Part I

The Ruddy Bridge [Double Ending One~Shot]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                The sound of the river running wild still reached their ears, despite the bridge being placed long feet above it.
                “Concentrate.”
                “E… exaggeration,” she said, very slowly.
                “Nationality.”
                “You.”
                “Under.”
                “R...,” she started, extending the sound of the consonant, and he looked at her with a small smile of anticipated victory. “Reckless.”
                “Sense. Oh, no!” he quickly snapped after the word.
                “E again, you lost!” she laughed loudly.
                Sehun and Hanbi walked through the long bridge on their way back to the village, outworn clothes in tones of brown and dark grey, and each one of them carrying a sack filled with colorful small rocks and crystals, commonly used for decorating the house, in celebrations or handmade objects. They played their word game, pinky fingers intertwined and roughly braided strands of dried liana tied around their wrists – these were exclusive.
                On the right side, a moon ascending in the sky in its crescent stage. On the way to the front, a much bigger, round, full moon that never moved from its place. And on the left side, the stunning view of the sun gradually sinking behind the green, tree covered mountains, painting the sky in assorted tons of orange. This period of the day was what named bridge. In the past, the sunset was the time when people would move from one side to the other under the reddish sky; The Ruddy Bridge.
                Scrawny Bridge for the children, who only went through it for fun nowadays, due its seemingly thin and fragile structure. It was wide enough for two people to walk on side by side, the wood path was surprisingly flat and the handrails on both sides were carefully decorated with adornments made out of very thin branches, creating a delicate aspect. Some tiny leaves and flowers even dared to bloom around it during spring. Although looking so weak, the bridge was the safest part of the village; an accident hasn’t happened for decades, and it always looked brand new. A real mystery, indeed.
                 “You always manage to win,” he said.
                She turned her head to look at him, giggling. The orange light hit his face features, highlighting the elegance of his beauty. Hanbi also had a secret passion for his collarbones and the way they looked when half exposed by the cut of his shirt in a V shape. She absorbed the view while they kept walking. Once in the very middle of the bridge, she gently tugged Sehun’s pinky finger and he looked at her.
                “The sun,” she gestured her head to the direction of the mountains.
                The sun had completely disappeared.
                They stopped and tuned their bodies to the same side they were looking and said in unison. “Thank you for one more day.” they smiled.
                Not two seconds had passed, Sehun collapsed to the ground.
                Hanbi looked down at him, shock clearly stamped in her eyes. A light shiver ran up her body as her hand – the one he had his finger tangled with – started shaking. Part of his bangs were covering his eyes and the sack of rocks and crystals was placed beside him.
                Why only him? We are together here. He’s on the left side, where the sunlight hits the most, but still… And the moon… Her thoughts rushed, spiraling around through her mind. She turned around to look at the big moon only to see it half blue and the other half white, and bright as usual. When she turned back to Sehun, he was comfortably laying on his side, o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter