Part II - Final [Sad]

The Ruddy Bridge [Double Ending One~Shot]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                Hanbi pushed past people, even inside Sehun’s house, and headed to his room. A small group of elder men was around him, debating something she couldn’t understand. The boy was laying in his bed, looking peaceful, although occasionally jumping very lightly.
                She looked at him for some moments, letting the image sink in her conscience.
                “Is it…” Hanbi turned to the men and couldn’t finish her question.
                “We believe it is.”
                “But how… He can be just sleeping, right?” she tried to force a smile.
                Hanbi knew he had an untold love. She didn’t know who she was, but he had thrown innumerous hints about it, so she knew he loved someone, and that’s why she also kept shut about her feelings for him.
                And that’s the reason a cloud of doubts was wandering in her mind at that moment. If she also had an untold love, why The Hypnosis didn’t hit her as well?
                “He doesn’t wake up,” one of them said.
                Hanbi sat on the bed beside him and took a shaky, deep breath, then shook his arm. “Sehun, wake up,” she said and her voice failed mid-sentence.
                “We tried alrea—”
                “Oh Sehun!” she shouted and shook him harder, followed by tears running down her cheeks.
                “He’s still in the paralysis stage. Once he ope—” one of the men started, but was abruptly interrupted by a loud, painful scream.
                Sehun shot his eyes open, now painted in a tinge of orange, looking up but focusing nowhere. All his body trembled, even squirmed at times, and his breathing was short and broken.
                “Sehun, look at me,” Hanbi said, grabbing the collar of his shirt with one hand.
                She felt the warmth emanating from his body; fever was also an effect, and often, the reason of death in those situations, although not the only. The physical and mental exhaustion would also contribute to it.
                “Lady, be careful,” another man warned.
                “I know!” she shouted between tears and they stepped back, looking at her with sorrow. She turned to him again and he let out another scream. “Sehun, look at me, please,” she asked.
                But he couldn’t. He didn’t have the control over his body, for his mind was making him hallucinate. Nobody really knew what were the visions, sounds, or anything that happened at the moment after the paralysis; hallucination was only an assumption. Nobody had survived to tell; the reason why The Hypnosis was considered the cruelest punishment of nature.
                “Sehun, you have to tell me who she is,” she said and grabbed his shirt with her other hand as soon as the idea popped her head.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter