Nine

Cherry Blossom // Alt Title: What Comes Around
​A/N OKAY SO I CAN'T WRITE THIS KIND OF THING ToT *stressing* I'm sorry for how woeful the depiction of the events in this chapter are~ I tried, but x.x I'm a bad writer of this genre >.< regardless, please enjoy :3 i love you <3 yes, you xD deal with it! Haha, thank you and enjoy <3 (editing this chapter to Jjong's song Moon was a bad idea... You'll see why xD)
 
••
 
The days building up to the art exhibition had passed with almost the same regularity as they always did; Jinki would work tirelessly to complete a new piece to feature and would become consumed by his paints until he did so. Minho would call occasionally, check up on his friend in the most-yet-least subtle of ways, and Yoogeun would become increasingly demanding, particularly considering it was only three weeks and four day until his birthday, and, for some odd reason, the toddler was all too aware of this.
 
The only thing that had been different in Jinki’s life was Jonghyun.
 
The musician had provided a constant distraction that was verging on detrimental. Whenever Jinki was squinting his eyes to perfect the curvature of light across the paisley-print sofa he was painting, his phone would buzz in his pocket with a never-too-smooth attempt at a conversation starter, usually something along the lines of What colour of tie matches a white shirt? or What's the perfect hairstyle for an art exhibition? Although Jinki had scoffed with each mobile vibration, he'd also taken no hesitation in replying, and if he'd scolded the younger, it was only in joke-ridden passing. It seemed the younger knew just how much Jinki wanted to talk to him, and Jinki realised in return how likewise entranced Jonghyun was.
 
But now it was the night of the exhibition, and Jinki was nervous.
 
He gazed in the full-length mirror with the most sceptical of gazes, eyes falling upwards and downwards as he charted his appearance.
 
He looked good. Well, at least, in Ji​nki standards. His hair was styled chicly and his suit was sophisticated – but not too strict, a pinstriped navy number and a loose-fitting tie, that Minho had once said made him look pretty important if he was styled correctly, because then it defined his features, and Jinki didn’t have bad features. He was also wearing an old, yet memorable, fragrance, which was sensually inviting, although he wasn’t quite sure what the actual scent was meant to be of.
 
Jinki leant in closer and inspected his eyes, widening them and then squinting, brushing his fingertips over his lips and smoothing down his shirt.
 
He'd been overthinking things recently, he supposed, but a thought had occurred to him that he couldn’t quite shake. He'd asked Minho’s parents to babysit Yoogeun for the entire night, simply because he knew that a movie night with Jonghyun probably wouldn't end early, and that it would be ill-mannered to come knocking on their door at 2AM, rising them from their sleep and Yoogeun from his dreamland. They'd only been too happy to oblige, sedating Jinki’s worries, but after sorting the babysitting and his outfit for the evening, a new doubt had come to mind, one he couldn’t quite calm, no matter how hard he tried.
 
For some reason, Jinki had been struck by a school-day memory of Minho, one that linked well to his plans for the evening – he supposed that was why he'd remembered it.
 
On a limpid evening, sharing fast-food in a dingy restaurant with Minho after he'd ran rings upon rings around the school’s track fields, his friend had bequeathed to Jinki some very helpful advice for two young men: "If you ever want to have fun with a girl, invite her for a movie night, because you'll get more out of it than a movie."
 
Jinki had swatted his friend – who had, admittedly, been far less about treating others fairly back then and more about his 'golden reputation' – and had lectured him on the ways of not sounding like a selfish prick, but he couldn't deny that he'd discovered the advice to be somewhat fitting. It was how he'd spent his first night with her, after all.
 
But now the roles were reversed, and he had been invited to a so-called movie night – but they were both men, so surely it didn't have the same implications, did it? He'd already imagined feeling Jonghyun curl up against him during the film, had practically felt the soft serenade of Jonghyun’s lips as the credits rolled, but Jinki hadn't let his mind drift any further, hadn’t wanted it to, because the thoughts that it entailed created an empty flutter in his stomach and a prickle up his spine. Jinki clenched his fists, his bottom lip and exhaled.
 
It was no secret to himself that he wanted Jonghyun, in every way imaginable, but it was also no secret that he had very little idea of what to do if he had him. Jinki had never become so intimate with a man – even kissing Jonghyun had the quality of a first kiss – and to go even further was something that had been perplexing him. He didn’t know if he could do it, if he could devote himself in such a way to anyone, but particularly a man. Jinki didn't know what to do, how to act, how to show Jonghyun he liked him if Jonghyun initiated such closeness. He didn’t know anything, and it was beginning to scare him.
 
He breathed slowly and rubbed an eye. Jonghyun wouldn’t force him into anything, and Jinki trusted that. He could just as easily abandon the movie night as attend it and Jonghyun would surely hold no qualms over him. It was just that Jinki didn't want to abandon the idea of snuggling into Jonghyun and watching a film, didn't want to abandon the idea of feeling those soft lips against his again, didn’t want to abandon the idea of going further than he ever thought he would with a man. The concept of doing so just simply terrified him.
 
Nodding to himself, struggling to drag up any reserves of confidence, Jinki left his room, to drive over and pick up Jonghyun.
 
•••
 
Though Jinki wished he could have stated otherwise, he hadn’t taken his eyes off of Jonghyun the entire evening. Even when they'd become split up by the various other guests who exchanged light touches for flirtations or fluttering eyelashes for boastful anecdotes, his gaze had been enraptured.
 
The large ballroom of the stately mansion – once home to the royal but now a hotel for the rich – exuded a colour so different from what Jinki was used to. Large chandeliers cast pretentious glances from the well-adorned ceiling, and the orchestra that played was one of serious joviality. Suited waiters presented canapés and some of the top eyes in the business sought out work they deemed as being of any remark, but so far very few had halted by Jinki’s paintings. On other occasions, this would have aggravated Jinki, but not tonight, for his mind was focussed on other things.
 
Even amidst the dandy flower-boys from in and out of city, Jonghyun was by far the most handsome man in the room. His suit contrasted with his features, a suave black that juxtaposed well with Jinki’s own double-ed jacket, and his grey shirt only served his demeanour well, highlighting the tanned contours of his skin. As soon as Jinki had seen him, he'd practically choked on nothing but air.
 
Though vulnerable in normality and a visage of a pure innocence, this evening Jonghyun had contracted into something much more, someone with a more dominant persona, and it was sending Jinki’s thoughts in a relentless torrent of directions. He cleared his throat as he watched the musician approach him once again, a saunter in his step Jinki had never seen before.
 
"There's a girl over there who keeps staring at you,” Jonghyun half-whispered, discreetly jerking his head in the direction of a woman who was peacefully examining an ornate vase. There was a lot of space in the room despite the quantity of upper-class guests, space only clogged by the sumptuous scents of a million different fragrances, and so Jinki was easily able to attach his gaze onto the slender woman, who caught his eye as he did so. She shot him a brief smile before looking away, to which Jonghyun murmured, “See?”
 
"Aish, she just looked in my direction,” Jinki dismissed, as the well-dressed woman disappeared behind a stand. “It means little… I hope you aren't too jealous.”
 
Jonghyun laughed, the masculine power he'd been building unknowingly subsiding for a moment as his immature giggle emerged, but it was doused soon enough as he craned his neck to stare around.
 
"Are you bored?” Jinki asked him, noticing the way the musician tapped his foot in time to the music and watched the passing people emotionlessly.
 
"No,” he responded, but Jinki could tell, very blatantly, that he was lying.
 
"Ah, I'm sorry,” Jinki muttered, “but it's soon over. Did you pick a good film?”
 
"The best,” Jonghyun answered, cryptically as ever. “But I expect you to make it up to me later – these things are so dull!”
 
From beside them, a small group of social-investors shot them both an unimpressed stare, before resuming to their conversation as if oblivious. Jonghyun blushed, realising he'd spoken too loudly, and shook his head.
 
"How can I make it up to you?” Jinki suddenly asked, eyes raking over Jonghyun unexpectedly. He hadn’t expected his mind to be working on such a superficial level, but Jonghyun had rewired the circuitry so that the only thing he could see was how beautiful the man before him was, how desirable.
 
Jonghyun offered a coy grin and a shrug, and Jinki instantly got the idea. Words didn’t have to be spoken for him to feel the increased heartrate as Jonghyun tilted his head, analysing Jinki in the same way the artist had analysed him only moments before.
 
"Ah, well,” Jinki began, immediately flustered, “it seems a lot of people like the vase thing.” He blinked heavily, throat somewhat dry, and glimpsed around to find one of the polished waiters with their glasses of champagne and their exaggerated smiles. As if understanding his need to quench his thirst, a waiter appeared from behind him and Jinki kindly accepted a glass of champagne as Jonghyun responded.
 
"Yeah, I liked it too, it's got nice, y’know, nice details.”
 
Jinki nodded and took a sip of his champagne, trying to relax himself again but unable to doubt the steadily growing anticipation in his stomach. It seemed Jonghyun had become somewhat flustered himself, both men simultaneously considering the evening they could potentially spend together, provided it was what both wanted. Jonghyun glanced at Jinki with two wide, feline eyes, and regarded him cautiously. He didn’t want to take things too quickly. Neither of them did.
 
Jinki nodded, and for a second, all the two men could do was look at each other. They both knew what the other was feeling, a carnal urge that tugged at the most primal of their emotions, that grated their exhalations and flushed their cheeks. Jinki felt warm, warmer than the lightly heated room would have adequately allowed for, and all he wanted to do was reach out to Jonghyun, but he couldn’t. In solitude, he knew there was a strong chance he'd be unable to help himself. Heavily, Jonghyun looked away, pretending to focus more on the artwork than he was on Jinki.
 
"Someone’s looking at your paintings,” Jonghyun noticed, finally breaking the silence, “maybe you should talk to them, see if they're interested… Could be a good opportunity.”
 
"It's that woman from earlier,” Jinki laughed, “the one you said was looking at me.”
 
"Oh,” Jonghyun answered, facial expression instantly contorting, “then stay away, Lee Jinki.”
 
"Why?” Jinki asked, lips twitching into a smirk, before reiterating his point. “Jealous?”
 
Jonghyun rolled his eyes, but when he provided no answer, Jinki could merely laugh.
 
"No, but seriously,” Jonghyun interjected, “business is business.”
 
"True,” Jinki nodded, “but I think I'd rather talk to you.”
 
Jonghyun smiled widely, eyes glittering.
 
"I hate how you do that,” Jonghyun confessed, drilling guilt into Jinki.
 
"Do what?” Jinki pondered obliviously, in ignorance of the ever moving crowd around them. In the large ballroom, they were like a rock in the ocean, unmoving even as the tide of spectators drifted by.
 
"Make my heart beat like that,” he answered quietly, shrinking into himself slightly.
 
"Idiot,” Jinki laughed, unable to deny the slight tremor in his own heart as he allowed Jonghyun’s words to sink in.
 
•••
 
Jonghyun fumbled with his keys awkwardly as they waited outside the entrance of his flat. Jinki was unsure why it was taking him so long – there seemed to be only two keys on the binder, and his pensive stare only highlighted his wealth of attention – because the chill in the corridor was verging on unbearable. It was dark out here, dingy, everything Jinki had been imagining from the outside. He tilted his head at the younger as he finally slipped the key into the lock, twisting it frantically as he pushed open the door, fingers trembling slightly as he did so. Jinki frowned, but followed Jonghyun regardless, for he had nowhere else to go.
 
As soon as his foot had planted on the beige carpeting of Jonghyun’s floor, the light stuttered into action, illuminating merely half of the room whilst Jonghyun glanced around sheepishly. It was a very squashed accommodation – Jinki could tell that given the fact the illuminated half was a small kitchenette, with a round table packed tightly by the cream cupboards. The brightness from the lampshade-less bulb showed only the fringes of the room’s other half, the living area, and Jinki expected there to be another light for it. He could see nothing past the pitiful gloom, the power from the light so dim it barely accentuated the kitchen itself.
 
Despite the lack of space, Jonghyun’s flat held an organised demeanour and a warm scent, calming Jinki as his eyes scanned what he could see. Jonghyun stood metres in front of him, suddenly breathing quite heavily. Jinki clicked the door shut with his back and blinked at his partner.
 
Time seemed to slow as both men observed each other; before the end of the exhibition, they'd loosened their perspectives alongside a few glasses of champagne, and had drowsily flirted with one another until neither of them could stand the tension anymore, and had drifted to investigate the other guests around them. They weren't drunk, rather lively, and it certainly didn't take much of Jinki’s intelligence to know when he was being watched in a way that suggested more than just paltry kisses and fluttered eyelashes – the way Jonghyun had been watching him. Their emotions had only further culminated on the drive over to Jonghyun’s flat. A brief comment from Jonghyun on how 'great' Jinki looked in his suit had left the elder reeling, and the light touch on the thigh from the younger had almost made him swerve. He didn’t know if he was ready for this.
 
He didn’t care.
 
" the movie,” Jonghyun finally decided, and he was on Jinki in a second. Jinki felt his lower back collide with the kitchenette as Jonghyun began to messily kiss him, instantly beginning to explore his mouth with his warm tongue, Jinki clutching at the younger’s shoulders desperately for support. He felt the heat surge within him and found himself enraptured in a fight for dominance with the younger, their mouths breaking for nothing but air. Jinki stifled a curse as Jonghyun’s teeth raked over his bottom lip, and shivered when he felt the younger’s cold palm on the back of his neck, forcing his mouth closer, so he could explore him more thoroughly.
 
Jonghyun moaned something distant, and gripped Jinki’s tie, lips not parting for a second. Haphazardly, the younger manoeuvred them away from the kitchenette, until they were falling through a doorway into another dark room Jinki barely had time to contemplate. Instinctively, he kicked the door shut with his foot, hands on Jonghyun’s tensing arms, and allowed himself to fall as the younger guided them to the bed.
 
Their lips broke, their breathing quietened, and suddenly there was an ethereal silence.
 
Moonlight was guided through the window by hands of the godly, slicing deeply across the double bed and contouring Jonghyun’s lust-ridden features as he gazed up at Jinki wondrously, and Jinki gazed down at him. Their bodies didn't touch, but their spirits seemed to mingle like two betrothed lovers, as Jinki stared longingly into Jonghyun’s wide, hazel eyes, and Jonghyun searched every corner of Jinki’s face, from his reddened lips to his blazing gaze. Like this, with his hair sprawled messily across the pale duvet and the top button of his shirt undone, Jonghyun looked more beautiful than anything Jinki had ever witnessed, and that very thought terrified him into a wary submission.
 
Gingerly, Jonghyun reached up with a shaking hand, and used his finger to trace along Jinki’s rounded cheek, to his full lips, that blessed the soft skin of Jonghyun’s index with the subtlest of kisses. Jonghyun smiled, in full expectation of what would happen. He wondered if Jinki had smiled in return, for he could not see the artist's features – the moonlight, rather oddly, seemed to favour the musician.
 
"Are you ready?” Jonghyun whispered, propping himself up slightly with his elbows to bring his face closer to Jinki’s. Instinctively, however, Jinki moved back, sitting on his knees at the end of the bed and allowing Jonghyun to sit up also. There was hush for a moment, the only sounds the rustling of fabric as Jinki moved. He swallowed.
 
"I don't know what to do,” he admitted, hanging his head lowly in abject embarrassment. Now that various slivers of light gave substance to his silhouette, Jonghyun could see the genuine concern on Jinki’s face – the fears, the misconceptions, the irritation and the need. He'd never seen a man look so frail yet so determined, so withheld yet so decided.
 
"It's okay,” Jonghyun soothed, “I'll show you what to do.” Gingerly, he reached out and lifted Jinki’s hand from the top of the duvet. Jinki blinked at it, but didn't protest, as Jonghyun pressed the hand firmly against his own chest, and nodded at Jinki to unfurl his fingers.
 
"Do you feel it?” Jonghyun queried, as Jinki watched Jonghyun’s hands grip his firmly, not letting them move from their position beneath the skewed tie. “You make my heart beat like this," he whispered. He spoke near inaudibly, for he knew a moment so delicate required as much.
 
Jinki stiffened. He felt Jonghyun’s quickened pulsation beneath his palm, the way the younger’s heart fought valiantly to beat as dramatically as it could. His own pulse was the same, so prevalent he could feel it in his throat, as he finally pulled his eyes up to stare at Jonghyun.
 
"Show me,” Jinki answered, “I want you to show me.”
 
Jonghyun obliged.
 
Beckoning carefully, he moved so that Jinki could sit with his back against the bed’s wooden headboard, trying to relax his body as he watched Jonghyun remove his own tie, slinging it off from around his neck and throwing it to the floor. Jinki’s palms sweated nervously as Jonghyun hesitantly crawled closer.
 
"Just breathe,” he commanded, and Jinki tried to, he really did, but his entire wavelength was knocked off the moment Jonghyun decided to straddle him, wrapping his arms loosely around Jinki’s neck. Resisting the urge to curse, Jinki’s felt his body begin to submit, and he almost shivered as he felt the area between his loins begin to harden. It'd been so long since anyone had ever done this to him, he felt like a discovering what it was to make love for the very first time.
 
Jonghyun wiped a strand of hair away from Jinki’s forehead. He would take things slowly, carefully, precisely, for he knew what this meant to Jinki, and what it meant to him. Although his body was already burning and his mind already demanding, for Jinki’s sake, he knew he had to take things gently.
 
Jonghyun pressed his forehead against Jinki’s, their noses almost touching, and began to slowly grind against the elder. He felt Jinki’s body shudder beneath his, the elder’s nails digging into his narrow shoulders, almost making him hiss, but he continued, working to arouse himself and the wanton artist. As soon as Jinki released an overdrawn moan, Jonghyun swiftly moved his lips to the elder’s neck, beginning to kiss and slightly nip at the soft skin beneath his earlobe. He felt Jinki’s body arch slightly as he made his way along his skin, Jinki practically choking as he darted his tongue across, and then the heat was becoming too much and Jonghyun couldn't take it anymore.
 
He leant back from the artist, much to his displeasure, and threw off his suit jacket, allowing it to clump to the ground with an aggravating swish. Jinki fumbled awkwardly with his hands to help Jonghyun remove the buttons of his shirt, eyes overcome with a flaring Jonghyun hadn't yet witnessed, a flaring that was sparking trepidation and expectation within every part of him. As they undid the buttons together in silence, it was almost in fear that Jonghyun’s shirt was tugged off and thrown to join its counterpart on the hidden floor. Jonghyun allowed Jinki a second to process what he was seeing.
 
The artist breathed out shakily as he regarded Jonghyun’s exposed chest. He couldn't see much, given the moonlight was sparse, but Jonghyun’s torso was femininely narrow, yet masculinely defined. At the base of his neck was a small mole, a beauty mark that was the only interruption to the otherwise smooth and spotless skin, and so Jinki leant forward, and planted a soft kiss there. Jonghyun wrapped his arms around Jinki’s head and held the artist close to his body for a minute, to accustom him to the proximity, but let go sharply when Jinki began to fuss with his own clothing, so nervous he required Jonghyun’s help in removing each article of his upper-body-wear. When the expensive fabric had been discarded, Jonghyun opened his mouth and bit his bottom lip, wondrously grazing his thoughts over Jinki’s body. The artist’s arms were strong, possibly from all the painting, and Jonghyun cautiously ran his fingers along his bicep, until he reached the shoulder and collarbone of his lover. His hand then trailed further, down the expanse of warm, milky skin, to the band of Jinki’s suit trousers.
 
Jinki stared at Jonghyun, eyes widened.
 
"It's okay,” Jonghyun assured, “I know what I'm doing.”
 
"I know you do,” Jinki nodded, to assure himself with a voice that was uncharacteristically weak in the claustrophobic room.
 
Seeking that as being the permission he needed, Jonghyun slid back slightly and undid the button of Jinki’s trousers, fingers already hesitant at so much as touching the bulge he revealed by lowering the zipper. Jinki watched in what felt like a blissful agony, wanting nothing more than to succumb to Jonghyun, yet too scared to so much as move.
 
Jonghyun his bottom lip, and slowly began to palm at Jinki’s , the thin fabric of his boxers the only thing stopping the contact of their flesh. Jinki writhed slightly and clenched his fists, and Jonghyun couldn’t help but quicken the motion of his hand as he watched how Jinki was straining, muscles tensing and vein beginning to show along his slender neck. The sight was a beautiful one, one Jonghyun had only began to anticipate, and it motivated his actions as he contained his own needs to first satisfy Jinki.
 
"Jonghyun…” Jinki muttered, almost complained, and Jonghyun subsided, knowing that Jinki wanted – no, needed – more. The artist closed his eyes and allowed Jonghyun to remove his trousers, the musician standing and removing his own after he did so. With Jinki’s eyes still firmly shut, Jonghyun allowed himself a moment to truly appreciate the body of the man beside him, his strong thighs and etched torso, his pale skin and perfect proportions. He was handsome in a way Jonghyun hadn’t expected, and his vulnerability struck the musician as odd, considering he was normally the one to hold such an image.
 
"It's okay,” Jonghyun assured, as he brought his quivering fingers to the band of Jinki’s boxers. The artist stirred as Jonghyun began to drag them off too, his own throat becoming parched as his body coursed with longing.

Lying completely and exposed, Jinki wanted to curl inwards on himself and hide away, crawl beneath the duvet and only surface when dawn cracked through the window, but his body wouldn’t let him, as he breathed a hesitant sigh of relief at his suddenly being freed from his boxers. When Jonghyun fell silent, he knew the younger was studying him, analysing every inch of his body, and it unnerved him; if his paintings had feelings, he figured this was how they would feel on display, framed by what they couldn't see and with nothing to showcase but the purest form of their being.
 
He felt Jonghyun’s lips around the base of his and Jinki gasped loudly, eyes suddenly thrown open and body holding feelings akin to a violent contraction of mentality. He groaned loudly, the shock tearing at him with a mixture of pleasure and desire, as he found himself unable to gaze at anything but Jonghyun’s pink head of hair, slowly bobbing up and down in the pale streaks of moonlight. His back was still pressed against the headboard, but Jinki couldn't restrain from leaning forward and gripping harshly onto Jonghyun’s hair, feeling his fingers sink beneath the feathery strands, as the musician tantalizingly hollowed his cheeks. It took everything within Jinki not to scream out in pleasure, not to buck his hips into the hot mouth of the younger, not to allow his mind to become lost to the aether of desire he was slowly sinking in to. He had to remain sane, he had to remain-
 
Jonghyun’s teeth dragged along the top of Jinki’s and he jerked forward suddenly, the pressure in his building as Jonghyun retracted slightly, caught surprised at how Jinki was becoming dangerously close to choking him. His mouth wasn't large enough to consume Jinki’s entire length, and so slowly he sent a small hand up to massage the areas of Jinki’s that his mouth could not substantiate for. As soon as his fingers got to work, it became unbearable for Jinki.
 
The sight of Jonghyun leaning down, back curved slightly and knees dug into either side of Jinki’s weak legs, was enough in itself to drive the older to a world of forbidden ecstasy, one he'd long since forgotten and overwritten. Jonghyun’s fingers became more playful, caressing the insides of Jinki’s thighs as he continued to gently. Jinki felt it, felt his mind become more and more fuzzed, felt the pleasure and the pain ricochet through his body, and knew he was almost there.
 
Tangling his fingers further into Jonghyun’s hair as the soft slap of the younger’s lips continued to resound, Jinki warned, “Jonghyun… I'm… I'm...”
 
Jonghyun understood immediately, removing his lips with the slightest of plucks and using his fingers to guide Jinki to completion. His free hand drifted to his own twitching , his body working in overdrive at the sheer sight of Jinki responding in such a way, back arched and eyes screwed tightly shut. When Jinki came, he did so violently, and fell forward with the frailest of slumps against Jonghyun’s arms. His head became buried in Jonghyun’s shoulder as the blur in his mind splayed searching hands, the cold liquid running down his thighs staining Jonghyun’s bedsheets, but neither present cared. With Jinki’s head buried into the crook of his shoulder, warm breaths released as shudders, Jonghyun his hair, feeling the patter of his exhalations against his bare skin. Perspiration coated his body, and Jonghyun almost felt guilty in knowing that this was only the beginning for Jinki, and that the night was far from over.
 
As they sat, Jinki refusing to move as he contemplated what had just happened, Jonghyun gritted his teeth, his own beginning to become unbearable as it pined to be relieved. Gingerly, he managed to pry Jinki apart from him, and placed their foreheads together again, more in a bid to prop Jinki up than anything else. The elder already seemed exhausted.
 
"Hey,” Jonghyun whispered, lips almost grazing Jinki’s own. “Are you okay?”
 
"Yes,” Jinki answered quickly, “yes, more than.”
 
"Good,” Jonghyun breathed. And then, the words he'd tried to find a better way to say but to no avail, “Jinki, please, let me you.”
 
Jinki’s next inhalation was a tight one as Jonghyun caressed his shoulder. He didn’t know whether he'd been too bold with his suggestion, but he knew what his body wanted, the only thing that would fully satisfy him – to be inside Jinki. He distanced their heads and awaited a response, posture akin to a curious child as he did so. If Jinki said no, he wouldn't pressure him. The elder had come so far already it'd seemed unfair from the outset to ask for more, but Jonghyun hadn't been able to help himself. He needed Jinki, every inch of him, and wouldn’t be content until he had it.
 
"It'll hurt, won't it?” Jinki grimaced, staring at the duvet as he played with it between his fingertips. His body still raged at him, still rocked about on murky oceans, and he had no way of telling which thoughts were fleeting and which were concrete.
 
"Yeah, a bit, at first,” Jonghyun admitted, not wanting to deter his lover but equally not wanting to lie to him. Jinki nodded, contemplating, and then decided, chest rising and falling mesmerizingly.
 
"I want you to me,” Jinki decided, “just me.”
 
Jonghyun raised his eyebrow, heartrate accelerating again, as he pressed, “Jinki, are you sure?”
 
But Jinki simply nodded, and then things were passing quickly.
 
Jonghyun stood and finally removed his boxers, Jinki watching him with eyes full of lust the entire time. Jonghyun was such a small man, with angular features and soft skin, and Jinki was enraptured with him. He was scared, practically terrified, by what was to come, but had wanted to help satisfy Jonghyun, for that almost gave him greater pleasure than the countless things Jonghyun could do to him to make him moan his name again.
 
"Okay,” Jonghyun breathed, almost reluctant himself. “Jinki,” he murmured, his imperative laced with telltale signs of his growing impatience at his body, “I need you to- I… Get on your hands and knees.”
 
Jinki nodded, and closed his eyes, doing as Jonghyun demanded. His body shivered with anticipation as he waited, propping himself up with his elbows rather than his hands, and he clenched his fists, so fiercely his nails began to dig into his flesh. Behind him, he heard Jonghyun fuss, and he could only envisage what the younger was doing, finding protection or lubrication, something to aid his journey with the fickle . Jinki tried to calm his breathing, but halted altogether as the bed behind him sunk slightly, Jonghyun resuming to his position. Jinki felt two clammy hands on his sides, the flesh there to calm him, but it did nothing but worry him further.
 
"It will hurt,” Jonghyun admitted, “but when I start, I can't stop, Jinki, and it'll get better, I promise.”
 
Jinki nodded and Jonghyun leant forward, planting a kiss on the small of Jinki’s back. Fear rattled through him as he tried to compose his mind, attempted to calm himself to any degree, but he couldn’t, his body wouldn’t let him. Jinki bit his bottom lip until he released the inevitable howl of pain.
 
The bedroom became strung with animalistic grunting and whimpers. The bed creaked and the two bodies tried to work together in the confines of the late night. Pain lanced through one and pleasure rippled through the other, until both were pleading each other’s names, but for different reasons. When the pain abated, the mood changed, until both men were desperately pushing against each other, forgetting everything they'd remembered in that moment; minds morphed to inadequate hazes and futures, pasts and presence sought refuge amongst the only thing finding purchase – pleasure.
 
Jinki cried Jonghyun’s name loudly over the squeaking of the tired bedframe, and shamelessly begged for him to quicken his uncontrollable s as he buried his forehead into the duvet, body completely slack. Jonghyun could feel nothing but Jinki, and swung his head back, treasuring each burst of pleasure that found its way through him. It had been worth the , his mind jarring constantly until he could no longer bare it. As he toyed mercilessly with Jinki’s newfound , he gave one final cry, and came violently, falling atop his lover as Jinki did likewise. Jinki collapsed then, body twitching slightly atop the duvet, Jonghyun tightly against his back. His now limp still rested inside Jinki, and so Jonghyun receded, as he watched his discharge flow down Jinki’s leg. Jinki was unmoving, body exhausted, and so, using his last reserves of strength, Jonghyun moved the duvet to cover the lower back of the artist.
 
Jinki fell asleep before he could even thank him.
 
•••
 
Admittedly, Jonghyun had lay and watched Jinki until he'd awaken. Though exhausted, he'd found the artist too captivating, and so had to observe him. He was beautiful, the way the moonlight glanced from his chestnut coloured hair, the way his back curved until it was hidden by the soft caress of Jonghyun’s duvet – everything from his peaceful expression whilst he slept and his clenched fists. When, at 4:37AM exactly, the artist opened his eyes, he didn’t seem surprised to see Jonghyun watching him.
 
Both men stared at each other for a while, betrothed passage by the steadily fading moonlight that was soon to be swapped with the sun, and allowed themselves time to process what had happened.
 
Though both wrapped in different duvets – Jonghyun having padded to find another one in a bid not to disturb Jinki from his sleep – they seemed so close that their skin touched. Jinki sighed contently, and lifted a hand as if drunken, dragging the tip of his finger along Jonghyun’s full lips. The musician let him, too absorbed in his beauty to ask for cessation.
 
"How do you feel?” Jonghyun wondered, as Jinki dropped his hand suddenly. He was so, so warm, but he barely minded.
 
"Sore,” Jinki admitted, and Jonghyun instantly grimaced, somewhat guilty, knowing he had a part to play. Jonghyun managed to extend his short arm far enough to the elder's hair.
 
"Any regrets?” he pondered, as Jinki nuzzled his wrist with his nose.
 
After a second, Jinki smiled, and decided, “None."