Chapter 25

Still the same
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 25 

 

Seunghyeon sits alone silently, thinking about what happened. Elbows on his knees and hands clasped together supporting his chin as he stare into a plane wall, spacing out. Since the attack, he kept blaming himself for the agency's lose. 

 

Flashback

 

True enough, Seunghyeon together with Taeyeon and Heechul was too much for Yoongi's group to handle. After cleaning the mess, they made their way to their original destination which was the lobby. The plan was to hold until reinforcements comes so they helped the agents in the area together with Irene's group. 

 

It was a lot easier when they worked together but the red cloud just kept on comming and increasing in numbers by the minute. Things were tough until help had finally arrived. The agency closed all possible entrance so the military destroyed the main entrance and the troops came in and everything was slowly being controlled in the lobby. 

 

"Seunghyeonah, where are you?" Soohyun connected to Seunghyeon. "The lobby why?" Seunghyeon placed his gun to his holster and readjusts his earpiece so he could hear the other line properly. "Wait, I'll connect with Irene's group okay." Seunghyeon waited. Taeyeon and Heechul looked at Seunghyeon, wondering what Soohyun is up to since their also connected. 

 

"Agents, do you copy?" Soohyun asked everyone connected. "Copy, sir." "So, Soohyun, status update." Seungyeon inquired. "I just recieved a report that N is at the rooftop as we speak." Gasps can be heard on everyone's earpiece. "I'm at the third floor right now and I need all the help I can get. We can't let them get away." Soohyun cuts off. 

 

"Agents, you heard him. Move now. Joy, Yeri, and Tzuyu, I forbid you to fight this time. Just support the team after okay?" Seunghyeon commands with a stern voice and the girls understood. Irene, Seulgi, and Wendy rushed to the stairs followed by Seunghyeon with Taeyeon and Heechul. The director ran towards the stairs when something got his attention. 

 

"Director, where are you going?" Seunghyeon disregards Heechul's question and continued to walk. "Director, We need you up-" Taeyeon wasn't able to continue because of the sight in front of her. Seunghyeon kneels at a criticaly injured agent, checking its pulse. Taeyeon clears and repeats what she said. "I'm sorry, sir, but we need you up stairs." Seunghyeon once again disregards Taeyeon, instead, carries the bloody agent in his arms, not caring it might stain him. 

 

"He also needs me. He can still survive and I'm not taking that chance away from him. You guys help them." Heechul approached and tried to protest. "But-" Seunghyeon turned to look at the couple and glared. "Are you questioning an order? I said go and help them." The couple sighed. "Very well, sir, but we'll stay with you. We can't leave the director alone especially at times like this." Taeyeon argued and Seunghyeon gave in. 

 

"Fine. Cover me okay." 

 

End of Flashback 

 

"Are you done with your drama yet?" Seunghyeon finds Soohyun leaning at the doorframe with arms crossed. "Maybe a day or two." Seunghyeon tries to atleast lift the mood even for a bit. Soohyun sits with him on the couch. "Penny for your thoughts?" Seunghyeon sighs before speaking again. "I could have stopped them. If only I listened. If only I was there-"

 

"Then that guy would be long dead by now. Seunghyunah, you're a hero. If you were a second late from bringing him to help, he would've died. What are the chances right?" Soohyun tried to cheer his besfriend up. "Guess you're right." Soohyun violently pats Seunghyeon's back. "Hell yeah I'm right." Seunghyeon chuckled. 

 

"Sir, the leaders are all online and are waiting for you." Taeyeon informed the director. "Duty calls." Seunghyeon stands up and fixes his suit. Soohyun nods, understanding his friend. Seunghyeon was about to exit the room when Taeyeon blocked her. He raised a questioning brow when Taeyeon went closer and fixed the director's tie. 

 

It was quite unpleasant and would be a disaster if the world leaders would see it. He was too stressed to notice. He appreciated Taeyeon's thoughtfulness. When Taeyeon was done fixing the tie, she crossed her arms with an unimpressed look on her face. Taeyeon jerked her head towards the conference room. 

 

Seunghyeon scoffed. It didn't matter to Taeyeon if he was the director. The Kims were close to the Baes after all. He walks to the conference room with one last glare at Taeyeon. He puts his right palm on the scanner then entered the room alone. He's the only one allowed to be in a meeting with the leaders because its protocol unless in some circumstances. 

 

Seunghyeon entered the room and walks to the center. "Director Bae reporting, your excellencies." Seunghyeon speaks in fluent english. Seven holograms of the leaders appeared infront of Seunghyeon. Only the 'super powers' or the powerful countries are qualified which includes The U.S, China, Russia, Germany, Japan, France, and Korea. 

 

"Greetings, Director. This emergency meeting was set because of the lose that had happen and I must say that We're disappointed." The president of the United States started frankly. Seunghyeon lowered his head, feeling embarrassed with his failure. 

 

"We appeciate the years of your great service but the world is in danger and you are partly at fault." The president of China honestly added. "Director Bae" The president of Korea called to the director in English.

 

"Yes, sir?" The president paused for a moment before continuing. "I have never doubted your skills since the day I chose you to be the director of the SM project until now and I'm not regretting one bit but we can't relax now that the red cloud has the Scythe and the Double daggers. What happened on the attack was a huge lose to the world." The Korean president fluently said and the leaders nod in agreement. 

 

Seunghyeon lifts his head up and spoke. "I understand that I have failed my task as the director and for that I am trully sorry." Seunghyeon formally bows beyond 90 degrees and slowly went back to his position. "I will let you, great leaders, vote if I should step down my position as director. If you have decided that I should step down then I will gladly resign." The leaders all sported a furrowed bro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter