You

Beauty and the Beast

“BRRRRiiinnnnnnnGGGG,” the school bell rang signalling the start of lunch, I let out a sigh of relief a minute more in class would make me go crazy. I lay my head down on the desk and closed my eyes. Moments later I felt a soft tap on my shoulder, it was her.

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to disturb you, I just wanted to properly introduce myself I’m Heo Youngji. I hope we can be great friends!” she said sticking her hand out. I grabbed her hand and shook it giving her a forced smile, “I’m Kim Areum…its nice to meet you.” I looked at Youngji and she was pretty…beautiful even she had long brown hair that cascaded down her back and big brown eyes and amazing skin, it made me feel slightly jealous… it made me think that I don’t deserve my name, Beauty suits her more than it does me.

“So I was wondering if you knew Jackson-shhi, I heard him call out a name.. Beauty but I wasn’t sure if he was speaking to you or somebody else.” Youngji asked. “Yep… that’s me B for Beauty it’s a nickname Jackson gave me when we were younger… I don’t think it suits me but whatever its his choice” I sighed. “Don’t think like that your name suits you perfectly I mean you’re really pretty” Youngji smiled at me. The way she looked at me while she said that made me feel horrible for the mean things I thought about her… she so sweet and nice.

“Areum-shhi?” Youngji said. “Are you and Jackson together?” she looked down at her legs playing with her fingers. I could tell she had a small crush on Jackson…*sigh* another love rival…..

“No….not at all” it pained me to say this, in my dreams me and Jackson were together but this is reality and there’s a large gap between the two. “He’s just my best friend” I said forcing out a smile this is a statement that haunts me…just my best friend nothing more nothing less, just friends… Youngji lifted her head and she had the brightest smile, I felt my heartache its sad to think that a statement that haunts me could be the possible happiness of others. It was clear Youngji had a crush on Jackson… and theres nothing I could do to stop that.

I wanted to forget about this situation, even just for a moment. “Come on Youngji, let’s go to the cafeteria I want to introduce you to some of my friends” I grabbed her arm and dragged her down to the cafeteria.

I was racing down the hallway with Youngji not far behind. I bumped into someone and it led me crashing down onto the floor. I srtuggled to get up I could feel a throbbing pain on my ankle, I think I sprained it. I turned round and a guy stared at me with the most terrifying look. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to bump into you” I apologised immediately. I started to walk away when the guy grabbed my arm and spun me round to face him, his face was so close to mine. “I don’t think that’s a proper apology” the guy shouted. “Yes it is now let go” I grabbed Youngji’s arm and limped to the cafeteria. What a strange guy?

Me and Youngji finally reached the cafeteria and there he was standing in all of his glory holding two trays, he placed the trays down on the table gave me a smile and waved.

Dammit the butterflies are back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so sorry guys I know this chapter is long overdue please forgive me ^>^ I've been really sick lately and I wanted to get better soon before I could write this chapter. I'm also super sorry if theres any mistakes in the chapters I'm sort of rushing right now but I hope you enjoy this chapters abit boring but atleast you get to learn more about Areums thoughts. I hope you can continue reading and supporting the story 

Kat x