Chapter 2

Revival

Wonwoo groans as his phone on his jeans pocket vibrates a few times. Sleepily, he fishes out the phone. He swears he'd kill someone if it's his ex asking him to go to the cinema with her. Wonwoo unlocks his phone and lets out a sigh when Mingyu's name pops out. He reads the message before massaging his temple.

"Now?" Wonwoo gets up, looking at the window. He presses Mingyu's number.

The younger boy picks up the phone after two seconds with happy tone, "good morning, Professor Kim at your service. May I help-"

"Man, this is 8 AM. You know that I don't wake up early," Wonwoo lets out a heavy sigh.

"But this surprise is brilliant. You need to come over. It's okay, you don't have to take a bath or grab a meal. I have muffins for you, chocolate muffins," Wonwoo can tell that Mingyu is grinning over there.

"What is the surprise?" Wonwoo walks to the bathroom.

"You need to come over, Sir. It's a top secret, who knows someone is actually eavesdropping us?"

Wonwoo rolls his eyes lazily as he washes his face on the wash basin, "Kim Mingyu."

"Seriously, this is great. You'll love it."

Wonwoo takes his towel outside with him. He wipes his face, "can I kick your if I don't love it?"

Mingyu laughs loudly, "you'll love it."

"I'll kick you if it's just Jeonghan can make a slice of pizza."

***

Wonwoo doesn't need to knock the door or ring the bell to Mingyu's flat. He has all the access to enter the flat. It's also not a surprise for him to when the first thing his eyes see is Jeonghan smiling at him with his awkward smile. Wonwoo gives him a small smile, "is Mingyu inside?"

Jeonghan nods happily, "Mingyu is in his room. Come in."

Wonwoo follows Jeonghan to Mingyu's office. The long haired man knocks on Mingyu's door, "Sweetheart, you have a guest."

"Tell Wonwoo to wait a bit, Baby," Mingyu shouts.

Jeonghan turns around, "you can wait on the sofa over there. I'll make a cup of coffee for you."

It's awkward for Wonwoo to see Jeonghan in Mingyu's flat even after the third month. That robot is somehow giving him a strange vibe. Yes, Jeonghan is one of Mingyu’s robots – Mingyu made a lot of human-shaped robots and not many of them survived long like Jeonghan. Mingyu made him for about a month after Wonwoo rejected his request to stay in Wonwoo’s flat. Mingyu loves Jeonghan so much, he treats Jeonghan like he is the most precious human in the world.

Jeonghan walks gracefully back to the kitchen. Wonwoo walks to the nearest sofa, sitting there while guessing what would Mingyu got for him as the surprise. He would literally kill Mingyu if the lame surprise that made him woke up early.

A faint click from Mingyu's room makes Wonwoo turns his head to the door. The giant nerd walks to him with a smug grin. He punches Wonwoo's shoulder in friendly manner as he sits next to Wonwoo, "are you ready?"

"What is it?" Wonwoo raises his eyebrows.

"Well, this is my best product. This is a bit small and probably too cute for your preference, but I bet you'll love it."

"Is it a puppy?"

Mingyu rolls his eyes, "I know you hate those fluffy creatures. This one is even better than puppy."

"What is that?"

"Woozi."

"Woo- what?"

"Woozi. I made him in less than two weeks, but he is perfect," Mingyu lowers his voice. "Almost as perfect as Jeonghan but he is smaller."

"Okay."

Mingyu chuckles, "he is a good friend and I hope he can help you recover faster."

"Recover?"

"Well, you know, your re3cent break-up."

"Man, that was not that bad," Wonwoo leans his back to the sofa.

"But, give Woozi a try. I swear he is so perfect for you. You can treat him like your flatmate or maid. He is not as perfect as Jeonghan but still, he is worth to keep. Please, please, take this as a gift for you from me," Mingyu tilts his head.

"Where is he?"

Mingyu leads Wonwoo to the back of his so-called-office. There is a secret room. It contains some complicated machine and something that looks like a huge bed. Mingyu smiles happily as he sees the thing on the bed. A white sheet covers it perfectly. He grabs the end of the sheet dramatically as he looks at Wonwoo. The latter looks unamused, he wants it to end quickly.

"I want you to meet my friend, Woozi," Mingyu pulls the sheet from the figure, revealing a small figure under the fabric.

Wonwoo takes a step closer. His eyes grow wide when he sees Woozi. He is far from Mingyu's previous perfectly human-shaped, Jeonghan. He is a bit plumpy, paler, softer, and ㅡ quoting Mingyu ㅡ smaller. His pink hair looks so fluffy that Wonwoo wants to touch it. His eyelids closed peacefully, Wonwoo wonders how his eyes look like. Wonwoo starts to touch the robot with his fingers. It feels really soft. He looks at Mingyu, "are you sure it's a robot?"

Mingyu nods proudly. He takes it as a compliment that he has done a good job.

Wonwoo shakes his head. He can't believe Mingyu made this. He scratches his nape, "I don't know."

"You know, I'll remake it if you don't like it. Seungcheol might love this one."

"Remake it?"

Mingyu shrugs, "smash him into pieces again, re-build it, re-program-"

Wonwoo doesn't understand this but he feels something attracts him to this robot. He puts his hand over the stomach part of the motionless thing, "don't."

"You'll give him a try?" Mingyu gets excited.

"Well, yeah, he seems nice."

Mingyu claps happily. He jogs himself to a drawer, takes a key from it. He stands beside the bed, gesturing Wonwoo to steps back. Mingyu pushes the side of the robot so it faces Wonwoo. Wonwoo swears he never saw something looks so adorable when they're sleeping. Well, technically it's not sleeping but the robot looks real and it almost looks like he is sleeping. A soft click from the back of the robot makes Wonwoo blinks.

Mingyu grins happily, "he is awake."

Woozi opens his eyes for the first time. His eyes go straight to see Wonwoo. Wonwoo freezes, those chocolate eyes look so calming. He shifts his gaze to Mingyu, "is it done?"

"Hello?" Woozi speaks. His voice is a bit shaky.

Mingyu helps his masterpiece to sit up, "hello, Woozi. I am Mingyu, your friend."

Woozi turns his head to Mingyu before turning back to Wonwoo.

Mingyu understands the robot looking at Wonwoo, so he adds, "and that is Wonwoo. You're going to stay with him for a while."

The components inside Woozi work. A soft sound of whizzing from Woozi's body makes Wonwoo shifts awkwardly in his place. Wonwoo nods his head a bit in a friendly but awkward manner, "hey."

"It's nice to meet you, Wonwoo," Woozi replies Wonwoo's awkward greeting with a happy voice. He even gives Wonwoo a sweet smile and that time Wonwoo swears something in his stomach wakes up and dances around. Woozi's smile is far from Jeonghan's smile.

It's not awkward, but beautiful.