5. Trapped in Dreams

The Flaws of Emotion (TFE)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My window was tightly shut, I had checked it before I plop myself on the bed comfortably to read the recently bought book called The Graveyard Book I got for $10 at a weekend market. As I get onto the next chapter of the book, a tink sound disturbed me from my reverie. I put down the book on my lap and glance at the window to see what the sound is about. His figure can be seen very clearly through the transparent window. He smiled his signature amusing grin as always.

Do Kyungsoo was sitting on the edge of his window rail, his feet dangling dangerously off the high ground. He was wearing all black from head to toe. He waves at me cheerfully, throwing up in the air some suspicious bright coloured marbles on the palm of his hand which I assumed was the one making the sound when he throws them to my glass window. Raising my eyebrows in annoyance, I stare at him hard making a bad attempt of an angry face to which he didn't even react to. I watch the way he moves, his smooth hair falling down to his face everytime he swings back and forth. When he attempts to throw the marbles again, his gesture made my skin crawl. I quickly get off my bed and push my window open as wide as it can and glares at him.

“Don’t you dare, Do Kyungsoo. Are you trying to break my window?” I hissed but still keeps the volume of my voice to a minimal level so my family won’t notice the argument we are having.  He laughs lightheartedly, the sound tinkles in my ear and I frowned with his insensible attitude.

“I didn’t know that it will be this easy to make you open the window,” he grinned. Crap, did I just give him a chance to sneak in again?

"Are you nuts? Has your brain lose one of the screws?" I throws some snide remark.

"Probably I left one of them in the place you are in now," he replied teasingly. A confidence expression pasted on his face making me feels restless on his intention because I can't read his moves at all. Rather than entertaining him, I should go back to continue reading and close my window.

Before my brain can think on closing the window, he made an action as if he’s going to throw the marbles to me and instinctively, I ducked down to cover myself. What I thought to be a small impact of the tiny marbles that will prrobably caused me a bruised forehead next day didn't come at all. However, I was surprised by an unexpected larger weight as I was knocked down to the ground but the weight soon disappears when I gasped in shock. It happened so fast that I barely register the cold tiled floor underneath my body. Feeling the cool floor under my head, I removed both of my hands from my face and was astounded with the closeness of Kyungsoo’s face with mine.

I was trapped under him as he supported his body weight with both of his hands at my side. His intense gaze penetrates my face and his silent demeanour is not helping in easing this awkwardness. My mouth clamped in nervousness because I was unsure of how to react and I scolded myself mentally for being weak right now. Out of panic, I closed my eyes when he suddenly closes the gap and his warm breath can be felt near my ear. I tightened both of my fists together as I can practically hear my blood pumping around my body like crazy.

“I bet you must be waiting for me and I kind of like the welcoming gesture you made,” he whispers lowly, I can even picture the smirk on his face when he said it. Once I feel he’s pulling away, immediately with all of my strength, I push him off me and rolled away as far as possible.

Reaching the corner of my bed, I glare at him. He laughs while dusting his pants and then brush his hair away after.

“You crazy . Why the heck do you jump from your room unannounced and then jumps on top of me?” I remark angrily but unable to make any movement because my knees feel like it’s gonna buckle up if I tried to move.

“I told you right that I can’t sleep alone and I need a companion so from now on, I’m going to come here to sleep,” he states as if it was a normal thing. My eyes went wide when he throws himself on my bed acting like it’s his own. He accidentally pushes my book and I become furious when it falls to the ground. Damn you, not my precious book.

Finally, regains my composure, I stand up from the spot and comes close to him. He smiles widely, spreading his arms across my bed. With gritted teeth, I push him off my bed with great strength and he falls with a loud bump. I winced at the crashing sound and waits with abated breath for any signs of my family in the house. After a few minutes of silence, I heaved a sigh of relief and proceed to conquer my bed, taking my book from the ground and place it safely on my desk.

He gets up from lying face down in a painstakingly slow motion, as if he purposely want to elicit a stabbing guilt in me for treating him too harshly. Being who I am, I ignored his attempt of guilt tripping me. Kyungsoo rubs his forehead, cringing in pain when he touches the swollen part of his head after bumping the side of my bed. It’s his turn to glare at me and I shrink back in fear when I see his slanted eye, looking a bit evil. But I put up a brave façade since this is my room so I had the rights to my bed.  

“Get out, Do Kyungsoo! This is not funny,” I say exasperatedly. He propped himself up, leaning his back on the bedroom wall with one leg bend and another straighten. “You could say it nicely, instead of pushing me. You’re too harsh,” he scoffed, his right hand still rubbing his forehead.

“Well, it’s your fault first for lying on my bed without my permission and you ruined my book. So it’s not that I’m harsh, you deserved it,” I stick my tongue out at him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter