Naps.

Comfort

Youngjae could see the bags on Daehyun’s eyes. No matter how much the latter said that he had tons of rest on the numerous vring U he did while they were overseas, Youngjae knows the numerous “rest” didn’t seem to give the vocalist the same morning glow he usually had.

He wasn’t any better off anyways. They were on their last leg of the tour and the past 2 weeks had felt even longer than any other period. Youngjae’s nights had not been peaceful as well. They were all fatigued from staying away from where they call home, and all they had were each other.

The younger’s nights consisted of him tossing around on his single bed roomed with JunHong who would usually pass out as soon as his head touches the pillow. He would never admit but he was used to the snores that the other vocalist would make when the four younger members fit onto his and Jongup’s room back in their dorm.

Never would he admit to the others. He would never admit he missed the warmth of sharing the single bed with the other vocalist. Especially not since he had talked about it too many times to the fans.

Once they’re back in their dorms after weeks, they all headed to their rooms. The two oldest seeming to m be getting ready to go out, while the two youngest passed out on the sofa of the living room. Youngjae dragged himself to his and Jongup’s shared room and flopped himself on the bed he was so used to.

Not long after a creak came from the door. Youngjae didn’t bother to turn his head to see who walked in.

Soon after, a mess of dirty blonde hair appeared next to him, occupying the space on his small bed. The other’s eyes were closed as he lay next to Youngjae, taking up the pillow he was also using.

“Ah, now this feels more like it,” the other said.

Yoo Youngjae’s heart did not just flutter. And no he did not just blush. But yes his eyes was wide open at the sudden shake the bed made. He was definitely not surprised by the other. Yeah. Nope.

It wasn’t long until Daehyun was snoozing away. Youngjae couldn’t turn his head away, his eyes fixed on the other vocalist’s features. His eyebrows, lids, nose, jawline, and thick lips. Youngjae couldn’t help but linger at the other’s lips.

It was not often that he gets to see the other’s sleeping face like this, usually he was the first one to sleep to avoid the other’s loud snores.

A moan came out from the older, and a hand landed on his waist, wrapping himself around the younger. The movement broke Youngjae’s trance, making him sleep on his side and his arm landing Daehyun’s torso.

No, Youngjae’s heart did not just flutter and he did not have butterflies.

“Can’t sleep?” Daehyun asked with his sleepy voice, eyes still closed.

“Uh… uhh…. I’m… fine… just sleep, Dae”

Daehyun’s breathing became even again after a few moments, creating a lullaby for Youngjae.

It wasn’t too long until Youngjae’s eyelids became heavy leading him into the dreamland he had missed so dearly.

 


“Aww… Look at them! They look so cute all cuddled up like this. If only they were so cute in real life as well,”

“Should we wake them up? We do need to go to the management,”

The two eldest stood by the door. Himchan had his phone out aiming to capture the sight of the middle line. Yongguk smiled at the sight of the two vocalists and walked out of the room.

“Let’s just leave them alone for a bit if they don’t wake up in the next hour then we wake them up” says the leader as he walks away, with the mother of the group proud of the shot he took as he slowly closed the door.

 


It wasn’t until half an hour later that Youngjae’s phone started ringing, waking Daehyun up in the process, while the younger remained sleeping in his arms.

Their legs were tangled with each other in the short nap they had, arms still around each other. Daehyun reached for Youngjae’s phone turning off the alarm. He looked at the younger who is now curled into his chest, arms tightening up around his torso, making him freeze.

Daehyun definitely enjoyed this sight most. Youngjae peacefully asleep in his arms. The few hours of sleep he got was more effective than the long hours of sleep that he got while he was on his own bed. He smiled at the sight of the younger again.

He couldn’t resist the urge to touch the other. He held Youngjae’s face, rubbing the soft cheeks of the younger. Youngjae started to stir.

“Well good morning to you.” Daehyun said smile plastered on his face.

Youngjae refused to get up and buried himself deeper onto Daehyun’s chest.

“I would love to stay in bed longer with you, but we do have somewhere to go to you know, Jae.”

The younger froze and opened his eyes quickly. Realizing his position now, he moved away from the elder. He couldn’t move too far anyways since Daehyun was still holding the other in his other arm.

Youngjae could feel the room getting warmer, his cheeks turning warm at the close proximity. Daehyun kept his eyes on the younger while Youngjae couldn’t bring himself to look at the other in the eye.

“Good morning” Daehyun said again moving in closer to bring Youngjae’s eyes to him.

“What morning, its past lunch time already, stupid.” Youngjae mumbled.

Daehyun chuckled at the younger’s remark and gets off the bed. He stretched his arms and body on the foot of the bed as Youngjae was about to bury himself into the covers again.

“nope, we have somewhere to be in fifteen, Youngjae! I’m going to jump on you if you don’t get up.” He threatened.

No noise came from the lump of the bed.

“one, two…”

“I’m up! I’m up!” Youngjae said getting himself up too quickly for his liking.

When Youngjae opened his eyes Daehyun was right in front of him, their noses barely touching with one another, their breath mingling together.

“GET OUT YOU TWO” Himchan burst into the room, causing both of them to turn to their door.

“uhm… I just ruined a moment didn’t I? We’re leaving in 5 minutes, so get ready.” Himchan stated, quickly closing the door behind him.

 Daehyun and Youngjae looked at each other again and laughed at the second oldest.

“You heard him. Get moving!” Daehyun teased, pulling the younger off the bed.

“Go get ready yourself,” Youngjae stuck a tongue out at the other as he moves to the bathroom.

“That was a nice nap” Daehyun exclaimed just as Youngjae was closing the door.

Nice indeed Youngjae thought.

Sleeping without the other next to him felt like not sleeping at all compared to this. Youngjae was definitely more refreshed now.

 


“You guys looked so cute all cuddled up with each other”

“What? When? We weren’t cuddling, we were just napping”

“Oh really? Then what is this I have here?”

Himchan waved his phone in front of Daehyun, with the photo he took just an hour earlier. The latter flushed at the photo, limbs tangled, with his arms holding Youngjae protectively in his arms, and their foreheads almost touching.

Daehyun smiled.

“Can you send it to me, Hyung?”