A wish(??)

Wish upon a Star(light)

“True love is impossible to magically replicate.” Sowon began in a professional tone. Sanghyuk held up his hands and waved the notion away. 

“Oh no, no, no. I don't want something so serious, what I want is something like, affection you know?” Sanghyuk smiled nervously, wringing his hands. Did he sound too bratty?. “I want my hyungs to show me their affection, I guess.” 

Sowon raised an eyebrow. “VIXX doesn't baby their maknae?”

Sanghyul sighed. “Not so much since their maknae's height shot up and he grew muscles.”

That had been fantastic at first, beating his hyung's at something. (Also laughing at the managers whenever he showed them ‘what has Jellyfish Ent. been feeing this boy’ memes.) Later, as Jaehwan's cuddles and Hakyeon's hugs grew less frequent, not so much. 

Sowon nodded in understanding and she put her hand into her bag, rummaging for something. Sanghyuk saw her hand sink in to it's elbows into the tiny, ten by ten centimetre book bag of apparently infinite content, and reemerge with a clipboard-and-pen set.

“Sorry, paperwork comes with everything.” She said with an apologetic shrug. (This felt like a strangely well used line.) 

Sanghyul raised an eyebrow. “Even wishes.” 

Sowon nodded seriously. “Even wishes.” 

She ticked off several boxes, of which Sanghyuk tried to discretely peak at. It was to no avail- the paper was written in convoluted, packed lettering. Sanghyuk pulled back his head as Sowon ticked down a row of boxes and turned it over to hand the now slightly glowing clipboard to Sanghyuk. 

“Please sign on the dotted line.” Sowon said, as the mentioned dotted line sparked. Sanghyuk took the pen with a sense of nervousness as the reality of the situation dawned on him. There was a girl with two meter dove wings sitting across him, in a pressed white dress uniform, offering him a possibly magical contract which would grant him a wish. 

As the first signs of hyperventilation began to appear, Sanghyuk focused on his life motto. 

Roll with it. Roll with it Sanghyuk. Roll with it! 

“You can hyperventilate you know.” Sowon assured brightly. “It's perfectly normal. We even had standardised paper bags.”

“Great.” Sanghyuk wheezed. “Loan me one.”

Sowon passed him a light blue paper bag with little star motifs. 

-

“Okay.” Sanghyuk breathed. “I just want my hyungs to pay more attention to me. That's it.”

Sanghyuk wrung his hands one last time and handed the now signed clipboard back to Sowon. His signature was glowing an alarmingly bright pink, and the pen had happily bounded after it's paper counterpart to scribble intelligible notations into various boxes.  Sowon nodded and examined the paper, now thoroughly inked, with a twinkle in her eyes. 

“A short and simple wish.” She said, a layer of humour under her voice. Sanghyuk's gut felt a twinge, like he'd just missed a joke. Sowon continued. “Alright. Go to sleep tonight, and when you wake up tomorrow the wish will be in effect. Have a nice day Hyuk.” 

“Er, okay. Thanks. You too.” Sanghyuk fumbled as he pushed open his windows. He watched the angel climb into his window sill, beyond which Sanghyuk found to be no longer viewing the sky outside. It seemed that his window had become a portal, through which Sowon disappeared into. 

Sanghyuk was likely to have stood there for the whole day, debating the state of his mind and the questionability of his memories had his phone not rang sharply. 

This ringtone, loud and obnoxious, he had set for the managers.

Sanghyuk loaded up his screen and groaned as he saw the message. 

Variety show tmr at 9. Pick up at 7.30. Be well rested. Look presentable! 

Right, they were going to christen some short web show with an idol special. Sanghyuk sighed and headed for his shower. Busy even on his birthday, as expected of an idol. Sanghyuk decided he would just leave the wish affair to tomorrow and sleep. 

-

5th July, 2016
1pm

“Help!” Sanghyuk screamed as Hakyeon and Minseok went tumbling off the banquet table and into the pool, where Seokjin had climbed onto Jaehwan to scream bloody murder into his ear, a loose paintball from Jungkook and Sehun's float fight flying past. Below the thick drapes dangling from the ceiling, Sanghyuk clung on desperately as Sungjae, Mark and Wonshik fought manically over each other trying to climb the drape. 

Sowon stared down at the chaos (a tear was almost shed when Taekwoon planted a pie into Jackson's face) and winced. (She had most definitely swore when Chanyeol dipped Namjoon into the punch.) 

“Well this seems… out of hand.”

A cameraman ran past Sanghyuk, a PD close behind yelling, “Catch the action catch the action.”

“This was not what I had in mind!” Sanghyuk yelled up to Sowon. “What the hell is going on?”

“That's the problem!” Sowon said. “I have no idea!”