8. Answers

The Flaws of Emotion (TFE)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Firstly, thank you to the new subscribers for subscribing and a big thank you to all of my susbscribers who stays with me from the first day this story was posted. Without you guys, I may not continue this story because I was so stressed with all of the workload in my life right now. I am in my final year of my degree so I didn't have much time to do anything else besides studying and revising. Actually, this chapter is already written almost 2 months ago and I only edited it whenever I have time so I'm really sorry it took a long time to post. But, seeing there are new subscribers for the past weeks had my day and I decided to write the story quickly and finally manage to post this chapter. So thank you everyone and I really hope you like it. "Big smiley face"

Mum didn't like how I used to walk while slouching, she also hates it when I used to make sounds while I eat and she always nitpick on every little things I did. By the time I grow up, those bad habits wear away but her constant nagging never stops. I thought that by the time I enter the college, she will see me in a different light, perhaps be more understanding of me but it never happens because she never change. She always try to find faults in everything I do contrasted to the whole list of compliments she showered my eldest sister. I used to think that mom hates me but as I grows up, I realized that maybe being a middle child have always been this way with everyone.

The situation for almost all of the middle child is similar in every family so if I discover anyone who is the same as me, I had the urge to tip my hat off to my comrades. My mom probably didn't even notice she behaved differently to each one of us, that is what I always assures myself whenever there is a dispute between her and me. I become immune to such treatment and always try to make myself invisible by being the quiet one among my siblings. We rarely shares any thoughts or talk about any matter seriously because it is just too awkward since we never have a heart-to-heart conversation. Our relationship is merely a mother and a daughter by title.

Thus, when I saw Kyungsoo cry yesterday, he made me reflect on myself as I realize my own situation. There is a throbbing pain forming in my heart when he’s crying his eyes out and I look back at myself. He was loved by both of his parents while I crave for my own, the recognition from my mom and dad. The truth is I envy the love he had for his parents, the deep love and emotional connection that I felt missing in my entire life. But I know that if I didn’t express my love to both of my parents now, I will regret it later when they are gone and I don't even want to think about the life without them. I love both of my parents but sometimes I loathe them for the lack of care and their inattention to me. I realized maybe I should change my way of thinking and start to approach them differently. I will try to make our relationship better by taking the first step to tighten the bond. By that, I’m thinking of a simple gesture such as preparing a breakfast before my mom wakes up as a surprise.

After what happened yesterday where I witnessed another of Kyungsoo’s breakdown, I couldn’t sleep at all because of the offer I made to him out of whim. When I close the door to my bedroom and sit on the bed, only then I realized my incredulous mistake of saying an absurd thing to him as if I’m inviting him and it sounds really wrong. Even though, I ask him with a pure intention of comforting him, it doesn’t sit still with me once I realize what kind of other meaning it could have. As I lies awake on the bed, unable to sleep due to the distracting thoughts keep swirling in my mind and the nervousness of possibility of Kyungsoo’s coming into my room made me restless. When my phone’s alarm blares at 6 am, then I notice I didn’t get any sleep because I was too bothered by my own thoughts.

Although, I’m relieved Kyungsoo didn’t come, at the same time I was slightly disappointed. I wakes up from the bed and take a peek at Kyungsoo’s room but his curtain block the view so I didn’t know whether he is awake or sleeping. Reluctantly, I moves out from my room and decides to do something else just to take away this nagging feeling inside of me and remove all of my thoughts concerning him. I decided to cook breakfast after racking my brain on things I should do to improve my relationship with my parents. With that, I shoves the disappointment of not seeing Kyungsoo away from my mind as I become absorbed in other things.

Few days later,

Since my class ended early today, I decides to catch up with some of the study material that in dire need to be revise on because the upcoming test is approaching closer and I really don’t want to flunk this semester. Arriving at my favourite café in the university, I seated myself at an isolated aisle where it is blocked by a wall and quieter there. Usually someone will accompany me but I didn’t see any familiar face today thus having the silence I rarely get, I'm enjoying this very much. I become absorbed in taking out all of the necessary stuff I need to review my subject after ordering an iced mocha and a slice of cheesecake from the friendly waiter at the counter. My work is disrupted when someone knock on the table, a shadow looming in front of me blocking the light. Looking up to see who it belongs to, I was pleasantly surprised upon seeing the gentle smile on Yixing’s face. He beams brightly, a dimple formed on his cheeks accentuating his feature, making him stand out. I always feels like a midget beside him. Yixing greets me with a gentle hi.

“Hey, I haven't seen you in a while. How are you doing?” I smile back.

“Yeah, I have been busy lately with the lectures and assignments. Plus, there’s the music performance coming up next Tuesday so I have been practicing for that a lot these days. It’s a busy week all in all,” he answers calmly. He seats himself comfortably on the vacant spot in front of me, putting down his guitar beside his leg as it leans against the side of the chair.

“Wow, I didn't know you took part in that. I will definitely come and watch you play,” I replies enthusiastically. I know he is great at dancing but didn’t know he can sing too so I’m amused at how talented he is.

“You should, I will be more than happy knowing you will be there,” his eyes crinkle as he talk. Yixing had always been pleasant to talk with, he has the warmth aura emanates from him whenever we meet.

Seeing him now reminded me of a particular someone and I’m unsure why am I thinking about that guy. This bothers me. The word comes out from my mouth before I even realize what am I saying.

“Are you still in the dance club?” I ask to which he looks amused by the question. Oh god, why did I ask this question? I scolds myself.

“Yeah, though I’m in the middle of a break for now since it’s hard to balance everything at one time. Jongin doesn't seems to mind about it and said I could come whenever I'm free. Why do you ask?” He stares at me curiously.

“Oh, nothing. Just curious” I avoids his eyes. With luck, he didn't ask for more though he looks a bit sceptical with my unconvincing remark. I realize I just want to know where the heck Kyungsoo is since Kim Jongin is his best friend and I’m hoping Yixing might meet him if he goes to the dance club but with his response, I was disappointed.

Yixing is one of my few friends I met in the early semester of my first year in college and he is probably the only one I still keep in touch with the most after Lea and Chaerin. Also, he is the only guy friend I had and I feel comfortable around him which is great considering I am an unsociable type who found it hard to make friends with strangers. We rarely have conversations about personal matter like family or anything sort but we do talk on random things. However, I do wish that we could talk on more personal topics because sometimes he looks like he wants to say something but he hesitate at last minute and then say random things just to cover up. I notice the action but didn’t pry into it since its for the best if I wait for him to speak his mind first. 

“Its funny how time flies and it’s been almost two years since we first met,” Yixing speaks suddenly, talking about our first meeting. I smile at his antics.

“Yeah, and do you remember that day, you were late for class and you got so flustered you thought i was the tutor?” I laugh at the memory on how his face looks so pale and he keeps apologizing to me for being late. I was so flabbergasted at the time

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter