Starlight 2

Starlight

This continuation is for all the readers, but specifically, it's for taenysic3981 ^-^ I'm really, really sorry it took so long, and I'm probably going to say sorry for even putting out this chapter because it's definitely not the direction that most(?) of you guys expected..?

holy fuuhh... I'm srsly hesitating to post this >_<;;

it xD

 


Taeyeon woke up to the sounds of shouting, grunting, and hissing. It had been fifteen years since she had last heard voices besides her own. It felt almost unnatural.

 

Eyes squinting at the dim light, she slowly sat up. Her head felt like someone had rammed it against the wall a thousand times over. She brought her hands up to massage her temples but stopped midway, because something was amiss. There were no sounds of the chains on her wrists clanking together. All that was left was a white band on each of her wrists.

 

“Get up, inmate, it’s lunchtime.”

 

Taeyeon blinked up at the man. A guard? Where the hell was she? The last thing she could remember was seeing a bright ray of light shining in her eyes before everything faded into darkness.

 

“Did you not hear me?” The guard asked irritably as he tapped his stick against the bars of her new room.

 

Deciding to humor the man, Taeyeon did what she was told. She got up and walked out of her cell. It was kind of refreshing to be able to walk farther than two feet without the damn chains holding her back.

 

Confinement was a hole compared to this.

***

“Hey, you’re new here, aren’t you? I’m Yuri by the way." The girl stretched out her hand, and then retracted it back when Taeyeon glared at it. "Guess you're not a hand-shaker. You can consider me as your cellmate ‘cause I live across the hall from you. I saw them towing you in while you were unconscious. Did you know they accidentally dropped you?”

 

Well, that explains a lot. Suddenly, the sting on her head came back in full force. Those incompetent fools. She'd wreck them at the first opportunity.

 

“Stick with me, I’ll show you around. By the way, I didn't catch your name.”

 

Taeyeon usually preferred being alone, but she decided she’d squeeze out every bit of information about this place before ditching the chick.

 

“Taeyeon. So what is this place?”

 

“This, my friend, is what you would call a public prison. See these bracelets?” Yuri pointed at the similar white bracelets on her own wrists. “It locks in your powers, preventing you from using it. Even the most cold-blooded criminals are being transferred here now, because these gadgets can also shock you until you’re twitching like a measly little fly. Don’t worry though, they only use it when you’re causing trouble or stepping out of line.”

 

Taeyeon glanced at her bracelets. She gave it a gentle tug, and instantly felt it tightening around her wrist. Interesting.

 

“So, Taeyeon, right?” Yuri smiled as she handed Taeyeon a food tray. “What are you in here for?”

 

“Murder,” Taeyeon answered casually as she scooped up some green goop onto her tray.

 

“Same,” Yuri shrugged, winking at the cafeteria lady, who quickly looked away blushing. “I came in here a year ago for dismembering my mom’s ex-girlfriend. The had it coming. Did she honestly think I’d let her get away after she beat my mom? Pfft.” She snorted at the thought, planting herself at a table.

 

“So did you use your power to do it?”

 

There was a sudden gleam in Yuri’s eyes, like she was remembering how great it had felt when she was cutting into the woman's flesh and bones. “Nah. I did it the old-fashioned way. With a saw.”

 

“Nice.” Taeyeon answered without being the slightest interested. What she had gathered about her new ‘friend’ was that the girl was a bit sick and twisted. Not that she was judging, because Taeyeon was probably the sickest in the head. “Do you know everyone here?”

 

Yuri grinned proudly. “Yup. I know everyone and everything in this prison.”

 

Taeyeon looked around the room, no one really standing out until she caught sight of a girl looking around suspiciously before slipping behind a door.

 

“Where does that door lead to?”

 

“Oh, that? It leads to the maintenance room. It’s guarded pretty heavily though, so there’s no way-”

 

Suddenly the electricity had shut off and the entire room was now pitch black.

 

“, what’s going on?” Yuri cursed, sounding as startled as all the other inmates were. Even the guards were shaken up.

 

Quietly, Taeyeon used her hearing senses and memory to guide herself to the door. She had an idea of who had caused this shortage.

 

Once she managed to reach the door, she stumbled over unconscious bodies in the hallway. It was pretty impressive that the girl had managed to take on fully armored guards.

 

“Found it!”

 

Taeyeon blindly followed the sound of the voice until she reached the end of the hallway where a door was slightly ajar. Having barely poked her head in, she was already met with the tip of a pen pointed dangerously at her jugular vein.

 

“Scream, and you’re dead.” The voice threatened huskily.

 

Taeyeon would’ve cursed this person out while freezing her vital organs in any other circumstance, but right now, she was clearly at a disadvantage, so she quickly shut .

 

“Let’s go, you’re coming with me.”

 

Yeah, right. Taeyeon almost laughed at the order until the stranger pressed the pen roughly against .

 

“F-Fine.”

 

Soon enough, they were weaving into rooms and hallways, stealthily sneaking past guards while there was still a blackout.

 

“We’re almost there.”

 

“Where is there?”

 

“You’ll find out soon enough.”

 

Soon enough meant a second after, because Taeyeon was now being yanked into a room that was definitely below forty degrees.

 

“Eureka!” The stranger had celebrated as she opened up the container. Like a hungry raccoon, she began stuffing her pockets, shirt, and pants with the items from the box.

 

“What the hell is it?” Her blood began to boil over the silence. She hated being ignored and blind to her surroundings. “Answer my damn quest—umph,” Taeyeon accidentally swallowed whatever was shoved into . It could’ve been poison or acid that she had consumed, but thankfully, it turned out to be soft and creamy. “Pudding?”

 

The stranger quickly finished off the rest of the cup and tossed it on the ground. “Yup. These ty guards have been keeping all the good stuff for themselves. Good thing I overheard one guard telling his partner to grab him some pudding from the storage room.”

 

“You shut off the power, knocked out the security, and then ing threatened me into following you here just for ing pudding?” Taeyeon asked incredulously. She now had the sudden urge to throttle this stranger for crushing her hopes of escaping from this place. She couldn’t very much see her, but if she could know her exact position, she’d spit in her face for wasting her damn time.

 

“Have you tried the food here?! So, yeah, I did it for the pudding.” The stranger pouted in a haughty way as she slammed the lid shut and pressed her ear against the door. “It’s clear. We better get back to the lunchroom before they manage to turn the lights back on.”

 

The voice came from her left.

 

Taeyeon swiftly reached for the girl and twisted her shirt. “You shouldn’t have gotten me involved. Now I’m pissed, and you really won’t like it when I’m pissed.”

 

For a second, Taeyeon contemplated on killing her. It’d be so easy and satisfying to do so. Sadly, time was of the essence. The prison guards would have caught her by the time she had murdered this idiot. Sighing, Taeyeon released the girl who quickly coughed and gasped for air.

 

“Let’s get out of here.” Taeyeon headed out first, only to be tugged in the opposite direction by her hand.

 

“It’s this way.”

 

A minute later, they had joined Yuri, who wasn't even aware that Taeyeon had left, because she was still yapping away in pitch-black room.

 

“Like seriously, I’m just here to eat and sleep. When are they gonna turn the lights back on? Oh, by the way, what do you think of the food, Taeyeon? Have you tried the chicken yet?”

 

Just then, the lights had come back on, and the noise and chaos was instantly replaced with order and calmness.

 

Taeyeon twisted her head to the right, hoping to finally be able to see the stranger’s face clearly, but instead there was but a lone pudding cup with six words written on the foil wrapping: Chicken is . You’re welcome -Stephanie. 

 

Taeyeon stealthily tucked the cup into her pocket as she answered Yuri's question. “It's .”

***

Taeyeon couldn’t get her mind off of the mysterious pudding thief. Something about the girl had latched onto her attention and wouldn’t let go.

 

“That guy’s name is Dean. He usually keeps to himself. See that notebook? One time, a guard tried to take it from him, and the dude went berserk. Even before the guard could call for help, his neck had already been snapped in half. Krrr,” Yuri swiped her finger across her neck. “Dropped dead instantly. Nobody touches his notebook anymore.” She chuckled.

 

Taeyeon silently assessed the male. Nice jawline and very easy on the eyes. Too bad she was already ‘engaged’ to a 3-year old—well, that brat should be seventeen or eighteen by now. Taeyeon wanted to chuckle at her own inside joke. It’ll be so worth it when she gets out of here, finds the and then kills her with her bare hands. The fifteen-year-old itch will finally be scratched.

 

“Honestly, he’s a pretty chill guy. If no one messes with Dean, then Dean will mess with no one.”

 

“What’s his power?”

 

“Singing.” Yuri swayed back and forth and grinned. “Seems harmless, but it’s the kind of singing that will cause your blood cells to burst. His first concert debut did not end so well.”

 

“Huh.” Taeyeon leaned on the table, her chin resting on her palms as she scoped out the rest of the inmates. She could use some of them for her own use.

 

“See that tiny girl over there? Her name is Sunny. She can go as far back in time as she wants, just as long as she doesn’t blink.”

 

“And her?” Taeyeon remained fixated on a certain brunette.

 

“Oh, you mean Stephanie?” Yuri’s brows furrowed. “I don’t really know much about her. It’s weird. She talks a lot, but not much is being said. I’m guessing her power is to talk people to death.” She kidded, but Taeyeon wasn’t in the mood for jokes.

 

“I’ll find out.” Taeyeon walked up to the girl with Yuri following close behind. “You.”

 

Stephanie’s head bobbed upwards before she patted the cheek of the girl resting on her lap. “Jessica, wake up. It seems we have company.”

 

Yawning, the girl named Jessica sat up. “Why?”

 

“Yeah, why?” Stephanie looked up and down Taeyeon's figure, a smile widening once she was done. The girl appeared content with whatever she saw, and Taeyeon couldn't figure out what it was. “Is there something you need?”

 

“Fight me.”

 

“I’m sorry?”

 

“You heard me.” Taeyeon pointed to the mat with a smirk. “We’ll fight there. If I win, you’ll tell me what your power is.”

 

“But if I win,” Stephanie stood up and placed her lips super close to Taeyeon’s ear. “You’ll be ready to do whatever I tell you to after the guards have finished making their nightly rounds.”

 

Suddenly, her ear tingled. “Deal.”

***

They had amassed a big audience for their fight. Guards and inmates were both curious to see how this would pan out.

 

“The rules are this: You win when you manage to flip your opponent on her back three times. Everything else goes.” Yuri announced before she backed up off the mat to watch along with the crowd surrounding them.

 

Taeyeon wasn’t a fighter. Her power alone was enough to get the job done, so she never invested her time in anything else. She did know the basics, however, so maybe it would be enough to take this girl on.

 

“Taeyeon, right?”

 

Taeyeon cautiously narrowed her eyes as Stephanie smiled briefly at her from across the mat. She had only blinked once when she suddenly found Stephanie standing right in front of her.

 

What the ? When did she—

 

“One point for me.” She had claimed, right before she took Taeyeon down on the mat with little effort.

 

Hissing as her blood boiled, Taeyeon pushed herself off the mat and charged without waiting for the whistle. She would have to count on being quicker and having the element of surprise.

 

“You’re going down,” Taeyeon snarled like a vicious predator. Unfortunately, each time she grabbed for her, all she got was a fistful of air. “Stop ing moving!”

 

Stephanie laughed, once again sneaking past Taeyeon’s grasp. “I don’t think that’s how the game works.”

 

Now was her chance. While her guard was down and she was distracted, Taeyeon made her move and went full-on attack mode. She ran hard, eyes on the prize, and then by some miracle, she was flipped on her back. The air was knocked out of her clean as Stephanie kneed her in the gut.

 

“Two points,” Stephanie grinned down at her. “Tell me the truth. Are you even trying, Taeyeon?”

 

“Shut up,” Taeyeon growled as Stephanie hopped backwards with a teasing smile. “I’ll ing murder you.”

 

“You’re so angry.” She commented as she pouted, feigning hurt. “Did I upset you? Fine, I’ll let you have a point.” Stephanie began walking toward Taeyeon.

 

Patiently, Taeyeon remained rooted in place. At the right moment, she was going to strike, and she was going to make it hurt.

 

Three…

 

Two…

 

And…

 

One—

 

“Or maybe you’d feel better with a kiss.”

 

“W-What—“

 

Taeyeon couldn’t react fast enough as Stephanie’s words took her by surprise. All of a sudden, she was down, faceplanted on the mat harder and faster than the last two times.

 

“I win.” Stephanie’s eyes twinkled, and for a split second it reminded Taeyeon of someone. “See you tonight, Taeyeon.” She had walked off, resuming her place beside her sleeping friend before Taeyeon can interrogate her.

 

What the just happened? And what the was going to happen tonight?

 


Bet you guys have a bunch of theories or questions. Don't worry, next chapter is the last. Dunno when this will be updated though b/c I have no idea how the ending will go lol /coughs and hides/

Thanks for your vote: parkjaeyoung801, gcyoon, jumbo4, ttblub, KidLeaderTY, shaynelei, taeny_bear, barney01, 99darkkiller, Michlynx, creative, Ardem_Joseph23, PANICMOON, Kai-Castiel, MoonCatcher18, baby_tomato, darkpluto1, taenosaurus, iam309, maskool, unbelieve, xXLightningXx, Dhino_ss, Elaytaengsic, brontese, taejellybean, kjms29, LovingIsEverything, dmsungels, thequietone, abrdaughter, shaorin91