Chapter 3

You and I

 

 
You were putting the finishing touches on the cake you and Sungyeol baked when the door rang. He’s here! You thought excitedly and ran to the door. You opened the door to a grinning brother.
 
“Sungkyu oppa! I‘ve missed you so much!” You screamed as you hugged your brother tightly. 
 
“Hey, how’s my favourite little sister been doing?” He asked dropping his bags to the floor, and hugging you back just as tightly. You and Sungkyu were really close and had a good relationship. You could talk to him about anything and everything. You were excited to have him home for the summer. Sungyeol emerged out of the kitchen and stood awkwardly behind you two. Sungkyu let go of you and made his way to Sungyeol.
 
“Brother-in-law! What’s good man? You been treating my sister right?” He asked light-heartedly, and giving him a quick hug.
 
“Of course. You know me hyung!” He replied. Sungkyu chuckled and ruffled his hair.
 
“You’re a good boy Sungyeol. Remember to name your first child after me!”
 
“Sungkyu oppa!” You screeched in embarrassment. Sungkyu burst into laughter, then stopped suddenly. He turned around and pulled in a cute looking boy around your ages. None of you had noticed he’d been standing there as you were all too occupied with Sungkyu’s return.
“Aw man, how could I forget about you? Sorry kid.” Sungkyu said to the younger boy. 
 
“Don’t worry about it. You haven’t seen your family in a while, so it’s understandable,” He said, then turned to you and Sungyeol, “Hi. My name’s Sungjong. Nice to meet you.” He had a pretty voice, and a pretty voice to go with it. You stared at him like an idiot for a minute or two admiring his beauty before coming back to reality and introducing yourself.
 
“Mom already knows about this but, Sungjong will be staying with us for the summer, along with his brother Hoya who’ll be coming down tomorrow. I invited them to come over seeing as though they had nothing to do during the summer,” said Sungkyu, “And he’s you and Sungyeol’s age by the way. Hopefully you guys can become good friends.” He continued. You nodded and smiled at Sungjong.
 
“Of course! It’s always right to make new friends right Sungyeol?” You asked Sungyeol who’d just snuck his arm around your waist in a protective manner. He was giving Sungjong little death glares as if to say “put any moves on my girlfriend and I’ll kill you.” You rolled your eyes and pinched his cheeks lightly.
 
“Baby, be nice. He’s a guest, and our new friend.” You whispered as close to his ear as your legs would get you. He sighed reluctantly and nodded.
 
“Of course. New friends are always welcome, as long as you don’t try to hit on my wife, we’ll be great friends!” He said, mumbling the last part. You shot at a sympathetic smile at Sungjong who just laughed off Sungyeol’s “threat,” and flicked Sungyeol’s forehead.
 
“Please excuse my boyfriend. He gets jealous easily.” You said. Sungyeol pouted at you, and gave Sungjong one last death glare before getting smacked by you. Sungkyu had been sitting back in amusement watching the three of you. He missed being with all of you, and now he was finally back for the summer. You took Sungyeol’s arms off of you, and grabbed Sungjong and Sungkyu’s hands, leading them into the kitchen.
 
“Well, let’s not just stand around here! Let’s eat! I made a really yummy dinner, so you better eat it all up, alright?” They laughed in unison and took seats at the table. As soon as they sat down, your mother was filling their plates up with food and covering them with hugs and kisses. You realized you’d left Sungyeol alone in the living room, and figured he was probably now sitting on the floor sulking. You walked back into the living room, and as you expected, Sungyeol was sitting on the floor pouting. You came up to him, and crouched in front of him. He was just like an elementary school kid. While most would’ve found it annoying, you thought it was adorable when he was like that.
 
“Oh, my baby Sungyeollie, what’s wrong?” You asked lifting his face to look at you. He pursed his lips and grabbed you by the waist, causing you to fall onto his lap. He quickly closed the space between you and snuggled his face into your neck. You let out a soft laugh, and the back of his head. You loved it when most when Sungyeol was like this; jealous. It showed you how much he liked you, and how much he didn’t want to share you with anyone else.
 
“Yah, now that that Sungjong guy is gonna be staying with you over the summer, you better not let him do anything to you! If he does, I’m gonna kill him.” Sungyeol muttered, and pulled you in closer. You sighed and kissed the top of his head. You pulled away and looked him in the eyes.
 
“I don’t know. He’s kind of cute. I don’t think I’ll stop him if he does try anything.” You said jokingly. You were pushing his buttons. Waiting for the real jealousy to begin. It was always fun for you to make Sungyeol jealous. That, and it was so easy to.
 
“Baby, why are you being like this? I can be cute too.” He said and pouted. You laughed, and kissed him softly. He gladly kissed you back and hugged you.
 
“I know,” you said pecking him on the cheek, “My Yeollie’s the cutest!” He smirked and kissed you again.
 
“Of course. It’s why you love me right?” He said, and buried his face into your neck once again. 
 
“One of the many Yeollie. One of the many,” You said and smiled. Your moment was quickly ruined when Sungkyu came in and pulled you two apart.
 
“Okay love birds, come on, food’s getting cold.” He said, and dragged the two of you into the kitchen.
 
“Hyung! Couldn’t you see we were having a moment?!” Sungyeol whined.
 
“There will be plenty of times to have moments! I’d prefer if you didn’t have them when we can all here you. It’s gross.” Sungkyu said and pretended to gag. Ah, this is going to be an eventful summer you thought, and happily took a seat at the table in-between Sungyeol and Sungjong. An eventful summer.
 

I know I promised an update last Friday, but I got lazy. Sorry guys! Well, I finally updated! I'll fix all mistakes later, too lazy rn. OTL Hope you enjoy~ :]