Nine

Nine

Author's Note: Yahallo! I'm back with another YunJae oneshot for yah! And I entitled this as Nine because I'm listening to Nine while writing it, and listening while typing it, and yeah, I'm probably listening to it while you're reading this. XD

There's just too much YunJae feels in that song ~ Kyaa. I cannot. /dies of too much YJ love/

 

--

 

WARNING! Confusion ahead. Read at your own risk.

________________________________________

.

.

(100)

.

.

"Welcome back home, Yunho. I've missed you so much .."

.

.

(97)

.

.

Kim Jaejoong smiled when he heard the sound he's dying to hear. Patting on his alarm clock, he shot upright and opened his windows wide, watching as the sun finally began ascending toward the sky. He closed his eyes as he breathe in the morning breeze of that autumn day. He took a deep deep breath, glancing at his bedside table where a calendar was showing a date he's waiting for. His smile grew even wider.

He quickly made his bed before taking a quick shower. After grooming himself for a bit, he went downstairs, grinning as he prepared for that eventful day. He hummed his favorite song as he put on his apron. Opening the refrigerator, he gathered all the ingredients he'll need to prepare his husband's favorite dishes.

Husband. That lone word actually coaxed a small smile and a tint of blush on his face.

Husband, he repeated to himself once again. He glanced at their wall clock, checking the time. And then, he grinned.

Two more hours, he thought. Two more hours and the long wait would be over. Two more hours and Jung Yunho would finally come back home after three years. Two hours and Yunho would be beside him, probably kissing the life out of him. Two more hours and Corporal Jung Yunho would finally be relieved from duty for good.

"Two more hours," he mumbled as he the stove, bringing the meat to boil.

And as he chopped some onions and garlics, he smiled as he remembered how their story played out.

.

.

(98)

.

.

××

They met when they were ten, when they were unfamiliar and new to the world.

..

He stared down at the sunflower unexpectedly shoved to him, then his eyes traveled on the boy with crazy grin and windswept hair holding it. When he accepted the flower, the boy nodded at him.

"I'm Jung Yunho," the boy said, offering his tiny hands.

"I'm Kim Jaejoong," he said, shaking the boy's hand. He instantly thought it was warm.

"Do you want to play?" Yunho asked, pointing a nearby park. When he nodded again, Yunho grabbed his hand, and they run and run and run. Their laughters being muffled with the sound of the blowing wind.

 

××

They said their "I like you's" when they were sixteen, when everything they do felt awkward.

..

"I think I like you, Jae." Yunho blurted those words one winter night as they were walking home.

He looked at him in disbelief, mouth agape as it was unable to form any words. Then, Yunho grabbed both his shoulders, looked at his eyes, flit away in an instant before holding his gaze again.

"I like you, Kim Jaejoong. Will you go out with me?" Yunho asked again, his face showing a deep blush.

"Are you sure you're not misunderstanding your feelings?" he asked, unsurely looking down at their shoes.

He heard Yunho chuckled. When he looked up, he find Yunho was smiling.

"I'm an idiot. But I know what I'm feeling. So, will you go out wi --"

"Yes!" he blurted in embarrassment. "I'll go out with you." he finished quietly, face flushed.

 

××

They said their "I love you's" when they graduated college, when everything felt like magic.

..

"I love you," those three words were uttered by him as they danced in the middle of the street with the sound of their hearts.

He felt Yunho kissed his neck before pressing his body unto his. "I love you too." Yunho said right into his ears.

In the middle of the night, they continued to spin and spin and danced and danced and laughed and laughed with the rhythm of their own wanderland waltz. 

After what it seemed like a thousand of lifetimes with rugged breathings and faces in crimson, Yunho cupped his chin, and slowly kissed his lips with such love, and he responded equally.

And in that revolutionary moment, they held each other closer, thinking both of them tasted like a dream. A dream come true.

 

××

Yunho proposed to him when they were twenty-five, when everything felt like the world were theirs.

..

On the same spot where they exchanged their 'I like you's', Yunho knelt down in front of him, a question on his lips, a diamond ring on his hand.

But Yunho doesn't need to ask. There were unspoken words but he understood. So before Yunho could ask, he said yes.

Yunho smiled at him before slipping the ring on his finger.

.

Their wedding was simple. But it was enough for them because nothing could ever compare the love they have for each other.

They sealed their promises and vows with a sweet sweet kiss.

.

They moved in a house in the outskirts of Busan, near the border of the woods that Yunho had bought a year prior their wedding where they began the happiest day of their lives.

 

××

Yunho decided to enlist in the marines when they were twenty-eight, when everything was perfect.

..

He remembered saying no the moment Yunho said it. But with Yunho's persistence and a promise he'll come back unscathed, he finally said yes.

"It's only for two years, Jae. I'll be in the infantry so I'm not really on the front lines. I'll be in the weapon squad so there's nothing to worry about, and I'll come back, I promise." Yunho whispered in the dead of the night. When he finally nodded, Yunho smiled and they spent that night enveloped in each others arms.

 

××

Yunho came back after a year, and everything felt like magic again.

..

He remembered waiting in the airport in vain. And when he heard Yunho's voice calling his name, he run to him. They collided, enfolded and slammed against a wall where they stayed. They muttered words, but none of them mattered because no words could compete on the sweet sweet taste of Yunho's lips.

 

He came back in the marines after a month, but he promised he'll come back. So he waited and waited. But unexpected things happened, and Yunho had to extend his duty for another two years, but he promised he'll come back. He held on to that.

 

××

Yunho said goodbye when everything seemed so fine and nothing could go wrong.

..

.

.

(99)

.

.

He hummed another song as he checked the table and smiled as the dishes he cooked were perfect. He blew a sigh and put off his apron. Grooming himself for a bit, he glanced at the clock.

"Five minutes, huh?" he said, clutching his fists.

Finally, after five minutes, he'll see Yunho again. Although Yunho was two years late, he didn't mind. Yunho's coming back home, and that's more than enough for him.

He blew another sigh and walked toward their porch. He doesn't want to admit, but anxiety and excitement were getting the better of him.

 

Four minutes.

He went to the garage to open the gates. Then, he came back to his seat in the porch.

What would he say, he thought. But he realized they wouldn't need words, Yunho would probably attacking his lips the moment he climbed out of the car. He blushed at the thought of that.

 

Three minutes.

He hummed a song about sunflowers and moons and stars. His foot tapping in an irregular beat.

 

Two minutes.

He bit his lips to stop himself from grinning like a fool. 

 

One minute.

He took a deep deep breath and closed his eyes, picturing how Yunho would look after three years.

 

57. 56. 55. 54 .. .. at the last second, he heard it, the sound of a car entering their garage.

"Soldiers are always on time, huh?" he muttered, eyes still closed.

And when he heard the engine died down and footsteps approaching his way, he slowly opened his eyes, and there he was - Jung Yunho with his warm smile and well-combed short hair.

He stood up, began walking to him. He's still handsome, he thought.

He continued to walk, and walk and Yunho grinned at him.

They were a meter away from each other now. He closed the distance between them. Closer. Closer.

He smiled at him, and there was a fleeting moment of silence when Yunho began reaching for him. He closed his eyes and waited for his touch. 

 

" .. I'm really sorry. We've done all we could, but we were too late .." a voice said that made him to fluttered his eyes open, then he realized there was no Yunho.

He looked intently at Yoochun, their friend and Yunho's co-soldier and Yoochun was saying something he couldn't quite make out.

When Yoochun bit his lips, he finally dropped his pretendings. He nodded slowly, looking at Yoochun's back.

"Where is he? I want to welcome him home, you know? It's been a while." he said, patting Yoochun's head. "I'm glad you're safe and sound. Don't blame yourself, okay? Now, where's that stupid husband of mine, huh?"

Yoochun sadly smiled at him, and he ushered his men to open the door of the car - and there he was, Jung Yunho, sleeping so sound. Only it was for forever.

When the black casket was placed before him, he knelt down, opening it. And he find Yunho's face were still the same, he almost looked like the man he married all those years ago. He hugged the casket of his husband who fought for the country with such bravery. Then, he hummed a slow song - the same song he'll hum whenever Yunho would wake up screaming with a dream of losing everything in this world.

He hummed slowly. Slowly. And when the song ended, he whispered his greeting.

.

.

--

 

End notes: *head in 90° bow* I'm sorry for the major plot twist. ><