Home

First Night Home

 

They’ve struggled so much. They’ve fought for the right to run with their true feelings and although there are still people who look down upon their decision, they’ve learned to simply not care anymore. They carry in their belongings to their new apartment, and it’s a refreshing step in their relationship. They’ve made it this far and things can only get better from here.

There isn’t much furniture and there are still so many things to be unpacked from their boxes so they work to get as much done as possible. Jinki and Jonghyun have just carried the couch to its designated spot and they let themselves drop dead right on it; it’s been an exhausting day.

Jinki tosses his head back and sighs contently while Jonghyun lays his head on the other’s thighs with his eyes closed. There’s nothing better than the feeling of satisfaction after a hard day’s work. “We’re actually here, huh?” Jinki asks idly. He knows they’ve been working for their own place for quite some time but the realization of finally having their own sanctuary free of judgmental parents doesn’t settle in until that moment. There’s nothing that can stop them now. It’s a new city with new people and endless possibilities.

“Yeah,” Jonghyun replies softly. He too can’t seem to really believe that all their hard work has actually paid off. “We are.”

Jinki looks down at Jonghyun’s face, peaceful and free of worries, and he’s suddenly overwhelmed with pride. This is what they’ve been working for: to no longer have to hide.

“I don’t know about you guys, but I’m sure as hell not sleeping on the couch tonight.”

Both men look over at their boyfriend leaning against the doorframe with arms crossed in an amused manner. Jonghyun groans when he feels Jinki begin to move. “Do we really have to?” he complains, his cheek dropping onto the cushion where Jinki was previously sitting.

“Come on,” Jinki insists. “It’s just one more thing and then we can sleep til noon.”

“I’m tired. I don’t wanna get up.”

“Fine. You can stay there if you want but then you’ll be sleeping alone tonight,” Taemin warns before retreating back into their bedroom. Jonghyun hears Jinki’s footsteps shuffle out the room as well and now he’s left alone. It’s a feeling he doesn’t like so he reluctantly gets up and goes to help make their bed. With enough persuasion he can be the one to pick which bedsheets they’ll sleep on for their first night home.

 

Tumblr Link