Final

What is a soulmate?

Please read this while listening to Ed Sheeran - Kiss Me. 

If there is any mistakes please excuse me, english is not my first language. 
Well, I hope you like it.
Please leave a comment if you enjoyed it or to give a critic so I can get it better. Also subscribe and thank you for taking your time to read this. ^^

Word count: 1.5k~

 

                                  

 

What is a soulmate?

A soulmate is like a best friend… but more. It’s someone that knew you and accepted you when no one else did. Or no one else would.

Himchan always struggled. He always knew he wasn’t as good as the others. He always knew he had to work harder to be considered at least something as close as good. The predebut time was hell. He used to cry a lot. He loved his bandmates and that’s why he was afraid. He was so scared of being just a stone in their way to shine.
He was always insecure; he didn’t even think he deserved to be the “visual” of the band. He hated how he looked like in the mirror.
After debut, in the interviews, he learned how to look (pretend to be) confident. When they asked who was the most handsome member he would obviously answer with his name, but then, he would look at Daehyun and he would feel useless because he was nothing compared to him. He would come to the dorm and lock himself in the bathroom. He would go under the shower and cry. But then, Yongguk would be there all the time to catch him.

Bang Yongguk would be there to hug him to sleep, to sing him a lullaby to help him fall asleep. He would take all the bad thoughts away. Bang Yongguk was an angel and he kept Himchan safe. He accepted Himchan, his baggage, his problems, his fears. Yongguk was always there to love him and support him. That’s what best friends are for, right? Expect best friends aren’t exactly what they are. Everyone knew, there was at least something more. The touches who lasted longer that what was needed, the light in their eyes when they looked at each other, the love in their eyes, the smile in their faces, the happiness when they were around each other; they were best friends but something more.

 

What is a soulmate?

It’s the only person in the world that knows you better than anyone else.

Yongguk was once again in the studio. He was sleepless, he hadn’t eaten in ages, but he needed focus. He needed to finish that song. He was stuck, he had the beat but he couldn’t finish the lyrics.
It wasn’t a song for an album or something, it was just something he had been working and he wanted to finish it. He was proud of what he had done until that moment.
He was writing and rewriting words as frustration built inside of him. He was angry, he was tired, he was angry but he couldn’t stop. He knew that if he didn’t finish that song he would be in a very bad humor and he would snap at his dongsaengs, and most important, at Himchan. He sighed. Himchan, he missed him. They were on a break and Himchan went to visit his parents. Yongguk didn’t want to be selfish and asked him to stay because he knew Himchan missed his parents. Is it weird Yongguk was missing him while he was only gone for not even 2 days?
He missed having his warm arms around him. His presence was calming and made Yongguk relax. Himchan was his source of happiness. He was just as important as music to him.

Yongguk shook his head. He needed to focus. Focus, Bang Yongguk.

He spaced again to his own world, where he didn’t hear and see anything outside his music. He wanted to finish that. So that’s why he didn’t see or heard Himchan coming in. Not until he felt arms around himself. He felt the sweet perfume Himchan wears. He felt like home, so he smiled and looked at his best friend, at his lover, and pulled him to his lap.
Himchan immediately wrapped his arms around his neck and looked at Yongguk’s eyes, smiling.
“I missed you too much” the younger (only for a few months) said and blushed. “But I’m here now. I know what you need and I’m not going anywhere.”

He got up and pulled a surprised Yongguk to the sofa in the studio to lay with him.
“Let’s rest now, Bbang. You need to rest and we will eat. I’m not letting you spend days to no end in the studio without taking care of your health.” Himchan said. “I got you, so just sleep. I’ll be right here, in your arms, when you wake up.” He gave one of his beautiful smiles. Yongguk’s heart skipped a bit.

Himchan always knew what he needed, like no one else.

 

What is a soulmate?

It’s someone who makes you a better person. Actually, they don’t make you a better person, you do that yourself because they inspire you.

People always told Yongguk how rude and cold he was. How he ignored people, how he didn’t care about other besides his needs. How selfish he was. He knew they were right.

No. He knew they used to be right.

What changed? He did; because Himchan entered his life.

He didn’t change because Himchan asked, though. He changed because Himchan inspired him. He changed because he wanted to be a better person to Himchan. He changed because Himchan deserved better.

Himchan was his role model. How much he cared about others. How much he helped others in need. How he would give his jacket to a homeless person on the street who was cold, even if it meant him being cold.

Himchan was an angel sent by the heavens to him. Yongguk fond him and he couldn’t be more thankful.

Himchan. Himchan. Himchan. This was what was in his mind 27/4. The man controlled his mind, and also his heart. He would do anything he could to make him happy. But he also wanted to make him proud. Yongguk wanted and needed to be a better person for Himchan. The younger was his world and deserved nothing more than the best.

Yongguk was no longer cold, no longer heartless.

Every night he would thank the gods for sending him that piece of heaven, that beautiful angel. He would have the man wrapped inside in arms, sleeping peacefully in his embrace and he would whisper “thank you Himchan, for inspiring me to be better.”

 

What is a soulmate?

A soulmate is someone who you carry with you forever. And no matter what happens, you will always love him. Nothing can ever change that.

Himchan and Yongguk were watching the sundown, remembering their old times as famous people, remembering when they had fans screaming for them. Those were happy times. But they are not twenty anymore. They aren’t young and energetic and as healthy as before.

Himchan and Yongguk are almost 80 years old now. Their skins are wrinkled and they can’t move as fast as before. They moved to USA when B.A.P came to an end, when they were around almost 40.

The bond between them never got weak, only stronger, so as their love.

They married, adopted one beautiful baby that now was in another city with his own family. Himchan and Yongguk had a very happy life where they were able to fulfil their dreams.

“Did you have a happy life, Bbang?” Himchan asked while looking at his husband, with the same amount of love, or even more as when they were younger.
“I did. I’m happy I have you by my side. I’m happy I spent my life with you.” He smiled, “I couldn’t be happier to be able to share my last years with you, Channie. Because it’s you I love, it was always you. My best friend, my love, my wife.” He laughed slightly at the last word.

Silence filled the space and they enjoyed the warm breeze in the air and the beautiful sight in front of them. They knew they hadn’t much time left; maybe a few more months?

Himchan was diagnosed with cancer so as Yongguk. They were ready, though. They did everything they wanted in life. They were happy and they weren’t scared.

“Do you believe we will be born again?” Himchan asked.
“I do. And I know that in any life, my soul will find yours. I know that in any life we will end up together. Because my soul belongs to yours and it’s the only way to be completed. I belong to you, Kim Himchan. Is any form and in any life, I am nothing without you. We are soulmates.”

Himchan felt silent tears down his cheeks.

“I love you so, so much Bang Yongguk. I regret nothing. I would go through everything and everyone to be with you. We are definitely soulmates.” Himchan smiled and Yongguk wiped as tears as he always had done since they were young.

When they died, they died together laying on their bed. It was peaceful and both of them are a smile on their faces. They were ready to reborn and find each other in other life.

 

What is a soulmate, you ask?

A soulmate is what Bang Yongguk is to Kim Himchan and what Kim Himchan is to Bang Yongguk. For them it doesn’t matter in which life they are, what their work his, how they look like because their souls belong together; because their souls complete each other.
It doesn’t matter what name they have, because their souls recognize each other.

Bang Yongguk and Kim Himchan will always find a way to each other, to be together.