho asked surprised as he pulled the car in front of their house.

"Yeah, he said of course and that you should bring your trunks next time"

"He did…"

"Yeah, would you swim with me?"

Minho could break his daughter's little heart or just say yes "well-"

"Oh, Appa, aren’t we going to Unnie?" Minseo forgot about her question when she suddenly saw their house, she was too busy blabbering all the way home that she haven't noticed.

"Not today sweetie, Amber has a date" Minho said thankful that they were no longer talking about swimming with Taemin.    

"She has?"

"Yes, so tonight it's just you and me, what would you like for dinner?"

Minseo smiled like a little devil "can we have…"

"McDonalds?" Minho asked amused while his daughter nodded "sure" he said as they got out of the car and made their way into the house.


 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

Taemin looked at Minho as he got into the water, he was beautiful, the kind of beautiful that made butterflies spread all over his body, his broad shoulders and narrow waist were wrapped by a golden skin, his fine abs looked so delicious…somehow it felt wrong to eye him while he was swimming with his daughter but he couldn’t help it, he was charmed by that man.

When he finished class and Amber's girls went out of the water Minho came in to be with Minseo, she looked so happy to spent some time with him at the water, swimming wasn’t matter at the moment – just jumps and dives.

Smiling to himself, Taemin sat at the stairs in the shallow water and watched from afar, he sat for almost half an hour before the two were ready to go out.

"Go to the showers, sweetie…" Minho said as his daughter swam out of the pool. Taemin raised his body from the stairs and got into the water when Minho swam closer to him "you're still here?" he asked surprised, he was too busy with Minseo that he hasn't noticed the boy.

"Yeah, I need to lock here, Amber's class was the last for today"

"Oh, I'm so sorry…we made you wait? You should have told-"

"It's ok" Taemin cut him off with a sheepish smile, the man was so close to him that it made his knees tremble.

Minho smiled back and stood in the water taking another step closer to the boy "thank you…" he said quietly "Minseo and I never swam together, it made her really happy"

Taemin nodded with a smile, they haven't talked since that day at the sport center when Minho kind of asked him out on a second date, he promised himself he won't get any high hopes, the man probably did it out of pity anyway, so when Minho closed the distance between them and cupped his cheek with his big hand he felt paralyzed.

His long fingers brushed against his earlobe and sent shivers down his spine as he lowered his head and pressed their lips together.   

Surprised by the sudden kiss Taemin groaned softly deep in his throat before he closed his eyes and parted his lips to let a hot tongue invade his mouth smoothly and him. His legs felt like jelly and warmth washed his body, he raised his hands and held Minho like it was the only thing to save him from a nasty fall, one of his palms rested on his waist while the other one squeezed his hard bicep, being pressed against Minho's body and taste him felt so good that when they separated small disappointed sound escaped his lips.

Opening his eyes Taemin looked at Minho and his puffy lips like he was savoring the taste of their kiss "why?" he asked quietly.

Minho let go of him and took a step back before he opened his mouth to speak "it's been awhile since I went on a date with someone and I wasn't sure about the kissing rule on the first date"

Taemin muffled a soft chuckle, that was the sweeties excuse he ever heard but he believed him that it was the truth.

"Appa, I'm ready!" Minseo's voice made them both turn and look at her, she stood patiently by the entrance holding her bag in her small hands.

Minho nodded and turned his gaze back at Taemin "well, daddy's duty never ends, can I call you later tonight?"

"Yeah…" the boy said with a smile and watched Minho making his way out of the water.


 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~


 

Taemin held Minho's hand as they made their way out of the cinema, the man by his side talked about the movie they just saw with appreciation and admitted he hadn’t thought that the boy had good taste in movies. Taemin played hurt just to get an apologetic kiss before he smiled and hugged Minho's arm tightly.

They were together for a while now, almost a month but who's counting? Dating Minho reminded Taemin how pure and innocent new love could be, yeah, it was…love, for him, he had no idea how Minho felt and he wasn’t ready to ask him yet, when the time would come he will, so far thing has its own pace.

They got into Minho's car and drove to Amber's apartment where Taemin left his own car and Minseo waited to her father, she called it 'girls' night with Unnie' while Minho called it 'babysitter' so he and Taemin could date.

When they arrived Taemin got out of the car and leaned on it door, he waited for Minho to go out as well and when the man got closer to him he arched his arms around his neck and pressed their lips together with a soft kiss.

"Good night…" he mumbled into the kiss before he pulled his lips away, Minho who wasn’t ready to let go yet pulled his small body from the car's door and invaded his mouth with his hot tongue making him groan softly in his throat.

When their lips separated Taemin chuckled and leaned to kiss Minho's cheek, now it was time to say good night for real "I'll call you tomorrow" he promised as he made his way to his car, Minho watched him for a moment before he got into the building and headed to the second floor.

 

 

 

"I have to pee" Amber said as she got up from the couch, she hopped with her crutch to the bathroom leaving Minseo by herself, the girl who was busy with her coloring book haven't even lifted her head, however when she heard the sound of Minho's car getting into the parking lot she let go of her crayons and jumped over the cushions to look outside the window.

Seeing Taemin getting out of her father's car made her frown, when she saw her father getting closer to him and kiss him her eyes widened and her heart pounded wildly, what was her father doing?! Why he was kissing Taemin Oppa?!

"Sweetie, you want some more pizza?" Amber asked when she got back into the living room making her look away from the window.

Confused the girl looked at her and shook her head.

"Get away from the window, I don’t want you to fall"

Minseo did as been told, still confused, she couldn’t understand why her father had done it, why he was kissing her teacher it was something that he done only with-

Her trail of thoughts cut of when the doorbell rang, Amber opened the door and her father walked in, while Amber kissed his cheek and smiled at him Minseo felt anger rushing through her body for no reason…or maybe there was a reason?

"Sweetie…?" Minho called, his daughter hadn’t ran toward him like she always did.

Minseo got down from the couch mechanically and walked toward her father's hug, she hugged him slightly before she went to take her stuffs.

"Everything is alright?"  Minho asked Amber.

"She was fine…" Amber said now that she noticed Minseo's behavior, the girl passed by their frowning faces and went toward the elevator.

"I'll talk to her on our way home" Minho said and leaned to kiss Amber's cheek as goodbye "thanks for watching her"

"No problem. You two had fun?"

"Yes, we went to see '71 into the fire', you should see it with Henry"

Amber nodded and they both said goodbye, Minho got into the elevator where his daughter waited quietly, he pushed the button and they moved down.

At the car, while Minseo fastened her seatbelt Minho started his car, he drove slowly out of the parking lot and when he was on the road he glanced at his daughter who watched outside the window solemnly.

"Hey…what happened? You don’t look well…"

The girl turned her head at him, she wanted to ask her father about what she saw, why he was kissing Taemin but she was embarrassed "my stomach hurts" she lied, not so smart considering her father was a pediatrician who could tell those kinds of lies.   

"What have you ate for dinner?"

"Unnie and I got pizza"

"When the pain had started?"

Minseo started to regret for lying "I don’t know"

"No more junk any time soon, ok?"

The girl nodded feeling like she avoided any farther questions, she was wrong because when they got home and she was in her bed ready to sleep her father decided to check her.

His hands squeezed her stomach gently in few spots before he let go, her stomach was soft and nothing seems to be wrong, she haven't even moved when he touched her, what brought him to realize nothing was hurts.

"If you're in pain at night, come and wake me up, ok?"

Minseo nodded.

"Good night, sweetie" Minho said and kissed her forehead before he turned off the lights and got out of the room.

Minseo never lied to him before, he wondered why she did now, was she going to ask him to stay at home tomorrow instead of going to school?

Kids at her age lied to their parents often to get what they want, he wasn’t used to it with Minseo, she was a good kid but… she was growing up and puberty is just around the corner.