Chapter 1 : Perfect Life

Overthinking Love

 

 

"Kim Min Yeong, will you marry me?"

"Yes."

-

 

Waking up to Chan Yeol next to my bed every day is truly a blessing. I've never thought that this day would come, but here I am, having the chance to prepare breakfast for him, listen to all his matters, looking at him, sending him off work, and waiting him to be home. It has been great 5 years being with him. How time flies - few more weeks till the 5th anniversary. From Day 1 till now, I would never forget what we've done and pass together all these while.

But some things have changed recently, with Chan Yeol getting promoted to Corporate Officer of the consulting firm, he is busy at work for almost.. everyday.  As his life partner, I've understand how work is really important to him, especially at his age now where he wish to climb the ladder to the highest, and all he is doing now is just for the sake of our family. However, does time really no longer matter to us...?

 

"Good morning,love." Chan Yeol kissed my forehead as he button up his white formal shirt. I looked to the right where my alarm clock is, and it pointed 8AM. Rewinding back to yesterday, I remembered Chan Yeol only came home at 4AM plus only went to bed at 6AM, he had only 2 hours of sleep. This is ridiculous. "Am I still in my dream? Why are you waking up so early for? I'll go and prepare breakfast." I quickly pushed my blanket away as I slip my foot to my bedroom slippers. "Hey hey, its fine. I'm leaving soon already anyways. I have a meeting with a client today at 9. Can't afford to sleep longer." he said as he looked into the mirror to comb his hair. He was saving every bit of his time, even while he is talking- he would be multitasking. I really wished that we could have time, would not mind even if it is only a few minutes or hours, to sit down, cuddling and talking to each other. "Min Yeong-ah." he called again while you were zoned out. "Yeah. I get it. Catch you in lunch together in the afternoon?" I asked while grabbing his cold hands. "Hmm, not today. I have to visit my client site. I'll be back for dinner, okay?" he smiled, feeling guilty. "Sure, promise. You better get going." I smiled in return, as he walk off from our room.

-

"Morning, my dear sister-in-law." a soft lady voice called from behind. 

"Omo. Its you, Jin Hee. You almost scare me." I breathed heavily. I quickly toss over the bread and sausges cooking on the pan, before it get overcooked.  "Surprise!! But I guess you are way used to it, you know me too well." she chuckled as she grab a sit at the kitchen, looking forward for her breakfast. Jin Hee is Chan Yeol's younger sister who is very hyper but sweet at times. She is currently still a student pursuing a degree in the university, hence, she usually stays in the dorm for convenience. Sometimes, she come over to our house without any notice to sleepover. I treat Jin Hee like my little sister, as she is still young and need to be taken care of. 

"Here you go." I served her breakfast with an additional of scrambled eggs, because it is her favourite. 

"Omo, shinja. You always cook me the best breakfast." she smiled as she grab her cutleries to start eating. "Of course. Look at you, getting skinnier as days go. Don't you eat at your dorm? Chan Yeol would be so worried if he see you like this." I said while looking at her. "Well, I doubt he even have the time to notice that." she teased while taking a big spoon of the scrambled eggs to . "Eat slowly, or not you are gonna choke, Jin Hee-ah!"

"Where is oppa by the way? He is still in bed, isnt he?" Jin Hee asked curiously.

"Ani, your oppa left since 8. When he left, you were the one who is still dead asleep in bed." I chuckled. 

"He must be crazy."

"Jin Hee-ah, it is not nice to say your brother like that. He is just really busy at work. Try to understand, araso? He will be back for dinner tonight so you stay too alright?" I smiled.

"Araso. Make sure you cook my favourite dishes." she smirked. She then received a text from someone. "Unnie, I think mum is coming over later today. She just texted me." Jin Hee spoke while showing her Whatsapp to me. "Omo, shinja? What time is she coming? I have to get ready..." I panicked for a moment. "Gwenchana unnie, you don't have to worry. I will make sure when she comes, I would be busy talking to her till she only notices me." she snuggled.

"Aish."

The reason that I panicked when mother-in-law says she wants to come over... was because of the pressure. I respect her just like how Chan Yeol does, but she tends to be extremely picky with everything around our home. She would be asking me if I have taken care of Chan Yeol well, cleaning the house or doing my job, showing how untrustworthy I am to her. I keep everything within myself and not let Chan Yeol know how I feel, because I just do not want him to be worried for such small issues. 

-

-Park Chan Yeol, Corporation Officer-

Hansung Strategy Consulting Firm

"Mr. Park, after this meeting you would have to rush over to Port 3 to catch up with HuaYang Corporation, and later at 1pm, you will have to meet Namsam Corporation to sign off the contract, and later at 5, you have a teleconference with the Singapore headquarters to discuss the agendas."  said Young Mi, the secretary of Chan Yeol as she continue put the documents on Chan Yeol's desk.

"Araso, you may leave."

"Looks like someone is being really busy lately huh." Changmin knocked at his door.

"Well, as usual. Probably its because you were not doing your work well." Chan Yeol hinted while pointing the files that are piling up at his desk- pending for his clean up. Chan Yeol and Changmin are both close friends and colleagues. They have been working with each other for years, hence they are used to the way of talking sarcasticly or in other words, being honest. Changmin is one of the most experienced consultants at the firm, but he is very picky and persistent in choosing clients that he only wishes to consult. 

"Hey.Hey.Hey. Why would you say that?" he smiled, and walked towards the chair infront of Chan Yeol. He took a seat while Chan Yeol was busy signing off the documents required. "So, hows work?" he asked. "Clear enough. Look at the files piled up right behind you, look like I am not getting any sleep tonight."he pointed with his Mont Blanc pen at his tip of hand. "Well, my apologies to Min Young." he gasped.

"Why?"

"Because I've made work become the reason that you could not spend time with her."

"Yah, what are you talking about?"

"I am just being honest. I've seen you these few days and I know you well, you have been spending time in the office way more than at home. Time to go home, my friend. You look really exhausted."

"Well, my suggestion, if you accept and take up this client, perhaps you would help me to gain some time and have the chance to dine at home with Min Young for dinner tonight. Pity me please?" he smiled and handed him the file, with the client's information, plus a take or leave it face.

"Seems like I got into trouble. For you buddy, I will." Changmin smirked as he accepted and took the file. Chan Yeol laughed on Changmin's overacting skills as he walked out from his room. After that, Chan Yeol took his phone out from his pocket and entered his passcode. It has been hours since he last checked his phone. As he unlock, he noticed a few whatsapp messages coming in.

"Soju tonight!!! Come!!  " - High School Friend TaeKyung

"Football and drink tonight?" - High School Friend HyunJoong

"Oppa I am at your home now!! Keke" - Sister Jin Hee

"Reminder for body check up, buddy!" - Doctor Jung

"Yeobo, I am cooking your favourite sweet and sour pork tonight. Cant wait to see you. <3 " - Wifey Min Young

He smiled as he read his wife's message. No matter how tired he could be, Min Young is the one who could make it better for him. He appreciates everything that I had done for him. Suddenly, it came running to his thoughts that he has been away from home and you due to work. While he has time now, he quickly texted back.

"Min Young ah, thanks for being by my side all the time. I miss you, even when I am at work. See you" - Husband Chan Yeol

He then added,

"And make sure my sister do not burn the house while I am away. Reminder: she can be really crazy. - Husband Chan Yeol

Not even a minute yet, Min Young texted back and it couldnt help for Chan Yeol to smile broadly.

 

"Pabo. Anything for you." - Wifey Min Young
 

I felt relieved whenever I receive his text. It has been a while since we last joke and texted each other. 

Sooner, the secretary came knocking to Chan Yeol's room, with a worried face. 

"Mianhae Mr Park. I guess, tonight you will have to be fully booked too." she said.