Chapter III

Confessions of a Hopeless Millionaire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                    CHAPTER III                                     

“Yuri and the Great White Witches”

 

 

I winced at the sudden pain I felt in my legs, just below my knee to be exact.  For over 5 hours now, I and my so called squad is grazing the whole meadow with nothing but our desire to get ourselves some lunch and freedom.  The meadow is full of unknown plants that stood tall in their serene glory, but not as tall as we are.  My inner competitive spirit is clearly showing as I take no heed of Choi Soyoung’s constant blabber to a certain pink obsessed doctor.

 

“Hey Pig! Your scalpel is gone! How dare you let us bathe in this scorching meadow just for that small piece of sharp metal?!”  Sooyoung Choi exclaimed, wiping her sweat soaked forehead with her free hand.  Tiffany on the other hand just glared at her in response, making herself busy again in finding her lost medical tool.  I find it weird how this Pink doctor happens to conduct her daily medical check-ups with the citizens in a meadow.

 

 

 

“Oh Come on Yuri.  Let us at least feel the blessings of Mother Nature.  The meadow will be a great location for my daily check-ups!”

 

 

 

I remember her eye smiling crescent eyes when she pouted at me.  Sure I am swooned but I have this doubts and right now I am regretting this crap.  We enjoyed the relaxing breeze, the amazing scenery but that’s it! Aside from the itchy bugs crawling in our skin, the heat of the sun is not helping at all.  Tiffany did enjoyed her activity but soon after we are done with our assignment assigned by Chef Noh, she screamed.  She said that she lost her favourite scalpel and she insisted to help us find it or else she will go home.  She can go home!  Tiffany and Sooyoung are both a constant pain in the considering the fact that they share the same bloodline.  Glad that Seohyun is behaved enough to just smile and whimper at her liking and disliking of the stuffs that’s been happening in the area.

 

 

For almost 3 weeks now, the four of us called Yuchiri our home.  The villagers are all warm hearted and sweet.  With their obvious traditional lifestyle, we are pampered withAigoos and pecks from the elders.  The daily kimchi making in the town hall, the late night chatter in the middle of a blazing bonfire, and our assignments and tasks which includes doing community work in the local.  I did enjoy every piece of it.  My squad enjoyed it too, even though at first they did acted like the chaebols that they are but they soon coped up with the situation.  Sooyoung now eating everything that is given in her plate and I noticed how she stutters at the mention of the name Lee Sunny.  My bestfriend does not swing that way but by the looks of it I think she did swung that way.  She swung way too high she has fallen so deep.  Tiffany, our ever loving Doctor is the miracle of all the bones in this town.  As you all know, the elders are admiring her energy and her face.  Yes, her face.  I can attest that for the past 3 weeks there is a 1:10 ratio of gender equality in her daily check-ups.  1 is female 10 is for the male.  But as long as she helps the locals, it’s great.  As for me, I’m good.  Nothing I can ask for other than this, although at first don’t like this idea.  I love this town now, I felt safe.  I gained a family.

 

“I give up! Fany, just let it go.  I can buy you as many scalpel as you want.  I’m going to be a charcoal if we stay here much longer!”  I stood up and approached Tiffany with a sullen face.

 

“Fine.  Hyoyeon and Sunny is here anyways.  It’s not that I can do anything about it, can I?” She huffed and waved at the two entities coming towards us in their small tractor.  Hyoyeon, Sunny’s bestfriend, is also my newly added addition in my squad.  A bubbly and blunt girl oozing with overflowing charisma and humour. All of the late night chatter is to be looked out for because of her.  I promise to give her a tour in Vegas if rhis immersion is done, for her to be able to party in clubs.  She said she always wants to wiggle her hips in clubs.  She is weird, I know.  A country girl who likes hip-hop.

 

 

“We are sorry we took so long.  The tractor kinda broke down.” Sunny grinned. 

“Its fine Bunny, besides Fany pig lost her scalpel so we lost track of the time.  I’m Hungry! Hurry up!” Sooyoung bellowed to the three of us, her face is pale of hunger.

 

 

“Coming Unnie!”  Seohyun waved back, dashing her way towards the mobile.

 

 

We hopped on the back of the tractor and Hyoyeon drived towards the town.  Finally, I can eat lunch. 

 

~~

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter