1/1

A storm in a shot glass

Sore loser.

 

 

Kyungsoo was having a pleasant afternoon; it was one of those rare occasions when he did not have anything to do—no cleaning, no studying, no cooking, and no work. He was happily reading the first, recently bought volume of “Haikyuu!!” and simply enjoying the fact that no one was bugging him, and by no one, he meant Byun Baekhyun, his so-called “best friend.” Later, he would probably stop by at Jongin’s house and ask if he wanted to go out for some dinner so they could catch up on the latest events of the manga world over hot and spicy rice cake and chicken porridge. Everything was sure looking good so far.

Sadly, his happiness, and peace of mind, was quickly shattered when he heard a lonely but hurried “beep” from his apartment door unlocking. Kyungsoo did not want to believe that “no one” would come to annoy him because he was with his boyfriend, but he knew it would not do any good to lie to himself, as Baekhyun was one of the other three people who knew his password. Sighing, he kept on reading, wishing for the best.

“Do you think I’m able?”

He hated when he was right.

Kyungsoo took a glimpse at his “best friend” and he knew he was in for a headache. Baekhyun looked as if he was about to have a meltdown or slap someone, maybe both; either way, the big-eyed boy did not want to deal with that.

“First, I don’t think that’s a word. Second, close the door. Third, what?”

Baekhyun groaned in an exasperated manner, going some octaves higher than a normal human could possibly go—it almost sounded as a miffed squeak. He stepped noisily until he was exactly half an inch away from touching Kyungsoo’s nose with his own. Needless to say, his manga was thrown on the floor mercilessly.

“Do you think I am able or not?” he repeated, looking so deep into his the other boy’s eyes that Kyungsoo cringed.

“Baekhyun,” He grabbed his “friend” by the cheeks and did not let go until they had a good meter between them. “Do not.”

Being the prick that he was, the other pouted in a pathetic attempt to look cute and whined a high-pitched “Answer me!” that had Kyungsoo’s eardrums begging for mercy.

“You’re out of your mind,”

Getting his manga back and checking that it was just as perfect as before, Kyungsoo sat down on the couch. Baekhyun, who had thrown himself on the floor in the meantime, was weeping as if he had just lost a close family member. As always, he was being very loud and exaggerated.

“Why do you hate me?!”

“Baekhyun—”

“Would you me or not?!”

Pinching the bridge of his nose, the big-eyed boy blinked slowly. He tried to come up with any possible reason why his acquaintance was being over-the-top and asking such things when he had a very… active boyfriend. With the beginning of a headache at the back of his head, he gave up on trying to try to understand the mystery that Byun Baekhyun was.

“Why are you suddenly so concerned about this?”

Baekhyun sniffed, pouting again and looking inconsolable. “Nothing...”

“Don’t pout.”

Contrary to Kyungsoo’s wish, his colleague did not stop pouting and kept on with his private spectacle. Sighing, the boy felt that it would be better if he dealt with the whole problem before he had to accommodate the distressed one in his house for the rest of the day. Then, he grabbed Baekhyun by his arms and placed him on the couch next to him.

“Is it Jongdae?”

As if someone had threatened to burn his Girls’ Generation collection, Baekhyun glared at the first thing he saw, which was the unimpressed boy beside him.

“He doesn’t want to me!”

Well, now Kyungsoo was sure that he made a terrible mistake. The last thing he wanted to hear was his acquaintance’s life, even if it was the lack of it. Baekhyun, on the other hand, seemed eager to discuss it.

“Why do you think that?”

“Because he hates me!” he half-whined, half-screamed as he grabbed both of his friend’s hands and began to fake cry again.

Now Kyungsoo knew that he did not have to worry about anything serious; Baekhyun was just being overdramatic again. If he was sure of anything, it was that Jongdae adored his boyfriend and no quarrel would ever change that universal law. How to get Baekhyun to understand that was the problem.

“Did he say that to you?”

“No…”

“Did you overhear it?”

“No…”

“Was it the answer to a hypothetical question someone—you—made?”

“No…”

“Are you making this up and overreacting again?”

“No!”

If one word could express Kyungsoo’s estate, that word would be unsympathetic, and bothered, very bothered. Why couldn’t he have a nice, uneventful afternoon? He worked hard, studied harder, was nice to everyone and, on top of it all, he had to deal with Baekhyun all day long. He deserved some time alone!

“Ok… So you are making this up and overreacting again. My advice? Stop it. Hope I helped you. You can go now.”

Affronted, Baekhyun let out an indignant grunt.

“Don’t be a horrible best friend and tell me if you’d want to me!”

As he could see the boy in front of him would not go back to his “normal” state—or what was considered normal in Baekhyun’s standards—, Kyungsoo tried his best to show some understanding, even though he could not care less. He pulled his hands out of Baekhyun’s stronghold and patted his back slowly. The action backfired, as his colleague understood that as a green sign to hug the life out of him.

“Baekhyun, please,”

He didn’t let Kyungsoo go, opting for holding him tighter and burying his face on the crotch of his neck. The big-eyed boy’s brain was already complaining about the lack of oxygen—and the prolonged proximity. Beaten, he patted the other’s back, pleading for mercy.

He was ignored, obviously.

“I want to die!”

Kyungsoo sighed.

Baekhyun made some weird noises that were supposed to be crying.

Someone was going to die that day.

Coming to realize that being comprehensive was not going to work, Kyungsoo decided to be straightforward, which was always the best solution when it came to Baekhyun and his dramatic episodes. The boy grabbed both his acquaintance’s ears and twisted them quickly, successfully getting to breathe again and earning some loud exasperated cries in the process.

“This,” He pointed at the distance between them, smiling threateningly, “is personal space. Respect it.”

When his acquaintance calmed down a little, nodding and apologizing, Kyungsoo let him go, ready to take him down again if he tried anything again. His ribs were practically crushed now.

“What’s the real problem?”

“Jongdae…”

“What’s up with Jongdae?”

“He despises my existence!”

“Why is that?”

Kyungsoo watched carefully as his colleague sniffed pitifully, probably trying to look sadly cute, trying; he knew something was suspicious with this whole scenario. The boy knew he couldn’t take Baekhyun’s drama too seriously because they all happened over petty things, but some part of him still cared—blame their 5 years of friendship.

“He murdered me in lol…”

There was a moment of silence before the big-eyed boy could process his words.

“As in League of Legends?” Baekhyun nodded and, look, there it went, the last care Kyungsoo could have had towards that whole situation. “I… I have no words.”

Probably because Kyungsoo looked as if he was about to punch some sense back into him, Baekhyun frowned and went back to his side. Grabbing his hand and forgetting what happened less than two minutes ago, the boy had urgency in his eyes to be understood. He could have moved an entire country with his act, but not the boy beside him.

“No, you’re not getting it!” he exclaimed, tightening his grip, “There’s a different between killing someone and murdering someone—when you kill, it just happens, no big deal, but when you murder, it’s planned. Do you get it?! He was playing with me the whole time! ing bastard…”

Kyungsoo hissed.

Baekhyun let go immediately.

“I bet he’s now playing against another person,” the boy kept on, tears threatening to come out. “And letting them win because he’s ‘an angel’ and ‘so nice’. Well, not to me!”

The big-eyed boy was speechless and fed up.

“Are seriously crying right now?”

“Leave me be!”

Kyungsoo motioned to get up.

“No, don’t leave me be!”

A desperate Baekhyun put him back down.

“I don’t even know what to say right now,”

“Tell me that you’d want to me!”

“Why are you insisting on this?!”

“Because I want to feel desired now that Jongdae spat on my life and cleaned his dirty boots on the carpet called me!”

“You are so full of ,” Kyungsoo stopped the urge to slap someone—Baekhyun—as he grabbed his vibrating phone and saw who was calling. “You boyfriend’s calling,”

“The nerve,” Baekhyun snorted, pouting just like a contradicted and spoiled child. “Don’t answer, let him suffer.”

Without a second thought, Kyungsoo did the exactly opposite.

Baekhyun glared, annoyed; his best friend was being a again—not much a surprise here, he was always being a , quite honestly. Now, he was right there backstabbing him behind his back. He should have run to Chanyeol’s house, he would have understood his pain, stood by his side like a true best friend would. But, then again, Chanyeol would probably be having some “affairs” between himself and his own hands and that was not something Baekhyun was willing to see when he was all broke down and depressed.

“It’s Kyungsoo. Yeah, he’s here. No, he’s not fine—he’s insane. Your boyfriend needs to go to the asylum,”

What a terrible best friend, Jongdae was the one who needed to go to the asylum! Urgh, just the mention of his partner made him mad. Who that ing bastard thought he was?! Just because he was good with every ing character he thought he could humiliate him like that?! No, that was not how life worked. What was he thinking when he agreed to play with his boyfriend again—wasn’t he humiliated enough last time they played together? He felt like a dumb loser now… and it was all Jongdae’s fault!

“Hold on, I’m going to give it to him... Take it.”

Baekhyun glared again, crossing his arms.

“No!”

“Baekhyun,”

Kyungsoo looked at him that way, you know, when he was one-step away from flipping at him and beating the hell out of his beautiful and totally hot body. But that was not going to work that time around, Baekhyun told himself firmly, he was not going to back down!

“No!”

Kyungsoo looked harder, his huge psychopath eyes getting scarier and his lips forming a thin line.

“Stop looking at me like that, I already said no! Ok, fine! Whatever,” His best friend could be such a psychopath sometimes it was beyond real, it wasn’t even funny anymore. Rudely, the boy snatched the phone, not caring a bit. “It’s Baek,”

Glaring back at his best friend, Baekhyun made sure to keep Kyungsoo at his side, even if it meant that he was in for some punches. He needed some moral support now.

“Hey, love,”

What a shameless person.

“Hello.”

“You’re kind of not picking up my calls,” the said, sounding a little bit uneasy, “So I just wanted to make sure you’re fine,”

“I’m cool.”

“Great! Wanna go out tonight?”

“No.”

“Oh, okay... Maybe do something at my house, then?”

“No.”

There was a moment of silence. Baekhyun was looking at his nails, acting like he was bored, even though, on the inside, he was dying to see where this conversation was going. He ignored Kyungsoo’s judgmental looking, of course—just like he did ever since they started hanging out.

“Hm... Did I do something wrong?”

And there, ladies and gentlemen, was where the conversation had Baekhyun smirking, simply because he lived for any sort of drama, especially the ones he had the upper hand.

“I don’t know, Kim. Did you?”

Jongdae sighed.

“Is this about that one game where we were practicing with our new champions and I killed you?”

The distressed boy scowled, his convinced smile was erased right there. Nudging his friend’s sides with his elbow and rolling his eyes at the phone, half-expecting him to give him some encouragement, but gaining a glare instead, he was ready to argue for his life. He really needed to start rethinking his friendships.

“Why are you talking like it happened ages ago?!” he accused, feeling very much attached. “It hasn’t even been twenty minutes! And, for the record, I let you kill me.”

“It’s about it, then,”

Baekhyun couldn’t believe this, he had an awful boyfriend! Of course, he knew Jongdae would never straight up apologize because he apparently “did nothing wrong, just playing,” but he was expecting more than that clear vocal shrug. Dumb, stupid boyfriend and his dumb, stupid reasoning—couldn’t he see that he just wanted some love?! Didn’t he love him anymore?! Was this his way of telling him they were through?!

“Why do you hate me?!”

“I don’t hate you!” he cutely whined, Baekhyun knew he was drawing his eyebrows together and pouting. “I love you!”

“You don’t want to me!”

Of course I want, babe! All the time, babe,”

“Don’t ‘babe’ me!”

“I’m so sorry, but you’re a terrible loser,”

What a ing . Baekhyun wasn’t a terrible loser, he was just being truthful! If anything, he was an awesome loser; he simply didn’t take mocking lightly, and that was what his boyfriend was doing at that one match, mocking his (incredibly awesome) abilities. He needed to rethink his boyfriend choices too, it seemed, along with choosing whether he would still bug Kyungsoo and watch his patience slowly burn away—who was he kidding, he could never let his best friend alone; he was just so damn fun to annoy.

The boy glared at the phone, one-step away from throwing it on the wall until Kyungsoo “sweetly” reminded him that it wasn’t his own phone with one mean side-look.

“Goodbye, Kim.”

“Don’t hang up!” Jongdae almost screamed, successfully surprising and turning his boyfriend half-deaf. “If you do, I’ll buy Ahri and that Superstar skin you wanted so much and I’ll turn her into my main Mid!”

Baekhyun gasped, shocked. “You wouldn’t,”

“Are you doubting me?”

“I hate you!” he shrieked loudly in response, too taken aback to process anything at the moment. “Yah, Kim Jongdae! Don’t you dare!”

“Then come stop me~” Jongdae dared, probably smirking dumbly and looking triumphant. “You have, hm, five minutes. See ya~”

And he hung up.

Baekhyun, astonished, took five full seconds to realize that fact.

Kyungsoo, who was busy reading and ignoring the ery that was happening beside him, didn’t have enough time to prepare himself for the extremely high-pitched scream that followed.

Baekhyun almost threw a tantrum right there, with shaking legs, breaking stuff and everything, but something at the back of his mind reminded him that his best friend would be very, very pissed at that. Rather, he just stuck with screaming such profanities that both Sehun and Tao would be left crying like proud parents.

“Urgh!”

His boyfriend was just ing unbelievable! But, no, he wouldn’t let that whiny get away that time, he would show him who he was playing with…! Be prepared, Kim Jongdae.

“I’m going show that idiot who’s the best and put him in his place! Who does he think he is? He’s a dead man!” The upset boy screamed one last time before he threw the phone he was holding at a confused and irritated Kyungsoo. “Talk to you later, Soo.”

Simply as that, he was gone. The door was slammed so hard it was only thanks to the damper it didn’t break.

Kyungsoo couldn’t begin to form the words to what had happened, but it sounded very much as “I don’t even know why I’m friends with you.” However, instead of wasting his energy with his stupid acquaintance, he chose to take a deep breath, close the door properly, change his password, send one of the hundreds embarrassing photos he had of Baekhyun to their friends, and go back to reading his manga.

 

[...]

 

“I wasn’t expecting this when you said you were going to ‘show me where my place is.’”

Baekhyun smirked, proud. At the screen in front of him, there was displayed a huge “victory” that had him feeling like the owner of everything. He turned to his boyfriend, sticking his tongue out and laughing to himself. Oh, sweet, sweet victory.

“Who’s the sore loser now, huh?”

Jongdae snorted, rolling his eyes. “You are.”

“Yah!”

For real, these es had no respect.

“Come on, babe,” Jongdae whined in a cute way, making his away to his boyfriend’s lap. “Are you still mad?”

It was Baekhyun’s turn to snort, stealing his boyfriend’s lips briefly.

“I wasn’t even mad, to begin with,” he said between hot kisses, “I told I let you win.”

“Whatever. Wanna do something really fun now?”

Baekhyun’s eyes twinkled, his mouth forming a small “o.”

“Like buying RP and getting that Superstar skin?! Hell yeah!”

“No, not that— Babe!” Baekhyun was out of the door with his wallet and laptop in one second. Jongdae was thrown on the floor, frowning. “And then he whines that I don’t want to him… What a loser.”

 


That’s it for now, folks, just a little something I wrote on a whim to please my mind~

I had so much fun writing judgmental Kyungsoo and dramatic Baekhyun because it is so amusing! For me, their chemistry as a couple—be it romantic or not—is that they are almost complete opposites but they still get paired up for some odd reason (God? Life? The author? Who knows?). Also, Jongdae will always be in my fanfics one way or another, he’s just my little baby who needs some appreciation.

I hope you had as much a good time reading this as I had writing it (I tried to make it funny, did it work?). Thank you for reading!

Bye~

(And have some baekchensoo as well!)

tumblr_my388v6Vxs1r1cpnxo2_r3_500.gif