Why

Beauty and the Beast

I stepped onto the bus, presenting the bus driver my bus pass; he gave a slight nod signalling that I move forward into the bus. I walked up the aisle and proceeded to sit in my favourite spot, the furthest seat in the back next to the window. I closed my eyes letting the cool summer breeze brush against my face, I let my senses take over I could hear the steady hum of the bus engine; I could smell rain that fell the night before, I loved the scent of rain. Rain had always been something I loved unlike most people; something about the sound of rain had always calmed me even in the worst situations.

The bus came to a stop, my eyes slowly opened as if synchronised with the doors they opened to welcome new passengers, there he was stepping into the bus my best friend: Jackson, here he was like clockwork, this was a routine that occurred every day. I stared at the handsome specimen approaching me with every step he took it felt as if the world was brighter, his smile could make any girl swoon… he made my heart race. He’s always had this effect on me.

“Good morning my wonderful best friend” Jackson said placing himself onto the seat next to mine. Jackson puts his arm around my shoulders, just the simple action made me happy even if it was only a friendly gesture. Jackson exclaimed “Are you ready to start our last year of school?”

“I’m never ready for school” I replied rolling my eyes at his statement. Out of us two Jackson had always been the more optimistic and cheerful one, he could make people smile even in the toughest times. “Oh come on Areum turn that frown upside down!” Jackson pushed the sides of my lips to form a forced smile. I giggled at his failed attempt, “see look you smiled, you always look better when you smile Beauty” Jackson said. Beauty- this was a nickname Jackson gave me when we were younger….

FLASHBACK

“Areum...” 7 year old Jackson said hesitantly

“Yes Ka Yee...” 7 year old Areum replied, Ka Yee is Jacksons other name but prefers to be called by Jackson instead. “I’ve always wondered but… what does your name actually mean, I’m not trying to be mean… I was just wondering…” Jackson said. “My umma told me my name means Beauty… but I never really liked it” I had always hated my name; I never really thought my name represented me up until that point.

Jackson smiled “I like your name though… I think it suits you, I know from now on my nickname for you is Beauty that way you will always be reminded of how beautiful you are!”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there I hope you enjoyed the first chapter I'm sorry if its realllllyy short its my first time and hopefully through practice ill get better with my content but i hope you enjoyed this and continue to support the story thank you! :) x