End.

Escape

These late night outings are not rare for both of them. They would often tell their managers that they are going to the convenience store and end up sitting in the coffee shop for hours, only to come back to the rants of their managers. But they still do them nonetheless.

It is the smallest things that they enjoy. The comfortable silence between them while they sit in front of each other in the coffee shop, or the satisfaction of picking out their late night snacks in the aisles of the store.

Yongguk was one to not talk much, while Himchan although finds it too quiet sometimes, he does enjoy the other’s presence a lot. Being the two oldest members, the burden becomes a bit too heavy on both, and it is these short moments that they enjoy most, when they don’t have to do anything.

However, today was different. They are having their final practice before their comeback stage tomorrow. It was close to midnight when Himchan felt that he had enough stress on his muscles and wanted a break. Seeing the other members laying on the floor resting, he took the chance to leave calling it a short trip to the shop across.

He could barely hear the hums of the members when he was leaving the room. It wasn’t long after he left the building that he heard the footsteps he is all so familiar with behind him.

“Tired?”

“You think?”

Yongguk didn’t reply but only chuckled at that.

They never did exchanged so much words, but they do know each other a lot more than anyone else.  From the looks of it, Yongguk knows that this walk was going to be a long one before they decide to walk back to their stuffy practice room.

They arrived at the small convenience store down the street of their building and Himchan grabbed a can of coffee and tea off the chiller. Yongguk was already grabbing the drinks Himchan took into his hands and paying for it in the cashier as soon as Himchan closed the chiller. They took their drinks on to the tall seats by the glass windows and quietly drinks their coffee.

“Did you take your phone with you?” Yongguk asked all of a sudden. Himchan shakes his head.

“Oh I left mine in my bag”

So now they were out on their own, Himchan had a devilish smirk on his face.

“Guess this is our chance to get another few hours of rest here”

He was not going to let this chance pass and grabbed his drink before going out of the store and into the restaurant right across of it. Yongguk was just laughing at Himchan’s antics, quietly follows him into the store.

They sat at the deepest corner of the restaurant away from sight from the exit, and Himchan made their orders quick.

Not long after though they saw familiar faces looking into the convenience store across, Himchan took Yongguk’s hand and dragged him to the bathroom next to their seats, and locked them in. Himchan was still chewing on his food with on hand on Yongguk’s and the other on the lock. The bathroom was not meant to be for 2 and it was too close for them to stand face to face.

They had no other options though, hearing their manager’s voices not long after they were inside. They looked into each other, the air suddenly heavy between them. The distance didn’t help either. Every single movement they made can be felt by the other and it was difficult for them to stay still.

It was rare for them to be standing this close to one another, and Yongguk realized that he never did appreciate Himchan’s beauty this close. It was not the first time he had such urge to touch Himchan’s face. Them being so close seemed to have pushed him over the edge as his fingers were caressing Himchan’s smooth cheeks without him knowing.

Himchan was focused on trying to listen what was going on outside, and Yongguk’s touch made him turn to Yongguk. The softness of Yongguk’s touch made him heat up, he could feel his cheeks burning up. The air around them turned warmer and himchan broke their stare and looked away, but he could still feel Yongguk’s eyes on him.

“You’re so cute” Yongguk said all of a sudden. Himchan looked at him again, his eyes sparkled as he swallowed the food in his mouth all these time.

“I KNOW YOU GUYS ARE IN THERE”

The bang on the door broke the moment they had. Himchan was hesitant to open the door, but it wasn’t like they had any other choice.

Himchan looked and Yongguk and they shared a laugh, finding the situation they are in to be hilarious at the moment. The banging stopped for a while and Himchan slowly unlocks the door, and walked out. Their managers wasn’t outside, but their phones were on their table – a note attached on Himchan’s screen.

‘If you want to go out, please at least take your phone with you.

Go back home after this, the rest called it a day already.’

“Well, at least we are not in trouble huh.” Himchan said, smile still stuck on his face.

Yongguk hummed, eyes still fixed on Himchan as he finishes his meal.

“Definitely cute.” Yongguk said all of a sudden, making Himchan stop his slurping and look up to Yongguk.

The other just looked as him as he grins, his gums showing as he walks away to the cashier to pay for their meal.

Himchan blinked absent mindedly, his cheeks slowly burning and the air around him turning hot again.

Yongguk winked at Himchan’s direction, breaking the focus the latter has on his direction. Himchan’s put his head down, he felt like a school girl as he hears Yongguk’s hearty laugh from in front of him.

 

The walk back to their dorm and room was quiet, as usual, but it made their heart flutter.