Don't Push Yourself

Our story

---

It’s been 2 months and she still – she seems- don’t care about it –if you know what I mean-. It’s not that I don’t care; the truth is she is too busy with her work and I’ve done anything to at least remind her about it –But, yeah, I’m busy too-. My company is having its anniversary and yet we have to work –super- hard to get all the work done before the day comes. Documents, meetings, and all of work related things sure get me exhausted. I don’t even have any quality time with Amber because of no-holiday-until-the-day-comes and endless flight to meeting in various countries. I may sound busy –I am-, but I kind of hate it.

“Honey? You looked pale, are you okay?” she asked.

“I’m okay. Just too exhausted to go work today,” I said while sitting in the dining room.

“You should take your time off. You’ve been so busy this past 1 month, I’m worried, you know?” she said.

“No, I’m okay. Thank you sweetie,” I said. She placed her hand on my forehead.

“You have a fever, honey. Can you just stay at home at least for today?” she asked.

“I’ll be okay. I promise. I’m heading out. Take care of yourself,” I said and go to work.

It sure was hard. Working while having a fever is tough. I wish I just followed what she said to stay at home.

“Mr. Wu? Are you okay? You looked pale.” My assistant said.

“No, I’m fine. Just not feeling well,” I said. I stand up but my head felt heavier than before.

The next time woke up, I found myself sleeping in a white room. It must be hospital. I tried to get up, but I felt dizzy.

“Hmm… Honey? I’m glad that you’re awake,” She said. Yeah, she’s here, I wonder why. It must be my assistant who called her.

“How long have I been sleeping?” To be honest, I didn’t remember anything.

“You’ve been sleeping for 1 day. I told you to stay at home, right? And this is what you got now,” she scolded me. Don’t worry, I’m aware about it.

“I’m sorry, sweetie. It’s just my company wouldn’t believe me if I make any excuses,” I explained.

“I already told your assistant, and I’m taking responsibility if you or he got scolded by the GM. He said yes,” she said.

“You don’t have to do that. I can’t rest if my work is piled up,” I said and get up.

“Won’t you hear me just once? Please, Kris, you need to rest. I don’t want to see you like this,” she said and hugged me when I’m about to fall a while ago.

“But-“ Before I finish my words, her hug tighten.

“Okay. I want to rest and I’ll be your patient now,” I said and face her to hug her.

She treated me like a baby. She even does her job at hospital just to stay with me. I know that I’ve said it to you a lot of times, but I just I can’t help to say it again and again that I love her. It’s not because she is kind or loved me, I just love her for the way she is.

After 4 days staying at hospital, I finally went home. I know 4 days are too much, but I can’t help it since my wife said so.

*sneezing*

“Sweetie, are you okay? Don’t get sick. Sorry you’re sick because of taking care of me,” I said.

“I’m okay. I guess I catch that cold, but I’m okay,” she smiled.

No, she’s not okay. I knew it. But, I’ve planned to ask her about babies and stuff -if you know what I mean-. But my timing is just bad. The first time asked her, she said she’s not ready. The second time is just embarrassing me.

*flashback*

She’s in the kitchen now, washing dishes. I came to approach her and hugged her –as always-.

“What is it, honey?”

“Hmm, nothing. Just want to do it,”

“I know it. You can’t hide it from me,” she chuckles.

“What? It’s nothing. Really,” I said. She’s done and faced me.

“So, what is it? My galaxy honey?” she asked.

“How about tonight?” I asked and she shocked.

“Ha? Are you sure?” she asked.

“Am I not serious enough?” I asked and tickled her.

“Hahaha, no. Please, hahahaha, I can’t,” she laughed and tried to run away.

“Yes, you can,” I said and still tickled her. Then I carried her to the bedroom.

“Now, you can’t run anywhere,” I said as I’m on top of her.

“Yes, I can.” She said.

“No, you can’t, Llama.” I said confidently. Then she chuckled.

“You sure trying hard, but unfortunately I’m on my 2nd day of period now,” she smiled. Oh no!

“Ha? You are? Oh gosh! Why didn’t you tell me, sweetie? Sorry,” I asked in shock as lying beside her.

“Honey, no need to feel sorry. Next time, okay?” she said and kissed my cheek.

“Okay. Let’s go to sleep now. I love you, Amber,” I said and –as always- hugged her.

“I love you too, Kris,” she said.

*flashback*

I’m embarrassed. How can I forget her cycle day? It won’t happen again. That makes me looks like I’m in a need. Oh gosh! Just remembering it makes me embarrassed. Why did I do that?

“Honey, I’m sorry I didn’t prepare anything for you. I’m not feeling well,” she said.

“I told you, right? Take a rest, okay? I’m here for you,” I said.

She’s lay the bed with blanked. She sure was tired and the hospital’s AC makes it even worst.

*phone ringing*

“Hello? Mom?” It’s my mother-in-law.

“Baby? Why did you sound like that?”

“Hmm? I’m not feeling too well. But I’m okay,”

“Are you sure? How about Kris? Is he okay?”

“He’s okay and he’s right beside me. Why mom?”

“It’s just I missed you two. Why did you never come to our house?”

“Mom, we’d like to but Kris’s company is going to hold a big event. He can’t leave even a second. I told you about this in the hospital, right?”

“Yeah. I just met you about 3 days ago and it already feels like a year,”

“Mom, I missed you too.” I give her a signal to talk to Mother.

“Mom, Kris said he wanted to talk to you,”

“Ah, okay.”

“Mom, it’s me. How are you doing?”

“I’m fine, my boy. But, my baby doesn’t seem she’s okay. Is there something wrong?”

“No, it isn’t mom. Maybe she just caught a cold.”

“Oh my! I’ll get ready and go to your place,”

“Mom, thank you but you don’t need to. Please don’t worry. I’ll take care of her.”

“You should. No, you must. She’s my precious baby,”

“Okay, okay. Don’t worry,”

“Okay then. Get well soon and bye. I love you,”

“Love you mom,”

Such a caring woman, right? I guess Amber got her caring, cute and sweet side from her mother. The first time I saw her –Amber’s mother-, she smiled a lot, and she accepted me even treated me like his son.

“Kris?” she said and her body started to tremble.

“Hmm? What is it?”

“I think I catch a cold,”

“I know. I told you to take care of yourself, right? In the end, you worked too hard and catch a cold,” I said.

“That’s my word. Mr. Wu, you’re the one that catch a cold first. I just can’t stand the AC,” she said. Well, it’s actually me but now she is the one that is sick.

“Okay, okay. I’m sorry, okay? Now, let me nurse you, my Llama,”

“Yes, doctor.” She said.

“You’re such a good patient,” I said.

“I am. Not like someone who is thinking too much about work but not his health.” She said and again it’s me.

“I’m sorry, honey. Now, rest. I’ll bring you medicine and food to make you feel better,”

“Are you going to cook?” she asked.

“Yes,”

“Really?” she asked again with sparkling eyes.

“Anything for you, my love,” I said and then went downstairs.

I cooked. Yeah, sounds weird. But, anything for my wife. My sister once told me how to make a simple dish like soup or porridge. I’m not sure about the taste but at least I tried.

“Amber? Are you awake?” I said softly.

“Hmm, yeah.” She sounded like she just woke up.

“Sorry for waking you up. You have to eat and take your medicine,” I said like a doctor.

“But, my head felt so dizzy,” She said. I helped her to sit and give her water.

“I’ll take care of you, my giant baby,” I said and get a –weak- death glare from her. Kind of cute, if I must say. She took her first spoon full of soup. I think she enjoyed the soup.

“We need to switch role, I think,” she said.

“I don’t get it,”

“You’re so good at cooking while I’m bad at it. Maybe I should be the husband and you are the wife,” she said. I laughed when I hear that.

“No way. Stop thinking about unnecessary things, baby. Just rest,” I said and give her the medicine. After drink her medicine, she lay on the bed. I cleaned up and lay beside her.

“Thank you for taking care of me,” she said.

“You’re welcome, honey. I’m your husband, anyway. I’ll do anything for my cute wife,” I said.

“That’s sweet. You should rest, okay?” she said and hugged me. I wish time would stop at time like this.

“I will. Get well soon and I love you, Llama,” I said and kissed her forehead.

“I love you, my galaxy,” she said and slept.

---

Hi, Guys!!

How was it? I hope you enjoy it...

Thank you for all the comments and the subscribers :3 I love you guys!

From now on, I'll post the next chapter late. Because I'm preparing for my college orientation :):)

College life T^T 

But I'll do my best to update longer and faster :)

Please give your comment and kindly subscribe :3

See you on the next chapter guys!