After midnight (Takuya)

Stay by my side

It was long after midnight. Almost early in the morning, someone might say. Your flat was dark, all lights turned off, only little shine of the moon illuminated your living room.

You were in your bedroom, curled under your blanket in your bed, slowly drowsing to sleep. Usually you went to the bed earlier, but today has been busy and you had so many things to do, so you stayed up late; luckily you didn't have to get up early in the morning.

 

You were almost asleep when you heard keys in the main door of your flat. You would think it was a dream, but soon you heard soft footsteps, noise of a bag being put on the kitchen table, and then footsteps again, on the way to your bedroom.

It took your sleepy mind a while to realize that these steps were familiar, that in fact, they belonged to your boyfriend.

 

It wasn't so unusual for Takuya to show up late, his schedule was messed up. But this was the first time he arrived this late.

 

 

You gave him keys to your apartment after he appeared in front of your house in the middle of the night for like tenth time. It was easier for both of you; you would be in a bed already, or getting ready to sleep, and he would just sneak in, sometimes eat dinner you left for him; then lie in the bed with you, sometimes talking about his day, sometimes cuddling with you, sometimes just holding you tight.

He was probably searching for a peace at your place. You thought that it would be easier for him to sleep at dorms with his band mates, he was always visibly tired, and it was quite far away to get to your place, but he still showed up. When you asked why, he simply said it's because he loves you and held you tighter.

 

 

Takuya entered your bedroom, and seconds later you felt the mattress dip under his weight as he sat down next to you. You didn't move or even open your eyes, you were too sleepy for that.

 

You heard him sight softly, then he gently ran his fingers through your hair, and you could imagine him smiling softly. Seconds later cold overwhelmed you, only to be replaced by warmth as Takuya sneaked under your blanket, lying next to you, holding you tight.

As your mind was becoming more awake with every moment, you realized that your boyfriend smelled of alcohol, and while it wasn't unusual for him to drink, you guessed he was pretty drunk right now, and that never happened before. At least not in front of you.

 

“Is everything okay?” You had to ask, because, maybe you were just imagining things, but the way he held you felt a bit desperate, it was weird for him arrive this late, his drunkenness...

 

You felt him stiffen, he had no idea you were actually awake. It took him moments to relax, and that only proved you he really wasn't okay.

 

He held you even tighter, placing gentle kiss to your hair and softly answering your question:

“It is now. Sorry for waking you up.”

Something was bothering him, you knew him too well.

“Do you want to talk?”

You heard him chuckle, then he placed a kiss to your hair.

“I just… I just want to hold you like this tonight, is it okay?”

 

You hummed in response, cuddling closer to him. He shifted a bit, holding you in tight and protective embrace.

 

Soon, he drifted off to dreamland, but you were unable to sleep properly that night.